How bout dem Cowboys

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

How bout dem Cowboys

Post by DallasFanatic »

A huge win for the Boys yesterday. They hold Peyton and Co to 14 points and now have set them up for a late season run. With all the rash of injuries that have happened in the NFC East, it would not surprise me one bit to see the Boys win the division. They definitely took a huge step in showing the rest of the league that they're for real.

Now this is all for not if they lay an egg against Tampa, but I see the Boys putting together a streak here. Early turkeyday prediction:

Boys 37
Bucs 13
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:They knocked the shit outta Manning all day long. Haven't seen a team do that to him since they lost to the Bolts last year.
You mean other than the Steelers during last year's playoffs?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Cowboys sacked up yesterday but no team I think has had the wild shifts in fortune like they have had this year. They went into the season with a lot of hype and I think there have two seperate occasions that they've been declared dead or at least out of the playoffs. The NFL is so schitzo...you have one game a week and 6 days to over-analyze what happened and why it happened and what will happen next. The Cowboys probably get way too much press coverage because of Parcells, T.O. and the QB contraversy between Romo and Bledsoe. The pundits have written off that team after each loss and then calls them a Super Bowl contender after each win. There are a lot of teams that I have no grasp on because they can look like world-beaters one week and then get absolutely blown out of the stadium the next week...Dallas is one of them.
Last edited by Shoalzie on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Shoalzie wrote:they can look like world-beaters one week and then get absolutely blown out of the stadium the next week...Dallas is one of them.
I don't think the Boys have been "blown out" in any of their games this year. They have actually been in each game that they've lost. But they do have a slight bipolar tendency that drives me crazy. Here's to running the table and knocking the snot out of Chicago :lol:
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
BSmack wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:They knocked the shit outta Manning all day long. Haven't seen a team do that to him since they lost to the Bolts last year.
You mean other than the Steelers during last year's playoffs?
The Steelers didn't do SHIT to Manning compared to what the 'Boys did yesterday and Shawne Merriman & Co. did to him last year.
You didn't watch the Stillers/Indy game, did ya'.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Ahh. Nice win for the Cowboys. IF this team could get their collective shit together, they could make a run. Most in here buried these guys prematurely.

Romo has been simply amazing. He plays like a freakin veteran. And the D didnt skip a beat without Ellis. I think Roy W actually covered a guy yesterday. Amazing.

Injuries to competitors have set up Dallas for a potential run. But that remains to be seen. Its too bad McNabb is out for the year. He's a class act and a great QB. He will be surely missed by all for the rest of the year.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Roy isn't the world's best cover safety, but he's not as bad as everybody makes him out to be. He's just having to overcompensate for shitty corner play. The corners have been playing better. Roy plays better. It's that simple.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

Props to Dallas on that one. FUCK ME!!!

I talked to my boss on Friday and told her I wasn't feeling real good about this one; she readily concurred. That was pretty much the consensus around here on the game going into it. It was either going to be a really good win, or a really really tough loss. I hope they learned much from being DOMINATED like that yesterday.
They straight outplayed the Colts from the first snap of the game, and all the way through. It’s tough to play the finesse game when you’re constantly picking yourself up off the turf.
Neck was dead on: Romo played a flawless game (overall). He didn’t set the world on fire, but he did do everything he needed to do; he got the job done (to borrow from a previous thread).

That was a hard game to watch, and an even harder pill to swallow. I’m glad that it happened though, to be honest. I was getting real tired of hearing how good they were, and how they were the class of the league. BLAH BLAHH BLAHH…..
They are a good team, but this wasn’t the first time that they’ve been totally outplayed; just their first loss. A dose of reality was definitely needed.

GOD, we miss Brandon Stokley. Ben Utech has filled in nicely, but we really could have used Stokley yesterday. On that note: if we couldn’t make the regular playbook sets work; I don’t know why they thought scrambling the receivers, pulling guards and the center, etc (stuff they don’t normally do a whole lot of) was going to be any more successful. They’ve tried putting a tight end in the slot, running a two tight end set, even putting Marvin and Reggie both on the same side, with Aaron Morehead on the other side. Nothing is really coming together; the rhythm is just off.
The REAL problem yesterday, was that Peyton never had the chance to get comfortable in the pocket, or “into the flow” of the game. I haven’t seen Peyton overthrow receivers, throw it into the ground, or throw the ball away like that, since New England in the playoffs the last several years.

A good win for Dallas; a bad loss for Indy, but hopefully a good lesson in the end.
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Yep, a big fucking RACK for the Boys. Hell of a win! It was huge to see the D step up with Ellis out. I thought Singleton did a great job filling in for him. And with the Gints sucking the deeke last night against the jags, I love their chances to win the division.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Tiny wrote:I was getting real tired of hearing how good they were, and [font=Georgia]how they were the class of the league[/font]. BLAH BLAHH BLAHH.

:lol:

If you tuned into a sports talk show that wasn't local, I'm sure you would have heard otherwise. Most of the talking heads had them pegged as the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC. Many people have been talking about how they were barely sqeaking by in many games. Lucky they weren't 7-2 or 6-3 before the loss to Dallas. Near losses to shit teams like Buff, Tenn, and the Jets. Get over yourself Indy, you're not that good. Who will they "choke" against in this year's playoffs? My prediction.. they get home field, 1st round bye, and get trounced at home in the 2nd round. Class of the league? Who in the fuck said that... Bob and Tom? Aren't those knobs out of Indianapolis? Class of the league???
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Going out on a limb......

Bucs 17
Boys 16
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

T REX wrote:Going out on a limb......

Bucs 17
Boys 16

Damn that was a leaf you went out on...Romo looked sensational again. Offense has many weapons. Defense gets job done.

Bring on the Bronx muthafuggas.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

With Romo running the offense, it's WAYYYY more dynamic than with Bledsoe.

He hit 5-6 different targets, and spread the ball around with ease. He found guys open all over the field, and his mobility really put the Bucs defense on thier heels. He made plays on the run, is very accurate, has a great arm, sold fakes, ran beautiful play action plays and bootlegs, all and all, a very convincing performance.

Albeit against an old and injured Buc defense, but still, the dude looks for real.

The only thing that may hurt Dallas is that if the opposition can shut Romo down, and force the Boys to run the ball.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Shut down Romo and you have Julius Jones and Marion Barber. Not a bad duo.