Fourth festivities

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Fourth festivities

Post by War Wagon »

Wifey and I will hang around the house and BBQ some ribs and what not, and make sure noone of the pyro's around here burn my trailer right down to the cinder blocks. I'll also try to prevent my dogs from going catatonic over WW III blowing up all around us.

I've lived in this 'hood now for 20 years, and every year it gets more impressive. I'm simply amazed at how much cash some folks piss off on fireworks. Nope, no need to go fight the crowds, traffic, and drunks at some public display, the one in my own front yard will offer a 360 degree panoramic view that will rival the bestest show in town.

In order to not be a hypocrit, I'll admit that I spent a fair chunk of change on my own fireworks again this year. Yes, I know it's a waste of money, but I consider it my patriotic duty to blow shit up on the 4th of July, and I won't shirk that duty.

Happy 231st Birthday to the Red White and Blue

Long may she wave.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

have FUN Wags.....

we're gonna do just about the same...'cept from blowing shit UP!

HAPPY 4th to Everyone!

G0D Bless OUR Troops serving our Country!
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Re: Fourth festivities

Post by Truman »

War Wagon wrote:In order to not be a hypocrit, I'll admit that I spent a fair chunk of change on my own fireworks again this year. Yes, I know it's a waste of money, but I consider it my patriotic duty to blow shit up on the 4th of July, and I won't shirk that duty.
What better way to celebrate the annual recognition of our eternal 'bode over a bunch of dentally-challenged, inbred, imperialist ingrates than with a few dozen surreptitiously attained Class A explosives? Nothing sez "fuck off limey" better than a Folgers can blown clean over the roof of the ol' double wide.

Blew a small mint on the family display over the weekend, so I'm packin' the kids, the Weber, and a couple of brooms off to the K tomorrow night to see what kind of show the real pyro types put on after the Good Guys sweep the Errriners. 'Magine we'll dodge the odd bottle rocket-or-seven by the time the ribs are ready to serve. A happy and safe Fourth to you and yours, Wags.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Happy 4th of July. You sound like a good man Qbert.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Mrs. Luth is going to make some potato salad, and I'll bbq up some chicken wingettes later this afternoon. Typically on the 4th of July I drink a basic beer. No import, no micro, just your basic beer...one that if you held it up and said, "What country do you think of when you see this beer?"

Bud. Yessir, Bud is a USA beer. What's on the side of the can nowadays, NASCAR?

Bwahahaha.

Todd, why do you have to drive out of state to buy just one solitary silver bullet? Over the years you've had fifty posters willing to personally come to your home and hand load any revolver of your choice. You don't have to drive anywhere, Todd.

I want you guys to know that I tried to record the Tards yesterday. Not only did they have activity at the hot tub but the trampoline got in some use too. But as soon as I turned it to record, they quit performing. This went on for a few hours and I just didn't have my camcorder groove going on. Today is going to be a hot one (low 90's) and I don't plan on doing anything pyrotechnic.

I bet old Fester is having some drunken family get together. Hamm's, guns, targets, more Hamm's, women who push 40 wearing Daisy Dukes, hyper children with missing teeth running around, dogs and paper plates.

So when your sitting on your deck, or your porch, please drink as much as you want and give the car keys to junior.

Rip City
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Luther wrote:Mrs. Luth is going to make some potato salad, and I'll bbq up some chicken wingettes later this afternoon. Typically on the 4th of July I drink a basic beer. No import, no micro, just your basic beer...one that if you held it up and said, "What country do you think of when you see this beer?"

Bud. Yessir, Bud is a USA beer. What's on the side of the can nowadays, NASCAR?

Bwahahaha.

Todd, why do you have to drive out of state to buy just one solitary silver bullet? Over the years you've had fifty posters willing to personally come to your home and hand load any revolver of your choice. You don't have to drive anywhere, Todd.

I want you guys to know that I tried to record the Tards yesterday. Not only did they have activity at the hot tub but the trampoline got in some use too. But as soon as I turned it to record, they quit performing. This went on for a few hours and I just didn't have my camcorder groove going on. Today is going to be a hot one (low 90's) and I don't plan on doing anything pyrotechnic.

I bet old Fester is having some drunken family get together. Hamm's, guns, targets, more Hamm's, women who push 40 wearing Daisy Dukes, hyper children with missing teeth running around, dogs and paper plates.

So when your sitting on your deck, or your porch, please drink as much as you want and give the car keys to junior.

Rip City
Er, gee, Luth, you just nailed the typical family get-together here in the Flyover. Image

But please tell me that you don't have issues with quadrogenarians in tight shorts. Hell, a good ol' American twelve pack of vision solution will cure a Size 40 ass any day.

Besides, 40 is the new 30... Or so they say. Sheesh!

Oh, and war young'uns with learner's permits!

Happy 4th, Luth!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Just polished off some fall off the bone short ribs with corn on the cob, baked beans, and fried taters on the side. Life is good.

Happy 4th, All.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

You're not going to share details of your upcoming bowel movement with us too, are you?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mister Bushice wrote:You're not going to share details of your upcoming bowel movement with us too, are you?
Run away, Bushie... Mayday was two months ago...
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

makes me wish I'd made a ride out of state to get some decent works
I know this cool place 30 miles East of Albecrackie..........

Gonna be some fun in my hood this evening. The 4 ft Skyrockets are the shit.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

I bought the 100 dollah box of noise makers. It has 30 or 40 rockets in it. Cali is pretty strict about real fireworks, but the kids like the ones they do allow.

Plus, some of my Mexican neighbors manage to smuggle in some real shit from somewhere, so we usually get a good show. There's too much noise for the cops to tell the fake ones from the real thing.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

We have friends who live on Conesus lake. Went to their place yesterday for an all-day bbq. Beverages were consumed. At about 8:30 we headed out to their dock to watch the neighbors who ring the lake lighting off their very expensive fireworks. At 10 pm every house on the lake puts flares on the edge of their property and lights them to create the annual 'Ring of Fire." We took the kids and headed back at about 11 pm, and the fireworks were still going off.

We're glad that we basically did our 4th of July stuff yesterday, because it's been raining like crazy all day today. The damp is making my sinuses throb (no, I don't have a hangover, so it's not from that...). Thank goodness I've got Age of Empires 3 to keep me occupied whilst the kids entertain themselves.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Fireworks usage is illegal within the city limits of KCMO, but I doubt the police have ever handed out one ticket or made one arrest for it. They pretty much just look the other way as long as you aren't shooting them at somebodies house or cars and nobody's complaining. They'd have to ticket or arrest half the damn city, and they've got more pressing things to attend to than worry about some kids lighting off bottle rockets.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Went over to Sanibel Island to drive over the new causeway bridge--- raining most of the day but has
stopped now that we are back home. A guy a couple doors down is the neighborhood fireworks freak--
has been setting them off the past couple of nights
(thankfully observing a 10 PM shut off)-- setting them off right now and I expect for the rest of the day !!
BBQ--beer-- and into my pool !!
Thank God for allowing me to live in such a place of
freedom and prosperity !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Same here or close. We can't have anything at TVO level (knee high for most of us). Doug's my retired fire department neighbor and he confessed to me a few years ago that he almost freaked out when a malfunctioning illegal bottle rocket landed on my roof---still in stage 1 of its primary burn. I wasn't home at the time but Doug said he had a vision of being in some jail cell or having me pistol whip his ass.

But that new asphalt shingle roof held strong and the rocket didn't burn through.

Rip City
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Wolfman wrote:Went over to Sanibel Island to drive over the new causeway bridge-
I think that's enough celebrating for one day.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Attended the big C-bus bash "Red, White and Boom" on Tues evening. Parked a mile away and hiked to over to the private corporate venue by the Columbia Gas building that was fenced in from the rest of the mad crowd. Tables of food, plenty of icy cold brew and the best seating to view the fireworks. Getting outta there when it was over was another thing.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Buyers remorse starts to set in right about now.

As in, why the fuck did I just blow all that money up in smoke?

Of course, I'll do it again next year.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

burp............
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Wakey Wake !!

:D

Rip City
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Happy 4th of July! <------- click :idea:
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

thanx poppy!

Happy 4th!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I spent the 4th at Crab Island....

I'll pictures you won't want to miss of the festivities sometime in the next couple of days but I am nursing a hangover today and forgot to bring my camera.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:We have friends who live on Conesus lake. Went to their place yesterday for an all-day bbq. Beverages were consumed. At about 8:30 we headed out to their dock to watch the neighbors who ring the lake lighting off their very expensive fireworks. At 10 pm every house on the lake puts flares on the edge of their property and lights them to create the annual 'Ring of Fire." We took the kids and headed back at about 11 pm, and the fireworks were still going off.
That's exactly what we did three years ago.

With the rain yesterday (first real rainfall in close to a month, my lawn is proof that we needed it badly, so I can't complain too much), there wasn't as much to do as usual. I went shopping with my wife earlier in the day (her favorite pasttime, unfortunately). We caught fireworks after a minor league ballgame, but unfortunately those didn't start until about 10:30 or so.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Qbert wrote:HAPPY 4th to Everyone!

G0D Bless OUR Troops serving our Country!
Word
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: With the rain yesterday (first real rainfall in close to a month, my lawn is proof that we needed it badly, so I can't complain too much), there wasn't as much to do as usual. I went shopping with my wife earlier in the day (her favorite pasttime, unfortunately). We caught fireworks after a minor league ballgame, but unfortunately those didn't start until about 10:30 or so.
We've pretty much the exact opposite of that here in Tejas. It's rained 5 days a week for about the past two months. We've had so much rain that my lawn needs to be mowed twice a week. Grrrrr...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I spent the 4th at Crab Island....
Been there, done that.

sin

Shrunken Perk
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I spent the 4th at Crab Island....
Been there, done that.

sin

Shrunken Perk
I don't think we are talking about the same kind of Crabs... ;)
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Went out to the Hyundai Fourth of July Sale and bought a new car for the wife. Sat around for a couple of hours while the paperwork was shuffled back and forth. Went over and showed it off to grandpa, and gave him a ride up and down the road. He was highly impressed and asked if he could take if for a spin (he hasn't driven a car for about 5 years now). Went home, hung around the pool and cooked up some tri-tips over an oak fire.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Mikey wrote:Went out to the Hyundai Fourth of July Sale and bought a new car for the wife.

Ever notice that your local dealership's "sales" are always right around a holiday? Then they will "extend" it for a "limited time only." And then, "re-extend" it... because the dealer is feeling sooooo benevolent? And then... they'll have a "pre sale" right before the next holiday. Even in August, when there is no fucking holiday that I'm aware of... they'll think of some bullshit or another. Ohhhh... it's the "Dog Days of Summer Sale." I like that. My point being, there's never not a "holiday sale" going on for cars.

Regardless, good for you, and I hope she's happy with it. There's nothing like that new car smell.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, yeah, I know all of that. We went around test driving last Saturday and the Hyundai guy told us that there was a $2000 incentive for the "pre-fourth" sale, but that the incentives were ending on July 2. He said the incentives could be less or they could be more on 7/4. It turned out that they were exactly the same. Who woulda thunk it?

Anyhow, I bought another car there last year and got what I thought was a really good deal, so I went back. They were all happy and shit to find out I was a returning customer and took another $500 off the top - they probably subtracted it from my trade-in anyway. Bottom line is, I like their product, their standard saftey equipment and their price points, and I especially like their warranty. Best value out there IMHO.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Toddowen wrote:
Luther wrote:
I'd like to see you try and do that on your own....say if I made the drive out there to Portland.

Judging from the amount of injuries you've aquired over the course of you illustrious career, it's probably a fair guess to say that you need your gun. If you didn't, then you wouldn't feel the need to "fire" Phil.
Hell ..you can't seem to load that fucking gun and blow your brains out....I would load it and hand it to you, and then get my video camera rolling and that bad boy would be the hit of You Tube before your brain matter stopped dripping from the ceiling.

You make the trip out here, Luth can dime up Dins and myself, we will drink some beers, blow a bowl or two, fire up a couple of cigars and hand you the gun and make the video. Post it on You Tube and then go catch the last shower show at Dillingers..

Unlike you, some people do get injured on the job, cops firemen, construction workers, etc..but hand wringers like you can't take that chance.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Mikey wrote:He said the incentives could be less or they could be more on 7/4. It turned out that they were exactly the same. Who woulda thunk it?

What a hack... any true salesman would have known that not only were the incentives going to be less on July 4th, there wouldn't be any incentives at all.

In fact, someone already put down an offer on the car and was coming to pick it up tomorrow, but he likes you, so he would do you a favor this ONE TIME and let you take the car off of his hands instead.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Mikey wrote:He said the incentives could be less or they could be more on 7/4. It turned out that they were exactly the same. Who woulda thunk it?

What a hack... any true salesman would have known that not only were the incentives going to be less on July 4th, there wouldn't be any incentives at all.

In fact, someone already put down an offer on the car and was coming to pick it up tomorrow, but he likes you, so he would do you a favor this ONE TIME and let you take the car off of his hands instead.
The fact that any of you cretins let a "REBATE" affect your purchase decison is hilairous. You all deserve the ass fucking your gonna get when that salesperson comes in with your "REBATE" Bwwaahaaa..
Derron
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Y2K wrote:
makes me wish I'd made a ride out of state to get some decent works
I know this cool place 30 miles East of Albecrackie..........

Gonna be some fun in my hood this evening. The 4 ft Skyrockets are the shit.

I think we stopped in about 3 places in NM to load up. The place we stopped east of the 'Crackie you're talking about had the BEST shit. Remember the crew cab being stacked to the roof with all of those fireworks? That place was awesome.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote:

The fact that any of you cretins let a "REBATE" affect your purchase decison is hilairous. You all deserve the ass fucking your gonna get when that salesperson comes in with your "REBATE" Bwwaahaaa..
Who said anything about a "REBATE" you illiterate fucking moron? It was an "incentive". Did you know that there actually is a difference between the two?

And guess what, anybody with even half a brain (maybe you're actually gaining on this plateau based on what it seems you were trying to convey with your nearly incomprehensible attempt at typing) considers the final cost of the vehicle (including any "incentives" or other "discounts" that are thrown into the deal) and compares it to the final cost (including "incentives", "etc.") of any other vehicles they are considering before making a final decision.

Have you ever actually purchased anything on credit, or more expensive than a 64 oz Big Gulp?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

:lol:

I think he knew right off that we wouldn't fall for that one. We told him at the beginning that we'd just been to the Nissan dealer and were going to try several other models. He seemed like a pretty straight and honest kid anyway.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sounds like ucant has some experience as a car salesman.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote:
Derron wrote:

Who said anything about a "REBATE" you illiterate fucking moron? It was an "incentive". Did you know that there actually is a difference between the two?

And guess what, anybody with even half a brain (maybe you're actually gaining on this plateau based on what it seems you were trying to convey with your nearly incomprehensible attempt at typing) considers the final cost of the vehicle (including any "incentives" or other "discounts" that are thrown into the deal) and compares it to the final cost (including "incentives", "etc.") of any other vehicles they are considering before making a final decision.

Have you ever actually purchased anything on credit, or more expensive than a 64 oz Big Gulp?
Difference between the 2 ??? One you get fucked with a lubed stick and the other they just jam up your well worn asshole and twirl it around a couple of times...

I'v bought enough high ticket shit to know when they are trying to fuck me...unlike you who bob your pin head up and down when the slimebag salesperson asks you that time honored question " How much do you want your payment's to be bro ??

Of course, I don't buy a lot of brand new shit, I prefer some dick stain like you get fucked for the depreciation the first 2 or 3 years and then I can pick it up at a better value than brand new, and since I can either pay cash ( thats where you pay for it at once with a check ), or get much better terms from my bank or lease company, I don't have to worry about the bullshit dealer financing , rebates, incentives, discounts, goat fuckings and all that other sales fluff...

Bob your head up and down and agree with me you fuck wad..
Derron
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote:

Of course, I don't buy a lot of brand new shit, I prefer sit in somebody else's shit stained driver's seat and enjoy the lingering smell of their baby's puke and dog drool than that rancid new car smell. In fact I've got this one brah who keeps selling me 10 year old cars with only 5,000 miles on them - and the wheels only wobble a little!! Who needs a warranty anyway with friends like that?

RACK you and your brah, though, for really getting over.