The most impressive pro day session he's ever seen..........

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

The most impressive pro day session he's ever seen..........

Post by Raydah James »

"His passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've ever been to," McShay said. "His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks and when he's rolling out and throwing on the run. We all knew coming in that his arm strength is extraordinary. The ball just explodes out of his hands. His 73rd, 74th and 75th throws, he was flicking the ball 60 yards with his wrist and putting it right on the numbers."

Click play to see the monster who will be terrorizing the mad fuck out of the rest of the league for many, many years

JaMarcus. Fucking. Russell.

Motherfucker's gonna look great in the Silver and Black.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Who was the dumbass receiver who was out catching passes on turf without a shirt on?
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Can you tell me how that footowrk will be behind Oakland's shit of an Offensive line? That being said- I think they make the right decision drafting him....
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

JaMarcus Russell= Byron Leftwitch II

If they're smart, they'll draft Calvin Johnson.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I agree that Russell is a freak. He will have one of the Top 3 strongest arms in the NFL next year. Take Todd McShay's analysis w/ a grain of salt though. I think there are lot better draft analysts out there. He puts more weight on combine/Pro day numbers over what they did on the field. Guys fly up and down his draft board depending on how they test.

I'm sure Russell balled at the Pro Day but McShay gets too excited about work out numbers.

I do think Russell is the right pick for the Raiders.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Maybe, Bri, but Russell was a big time winning QB in a major conference.
Leftwich beat up on a lot of nobodies while at Marshall.
JeMarcus has proven himself a lot more than Leftwich had at the same point in time.
Russell also has a more impressive set of physical skills and abilities than Leftwich.
Maybe the most impressive ever, some of those in the know are saying.

Johnson is also freakish.
Do you take the potential GREAT wr, or the potential GREAT qb ... ?
If all other things are equal, I think you nut-up and take a shot on the qb.

If the Raiders deal Moss then I think taking Johnson is still a possibility.
But damn, do you really take a WR #1 overall when this freak QB is sitting there, and your own roster lacks ANY qb that can be counted on .... ?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:JaMarcus Russell= Daunte Culpepper II
ftfy.....

Russell is like a clone of Culpepper...assuming the Dud's draft him and assuming the Raydud offensive line can give him some protection (yeah right), he might have a couple of good years until he gets hurt at which time he'll be relegated to the "damn he was great at one time" steaming pile of NFL "can't miss" players.....
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Maybe, Bri, but Russell was a big time winning QB in a major conference.
Leftwich beat up on a lot of nobodies while at Marshall.
JeMarcus has proven himself a lot more than Leftwich had at the same point in time.
Russell also has a more impressive set of physical skills and abilities than Leftwich.
Maybe the most impressive ever, some of those in the know are saying.
There's also some big time red flags that are already being raised in regards to Russell. For one, he showed up at his pro day 9 lbs lighter than he did at the combine. Why is that? Did he finally realize that he was pissing away a chance at millions by not taking his workouts seriously?

Also, his 40 time wasn't exactly lights out. He ran a 4.83 in his one try. At a pro day, on a faster track than the combine. To put this in perspective, Carson Palmer pushed out a 4.63 back in 03.

Furthermore, he didn't lift at either his pro day or the combine.

I will agree that he has great upside with his size and arm strength. But events of the last month show that he's obviously going to need to have a fire lit under his ass to motivate him. And the last way to motivate someone is by giving them a #1 pick contract with a shitload of guaranteed money.
Johnson is also freakish.
Do you take the potential GREAT wr, or the potential GREAT qb ... ?
If all other things are equal, I think you nut-up and take a shot on the qb.

If the Raiders deal Moss then I think taking Johnson is still a possibility.
But damn, do you really take a WR #1 overall when this freak QB is sitting there, and your own roster lacks ANY qb that can be counted on .... ?
Randy Moss showed that a freakish WR can make an over the hill Randall Cunningham look like Joe Freakin Montana. Besides, the Raiders still have a professional malcontent in Jerry Porter. You think Porter is going to like getting hung out to dry by a rookie QB one little bit? They need to deal Moss, and let Rogers and Walter fight it out. Unless of course they can get Jake Plummer out of retirement. God knows he'd be the perfect Raider QB. :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

BSmack wrote:JaMarcus Russell= Byron Leftwitch II

Ever get tired of being a complete dumbfuck?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Raydah James wrote:

The dumbfuck is the one who thinks that putting a guy who would lose a footrace to Carson Palmer behind Oakland's O-Line would result in anything other than a complete clusterfuck.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

If I was a Raiders fan I'd be rooting for them to trade down and aquire more draft picks.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

In the last 20 years a Quarterback has been taken #1 overall 11 times. Two of those has become the "sure thing", Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman. One is very promising yet still a little too early to tell, Carson Palmer. Michael Vick isn't great IMO, but he can win games. Vinny Testeverde has hasd a decent career but has hardly been a franchise QB, as has Drew Bledsoe. Two have been complete busts, Tim Couch and Jeff George. Two are still young but are not that promising, IMO, David Carr and Eli Manniing. And then there is Alex Smith.

The point being, drafting QBs at any time is riksy, GMS draft them because they don't want to be the guy who passed on the next Peyton Manning. Russel has the skills, they all do, but that doens't turn you into a star NFL QB.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

BSmack wrote: Also, his 40 time wasn't exactly lights out. He ran a 4.83 in his one try. At a pro day, on a faster track than the combine. To put this in perspective, Carson Palmer pushed out a 4.63 back in 03.
Palmer's a good athlete, but speed doesn't always equal agility and elusiveness. Just because you don't see him sprinting for first down markers in "freelance" mode 90% of the time, it doesn't mean he can't run fast in a straight line. As an owner or war-room consiglierie, I'd be concered about two things ... attitude and ability to chew through the playbook.

I'd gamble on the Russell kid.

Also, Charles Rogers and Mike Williams agree with your take on wideouts.

Whatever these players have been up to this point matters, but it's still no indication as to what will occur once the NFL pressure-cooker gets plugged in at training camp.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

the monster who will be terrorizing the mad fuck out of the rest of the league for many, many years

So Oakland is going to pass on him?

Who's going to be getting crushed under center for many years to come?
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

'Sup James?

Ok I've since changed nicks since our last goaround but my point has not changed.

While I'll admit to being intrigued with the physical aspects of Russell I'll say again does he have the mental aspects to succeed in todays NFL?

And save the racist smack losers...I'm not reading it.

Do I think that Andrew Walter is the answer at QB?

Not necessarily.

Do I think that Calvin Johnson is the best prospect in this years draft?

Without question.

I love Johnson...I think we fuck up in a big way if we pass on him....

Again I believe in drafting for talent.....not for need.....

But that being said...I liked the Gallery pick as well- so point taken.

What I want is an impact player offensively.

Whether it be Johnson, Russell, Peterson, or whomever.....

Just give me a difference maker....

Give me a playmaker....

Make the right call Kiff....or Al?????

Pac 10 ties right?????

He has to know Walter better than either of us do right????

Make the correct call Kiff...

Just push this franchise in the right direction.

After 2-14 I'll take what I can get........
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nixhex wrote:If I was a Raiders fan I'd be rooting for them to trade down and aquire more draft picks.
It's not a bad idea.
Oakland has a lot of holes to try to fill, particularly on offense.

SYNW also makes a valid point about the risk involved in taking a QB #1 overall.
You're gonna pay through the nose for him, and it's certainly not a lock that he'll play like you hope he will.

Mal also makes a valid point about the mental aspects of playing QB.
Russell has all the physical tools.
Does he have it above the neck ... ?

Maybe, I dunno.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:Does he have it above the neck ... ?
Walter clearly doesn't. He's been permanently traumatized. Not that it matters anyway. Whoever they take is going to be coached by a pizza faced convenience store clerk.
I thought Norv Turner was in San Diego?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

BSmack wrote:
Raydah James wrote:

The dumbfuck is the one who thinks that putting a guy who would lose a footrace to Carson Palmer behind Oakland's O-Line would result in anything other than a complete clusterfuck.
WTF? You really think scrambling ability is exclusively related to how fast you can run in a straight line? How often does a qb have to run a "straight line" in a game when the o-line breaks down? Straight-line speed does not guarantee the ability to elude defenders. Do you even watch football? And I don't give a fuck what the 40 yard times were, if you think Carson Palmer is a better scrambling QB than Russell you're an idiot. Then again, you already submitted that fact by suggesting somebody should take a freaking wide receiver with their #1 overall pick.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:How often does a qb have to run a "straight line" in a game when the o-line breaks down? Straight-line speed does not guarantee the ability to elude defenders.
if he's drafted by the dud's, I'll guaranfuckingteeyou you're gonna find out just how good a scrambler he is.....
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
BSmack wrote:The dumbfuck is the one who thinks that putting a guy who would lose a footrace to Carson Palmer behind Oakland's O-Line would result in anything other than a complete clusterfuck.
WTF? You really think scrambling ability is exclusively related to how fast you can run in a straight line? How often does a qb have to run a "straight line" in a game when the o-line breaks down? Straight-line speed does not guarantee the ability to elude defenders. Do you even watch football? And I don't give a fuck what the 40 yard times were, if you think Carson Palmer is a better scrambling QB than Russell you're an idiot.
You've got a lot of questions for someone throwing the idiot card around. Let's start from the top.

#1. Palmer's time was before his knee injury. Maybe you saw that hit on Palmer by Von Olhoffen? Obviously Palmer's scrambling ability has diminished some. You can expect the same from Russell after his first knee injury. Which, if he plays for the Raiders will happen in week 3 with that sieve of an offensive line.

#2. Russell showed up to his pro day 9 lbs lighter than he did at the combine just two week earlier. If he's been taking his off season training seriously, there is no way he loses 9 lbs of fat in 2 weeks. What Russell did was screw around before the combine, build up some water weight, and then went on a crash diet in between the combine and pro day. As far as I am concerned, if you can't trust him to properly take care of his body, you can't trust him to learn the playbook.
Then again, you already submitted that fact by suggesting somebody should take a freaking wide receiver with their #1 overall pick.
Why not? Should they take Robert Gallery II instead? Is Big Daddy Wilkinson out there? The idiot is the one who thinks that any positions other than kicker and punter should be off limits for a #1 pick. If the guy fits the team, has the ability to learn what he needs to do and can be a playmaker, why shouldn't they draft him? You tell me, who would have been the better #1 pick in 1992, Steve Emtman or Jimmy Smith? How about Ki-Jana Carter or Joey Galloway in 95?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Then again, you already submitted that fact by suggesting somebody should take a freaking wide receiver with their #1 overall pick.
Looking back at the last 20 or so #1 overall picks... I'd say it's 50/50 chance he'll be a total bust no matter what position they draft at.

Scratch that, this is the Raiders, make that 70/30....

The last two WRs selected #1 overall have been Johnson and Fryar. Not really HOF material, but they are not exactly Aundray (<---yes, I had to look up the spelling) Bruce or Tim Couch either...
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Mal wrote:'Sup James?

Ok I've since changed nicks since our last goaround but my point has not changed.

While I'll admit to being intrigued with the physical aspects of Russell I'll say again does he have the mental aspects to succeed in todays NFL?

'Sup Bro.

It has been proven time and again: Nobody really knows how a player will react once they hit the big show and have to shoulder all of the pressure that comes along with it.

For every sure thing like Peyton Manning there are a hundred guys like Peter Warrick, Ki-Jana Carter (hell, ANY Penn State RB not named Larry Johnson), Heath Shuler, Mike Williams, ect.

Personally, I love our chances with Russell. When you get 100% backing from the man responsible for Tom Brady's development and is still responsible for keeping his mechanics in line every offseason, its serious B0de.

JaMarcus will be our first pick. Bank On it.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Raydah James wrote:For every sure thing like Peyton Manning there are a hundred guys like Peter Warrick, Ki-Jana Carter (hell, ANY Penn State RB not named Larry Johnson)...
You're forgetting someone.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

And of course, BAnkler shows up on cue with some stupid shit that hasnt been relevant for 20+ years

Excellent job, you fucking useless tard.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Raydah James wrote:And of course, BAnkler shows up on cue with some stupid shit that hasnt been relevant for 20+ years
Would you have been happier if I had referenced Lydell Mitchell?

Besides, the Raiders getting punked is ALWAYS relevant.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
Mal also makes a valid point about the mental aspects of playing QB.
Russell has all the physical tools.
Does he have it above the neck ... ?

Maybe, I dunno.
They said the same thing about Vince Young last year, and that seems to be working out OK
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

BSmack wrote:
Besides, the Raiders getting punked is ALWAYS relevant.

20-13 asstapping last season at the hands of our badass 'D' says what?

I guess if my teams owner was forced to swallow the shit rule he spearheaded by hiring a dipshit who is going to change the very foundation of what helped my team be a contender-and my dumbfuck QB was successfully lobotamizing himself by going 'Jackass: The Movie' and running head first into old ladies windshields in between downing piss cocktails and getting photosnapped drinking with underage whores, I'd be concentrating on other teams' shortcomings too.

Enjoy your upcoming 4-12 season with Ben Schiavo under center, cunt.

:lol: :lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Raydah James wrote:
BSmack wrote:Besides, the Raiders getting punked is ALWAYS relevant.
20-13 asstapping last season at the hands of our badass 'D' says what?
It says that post Super Bowl hangovers are a bitch. What do you want to bet the Steelers hangover doesn't last as long as the Raiders? :lol:
I guess if my teams owner was forced to swallow the shit rule he spearheaded by hiring a dipshit who is going to change the very foundation of what helped my team be a contender-and my dumbfuck QB was successfully lobotamizing himself by going 'Jackass: The Movie' and running head first into old ladies windshields in between downing piss cocktails and getting photosnapped drinking with underage whores, I'd be concentrating on other teams' shortcomings too.
Who the hell ever said that Mike Tomlin was going to "change the very foundation" of the Pittsburgh Steelers? It figures that you would be too busy managing your collection of styling gels to remember that the "Tampa 2" defense that Tomlin coached in Minnesota is a linear descendant of the defense Bud Carson taught Tony Dungy during his days in Pittsburgh. You're also probably to busy jerking it to your life size Darth Raider poster to realize that Tomlin has retained Dick LeBeau as defensive coordinator and has not committed to running any specific defensive scheme.

As for Ben, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. You can be sure that Mike Tomlin won't give Ben nearly as much rope as Cowher did. If his brain is still scrambled, or if he isn't putting in the work he needs to, you'll see Batch in there quickly. And don't think Ben doesn't know that. Word in Pittsburgh is that he's already been putting in a lot more off season work than he had the previous two seasons. You know, little things like reading the playbook, watching film, sending notes to the OC about the playbook and hitting the gym by mid January.

But yea, I suppose it would be better of the Steelers had JaMarcus Russell instead. You know the last time the Steelers picked #1 was before you were fucking born? That's because the Steelers have not SUCKED.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

LOL @ you drawing a time line all the way back to when Jesus was QB to support your shit argument.

This just in: The 'Tampa 2' is not the '3-4' defense, Tard. And yes, that defense has been your foundation on that side of the ball for more than a fucking decade .

Thanks for the Friday laugh, bitch. :lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Raydah James wrote:LOL @ you drawing a time line all the way back to when Jesus was QB to support your shit argument.
This coming from someone who's team's last Super Bowl win was captured on betamax tape?

Tears Jerry. Tears.
This just in: The 'Tampa 2' is not the '3-4' defense, Tard. And yes, that defense has been your foundation on that side of the ball for more than a fucking decade .
Be it a 3-4 or a 4-3, the Steelers have had great defenses since the early 70s. It has more to do with drafting quality players and hiring quality coaches. Like a certain owner of a certain team in Oakland used to say, "Just win baby."

Or, in the case of the Raiders, just draft in the top 5 until Al dies.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

Dude has hands...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhnsXkknGUU

Dude has speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baeAsiaOdyM

Dude has heart...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRqyjzyBRg

Hard worker, good team guy, loves the game...

6'5'' 239 with a 4.35 40 time. Understand that I am the first guy to bash Al and his love of 40 times but CJ is a physical freak of nature.

A nice highlight clip:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0BPsx77TkqA

Johnson is a special talent IMO.

However, I happen to believe that Russell will be our pick for better or worse.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'd be good with Oakland drafting C. Johnson.
He's the surest thing at the top of the draft board.

Then again, the last time Oakland drafted the 'surest thing' it was R. Gallery.
Hmmmmm ........

If Oakland opts for Johnson that means Moss is gone .... right ... ?
Well, I'm good with that too.

Ok, if Johnson is our guy, who is our QB ??
Are we trading Moss and a draft pick (or two) to get back up high in the first rd so that we can select B. Quinn .... ?
Or are we, somehow, going to bring a vet in here to hold it down for a year 'til NEXT year, when there is a better free agent QB crop ... ?
Or do we look to draft QB in next year's draft ... ?
Or does our staff believe that A. Walter is gonna swim and not sink .... ?

Lots of ???s.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Take away the scouts, the indoor facility and the cameras and individual workouts are nothing more than you and a few of your buddies pitching the ball around in your backyard. Throwing the ball in shorts and a t-shirt to wide open receivers and facing no pressure...how does that even say anything about a player? It might show his ability to put touch on passes or throw it deep but what really is the point of these workouts?

With that being said, I would still want Russell if he fell to #2.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:Take away the scouts, the indoor facility and the cameras and individual workouts are nothing more than you and a few of your buddies pitching the ball around in your backyard. Throwing the ball in shorts and a t-shirt to wide open receivers and facing no pressure...how does that even say anything about a player? It might show his ability to put touch on passes or throw it deep but what really is the point of these workouts?

With that being said, I would still want Russell if he fell to #2.
With Martz as your OC? You need linemen, not Qbs.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Detroit needs a lot of things, unfortunately. A lineman would definitely be a solid choice, but a QB is definitely one of their top needs. And, it's not unheard of to draft a QB before you acquire a solid line and just let him run for his life for a couple of years.