Goodenow: Players should find new jobs

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

Goodenow: Players should find new jobs

Post by Shoalzie »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1967807

Big words for sure. If anyone is holding out hope for there to be a season, don't waste your time. I hope they just announce the season is dead so we can move on. Hopefully they can atleast start negotiating again and try to get ready for next season. The players did offer to give back a quarter of their salaries but I don't know how much more they'd be willing to give back. The salary cap is still the sticking point.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

A shame that both sides are so god damn stubborn that they won't even meet to finalize this. It sucks for the fans, but it shows that both sides don't really care about the fans one way or the other.

Bettman dropped the ball on the rollback. He could have provisionally accepted the rollback by asking that a player maxiumum salary cap be instituted to the player who had the highest salary after the rollback (believe it was Jagr and it would have put him around $8 million or so).
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

I'm really starting to get angry over this. These 2 idiots with oversized egos are destroying our game. I sincerely hope some players will have enough courage to speak up and get out from that NHLPA cult.
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

^^^What he said.
Defense wins championships.
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

The players should be finding Goodenow a new job
Spex
Crack Whore

Post by Spex »

I agree. The NHL board of governors and the NHLPA executive committee should sack up and get rid of these 2 idiots.
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Smoked Meat wrote:I'm really starting to get angry over this. These 2 idiots with oversized egos are destroying our game. I sincerely hope some players will have enough courage to speak up and get out from that NHLPA cult.
Who are the two guys?? Goodenow and Saskin? Goodenow and Linden?

I know that one is Goodenow just not sure which of his minions is the other guy with the big ego you speak of.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

moon wrote:
Smoked Meat wrote:I'm really starting to get angry over this. These 2 idiots with oversized egos are destroying our game. I sincerely hope some players will have enough courage to speak up and get out from that NHLPA cult.
Who are the two guys?? Goodenow and Saskin? Goodenow and Linden?

I know that one is Goodenow just not sure which of his minions is the other guy with the big ego you speak of.
Bettman. He should go back where he came from. Namely, the NBA.
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

AS long as Goodenow and the players continue their idiotic and greedy stance/comments I will support Bettman in anything he does.
Spex
Crack Whore

Post by Spex »

moon wrote:AS long as Goodenow and the players continue their idiotic and greedy stance/comments I will support Bettman in anything he does.
Same here, when push comes to shove I've got the owner's back.

But when the NHL was on, Bettman didn't do a single thing to improve the game. The marketing of the game was a joke, he put teams in cities that had no business being in the NHL other than the fact that they were willing to pay the expansion fees, etc...

When a deal is reached, he better be handed his walking papers
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

^^^^^sums ît all
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Spex wrote:
moon wrote:AS long as Goodenow and the players continue their idiotic and greedy stance/comments I will support Bettman in anything he does.
Same here, when push comes to shove I've got the owner's back.

But when the NHL was on, Bettman didn't do a single thing to improve the game. The marketing of the game was a joke, he put teams in cities that had no business being in the NHL other than the fact that they were willing to pay the expansion fees, etc...

When a deal is reached, he better be handed his walking papers
I agree with that completely but until the league comes back I will support him.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

I'd like to see them scrap the whole gaddamned thing. The NHL, the NHLPA. Everything.

Scrap it and start over with the powerbase coming out of Canada with a Canadian Commisioner.
Defense wins championships.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

first official NHL T1B wytch 8)
PL
Same for me. Be nice.

Post by PL »

the "novelty" of this thing has wore off in November. I held out some hope it would be resolved by Jan 1. not so.

millionaires arguing with Billionaires is enough to make me sick. Flat out disgusted.

I had increasingly become a huge fan in Buffalo, actually watching and enjoying hockey.

right now, I could care less. That sort of bugs me too, because I loved the game, but even when it comes back, I will have a hard time watching the players that, IMO, took the game away from me. for that, I say fuck 'em. They will have earn me back, and it wont be easy.

I back the owners 99%. sure, they are there worst enemy, but they need the cap because they cant control themselves. the players know that and fuck them for praying on the "weakness".

Ive become so far removed from the game, like many others...I dont see the American embracing this game. with exceptions of detroit, boston and maybe philly. other than that, do you really believe Nashville, Florida, Carolina give two shits if they play next year.

the NHL is to sports as TOT is to message boards. sure its still alive, it just hasnt realized its termilally ill.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Smoked Meat wrote:Image

Nice job!
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

agreed,but the insanity has to stop.
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Goodenow and his predecessor Alan Eagleson have one thing in common, they rob the players blind.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Both Goodenow AND Bettman should be looking for new jobs today. :x :x

From Day one, the NHL and the NHLPA should have had a meeting and not come out until it was resolved not how long it took. Right now it's a pissing contest between the two and they are too stupid to realize the longer this strike/lockout goes the more nails are hammered into the league's coffin.
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

Smoked Meat wrote:Image
brilliant!!!!
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Linden says the lockout will continue...

Link

Can they just call off the season already? Stringing us along is only making this more painful.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

RACK!!!!

Watched a killer 3rd period between Maine and BU after work today. Now watching the NLL (Lacrosse) on FSN North, probably am going to check out the new look Anaheim Storm (after going 1-15 last season, they got rid of 15 of their players) tomorrow.