Senior U.S. Open

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Senior U.S. Open

Post by War Wagon »

Excuse my intrusion into this forum. I seldom give a rats ass about golf except for the majors, and even less about the senior tour. But when my homeboy Tom Watson is leading by 3 strokes after a 2nd round 66, I feel compelled to crow about it a bit.

Go get 'em, Tom.

Thanks for your time. You may now resume not giving a flying fuck.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Since I believe my Homie and past champion Peter Jacobsen is injured still, and Bob Gilder(Jake's kinda-sorta archenemy) isn't playing, I'll go with a homer-by-proxy --

Eduardo Romero. My only connection is that he made that monster run in the Tradition last year, which coincided perfectly with my drunken arrival, and I subsequently followed Romero most of the time. My buddy and I still maintain that it was the driving tips we gave him while he was waiting on the tee that put him over the top. I'm pretty sure Eduardo doesn't see it that way, though.

Either way, that was about a sick of a back nine of a "major" you'll ever see, to come from WAY back and win on Sunday. I also happened to be standing right out of camera view when he did the now-legenday kissing-of-the-trophy that they're using as a Champions promo picture so much this season.

So, I'll go with Eduardo, as my pre-monday-morning pick...unofficially.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tom's in great postion to snag his first Senior Open, leading by 3 strokes after 54 holes. Thing is, he's led this tournament at this juncture before only to cough it up during the final round. He's finished 2nd way too many times. At least that fucker Alan Doyle isn't around (having missed the cut) for Watson to lose sleep over tonight.

I think he gets it done this time. His putting, which has been his downfall in the past, has been solid lately. He'd have to pull a complete choke job to blow this lead, and I just don't see anybody capable of going out and posting a low enough score to overcome a 3+ shot deficit. That's a tough golf course, with landmines on every hole that will punish anyone who can't drive accurately.

An even par round should get it done for Tom to finally be able to add this plum to his resume.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

War Wagon wrote:Alan Doyle
That is one crankpot, motherfucker. Not only is he in fact a crankpot, motherfucker... he looks the part quite well on the course.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Crankpot?

Well, whatever that means, he's fucked up my boy Tom's world more than once.

So has Dana Quigley. Is he a crankpot too, Ken?
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Crankpot?

ok....i'll try.

Crankpot (D): some old fuckstick hockey Dude that has Half a swing; and, can Knock it past Ken by 50 Yards.

1. US Senior Open WINNER.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

An even par round should get it done.
And it would've too, except for one of the most epic choke jobs ever. Holy crap, he was at -9 after a birdie on the 10th with a four shot lead, and proceeded to go +8 on the final 8 holes.

That was absolutely painful to watch.

Oh well, Rack that Bryan dude (never even heard of him until today) for a final round 68. That was some killer game he had out there today. He'll probably never win another tournament, but nobody can take that away from him. The $480k winners purse didn't suck either and will have him pretty much set.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

i did a kitchen for larry nelsons caddie.

larry nelson?? i think that was the guys name.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

is it Monday????

Gawd and g0d RACK my Call for Brad Bryant to bitchslap the Cane Users in the US Senior Open!

Watson....OUCH!

RACK Dr. Dirt's 68!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Qbert wrote:RACK my Call for Brad Bryant to bitchslap the Cane Users in the US Senior Open!
I had him winning all the way.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:Oh well, Rack that Bryan dude (never even heard of him until today) for a final round 68. That was some killer game he had out there today. He'll probably never win another tournament, but nobody can take that away from him. The $480k winners purse didn't suck either and will have him pretty much set.

His name is Bryant. One title on the regular tour. Four on the Senior tour, and he’s only 52 years old. Total winnings of over $7.5 million. Just toddle on back over to the Neckar forum, Whitey.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As far as the Geezers Tour, I'm not sure any chokejob can compare to the one I witnessed in person last year.

Loren Roberts(who pretty much PWN3D! that course in previous years) was in the lead, not only of the last real scoring event on the Champions, the Tradition, but for the whole freaking season-championship. He was rocking the party going into the back 9 on Sunday...then, I showed up...

Bogey, bogey, bogey, and more bogies. In the season points standings, Jay Hass was just a few points behind Roberts, started to card some birds. When it was all said and done, within a couple of hours, Roberts had gone from can't-miss Champions champion, to second place. That was pretty cool, actually -- there wasn't just a seniors "major" on the line -- the whole freaking season was playing out on that back 9...

And Roberts sucked a huge dick.

Awwwwwesome choke-job. I'm not sure there's another sport that lends itself so well to last-minute chokes like golf does.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Dinsdale wrote:Hass
So, where should dins 'toddle on back over' to, goobs?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Did I type that?

I HATE it when I do that. Typos and flat-out fuckups are one thing, but I'm quite familiar with how that particular golfer spells his name.

Uhm...those keys are adjacent to each other...yeah, that's it.

Oh, and don't forget -- I get to edit this forum at will. Don't make me get all Nazi up in this beyotch, and actually try and figure out how the buttons work.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

tit for tat dins.....

you should "toddle" over to the Neckcar forum and start a thread about Jeff Gorcan.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Felix wrote:tit for tat dins.....

you should "toddle" over to the Neckcar forum and start a thread about Jeff Gorcan.....
mention something about "Welcome to Wrigley Stadium..." as well.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Ken wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Hass
So, where should dins 'toddle on back over' to, goobs?
Well, Kendra, the misspelling of "Bryant" was the least of Whitey’s errors. I think there's a decent chance that Bryant wins again this year. And I imagine Dinsdale probably toddled off to a tavern with no coaching from me. Now why don’t you toddle on back to the cross-stitching forum.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim