Denver buried by blizzard

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Denver buried by blizzard

Post by War Wagon »

You folks doin' ok out there? Got all your Christmas shopping done?

Hello?

Should we mobilize the National Guard to come dig your asses out?
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Great story.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ya' think?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

In lieu of this, I'll take 27 pog stories and a 16 month commitment to Enzyte, please.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Daddy, where do all the evil liberal black people go when it snows?
Sin,
Average fucking inbred child of T1B posters
I fucking suck.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Gunslinger wrote:
Sin,
Average fucking inbred child of T1B posters

Gunslinger always cuts to the quick. Happy things and seasoned greetings for a happy time this RamaHanukkahKwanzaMasIvUs
to you an yours.

May your stocking be filled with the entire "Blacks on Blondes" series.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

all the bad weather around the country may force the space shuttle to land in IB's lap.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

30" in the driveway much?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Got it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cuda wrote:30" in the driveway much?
Well Coods, at least your power is still on, which is nice.

They get I-70 opened up much?

We're enjoying like 50 degree weather and sunny here today on the first day of winter, chuckling over our high plains neighbors plight. Our company president got snowed in and is holing up in one of our sales reps crib out there. The stories are going to be priceless.

Sucks to be you much? Get to shoveling.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

that ain't near enough trucks to get annie cleared off.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Gunslinger wrote:
next door, to rob their liberal black neighbor, who's shoveling his driveway to get to work.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

postponed the suns/nuggets game. gee golly. awaszfully conveinentws. no melo, no iverson. both teams were able to play and the officials were all there. nothing to stop the RED HOT FUCKING SUNS, THAN A PUSSY ASS BLIZZARD. denver pussies
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

quite the clusterfuck at the airport. Nice memories, to be sure.

----------------------------------------------

DENVER - Nearly 5,000 travelers who mistakenly thought they were beating the Christmas rush struggled to find a hotel room or faced another night on the hard floor at Denver's snowbound airport Thursday after a blizzard paralyzed the city.

The storm blanketed most of Colorado under 2 feet of snow, bringing businesses, government and holiday shopping to a standstill, shutting down the nation's fifth-busiest airport and creating a ripple effect that disrupted air travel around the country just days before Christmas.

"We can't go home; the highway's closed. We can't get to the car; it's 10 miles away. And the hotels are not cheap," said Jodie Hartfield of Colorado Springs, who spent a sleepless night squeezed between a signboard and a phone booth with her husband and three young children.

Denver International Airport — once touted as storm-proof — closed on Wednesday afternoon, and a spokesman said it would not reopen until noon Friday. By then, more than 2,000 flights in and out of Denver will have been canceled, officials said.

On Wednesday night, airport authorities provided a few hundred cots for the estimated 4,700 stranded travelers and doled out scratchy Red Cross blankets, along with diapers and baby formula. But there wasn't nearly enough bedding to go around.

Hundreds of travelers slept in lines at ticket counters. Others huddled on bench seats, or sought shelter against walls and counters, covering themselves with clothing, luggage and newspapers. The baggage pick-up area proved a popular spot — it was dark enough to sleep.

Plows plied the runways, but falling and drifting snow covered them all over again within 30 minutes, airport spokesman Steve Snyder said.

Airport managers tried to persuade travelers to leave. Public-address announcements emphasized there would be no flights for another day, and plows cleared parking lots and worked the 10-mile access road to Interstate 70. Officials organized convoys of 10 buses, led by a snowplow, to take travelers to hotels 25 miles away in downtown Denver, 800 at a time.

One angry passenger, pharmacist Robert Helmer, waited for the first convoy of the day with bags under his eyes.

Helmer managed to get on a United Airlines flight to St. Louis on Wednesday morning, sat for an hour waiting for a late-arriving flight attendant, then three more hours on the tarmac before the flight was finally canceled. He spent the night on the airport floor, covered by what he could find in his carry-on bag.

"There's a lot of very bitter people here, and I'm one of them," Helmer said. "This was major mismanagement."

It was the biggest snowstorm to hit Colorado since a March blizzard in 2003 that shut down the region and killed six.

The storm brought life to a standstill for 3.8 million people along the Front Range — a 170-mile urban corridor along the eastern edge of the Rockies that includes Denver. Police and National Guardsmen rescued hundreds of people stuck in cars.

Some mountain areas got more than 3 feet of snow, and up to 25 inches fell in the Denver metropolitan area.

Despite the slick roads and deep drifts, there were no immediate reports of any deaths or serious injuries were reported.

But Denver's normally bustling downtown was all but empty Thursday morning, with a few people trudging down the middle of unplowed streets. Other people got around by snowmobile. Mail delivery across the region was suspended, and many malls were closed on what should have been one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

The storm — which lingered through midday Thursday — also shut down I-70 and I-25, major routes through the West.

Hartfield's family, desperate to get to Seattle, managed to rebook a flight for Christmas Eve, but held out hope of getting onto an earlier standby flight.

Hartfield and her husband, Andy, used luggage, Red Cross blankets, a cot and a flattened cardboard box scrounged from another family to wall off a spot for the night. While the parents tended 5-month-old Michael, their other children, Drew, 5, and Alexis, 3, made an adventure of the mess.

"The kids had a blast. It was like a camping trip for them," Hartfield said. "But we were tossing and turning the whole night."
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Global warming......it has to be.....I tell you! :lol: :meds:
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

Rachel Nichols is stranded in denver waiting for iverson to arrive.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Dancer
Certified Holiday Troll™

Post by Dancer »

It always tears at my heartstrings whenever I see the trucks in the Missing Man formation at snowplow driver funerals.

:pours one out for my dead homie:
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Were getting hit with round 2 now!
Unprecedented for this area, two huge blizzards within a week from each other! The plows never made it to the neighborhood streets after the first one. Round 2 is piling on top of several inches of packed snow and ice left over from round 1.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I blame Bush
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..