Saints v. Eagles

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

TenTallBen
No title requested

Saints v. Eagles

Post by TenTallBen »

We might as well get it started now as I know we have some Philly fans up in here.

Geaux Saints.

I'll be back in a bit to give you my thoughts...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm pulling for the Saints as well. It's not like the other three teams in the NFC are unlikeable...I can honestly say feel nothing for any of them. Any team out of that group can make it to Miami and I wouldn't feel too much of anything but the Saints moving on would be pretty cool. I have a feeling Seattle-Chicago may be an eyesore of a game but Saints-Eagles could be a lot of fun. Out of the elements and in a hyped up dome...gonna be a lot of offense in that one. Over-under has to be set at 60 or more.

My initial gut feeling tells me: Saints 38, Eagles 24
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

This game is going to be on a Saturday night. If you thought a night game at Tiger Stadium was loud this game might blow the roof off the dome!

Hollis Thomas will be back. That will definitely help. I think you Eagles fans might remember him.

Reggie Bush had yet to hit any kind of stride in the first game agains the Eagles. I doubt a repeat of that performance.

They will definitely be rested so that won't be a factor.....unless they are TOO rested.

The Saints have won all of their primetime games so far this year. There's no reason why they can't pull this one off as well.

Donte Stallworth will be back in his old stadium so he'll no doubt go back to his old ways of dropping key passes and stuff. ;-)

This is pretty much uncharted waters for us Saints fans so we're going to enjoy it while it lasts.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

TenTallBen wrote:If you thought a night game at Tiger Stadium was loud this game might blow the roof off the dome!
Exactly what I was thinking, especially if N.O. takes the lead with an early TD. That place is going to be like a zoo.

Philly is playing as well as any team right now. Should be a great game.

Then again, next weekend's games -- the divisional games -- historically have been the best round of the NFL playoffs. Every year, we're virtually assured of at least one totally EPIC game, if not more in that round. This could be one of those games.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

TenTallBen wrote:This is pretty much uncharted waters for us Saints fans so we're going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Take it from a long-suffering Detroit TigerFan (if you call 20 or so years long-suffering)...you definitely have to enjoy a "from out of nowhere" run in the postseason after being a doormat for so long. These are the years where being a loyal fan is worthwhile. I wish your guys well because they're easy to root for. Aside from the whole hurricane thing, just to see a down franchise rise up one year and become a powerhouse literally overnight is fun to watch. The Saints against any AFC team would make for a great Super Bowl.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

This is going to be one hell of a game... but I think it will fall in Philly's favor. They are riding a wave of momentum, while NO is coming off two weeks rest (I'm counting the fact that their starters sat pretty much the whole game last week). A team that runs with as much rythym as they do will be affected alot by that much rest. They will be getting a few starters back (Thomas, Horn, etc..)- but they have both missed more than a few weeks- so will def be rusty.

Since the last time we came into NO, the team is more balanced, and will pound the ball (against a team that is tied for second to the last in the NFL giving up 26 TDs on the ground). Garcia is doing a great job of running the offense, and used this week to shake his little bit of rust off from sitting last week. Westbrook is continuing to show how got screwed out of a pro bowl selection. Stollworth is coming back to NO and will make at least 1 big play. The D will continue to step up and make the plays when neccesary..

Early forecast (pending Shepards status)

Philly- 34
NO- 27

Look out for this guy!
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

My early feelings?

Eagles offense better be ready to score some points. I see the Saints spreading the Eagles out to get Trotter off the field. I figure the Saints will go 3 and 4 wide and run either Bush or McCallister out of the backfield. With Lito out, the Saints will have at least one side of the field to pick on. Sheldon Brown isn't always effective with 1 on 1 coverage. Key matchup will be the Eagles linebackers vs Reggie Bush. I'm not holding my breath.

Offensively I think the Eagles can and will move the ball. In fact, I think they too will go with a spread formation because the Saints secondary is thin and it'll be the only way to keep Fajita off Westbrook in pass coverage. Eagles must and I mean MUST run the ball effectively. They can not afford to get into a shooting match with this team with Lito out. Control the clock, keep the Saints off the field and wear down the Saints front 4 and they Eagles have a real shot at this.

I don't have a prediction yet.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

jiminphilly wrote:My early feelings?

Eagles offense better be ready to score some points. I see the Saints spreading the Eagles out to get Trotter off the field. I figure the Saints will go 3 and 4 wide and run either Bush or McCallister out of the backfield. With Lito out, the Saints will have at least one side of the field to pick on. Sheldon Brown isn't always effective with 1 on 1 coverage. Key matchup will be the Eagles linebackers vs Reggie Bush. I'm not holding my breath.

Offensively I think the Eagles can and will move the ball. In fact, I think they too will go with a spread formation because the Saints secondary is thin and it'll be the only way to keep Fajita off Westbrook in pass coverage. Eagles must and I mean MUST run the ball effectively. They can not afford to get into a shooting match with this team with Lito out. Control the clock, keep the Saints off the field and wear down the Saints front 4 and they Eagles have a real shot at this.

I don't have a prediction yet.
I agree with this exactly jim. I think the deciding factor in this game will be Reggie versus your LB's. I'm going with Reggie on this one.

Saints 27
Eagles 21
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

WOOHOO!!! Gettin' fired up over here!

I'm gonna go ahead and call my shot.

Saints 31
Eagles 17
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

TenTallBen wrote:WOOHOO!!! Gettin' fired up over here!

I'm gonna go ahead and call my shot.

Saints 31
Eagles 17

Eagles pull a shocker

31-28
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

The Saints choking a home playoff game would be anything but a shocker. More like, things are finally getting back to normal in the Crescent City.

Eagles 34
Saints 16
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Jsc810 wrote:At home from the hospital, go Saints!
Glad to hear it, Chip!
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Who recorded this crap??

MP3 below...

http://www.wdsu.com/download/2007/0111/10726191.mp3
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Jsc810 wrote:At home from the hospital, go Saints!
A Saints victory would help you heal faster huh? Hope you get your wish
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

One word

OUCH!
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

rozy wrote:One word

OUCH!
Nice introduction to the playoffs.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Glad to see him shake it off!
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Brees should have a baseball bat taken to his head for laying Bush out like that.

He saw the guy coming up, and still threw the ball.

Maybe he doesn't like Bush.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
420 wrote:Brees should have a baseball bat taken to his head for laying Bush out like that.

He saw the guy coming up, and still threw the ball.

Maybe he doesn't like Bush.
You're a fucking idiot- he didn't have time to see the corner coming up.

Feel free to fuck off and refrain from posting any further in this (or ANY) thread.

Look you fatpig... that's never played the game!

If you don't think Brees saw the guy coming up, you're as dumb as you're fat.

Stick your head back into the bucket of chicken, you fat fuckin' slob!
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Paul, Brees floated it. He may not have seen the guy, but he should have. He HAS to know they will be shadowing Bush wherever he goes.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Am I the only one that saw the blonde bimbo wearing the cut-off t-shirt that read "Fuck da Eagles," ??
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

westbrook is aa bad mutha fucka
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Adelpiero wrote:westbrook is aa bad mutha fucka
but he's undersized and will get beat up in the long run. we should keep staley around.

sin,

haters in 04

p.s. to think of all the damage he could have done in the past if reid actually gave a fucking shit about a committment to the rushing game. fuck all this pansy ass passing shit.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

DEUCE!!!!!
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

This is a damn good football game!
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sin,
Saints fan

Horrible pitch, did Bush have Crisco on his fingers?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Not the best time for that
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

wow....what a bad time for a penalty
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Why punt now?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Going to backfire now
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

40 long years for the Saints, first trip to the NFC Championship game. Congrats!
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

kcdave wrote:Am I the only one that saw the blonde bimbo wearing the cut-off t-shirt that read "Fuck da Eagles," ??
THis didn't take long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sZ2uQIYCpY
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

WOW!!!

Good game.

No group of fans deserve that more than Saint fans. Oh the many years of heartbreak I have watched them endure. Rack you Saint fan.
Shit, my lil sis lives in Metairie and they called to tell me its like Mardi Gras over there. Fireworks, people dancing in the streets. Unbelievable. Not like they need a reason to get smashed or anything but a reason does give some clarity to the rowdiness.

Now New Orleans has something to feel good about...it will help mask the shitpile that is still Orleans Parish because the gubmint still hasn't gotten their shit together and rebuilt the area.

Can the Cowboys have Sean Payton back?
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Cross Traffic wrote:40 long years for the Saints, first trip to the NFC Championship game. Congrats!
Rack.

What's so hard about beating the Saints in the SUperdome, Philly fan? My 5-11 team punked them there. Way to represent the NFC East Image
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mississippi Neck wrote:Now New Orleans has something to feel good about...it will help mask the shitpile that is still Orleans Parish because the gubmint still hasn't gotten their shit together and rebuilt the area.
What about the people that live there. Are they planning on rebuilding?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:
kcdave wrote:Am I the only one that saw the blonde bimbo wearing the cut-off t-shirt that read "Fuck da Eagles," ??
THis didn't take long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sZ2uQIYCpY

That's priceless...I saw that too. I went over to a buddy's house to watch the game and he borrowed the projector we had at work and watched the games on essentially a 100" screen. I could read the shirt clear as day...the camera goofed when he thought he'd show us some random chick in the crowd.

I'm sure that clip and the hit on Reggie Bush will become popular movies on the internet. That hit Bush took was unreal.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Did any of the Saints fans leave the building before this morning?
Last edited by Mississippi Neck on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

DamnTheCowboys wrote:
Cross Traffic wrote:40 long years for the Saints, first trip to the NFC Championship game. Congrats!
Rack.

What's so hard about beating the Saints in the SUperdome, Philly fan? My 5-11 team punked them there. Way to represent the NFC East Image
Like what? Your sorry ass 5-11 team represented the NFC East better? Idiot
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

That was one hell of a game. Deuce and Reggie were incredible to watch (Deuce moving across the goal line in that HUGE pile of Saints and Eagles, Bush seemingly blocked and then zipping to the other side of the field...), and even though I went into the game not rooting for either team in particular, I found myself pulling for NO by the end of the 3rd quarter.

The other game didn't suck either. I was definitely pulling more for Indy, since the few Ravens fans I know have been obnoxious pricks prior to and and after their team beating Buffalo. IMNSHO, the Ravens went into the game cocky (home field, great defense, but probably buying 100% into their own PR and mentally fitting themselves for their SB rings...), so I loved watching them limit Manning but STILL frigging losing. McNair's fumble on the last play was just the funny punctuation mark at the end.

Looking forward to the NE/SD game (rooting against the Pats b/c their local fans are raging assholes). The NFC game? I could not care less who wins...
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

BSmack wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote:Now New Orleans has something to feel good about...it will help mask the shitpile that is still Orleans Parish because the gubmint still hasn't gotten their shit together and rebuilt the area.
What about the people that live there. Are they planning on rebuilding?
Yes. . they are rebuilding the best they can. However, the govt will have to help with removal of mountains of debris and the rebuilding of the basic infrastructure. And as for the poor who used to live in the east side of New Orleans. Well, they could never help themselves to begin with and the dirty little secret is that New Orleans is just fine with leaving them in Houston.

Now, to my earlier point about the govt not doing enough. Its not like I think the Orleans Parish leaders will do anything until they devise a plan to put the maximum dollars they can into their own pockets. Thats the "details" they keep saying they're working out.

Anyway, this is a football thread. Nice job Saints. If Seattle wins, I'll be in the Dome next weekend to drink the warm beer. (Tix courtesy of the Times Picayune)