myspace users, freaks, parents, whomever...... a question

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

myspace users, freaks, parents, whomever...... a question

Post by kcdave »

Im in a bit of a quandry here, so wtf, I might as well ask what you all think.

Hanging at a family deal over the weekend, I was asked the following from my cousin about her 16yr old daughter.

Scenario: Some dude (local, lives within 3 miles of their house, owns a local business, married, 46 years old,) sent her daughter a pm, message, invite, or what ever they call the shit on there. According to mom, her daughter blocked the guy, never replied, but yet he sent her another message 5 days later, offering an apology if he had offended her. From what she told me, there was nothing in either message other than normal chit chat kinda bullshit. Nothing sexual, nothing explicit. The only reason she blocked him was doing as mom had told her. "If anyone you do not know, or anyone out of school contacts you, block them and tell me.|" She did just as mom told her to do.

There is a little more to this, but first I must ask a question. I dont know jack shit about myspace. If you block someone, how can they still contact you?

More of the scenario: Mom takes a look at dudes myspace, and finds over 20 girls from the local school listed on his myspace. A friend of the daughter tells her that one of the girls told her, that he had asked private questions, piercing the clit, and shaving the beaver.

Thats a little to much he said, she said, shit for me.

Bottom line, what is the correct course of action here? Call the cops? Ban the guy again, and contact myspace? Ban the girl from the net? Call NBC and put that predator dude on his ass?

I gotta think if even part of this is legit, dude is a fucking piece of shit. I see this kind of thing talked about on the news from time to time, but I have no clue on who to contact, or what course of action she should take. Ideas?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Is the second amendment still in force in KC?
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I gotta think if even part of this is legit, dude is a fucking piece of shit. I see this kind of thing talked about on the news from time to time, but I have no clue on who to contact, or what course of action she should take. Ideas?

What part of "Turn Off The Fucking Computer" is a bad thing here?
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Sounds like a total scumbag to me. Forward me all of his info and i'll have my friends invite him over for a little chat.

Sin
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Re: myspace users, freaks, parents, whomever...... a questio

Post by Mister Bushice »

kcdave wrote:Im in a bit of a quandry here, so wtf, I might as well ask what you all think.

Hanging at a family deal over the weekend, I was asked the following from my cousin about her 16yr old daughter.

Scenario: Some dude (local, lives within 3 miles of their house, owns a local business, married, 46 years old,) sent her daughter a pm, message, invite, or what ever they call the shit on there. According to mom, her daughter blocked the guy, never replied, but yet he sent her another message 5 days later, offering an apology if he had offended her. From what she told me, there was nothing in either message other than normal chit chat kinda bullshit. Nothing sexual, nothing explicit. The only reason she blocked him was doing as mom had told her. "If anyone you do not know, or anyone out of school contacts you, block them and tell me.|" She did just as mom told her to do.

There is a little more to this, but first I must ask a question. I dont know jack shit about myspace. If you block someone, how can they still contact you?
multiple accounts. they only block user names, not ips.
More of the scenario: Mom takes a look at dudes myspace, and finds over 20 girls from the local school listed on his myspace. A friend of the daughter tells her that one of the girls told her, that he had asked private questions, piercing the clit, and shaving the beaver.

Thats a little to much he said, she said, shit for me.

Bottom line, what is the correct course of action here? Call the cops? Ban the guy again, and contact myspace? Ban the girl from the net? Call NBC and put that predator dude on his ass?

call the FBI, report his myspace account info. they'll check him out and watch, and myspace is VERRAH cooperative with law enforcement when it comes to pedos. The local cops can't do shit.

Let the feds sort it out. They love busting kid touchers.

But if all your info is wrong, they might end up busting your ass.

Sort of a win win for all of us car wreck watchers.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Being the father of a 15 year old, I gotta ask, how the fukk does she get her kid to do anything she asks?

My first thought would be to drive over there and very calmly inform him that if he evah contacts your daughter before she reaches, say, retirement age, you will personally cut his balls off, stuff them down his throat and kill him. Trouble is, this would make him aware that he is being watched. So, call the G-geeks errrr G-men as has been mentioned.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

#1 the daughter or somebody is lying if they claim they blocked him and he was able to keep sending messages. I use myspace more than most. I have a poker group there I moderate and we organize home games/tournies, and get togethers on a social basis. We find myspace to be a very useful tool. I also keep up with friends in the military and from college and high school on it.

Any place with over 100 million users on it is going to have some nutcases, it's the law of averages.

I know the block button works damn well because when I switched my profile from married to divorced I had about 3x the typical messages and about 20 "adds" in the first week. Some of those people were very weird and I used the block button numerous times.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

A friend of the daughter tells her that one of the girls told her, that he had asked private questions, piercing the clit, and shaving the beaver.
I'lll give a Gold Star to whoever can diagram this sentence.

I created a myspace account a few years ago, because someone asked me if I was on there. The whole system seems to be garbage - nothing but a conduit for spam and shit.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I think there might have been an episode where Ward shaved the Beaver.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Call your local FBI office and ask to speak with the complaint duty agent. Have every bit of info that you have on the guy handy.

I've taken calls in the past from mothers with complaints similar to the first part of your scenario. As creepy as it is, there are no laws in regard to a 40 year old man chatting online with a teenage girl. As long as the talk remains innocent, there's nothing wrong with it - from a legal standpoint.

As for the rest of the scenario, his asking those personal questions is a bit of a grey area. Very inappropriate but is it illegal? That alone, maybe not. Is he looking to lead it somewhere else into something more overtly sexual. Probably but is there evidence of that?

Regardless, call the closest FBI field office and give them everything you have on the guy. Since you know he's local, also call the local PD and/or sheriff's department. At least it gets this guy's info on record and it might warrant a couple of FBI Agents going and talking to this guy as sort of a preemptive strike to put him on notice. There also might be other complaints against him and this would only strengthen a criminal case. Make the call.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

I love how you are all ready to call the FBI over a "friend of a friend of a friend who is 12 told me..."

There are stories of people setting up stings and when its set up, they call in the fbi, show them the proof and let them make the arrest if its enough. There are also online organizations that work regularly with cops who can do some looking into the claims and then alert the fbi/cops if there is something fishy. Guardian Angels is one such organization that comes to mind.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

my first instinct would be to beat the shit out of him.
my next would be to tell his wife EVERYTHING :twisted:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

What would I do?

If the girl was someone I knew, like a friend's daughter, or a relative...

I wouldn't call anyone.

And I can gaurantee, with 100% assurance, it wouldn't happen again. And I doubt it he'd be contacting anyone else's daughter, either.

Fuck, this world has become a bunch of gutless pussies. The sad part is, after you gave the dude a little "neighborly advice," I seriously doubt you'd find a cop that would do anything to you, except maybe shake your hand.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

About ten years ago I was contacted on AOL (yeah, I used to have AOL way back when...) by a 16 y/o girl from Florida who wanted some help with her German homework. I was more than happy to add her to the OC mentoring program and gave her the help she asked for.

Eventually, she began IM'ing me and asking me "life" questions, such as why boys only seemed interested in sex and would say anything to get it. I treated her like a big brother and basically told her that all men are driven by a desire to have sex and that as long as she entered every relationship knowing that probably 90% of guys just wanted to nail her, she'd be fine. This really seemed to help her out a lot as she'd been getting the "I love you, why won't you let me nail you" treatment from several past boyfriends.

The conversations got deeper into sex to the point where I started feeling uncomfortable. I answered some of her questions that were just based in ignorance, such as, "Is it true that you can't get pregant the first time you have sex" or "Can you get pregnant while you're on your period" or "Can you get preggo if a guy pulls out"...that sort of thing.

I was more than happy to give her general advice on relationships and even go a bit further, but by no means was I going to get into discussions of sexual techniques with an underage chick, especially over the internet when I had no idea who would be reading them, if she would be doing a c-n-p and saving them (probably), etc, so I told her that she'd have to learn the rest of that stuff on her own. At that point she told me that she wanted to lose her virginity to me. :shock: Fortunately she lived in the FLA, so I didn't have to worry about her showing up on my doorstep with bugged out eyes and a swollen clit, but it unnerved me to the point where I told her that we couldn't talk again until she was 18.

She was a bit disappointed, because she thought she'd just scored the sexual version of OCBritannica and could ask me anything, but understood. I didn't hear from her a lot after that, which was fine with me. Less wanting her Old Man finding out that his 16 y/o was IMing sex questions to an almost 30 y/o dude, regardless of the context.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Yet another OCMIKE Humpday Challenge
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I use myspace more than most.

Just thought this needed quoting, so it stood out.

No comments on it right now, but I have a feeling it's going to come in quite handy at some point down the road...just a hunch.

SunCoastStarOfDateline might regret posting that.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

OCmike wrote: I treated her like a big brother and .....
huh?

don't you mean little sister?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:
huh?

No...OCmike actually used to sexually assault his older brother.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

I think the FBI has better things to do than deal with this asshat.

Anywho, after posting last night, I did a little research on the net (damn I hate that) and found that the county cuz lives in has a pretty damn fine sheriff's dept record of busting net peds. I made a call myself this morning, and with in 2 minutes, and 2 call xfer's I was actually talking with the dude that pretends to be a 14yr old boy or girl. I explained the situation, and told him, that I would have cuz call him with all the details. She called him, called me later, and chances are I will be posting a follow up to this some time in the near future.

Detective dude has been doing this for over 5 years, and told me straight up, with the info I gave him, he is certain dude is up to no good. He admitted he has quite a few just like this jerkoff that he has yet to catch and bust, but he has never had one pulling this kind of shit walk.

Oh yea, thanks for the credible replies.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

kcdave wrote:Detective dude has been doing this for over 5 years, and told me straight up, with the info I gave him, he is certain dude is up to no good.

I have less than 5 seconds professional experience busting pedos, and I could have told you that.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

poptart wrote:I think there might have been an episode where Ward shaved the Beaver.
I don't know, Pop. Ward was hard on the beaver a lot. If he shaved the beaver, the apron would have covered any evidence.

But Eddie was a creepy guy. He probably shaved the beaver a few times.

Gosh. I'll bet he gave the beaver the business a lot, too.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Dinsdale wrote:
smackaholic wrote:
huh?

No...OCmike actually used to sexually assault his older brother.
Less brother's over here. But that was a real knee-slapper, Dins. Keep on, keeping on...or don't.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

mvscal wrote:
ElTaco wrote:I love how you are all ready to call the FBI over a "friend of a friend of a friend who is 12 told me..."

There are stories of people setting up stings and when its set up, they call in the fbi, show them the proof and let them make the arrest if its enough. There are also online organizations that work regularly with cops who can do some looking into the claims and then alert the fbi/cops if there is something fishy. Guardian Angels is one such organization that comes to mind.
I love how you are all ready to call the "Guardian Angels" over a friend of a friend of a friend who is 12 told me...

You're a fucking idiot.
As per your usual style, you didn't add anything to the conversation.

Since the Guardian Angels are a volunteer organization and the FBI is a federal agency funded by my taxes, I guess it is probably better to waste their time then the FBI. The nice thing is, if it actually turns out to be true, they have connections they regularly work with. If its false, you didn't just waste 20k in tax money.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

kcdave wrote:I think the FBI has better things to do than deal with this asshat.
ElTaco wrote: Since the Guardian Angels are a volunteer organization and the FBI is a federal agency funded by my taxes, I guess it is probably better to waste their time then the FBI. The nice thing is, if it actually turns out to be true, they have connections they regularly work with. If its false, you didn't just waste 20k in tax money.
I love this mentality. Feel free to not take my advice. Not like I do this for a living or anything. :meds:

Contrary to what Hollywood would lead you to believe, not all Agents work counterterrorism. In fact, the majority do not. We have these things called squads in the FBI. We do have squads that do nothing but counterterrorism. We also have squads that do nothing but counterintelligence, white collar crime, violent crime, organized crime, drugs, and cyber crime. Guess what the cyber crime squad does? Investigates major hacking/intrusion investigations and handles the innocent images initiative ( http://www.fbi.gov/innocent.htm ). The cyber squads operate as task forces as well so there are local PD and Sheriff's deputies assigned to these FBI squads. Calling the Bureau kills two birds with one stone.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Yes, the FBI is funded with federal tax dollars. That's not a reason to avoid "bothering" them. Myself, I think busting internet creeps is a perfectly legitimate use of the FBI's time.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

PSUFAN wrote:Yes, the FBI is funded with federal tax dollars. That's not a reason to avoid "bothering" them. Myself, I think busting internet creeps is a perfectly legitimate use of the FBI's time.
Terrorism notwithstanding, I would argue that protecting our children is the most important thing that we do.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

PSUFAN wrote:Myself, I think busting internet creeps is a perfectly legitimate use of the FBI's time.
True, but it would thin out the posting crowd here by about 70%...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ElTaco wrote:Since the Guardian Angels are a volunteer organization

Biiiiig problem with that here. Same goes for To Catch a Predator.

There's no lower form of scum than a pedo(sin, Marcus), but does the end justify the means?

For myself, I'd just as soon law enforcement officers take care of that "law enforcement" dealio.

You know -- those people with training, knowledge of the law, access to judges and warrants, and...accountability.

There's a really fine line that gets crossed when private citizens set up stings. Not the least of which is having an adult pretending to be a child who is trolling the net for pedos. So, when they find these pedos and cgat them up, what crime has been committed?

Talking dirty with a 28 year old dude over the internet?

While the intent may be there, the accused merely needs to visit Kansas City, and master the "NO! I was trolling YOU" defense.

The accused never had the inappropriate contact with a minor he's been accused of...there is that.

Build a legitimate case against the pedos, every last one of them, and I'll gladly volunteer to lock the door and throw away the key, just like I'm sure the rest of you would. But I have a big problem with trashing our justice system to acieve the desired end.

Perverted Justice is a local outfit here. They did their deal on the local news before Dateline saw a chance to make a buck. Plenty of people knopw Xavier Von Erk(an alias), and many say he's every bit the evil bastard as the people he tries to bust. Rumor has it that one of the reasons the "nonprofit" Perverted Justice hooked up with NBC was to pay off all the out of court settlements they made for persecuting innocent people...in droves. I guess people running a freaking website should have familiarized themselves with spoofing and all of those little tricks, eh?

Let's leave the police work to the police. They may not be the brightest bulbs on the tree, but it is what they do.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Dinsdale wrote:While the intent may be there, the accused merely needs to visit Kansas City, and master the "NO! I was trolling YOU" defense.
Exellent. Rack.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

I think the FBI's main responsibility should be busting up troll train board invasions.

-webdog
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I don't have girls, but would this girls life just fall apart if she just got rid of myspace??

:meds:
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

I seem to have left my "Log Trev out of T1B" SQL script in my other pants, can someone take care of this please? TIA
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

After the cookies come out of the oven, I'll be on it.
The Whistle Is Screaming

Thanks PSU!

Hey, those wouldn't happen to be Cunt Cookies would they? Save me one, light glaze & neatly trimmed.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:I seem to have left my "Log Trev out of T1B" SQL script in my other pants, can someone take care of this please? TIA
Yer so cute.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Are cunts kosher? They bleed sometimes and all...
The Whistle Is Screaming

PSUFAN wrote:Are cunts kosher?

Most of the time, yes ...
PSUFAN wrote:They bleed sometimes and all...
... except when this is going on.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

How do you purify them? Can you just log them out?
The Whistle Is Screaming

May I suggest you read a book called "The Red Tent" and yes, the title leaves little to the imagination.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Naaa...I'll just ask about it on myspace as an opening line.

^that was a joke, Fu.