let the pile-on begin.....

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

let the pile-on begin.....

Post by Felix »

I just ordered a new set of theseImage from our illustrious golf-fitter (Qbert)

after checking around, he was able to get me the best deal.....(racks to you Q)

save your "wtf did you do that for, I'd of sold you my set of 35 year old Wilson 1200's for half the price" posts, I'm not listening.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: let the pile-on begin.....

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:Wilson 1200's
I had a set of 1200 Oversize. I think they were from this century, though.

Pretty heavy. I hit those iron a country freaking mile. Don't know if they were strong angles or what, but I got pretty insane distances out of them.

Those Mizunos look sweet. Never played with any, but in general, everything I hear of Mizuno irons is good.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

thanx for your business Greenie!

Wilson 1200 GE's...well. they were PING CLONES forever.

don't think that they had "Tricked lofts" or anything.

methinx that Dins was HAPPY to be hitting something OTHER than the Snow Shovels that he ownzzz....

Ti-100's....uuuuugh

RACK greenie for the TRUST!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Qbert wrote: RACK greenie for the TRUST!
and rack you for delivering...got em today and man are they purty...so beauteous I almost hate to hit them...almost.....

plan on taking them out for a test drive tomorrow.....

of course, it's only supposed to be 74 and mostly sunny but I'll try and muddle through somehow.......

thanks Q....I owe ya-again......

uh, anybody interested in buying a used set of McGregor forged Tourney Irons?

3-SW

get out, get out while there's still time
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

just get it overwith and shoot the Temperature already!

GLAD that the FEDEX guy "Hid" them on your doorstep!

ENJOY your MP-60's Greenie!

again..THANX for the Business.

Q
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Qbert wrote: methinx that Dins was HAPPY to be hitting something OTHER than the Snow Shovels that he ownzzz....

Ti-100's....uuuuugh

One of these days, one of these days.

Actually, the Ti100's aren't that bad. Hard to not hit the ball well with them. They go straight more often that not, even after a bad hit. And when I make good contact...they still feel like I just hit a ping pong ball with a wet noodle...there is that.

But if you'll remember, my last clubs got ripped off on Christmas Eve, and I had little money to replace them at the time. One of my friends felt bad and came over and handed me that set to play with(I think they were his father's old set, or something). So for that, I have something of a sentimental attachment to them, since the gesture probably meant more to me than having a solid-feeling set of irons.

I sure the hell don't hit my 4I 240 yards anymore, though. Nowhere near that, matter of fact.

Then again...it ain't the arrow, it's the Indian, son(dude who gave me the clubs line).

And while I'm thinking of it, Q -- Billy Badass' custom set is KZG stuff, for the most part. I'm guessing you've heard of them. Dude can pretty much afford any clubs he wants to throw down his scratch rounds with, and he swears by those. I think he paid a BOATLOAD for them, but I never actually asked for an exact number.

And while there's no prestige in it...I'd have no problem playing a round with a set of 1200 Oversize irons tomorrow. Not a fancy brand or even a "good" name, but those were actually darn decent clubs. Never thought the GE's were anything special, but I dug the Oversize. Whole buncha people out on the munis swinging GE's, though.

And really -- cool clubs are cool. But at the end of the day, I don't care if I'm outfitted with a set of women's MacGregors from 1963, just let me out on the course to chase that ball around...I'll find a way to make them work.

Did I mention that I'm now almost as sentimentally attached to my Milwaukee Tools putter as I was to my Anser(just about the exact same club, truth be told)? I call it the Sawzall. I had completely forgotten about the incident that claimed the life of my previous putter, and showed up at a course that only took cash, without a putter. I had $15 in my pocket, the price of the Milwaukee Tools putter(didn't know they made such a thing...I think it was slightly used). First green, had a really long, breaking putt(bear in mind, there was no practice green at this course, so I'd never so much as hit a ball with the new putter). Sank it. It's been my "baby" ever since, which has produced some laughter amongst the golfing buds...who have come around and are now jealous of my uber-cool Sawzall.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one