Raiders to get the first pick in the draft!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Raiders to get the first pick in the draft!

Post by The Assassin »

If Al fucks this one up.....

Its gotta be Brady Quinn. However I'm not opposed to trading down getting picks and grabbing Troy Smith in the second round.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Lion fans have just got to be ballistic - way to win the meaningless game and miss out on Quinn.

Of course, like you know, Al will probably grab another 4.2 40 CB
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Re: Raiders to get the first pick in the draft!

Post by Raydah James »

The Assassin wrote:If Al fucks this one up.....

Its gotta be Brady Quinn. However I'm not opposed to trading down getting picks and grabbing Troy Smith in the second round.
Nope.

Cliff Branch was answering questions at the Raider/Chief game we were at, and said that we shouldnt be surprised if Al deals a 2nd, 4th, and 5th round pick for Micheal Vick in the offseason. He also said the O-line problems would be addressed through free agency.

If that first scenario happens, Adrian Peterson will be a Raider. You heard it here first.

Al will NEVER take a QB in the first round. Period.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote:
Raydah James wrote:He also said the O-line problems would be addressed through free agency.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with that, shit skids.

4-12...if you get some lucky breaks.
I wasnt aware that there werent any free agent lineman out there to be had this offseason.

Fucking moron.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Raydah James wrote:
The Assassin wrote:If Al fucks this one up.....

Nope.

Cliff Branch was answering questions at the Raider/Chief game we were at, and said that we shouldnt be surprised if Al deals a 2nd, 4th, and 5th round pick for Micheal Vick in the offseason. He also said the O-line problems would be addressed through free agency.

If that first scenario happens, Adrian Peterson will be a Raider. You heard it here first.

Michael Vick???ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!! So if that happens you can bet the farm that Moss AND Porter will stick around another year. Which i'm none to pleased to think about.

Al will NEVER take a QB in the first round. Period.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

2007 OL FA's.

Who would you choose?
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote:
Raydah James wrote:
mvscal wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with that, shit skids.

4-12...if you get some lucky breaks.
I wasnt aware that there werent any free agent lineman out there to be had this offseason.

Fucking moron.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, signing free agent lineman really worked out well for the Vikings this year. Steve Hutchinson really solidified their line and propelled them straight into the playoffs....oh wait, that didn't happen. Nevermind.

Nice to see the Raider myopians in preseason form so early. Enjoy another season of tears and suckage.
We'll be fine.

You however, seem intent on proving your sheer idiocy with each fucking post. Only a certifiable idiot would think that Hutchinson was anything but a great signing. Thier QB's ineptness and best WR being an utter lush had nothing to do with thier shit record. None at all.

:faggyrolleyesemoticon:

Tell you what, asspro-stick to worrying about how your overachieving squad is going to stop the annual Marty Playoff melt, and step the fuck out of this thread until you can offer something other than a smoking scrollwheel from your weak fucking posts.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Raydah James wrote:
We'll be fine.
No you won't.

You make Al Davis look like a genius.

You'd take AD... a guy who has been injured every year he's played football... including high school.

When you have the best running back in College Football in your own backyard, and has basically played on two broken ankles all year long, yet never came out.

You truly are a fuckin' moron.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

420 wrote:
Raydah James wrote:
We'll be fine.
No you won't.

You make Al Davis look like a genius.

You'd take AD... a guy who has been injured every year he's played football... including high school.

When you have the best running back in College Football in your own backyard, and has basically played on two broken ankles all year long, yet never came out.

You truly are a fuckin' moron.

If you'd pull that Cal cock out of that babybatter bullseye you call a face, you'd realize that I, like your fairy prancing ass, have no fucking say in who our owner takes.

Im simply throwing down what I was told as a possible scenario.

As far as Marshawn, i'll say this: His field vision, feet and body movement, and ability to follow his blockers is absolutely incredible-as is his yards after contact (Which is currently perfect with our O-line situation).......but AP has a higher fucking gear than even reggie bush did, and can cut on a dime.

His injuries do concern me.

One thing is certain: Alcula would sooner drop all his legal suits against the NFL than draft a QB in the first round.
Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

With the first pick in the draft the Oakland Raiders select kicker........
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

On paper, Mike Vick is the PERFECT Raider QB.

In real life, I'm LOLing all over the place at the thought of Randy Moss and Ron Mexico on the same team. I'm sure those egos would NEVER clash.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Raiders should get Charlie Casserly to help them.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I don't think Oakland will draft QB with the top pick.
Generally takes a couple/few years for a QB to really hit his stride as an NFLer.
Al may not have a couple/few years to spare.

I also don't see them trading down.
They don't historically do that.

Peterson looks like the guy, IMO, but a lot can change over the course of a few months.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

KC Scott wrote:Lion fans have just got to be ballistic - way to win the meaningless game and miss out on Quinn.

I think the Lions need a QB of the future but I've never been too impressed with Quinn. I wouldn't put him in the same category as other #1 picks at the same position like Manning and Palmer. I think they can go after a QB after the first round. The Lions can either trade down from #2 or take Joe Thomas. I've got a bad feeling that Millen will be around next year so all hope is pretty much null and void.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Raydah James wrote: ...Al will NEVER take a QB in the first round. Period.
Nailz, James, simply nailz...

Sin,

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Truman wrote:
Raydah James wrote: ...Al will NEVER take a QB in the first round. Period.
Nailz, James, simply nailz...

Sin,

That is exactly why he wont take a QB in the first round.

Try to keep up, dumbfuck-we're talking about the upcoming draft.

Fucking tard.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Lions would FUCK UP in the draft if they had the 1st FIVE picks.
[Taglibue] ...and with the first five picks in the 2007 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select:

Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech University,
Ted Ginn Jr., THE Ohio State University,
Dwayne Jarrett, The University of Southern California,
Jeff Samardzija, The University of Notre Dame, and
Andre Caldwell, The University of Florida.

The Oaklandangeles Raiders are on the clock. [/Tagliabue]

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Raydah James wrote:Image
:mrgreen:
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

RJ mused:

"He also said the O-line problems would be addressed through free agency."

..yeah, I can just envision all those quality free agents lining up to sign with a 2-14 POS offense that totaled 168 points. Dream on raiduhfan.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

I agree with Shoalzie, I don't think this is a year to get too excited about the first pick.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
FATALFART
Jake

Post by FATALFART »

old al will draft the guy with the fastest 40 yard dash
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I also agree with Shoalz.

I'd like to see Oakland trade down and set themselves up for a shot at drafting Lynch later in the first rd.
I don't believe they will draft Quinn, I'm not extremely high on Peterson as the top pick in the draft.
Injury history and other factors.
He's a big back, and is a 'man among boys' in the college game.
He takes a lot of hits, but he sheds a lot of tackles.
He'll take even more hits in the pros, and I fear he'll have a short career.
I can see him being real good for a few years and then fading.
Lynch on the other hand may be a real good one for many years in the pros.

But what the hell do I know ..... ?

I'm just another dork typing opinions on a message board.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I wouldn't be surprised if Alice takes Calvin Johnson.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Cicero wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Alice takes Calvin Johnson.

I'm not against that pick. I'd even welcome Joe Thomas from Wisconsin. But I feel the Raiders let a good opportunity go by last draft and this year (god willing) Grandpa Al won't let Quinn or even JaMarcus Russell go by.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:I agree with Shoalzie, I don't think this is a year to get too excited about the first pick.

If the Lions ended up with that pick, I would've said trade the damn thing and get some more stuff in return. No one player is going to turn the Lions around...they need several at this point. The Raiders at least have a nice defense and maybe a QB can turn them around quicker.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Shoalzie wrote:
See You Next Wednesday wrote:I agree with Shoalzie, I don't think this is a year to get too excited about the first pick.

If the Lions ended up with that pick, I would've said trade the damn thing and get some more stuff in return. No one player is going to turn the Lions around...they need several at this point. The Raiders at least have a nice defense and maybe a QB can turn them around quicker.

Do you agree that with the Lions winning yesterday that Millen saves his job for another year? Its like he has pics of the Fords with goats or something.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

If Oakland doesn't have a real coach it doesn't matter who they draft.

Art Shell was worse than Joe Bugel, Mike White, Norv Turner, or year 2 Bill Callahan.

He fuckin' SUCKS and has to go, IMO.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Art Shell inherited a very bad O-line and they became ATROCIOUS.

He took a back (L. Jordan) who had 70 receptions under Norv Turner, and managed to have him catch just 10 balls.

He took a guy (R. Moss) who was on a fast track to Canton and got almost ZERO out of him.
Likewise with J. Porter, a guy who was a good NFL receiver. Under Art Shell he became a ZERO.

Art took Aaron Brooks, a knucklehead, yes, but a guy who had always put up good numbers, and got jack shit out of him.

Art watched his offense score 12 fucking TDs all season.
Hell, doesn't Indy score 12 TDs in 2 or 3 games .... ?

14 weeks of post-game press conferences with Art mumbling, ......

The guys are trying .......
We're gonna keep after it .....
You've just gotta make plays ......
I'm disappointed ......
We just didn't get it done ......
We'll get it right ......

Fuck that.

Get somebody in here that can MAKE something happen.

And Al, if nobody worth a shit WANTS to come coach your team then it's time for you to step away ..... or sell your toy.

This fucking BLOWS, man.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

poptart wrote:Art Shell inherited a very bad O-line and they became ATROCIOUS.

He took a back (L. Jordan) who had 70 receptions under Norv Turner, and managed to have him catch just 10 balls.

He took a guy (R. Moss) who was on a fast track to Canton and got almost ZERO out of him.
Likewise with J. Porter, a guy who was a good NFL receiver. Under Art Shell he became a ZERO.

Art took Aaron Brooks, a knucklehead, yes, but a guy who had always put up good numbers, and got jack shit out of him.

Art watched his offense score 12 fucking TDs all season.
Hell, doesn't Indy score 12 TDs in 2 or 3 games .... ?

14 weeks of post-game press conferences with Art mumbling, ......

The guys are trying .......
We're gonna keep after it .....
You've just gotta make plays ......
I'm disappointed ......
We just didn't get it done ......
We'll get it right ......

Fuck that.

Get somebody in here that can MAKE something happen.

And Al, if nobody worth a shit WANTS to come coach your team then it's time for you to step away ..... or sell your toy.

This fucking BLOWS, man.
Im gonna hate myself for saying this,,but maybe Norv shoulda gotten one more year. The players seemed to like him and expressed dissapointment when learned that he had been fired.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

The Assassin wrote:Im gonna hate myself for saying this,,but maybe Norv shoulda gotten one more year. The players seemed to like him and expressed dissapointment when learned that he had been fired.
Until Davis hires a good football man as GM and gives him real power, no decent head coach is going to want to touch the Oakland job.

Oh, and Norv Turner may be a great OC. But he's a lousy head coach.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Assassin wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:

Do you agree that with the Lions winning yesterday that Millen saves his job for another year? Its like he has pics of the Fords with goats or something.

If he was retained for going 3-13, a 2-14 season probably wouldn't have made a difference. I don't know how much more he can do to get himself fired. Guys get fired barely missing the playoffs or finishing a game or two under .500. The Fords never come out of their hole to talk about Millen so no one really knows what the rationale is behind him keeping his job.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I understand what you're saying about Norv, Assassin, but I can't go along with the idea that he should have been given a 3rd year.
He's a classic case of a guy being a real good O-coordinator but not a good head coach.
He sucked as Oakland's head coach, IMO.
The thing is, the current guy (Art) sucks even more.
I guess we could have looked at 5-11 or maybe 6-10 this year with Norv.
Point is we still would be going nowhere.

Oakland needs to get a fresh new guy with some energy, and then Al needs to get out of the way.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I guess what i'm really looking for is some consistancy. Al never allows a coach to build anything he expects to win now without excuses. I'm not saying Norv was taking us to the promise land but with his offensive system in place and with the defense we had this year,I'll just say we would have won alot more than 2 friggin games. Norv is too nice a guy to be a head coach. He wants to be your buddy. That doesnt fly in the NFL or any pro league. He'd make an excellent college coach IMO. The guy the Raiders need they'll never get as long as Grandpa Al is in charge. and i'll keep saying it til i'm blue in the face but Jimmy Johnson would be the perfect choice for GM if Al ever decided to bite the bullet and admit he needs help.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I totally agree with your consistency point.
It's a hallmark of successful teams/organizations.

In recent times Oakland went off the tracks when they saw Gruden go away.
Under his regime the team was revitalized and the Raiders again became one of the best teams around.
It looked as if the potential was there for it to continue upward for many years -- consistency and stability.
We've beaten to death the topic of who was at 'fault' for him leaving, but the bottom line is that it was the beginning of a downward trend.

Since then the coaching hires have not gotten it done and stability and consistency is long gone.
Also to bottom line it, Al is at fault.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

I don't expect any team that picked up Aaron Brooks in the off season to make any good decisions come draft day.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

How 'bout a team that picked up D. Burgess .... ?
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

poptart wrote:How 'bout a team that picked up D. Burgess .... ?

Or a team that drafted Nnamdi asomugha?
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland has drafted some good defensive talent in recent years.

They desperately need to nail a couple of offensive picks this year ...... D E S P E R A T E L Y.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

poptart wrote:I also agree with Shoalz.

I'd like to see Oakland trade down and set themselves up for a shot at drafting Lynch later in the first rd.
I don't believe they will draft Quinn, I'm not extremely high on Peterson as the top pick in the draft.
Injury history and other factors.
He's a big back, and is a 'man among boys' in the college game.
He takes a lot of hits, but he sheds a lot of tackles.
He'll take even more hits in the pros, and I fear he'll have a short career.
I can see him being real good for a few years and then fading.
Lynch on the other hand may be a real good one for many years in the pros.

But what the hell do I know ..... ?

I'm just another dork typing opinions on a message board.
Great points.

Peterson could be the hype candidate of the year.

Wasn't exactly impressed with his performance vs. a bunch of undersized white boys either.

Bottom line....... Boise St. has tons of heart and is a great story but Oklahoma had a huge physical advantage pretty much everywhere and with the exception of one play Peterson looked very ordinary to me.

Against that opponent.....on a national stage...It just seems to me that Peterson needs to step up and show that he is the #1 pick and he did anything but.

I've only seen Quinn play twice and am looking forward to seeing him tonight but I have to ask...Is he a great college QB or a potential franchise NFL QB?

Brooks showed that he is shit yet again and Walter showed that he has a long road ahead of him. The argument that neither QB had any help is a valid one but I still list QB as a very serious need going into next season.

For that reason alone Quinn is worth a look.

I like Lynch as well but not at #1 and the Raiders historically don't trade down.....

Having this price tag attached during a year with no clear cut #1 may change things though.

My guess...

When it is all said and done Calvin Johnson will be a Raider.

Like it or not.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

jossjeff wrote:When it is all said and done Calvin Johnson will be a Raider.
Unless he has a real bad combine, then yes.

But, you should wait to see who is gonna be the HC or OC next season, because maybe, Davis will shake it up, and do something unexpected.