Led Zeppelin Trifecta

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Three better ones. Stairway is the most overrated song in history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBhZa-MzbLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ZDOqStufI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poly3XF3Pt4 <<< Rack Page with the cig hangin' out
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poly3XF3Pt4 <<< Rack Page with the cig hangin' out
Rack Plant for making me realize I CAN rip him off.

OK, I knew that already.

:wink:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Yes, Stairway is overrated. But that live performance by Page is brilliant. Nothing like the recorded version built into your septum from its overplayed radio heyday (sp?) What am I talking about... Meds, you weren't even born before that '75 show. You got your favorite shirt from Haircut 100, and all of your LZ knowledge from spazzing out to 'Wayne's World'.

That said, rack the Whole Lotta Love find.

BTW it figures Meds would rack an oral fixation. Keep your chin up for that golf team.

:lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

There's no such thing as a bad Zep tune. You have to be in the mood for a melody to fully appreciate this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WBXxAAx4ug
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com

Click on "concert vault" then "performers".
Find Led Zeppelin. It's not video, but priceless soundboard tapes from their first US tour in '69, when they were still second bill and wearing argyle sweaters and shit.
You have to register, but it's free.
The 18 minute version of As Long As I Have You. Awesome.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

socal wrote:Meds, you weren't even born before that '75 show. You got your favorite shirt from Haircut 100,
Damn Jimmah! Are you gonna take THAT from a Bruin also? Love + One. Next year Jimmah, next year Carl will be exposed for the West Hollywood freak he is. Get that counter sig line ready. fUCLAme won't win another game against SC ever again as long as Pete stays at SC. I will even make a sig bet on that one.

BTW, rack you guys for the Zepp finds!
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:www.wolfgangsvault.com

Click on "concert vault" then "performers".
Find Led Zeppelin. It's not video, but priceless soundboard tapes from their first US tour in '69, when they were still second bill and wearing argyle sweaters and shit.
You have to register, but it's free.
The 18 minute version of As Long As I Have You. Awesome.
Great stuff. The only downside to Wolfgang's Vault is the snobbishness of the folks who write their concert reviews.
After an initial blitz on America in the early months of 1969, where Led Zeppelin primarily opened for other acts, they return in April for their second assault. In Led Zeppelin history, no run of shows is more legendary that these four nights in San Francisco.
That's funny, I can name ten shows off the top of my head that were seen by more people, and have circulated amongst more tapers than 4/29/69.

You know, shows like Bonzo's Birthday Party, The Earl's Court Shows, the Copenhagen Warm Ups, the Destroyer (both Cleveland and Seattle) Shows, The BBC Sessions (which were the pinnacle of bootleg Zep long before the band got around to releasing them) The Blueberry Hill Show, The Bath Festival Show (the gig that "broke" Zeppelin for good in England), The Royal Albert Hall show, Knebworth...

But yea, the "most legendary" moment of this band's history was when they played for 1000 or so stinking Summer of Love holdouts in San Francisco. :meds:

Seriously, does M2 write for this site?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

War Wagon wrote:There's no such thing as a bad Zep tune.

RACK that...I have all of their studio albums in my CD collection and I can't say I really ever need to hit the skip on the player. There aren't many bands that have that type of a catalog where they didn't do an unlistenable song. WAR the Unearthed DVD
Fat Bones
In propria persona

Post by Fat Bones »

WAR squeaky bass pedals.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Toddowen wrote: Instead, I thought I'd ask "Which is your least favorite Led Zeppelin song.

Thing is, I couldn't arrive on a single song to submit there, either.
Well put question. There are some you may not like as much as others, but again, it depends on your mood at the moment which ones those are. I guess if forced to answer that question, there might be one that if it came on the radio again for the umpteenth millioneth time, I might be tempted to change the channel. That song is "All of my Love"... never dug that song very much.
Deckard
Crack Whore

Post by Deckard »

Hot Dog didn't really work for me...and CODA was my least favorite album but I still can listen to any of their songs from beginning to end and get some enjoyment out of them. I kind of feel sorry for early Rod Stewart fans...
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Led Zep sucks ASS!!!

Of course, I was the only one here to be at their last concert in the USA.(Day on the Green)

After that shit concert, where 80,000 people booed them off stage... they never played in America ever again!

I lived across the street from the guy that made that happen(he said they would never play a concert in the USA ever again), and I'll always have respect for him for that... and he bought my taco's at Tortilla Flats in "The City".

Led Zep, is the most overrated band in history, and it's not close.

Feel free to ask me why,they were never able to play in the USA after that day.

I drank beers with the guy that made it happen.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

88 wrote:I drank beers with a guy who never heard of Led Zeppelin. He thought I was making a joke or something.

I told him they wrote Stairway to Heaven, which is often ranked as the greatest rock song of all time, and he said: "Not impressed." And blew cigarette smoke in my face.

He asked whether they opened for Kenny Chesney, and I said "Who is Kenny Chesney?" He spit beer in my face and said if I wasn't 6'2", he'd punch me in the chops for that one.
Pretty much.
Deckard
Crack Whore

Post by Deckard »

...your"friend" sold Bonham 2 40's of vodka?...after infecting Plants kid with a deadly stomach virus previously? That's...likely.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

420 wrote:Led Zep sucks ASS!!!

Of course, I was the only one here to be at their last concert in the USA.(Day on the Green)

After that shit concert, where 80,000 people booed them off stage... they never played in America ever again!

I lived across the street from the guy that made that happen(he said they would never play a concert in the USA ever again), and I'll always have respect for him for that... and he bought my taco's at Tortilla Flats in "The City". Led Zep, is the most overrated band in history, and it's not close. Feel free to ask me why,they were never able to play in the USA after that day. I drank beers with the guy that made it happen.
Unless your taco customer's name was Bill Graham and he personally poured the 30 or so shots of vodka needed to kill John Bohnam down his throat, your story is full of shit. The reason Zeppelin canceled the remainder of the 77 dates was due to the death of Plant's son Karac. And I seriously doubt Zep was "booed off the stage" in 1977. That "Day on the Green" show has been written about extensively and I have never heard of a single negative review of it until you broke off that monumentally idiotic (even by your standards) "take".

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

BSmack wrote:

I lived across the street from the guy that made that happen(he said they would never play a concert in the USA ever again), and I'll always have respect for him for that... and he bought my taco's at Tortilla Flats in "The City". Led Zep, is the most overrated band in history, and it's not close. Feel free to ask me why,they were never able to play in the USA after that day. I drank beers with the guy that made it happen.
Unless your taco customer's name was Bill Graham and he personally poured the 30 or so shots of vodka needed to kill John Bohnam down his throat, your story is full of shit. The reason Zeppelin canceled the remainder of the 77 dates was due to the death of Plant's son Karac. And I seriously doubt Zep was "booed off the stage" in 1977. That "Day on the Green" show has been written about extensively and I have never heard of a single negative review of it until you broke off that monumentally idiotic (even by your standards) "take".
You're so fucking stupid... it's unreal.

Your brain is just a tad to small

That would be the equivalent of me telling you about snowfall in shitsville.

Once again... you show darwin working... with the U & Out.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

420 wrote:
BSmack wrote:

You're so fucking stupid... it's unreal. Your brain is just a tad to small That would be the equivalent of me telling you about snowfall in shitsville. Once again... you show darwin working... with the U & Out.
Translation: You have nothing to bring to the table. Last I remember, you were hovering around the 40 year old mark. Which would have made you 11 when Zep played that concert. Care to explain how an 11 year old kid scored tickets to a Zeppelin show? Was your mother some kind of hippy slut that just didn't give a shit about where you were or what you were doing?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Seriously, Bsmack... I never knew how much of a smuck you were.

You cemented it.

Derringer came on stage before Lep, and kicked ass so much that it's legendary... they booed Lep off the stage.

I was there, you fuckin' dipshit... living in upstate NY.

But, you know more than me?

Your an idiot. I really can't add much more.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

420 wrote:Derringer came on stage before Lep, and kicked ass so much that it's legendary... they booed Lep off the stage.

I was there, you fuckin' dipshit... living in upstate NY. But, you know more than me?
So, if you were really there, tell me how an 11 year old kid was able to score the tickets and make the trip to Oakland. Was your mother too busy sucking off the road crew for Judas Priest to notice where you had gone?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

BSmack wrote:
420 wrote:Derringer came on stage before Lep, and kicked ass so much that it's legendary... they booed Lep off the stage.

I was there, you fuckin' dipshit... living in upstate NY. But, you know more than me?
So, if you were really there, tell me how an 11 year old kid was able to score the tickets and make the trip to Oakland. Was your mother too busy sucking off the road crew for Judas Priest to notice where you had gone?
You're an idiot.

I lived a mile away...San Francisco, and my parents were a tad more intelligent than yours.

Your folks let you grow up on a frozen tundra, and they didn't really give a shit about you.

Psst... there were 5 bands playing that day.

Can you name them?

I'll give you 2 google minutes.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

420 wrote:
BSmack wrote:So, if you were really there, tell me how an 11 year old kid was able to score the tickets and make the trip to Oakland. Was your mother too busy sucking off the road crew for Judas Priest to notice where you had gone?
You're an idiot. I lived a mile away...San Francisco, and my parents were a tad more intelligent than yours. Your folks let you grow up in a frozen tundra, or they didn't really give a shit about you.

Psst... there were 5 bands playing that day. Can you name them? I'll give you 2 google minutes.
I'm not the one who claims I was going to Zeppelin shows at the age of 11. That would be you. Besides, whatever I can Google, you can too. So feel free to dispense with the bullshit and tell the group how you managed to pull this one off.

Or you can keep on spinning and continue being my personal Christmas pinata.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

I've given you enough info on the day.

I'll give you this...

... by yourself, you make mvscal look like "Einstein".

That's quite the accomplishment.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

420 wrote:I've given you enough info on the day.

I'll give you this...

... by yourself, you make mvscal look like "Einstein".

That's quite the accomplishment.
I may not always agree with mvscal. But unlike you, at least I know what the fuck he's talking about.

Back to the topic at hand, you've given me no info whatsoever. Show me one solitary negative review of the show. Show me a scan of your ticket stub. Give me one solitary reason to believe that ANYTHING you have to say on this subject is even remotely true.

I will say that stages have evolved a whole lot since 1977.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

420 wrote: ... by yourself, you make mvscal look like "Einstein".
by yourself mtool, you make dungslinger look like a decent human being.

Thanks for taking a dump in what was otherwise an epcot Led Zep thread. If I were a mod in this forum, I'd delete every post you've ever authored. If I were an admin, I'd delete this latest re-incarnation of the worst shit troll to ever pound submit.

Give the board, and the world, a Christmas gift an off your noxious self.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

This thread is fantastic - did mothage hi-jack everyones passwords? You could substitute the name 'Rush' for 'Led Zeppelin' and the exact same arguements apply. Utter and complete shit.

Just to preserve some dignity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04-EbpmtXdw
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dr_Phibes wrote:You could substitute the name 'Rush' for 'Led Zeppelin' and the exact same arguements apply.
No.

Rush doesn't compare to Zep.

Run along now.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Merry Fucking Kwanzaa bitches.

http://download.yousendit.com/7FC538E03DCEEB54

Led Zeppelin at the Royal Albert Hall. This is the audio rip from the Zeppelin DVD. Not sure why the band hasn't released this as an audio CD, but here it is for you.

If you can listen to this and say it sucks, then you are a lying, piece of shit, chain mail wearing renfag with a secret desire to get buggered by the entire Frankie Goes To Hollywood's road crew.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Toddowen wrote:
There must be something I can fault Zeppelin over.....
only thing I can come up with is bonzo's unfortunate habit of falling asleep on his back after drinking too heavily. This unfortunate event brought an end to the greatest heavy metal act of all time. If john lives through that drunk, I'd like to think that the dark ages of big hair metal never occur.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

BSmack wrote:If you can listen to this and say it sucks, then you are a lying, piece of shit, chain mail wearing renfag with a secret desire to get buggered by the entire Frankie Goes To Hollywood's road crew.
Worst kept secret ever.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

hey 420?
you said, and I quote, "zeppelin sucks" "they are the most overrated band in history", end quote.
just curious, have you been this stupid your entire life? if so, why dont you just end it all,
people as un-educated as yourself, need to be mercy killed. if you want, I'll gladly smash your teeth down your faggott cum filled throat, and beat you to a pussy faggotty pulp with my bear claw hands.
there is no sense talking to a retarded fool like you, its morons such as yourself, who make the world a far worse place just by breathing the same air as educated people,
when you make stupid remarks in here, people want to laugh and spit at you, they want to take a shit on you,
I pity you, ya fuckin faggott.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Quit bringing your foolish lies to the board, 2ool, you fuckin' half-ass. :lol:

Or at least do like the rest of us and make 'em halfway believable.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

The only thing that surprised me about led zep was how great of an impact they had as a group, and how little impact they had as individuals. Page drifted from project to project, as did JPJ, and page folked it up quite a bit in his solo career. No one of them really carried on the hard rock tradition.

and m2ool is an idiot, phibes a seat behind him on the short bus.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mister Bushice wrote:The only thing that surprised me about led zep was how great of an impact they had as a group, and how little impact they had as individuals. Page drifted from project to project, as did JPJ, and page folked it up quite a bit in his solo career. No one of them really carried on the hard rock tradition.
Zep wasn't necessarily a "hard rock" band. They created their own genre and can't be pidgeonholed quite that simply. Besides, what's the surprise? How the fuck do follow up Led Zep?

As for individual careers, Plant didn't do quite so bad for himself.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Toddowen wrote: Ah....I see who Spinal Tap's Stonehenge stage props got delivered to...
RACK
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

I remember being bummed when we got news of Bonzo's death. I was more of a Doors' fan than Led Zep at the time (separate camps in my high school), but it hit hard to have someone in such a cornerstone of rock go down in such a senseless way.

Criminy, those of us at about 40 yrs old got to grow up with the death of Bonzo/breakup of Zep, the assassination of Lennon, and the rise of disco.

At least Steely Dan, BOC, Gary Moore, Pat Travers, and Chris Squire's back-up band made that era palatable for some of us...

Oh, and m2 is completely full of shit....as usual
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote: Steely Dan...
War! When Black Friday comes...

Let us not forget the 2nd best band of all time, Pink Floyd. They were all about another Brick in the Wall there abouts.

I hope Nish isn't reading this, but damnit man, all the best bands were from jolly old England.

Rack them Limeys.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

War Wagon wrote:damnit man, all the best bands were from jolly old England.
Ummm.....assuming you meant from that era, although the Brits definitely are owed a lot of props, Steely Dan and BOC hailed from downstate NY.

WAR getting to see BOC as "Soft White Underbelly" at the Chance in Poughkeepsie during my crazy teenage days.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I was tending bar in a place called Rudy's when Aja came out, and had my first kiss with my eventual wife there on New Years' Eve at around that time (she was there with somebody else). Sorta made Deacon Blues all that much more special.

RACK the hell out of the Dan.