Chiefs re-sign Huard

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Chiefs re-sign Huard

Post by War Wagon »

Not yes, but HELL YES!

They can now tell Green to pack his shit or retire or whatever. With Green as the starter, this teams prospects of making the playoffs were slim and none. With Huard, who knows?

The article says terms of the deal weren't released yet, but the local radio honks are reporting it's 3 years for 7 mil. Don't know about the signing bonus, but I'm sure there is one.

No fucking way Croyle is ready or ever will be as far as I'm concerned.

Damn, I almost wish Paul was around so that I could hand him a tissue. Nah, not really.

------------------------
Chiefs re-sign QB Huard to three-year contract

February 27, 2007
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI (TICKER) -- Backup quarterback Damon Huard proved to be more than a capable replacement when Trent Green was sidelined with a concussion last season. The Kansas City Chiefs were willing to pay for insurance at the position.

Three days before he was eligible to become an unrestricted free agent, Huard signed a three-year contract with the Chiefs.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

ADVERTISEMENT

A backup for most of his career, Huard started eight games last year after Green suffered a severe concussion in a season-opening loss to Cincinnati and led the Chiefs to a 5-3 record.

Huard, 33, ranked second in the NFL with a 98.0 passer rating, completing nearly 61 percent of his passes (148-of-244) for 1,878 yards and 11 touchdowns with one interception. But after he completed just 15-of-38 passes for 201 yards in a 13-10 loss at Miami on November 12, Chiefs coach Herman Edwards switched back to Green.

Kansas City made the playoffs with a 9-7 record, but lost in the wild-card round to eventual Super Bowl champion Indianapolis.

"Damon had an excellent year in 2006 and contributed directly to getting our team to the playoffs," Chiefs president Carl Peterson said. "Damon is an excellent veteran player and an outstanding person. We're delighted to have him under contract."

Huard made just six starts - all with Miami - in his first nine NFL seasons. He served as a third-string quarterback on the New England Patriots championship teams in 2001 and 2003 before signing with Kansas City.

Huard and Jeff Garcia were considered to be the best quarterbacks available in the free agent market.
Mile-Hi T
Elwood

Post by Mile-Hi T »

Might as well plan your SB trip now, heh. :meds:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I don't see how this can be a bad thing.
Huard played well enough last year.

But quite honestly, KC's current QB situation isn't anything to get too giddy over.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: But quite honestly, KC's current QB situation isn't anything to get too giddy over.
Not giddy, but it beats hell out of the situation that was expected... that of Huard signing elsewhere and leaving KC with a gimp and a wimp at QB.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I hear ya, and you're right.

I actually wouldn't have minded a scenario where Oakland nabbed him and still drafted either Russell or Quinn.
Let Huard hold it down for a year-or-so 'til the new kid is ready.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

poptart wrote:I hear ya, and you're right.

I actually wouldn't have minded a scenario where Oakland nabbed him and still drafted either Russell or Quinn.
Exactly.

This offseason however is destined to turn into a feeding frenzy for mediocre players for the most part.

Lots of teams with lots of cap room that needs to be filled.

Maybe it's a good year to be up against the cap.

It could get ugly out there.

Dielman is a decent lineman but there is no way he should be making the kind of $$$ that folks are predicting.....
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

poptart wrote:I hear ya, and you're right.

No worries Tart. Joey Harrington is expected to be released this week. You guys will get your man. Or you might get worse, cause I don't see Bledsoe sticking around in Dallas
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Wags, wtf are you getting all excited about now for? Sorry, but I dont share your excitement. The Chiefs should have shown Huard some love back in November and let him continue to play. To little, to late for me. Huard, Green, Croyle, Manning, Brady, Montana, Bradshaw, Namath, Dawson ...... I dont give a shit who the QB is next year. Its not like possible for any of them to lead this team to more than 8, 9 wins.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

dave, dave, dave.... you're such a pessimist. The glass is always half-empty with you. C'mon now, even you'll have to admit that Huard gives this team a better chance to win than Green. Yes, they should have left him in as the starter last year, and I'm still pissed that they didn't, but that's water under the bridge now. Better late than never, I always say.