How big is your dwelling?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

You know, the place your reside. Your house, home, habitat, abode, place, apartment, room, pad, etc.

Our place is 1600 square feet with an attached 2 car garage, 2 full baths. I find that this is plenty big enough for us, our 2 kids and 60 pound dog. The boys have their own (small) rooms, but we don't have a guest room. If company comes, the boys have to give up their rooms and sleep in the living room. They don't seem to mind. The dog normally sleeps on the couch these days. I was thinking about getting a sun room and putting in a bar/pool table/game room. That is really the only thing we are lacking in this space. We our about done with the kitchen remodel, pics coming soon. (It's beautiful.)
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

1700 2 Story
2 car attached
2 1/2 bath with Laundry Room

Lot size 65X100

just off MLK Blvd......
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t' corridor!

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
We were evicted from our 'ole in the ground; we 'ad to go and live in a lake.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Cardboard box?

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

ALL:
They won't!
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

e wrote:big enough to allow me the confidence to not start a what do you drive/what do you make/how big is your house/i have serious self-image issues thread.

big enough for you?
Corrugated or Sheet Cardboard?

BTW- Torn Garbage Bags make good roofing material and it doesn't hurt being right behind a 7-11.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

the "foot print" of my place--- 3 BR/2 Bath
BAS is the base (under air-AC) it's a split design with the master suite
in the NE area and guest rooms etc. in the other
FGR is garage
FOP is my lanai area (under truss) chairs, tables, BBQ
PSE is the pool screen over the pool

Lee County's photo from their web site

I'm guessing two here have the really big digs--
Jsc810 and Mikey
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

This is what I'm staying in until my boy wraps up a deal with the Royal Household to buy the Buckingham Palace.

-Zyclone
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Lookin' to add on another 7 sq. ft. tomorrow. The bum on 7th and Maple has a sitting room I've got my eye on.
sin,
AP

30' x 40'
Lemonade out of lemons, bitches.
sin,
RF

I was just joking about the pic above. That's not really mine. Actually, I don't have a pic of mine, but here's my neighbor in her crib. The bitch won't shut up.

Kill me now, God.
sin,
Jsc
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: How big is your dwelling?

Post by smackaholic »

trev wrote:You know, the place your reside. Your house, home, habitat, abode, place, apartment, room, pad, etc.

Our place is 1600 square feet with an attached 2 car garage, 2 full baths. I find that this is plenty big enough for us, our 2 kids and 60 pound dog. The boys have their own (small) rooms, but we don't have a guest room. If company comes, the boys have to give up their rooms and sleep in the living room. They don't seem to mind. The dog normally sleeps on the couch these days. I was thinking about getting a sun room and putting in a bar/pool table/game room. That is really the only thing we are lacking in this space. We our about done with the kitchen remodel, pics coming soon. (It's beautiful.)
no Man Cave?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Toddowen wrote: I just got a free coal stove
Have a heart and donate that to e.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

1800 sq ft cape. Depends on how much of the upstairs you consider usable space.If I was TiVO I'd call it 2000+ seeing as I could use the front crawl space as a walk in closet.

And I got an acre bitches. You folks out in the OC prolly haven't heard that term before. You guys measure lots in sq ft or centimeters or something.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I hear ya' Smack-- all too many of the new developments
down here are so crowded, I can almost stand between the houses
and touch both at the same time !!
I live in a low density older area--homes built in 1987.
No acre--but my land alone is worth $100 K !!
location-location !!

satellite shot--I'm on a corner, almost a cul de sac situation
"circular" driveway--the black thing on the south roof
is the solar heater thingy for the pool.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

you live in ft meyers and you HEAT your fuggin' pool? Why? You make tea with that shit or swim in it?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Jsc810 wrote:My home was built shortly after 1900 by my great-great-grandfather; my daughters are the 6th generation in my family to live there. The wood was cut from our family's main home and property about 40 miles north of here. It is an easy drive today, but in 1900 a trip to Baton Rouge was difficult, so if you made the trip then you'd want to stay for a bit.

It is a wonderful old house, in the Garden District, close enough to LSU that you can hear the stadium yell after a touchdown. It is a bit over 5,000 square feet, generally with 5 of everything, 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 5 kitchens, 5 living rooms, plus a few others. I just live downstairs, 2 friends live upstairs, and we also have storage up there, trying to turn it into a guest bedroom. It is on the Register and in some books, and every so often I'll get a visit from some architech or history buff and they go nuts. Downstairs has 12 - 14 foot ceilings, french sliding doors, some antique furniture, as I've said many times before, I'm an exceptionally lucky guy.

A wonderful old house, but it needs a lot of work, and I simply don't have the cash to do it. I've gotten estimates around $30K just to paint the outside of it. I'm the wrong kind of lawyer to have big cash, but I probably sleep better at night than they do.
So how many colored folks did your great great grandaddy whip to death as they put that place up for him. Nice shack, btw.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

^^^^
Is this guy for real? That's hilarious.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

3100 sqft, all brick, 4 bedrooms + loft/game room, 3 full baths, attached 2 car garage, built in 2004 on a 1/4 acre lot.
OTST
Elwood

Post by OTST »

Jsc810 wrote:I hired the black male. He recognized the name of the plantation from his family history, turns out that his ancestors were owned by my ancestors. He had heard they were treated relatively well, and he knew about the Rev. teaching them to read the Bible. He remains a friend of mine to this day.
Some of my BEST friends are blacks also. Why hire one when you can own one?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Jsc810 wrote:Yes, I'm for real. I'll tell you another story about that era.
Interesting story, but this was funny:

" it is not appropriate to judge that with today's morality."

Likewise, I knew someone who served in the Portuguese Air Force in Angola as a bomber pilot and had occasion to stay with him for a week. He was obsessed with pointing out (without prompting) that no one harboured ill feelings towards him and spent a massive amount of time actively seeking out Angolans specifically, as friends. Went on to fly for TAP and saw UFOs - strange guy, I felt badly for him.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Cen Cal home 3,150 two story new

So Cal home 2,000 one story 15 years old.

We split time between the two.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

1,654 square feet, two stories, 2 1/2 bath, one car garage.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Image

This is what I'm staying in until my boy wraps up a deal with the Royal Household to buy the Buckingham Palace.

-Zyclone
Rack for the first chuckle of the day.

Mine:

1800 sq. ft. (approx.), two stories, two-car detached garage (unfortunately, old doors that don't open overhead, so it'd be a chore to actually get the cars in there.) Four bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths. House built in 1915.

Lot is approximately 1/5 acre, most of which is taken up by the driveway and an outdoor deck.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

2700 sq ft on a single level. 3 br, 2 ba. Attached 3 car garage that's so full of crap that we can't put a single car inside. A little over an acre. Yeah smackaholic, some of us LoCals do know what an acre is. It's the minimum lot size in our parts because there are no sewers and you have to have enough space for the septic system.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:1800 sq. ft. (approx.), two stories, two-car detached garage (unfortunately, old doors that don't open overhead, so it'd be a chore to actually get the cars in there.)
You know, you can get an overhead door installed for well under $1,000.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Just moved the family to a 4 bed, 2.5 bath 2100 sq ft house.. attached garage.. only enough space for a small car. Still lots of boxes and other crap in there I'll go through in the spring.

Has 3/4 acre of land and 10 minute walk to a playground/baseball field/basketball courts.

Still only an hour outside Philly.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

jiminphilly wrote:Still only an hour outside Philly.
I'd say you're anywhere from 5-12 miles from downtown. :-)
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Y2K wrote:just off MLK Blvd......
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!

3150 here. 4 BR/3 Bath/Kitchen/Dining/3 Living Areas (now considered 3 play areas for the rugrat) 1/2 acre lot.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

bbq sauce bought all that?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Still only an hour outside Philly.
I'd say you're anywhere from 5-12 miles from downtown. :-)
Good point.. make it 2 hours during rushhour.. ;-D
PL
Same for me. Be nice.

Post by PL »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: Mine:

1800 sq. ft. (approx.), two stories, two-car detached garage (unfortunately, old doors that don't open overhead, so it'd be a chore to actually get the cars in there.) Four bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths. House built in 1915.

Lot is approximately 1/5 acre, most of which is taken up by the driveway and an outdoor deck.
woah!
almost identical.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

2525 sq ft, 4 bedroom (master has an attached suite that would have been a 5th room), 3 bath, 2 car attached garage, and a backyard the width of Pamela Andersons landing strip.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:bbq sauce bought all that?
The hope is someday it will buy a lot more. For now, just an IT guy w/SAP skillz.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Toddowen wrote:A lot of that yard is shaded by a massive oak that must be as old as the house. I'm guessing that it's around 80 feet tall and the trunk diameter is prolly six feet.
Oh great, now you've done it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:bbq sauce bought all that?
Really? If I'd known that, I would have been saving up.

Sin,
Piggy
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

535 square foot apartment. Strange that I moved from a 580 square foot apartment and it seems like I have more storage space and just overall space than my previous place.

For the record, my fiancee and I plan to move into a 1500+ square foot house later this year. Rack us.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Ive got 1500 square feet of living space on a nice 160 acre lot.Oh sure,the house was built by a farmer in the late fifties,but those three electrical outlets were well thought out when they went in.

I'll take my wee place and solitude over a 3000 square footer in a rich neighborhood any day,
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Toddowen wrote:
PL wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote: Mine:

woah!
almost identical.
Same here. I need to replace my garage doors too.

I've got more yard, though. 2/3rd of an acre. A lot of that yard is shaded by a massive oak that must be as old as the house. I'm guessing that it's around 80 feet tall and the trunk diameter is prolly six feet. Also gots a black walnut that borders my neighbors property that's pretty good size.

Another nice thing is there's nothing across the street except a brook and the entire stretch won't ever be zoned for development.
I'll bet no one could hear your neck snap over the sound of the brook.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Brook? We call those ditches.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

IndyFrisco wrote:Brook? We call those ditches.
We call them "salmon bearing tributaries" in the northwest
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

2240 ranch style home. 4/2 attached garage on a double cul de sac. 3 year old crib. I like it, but we'll have to get something bigger when we start to have children.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oh, he's able to squeeze in just fine.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Trampis wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Brook? We call those ditches.
We call them "salmon bearing tributaries" in the northwest

How would you know...you live in the Midwest.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one