Jack -- your thoughts on the Sox spending 51.1 MILLION!!!!!?

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Rusty Trombone
Fuckin' Noob

Jack -- your thoughts on the Sox spending 51.1 MILLION!!!!!?

Post by Rusty Trombone »

For the rights to negotiate with that Jap pitcher? Nevermind the $14+ MILLION/year they'll pay him in salary. Not to mention the 13+ MILLION/year they'll end up paying JD Drew. I bet their payroll this year with be 150+ MILLION. Add in the 51 MILLION to pay that off that slant's team for his rights and they're up over 200 MILLION. Sound familiar? Still crying poor? Still can't compete with the Yankees?:meds::meds::meds::meds::meds:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/s ... id=2662289
I will pancake you!
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Wany my opinion?Too bad you're getting it anyways.

RACK the Yankees because they just duped the Dead sox into spending all that cash on some unproven Jap pitcher. Instead of them using that dough to upgrade their bullpen and get a second baseman they are buying the rights to the next Hideki Irabu. If the Yanks REALLY wanted him they would of gotten him. epstein just got outsmarted again by the Yanks. Then I hear the Sox want to go after Eric Gagne? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with that Sox fan.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

The money that will be opened up in the Japanese market to the Red Sox alone will make up for the bidding rights. Between merchandising, TV rights, and so forth it makes it worth it to the Sox. The Yanks already have Matsui so there wouldn't be much new revenue generated there. By having this guy in Boston and Matsui in New York it actually generates cash for both teams. The Sox/Yanks rivalry is about to hit Japan and it can only help both teams......
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Neely8 wrote:The money that will be opened up in the Japanese market to the Red Sox alone will make up for the bidding rights.
You're missing the point of the thread. Red Sox fan has always cried poor when compared to the Yankees ridiculous payroll. Meanwhile, the Sox will be doling out about 200 million for next year's team. It now appears the Sux have just as much money to burn as the so-called EVIL EMPIRE.

Not to mention that all of the TV/merchandising money that you're referring to will be split 30 ways.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Neely8 wrote:The money that will be opened up in the Japanese market to the Red Sox alone will make up for the bidding rights.
You're missing the point of the thread. Red Sox fan has always cried poor when compared to the Yankees ridiculous payroll. Meanwhile, the Sox will be doling out about 200 million for next year's team. It now appears the Sux have just as much money to burn as the so-called EVIL EMPIRE.

Not to mention that all of the TV/merchandising money that you're referring to will be split 30 ways.
Ken, get your facts straight before posting.

Yes, I think it is crazy to spend $51 million just to talk but if they don't land a contract with the pitcher, they do not pay the money and they block the Yankees from getting him.

Wait until the dust settles on this one!

and Rusty, $200 Million in 2007 is still less than the $324 Million the Yankees paid in 2006 for payroll + Luxury tax + revenue sharing.

(and if it is $200 million that will be $200 million - total salary including LT ans RS)

the Yankees' 2006 payroll finished at $213.1 million. The Yankees also must pay a $34 million luxury tax and approximately $77 million in revenue sharing.

2006 Yankee Total salary costs- ~ $324 Million

(close approximates.. each site is slightly different but give or take $2 million)

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ESPNSports ... id=1431182

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... 6044c.html
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Jack wrote:Ken, get your facts straight before posting.

I think the facts are pretty evident:
  • The Sux have the highest payroll of any World Series winning team. Ever.
    The Sux will be spending over $100 million more than the average MLB team in 2007.
    Your incessant whining about the Yankees payroll makes you look like an even bigger cunt than you really are.
    In 2007, the Sux will outspend the other 28 teams by a wider margin than the Yankees will outspend the Sux.
    Speaking of Evil Empires, the Sux are Anakin Skywalker to the Yankees Darth Vader.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Cut it out Ken! Man up and lose your trolls!!

Doggie Style (errh Troll # 9), can you post your facts and cite your sources?

Check this out!

Also Check this out!!

They seem to be in conflict with what you posted!

and thanks for serving this one up for me..

The Sux have the highest payroll of any World Series winning team. Ever!!

Next time, make it a little harder!!

and the Yankees have the highest salary of any team that hasn't won the World Series every year for the last 6 years!!

and btw.. I am not a Yankee Hater and I did not start this whine...

I say Good Luck to the Yankees!!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

That's great... my post had everything to do with how much the Sux will be spending after the 2006 season has ended and you post a link to 06 salaries. You never fail to disappoint. You always bring it** to every thread.

** See also, helmet and drool cup

The facts I posted are still incontrevertible... The Sux are (now) throwing around money like Mo Vaughn at the Foxy Lady. The Sux will be paying out HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to field a team in 07.
Jack wrote:The Sux have the highest payroll of any World Series winning team. Ever!!
I know! Stop crying poor. The Sux paid 51 million dollars just to talk to some dude about playing for them. Assuming they actually sign him, he will be the most expensive player (in terms of average yearly cost) in the history of the league.

Theo Epstein, in Aug 2006 wrote:We are not the Yankees. We admire the Yankees. I admire the Yankees. I respect them. We have to do things different. Our approach is a little bit different, given our resources relative to the Yankees; we feel our best way to compete with them year in and year out is to keep one eye on now and one eye on the future and to build something that can sustain success.
Bullshit. How much was the Steinbrenner's bid for Dice Gay? Face it, Red Sux Gaytion... YOU ARE THE YANKEES!
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2,

Get a Life!!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

As always... an epic retort.

Face it, dipshit... the Sux will prove in the offseason that they have some pretty decent revenue streams as well. Not quite the Yankees, but they have way more money than the 28 other teams.

Fifty one million dollars just to talk to some guy. In the history of the world, that is the most money ever spent just to talk to some guy. That is more than the payroll of 5 MLB teams in 06.... or about how much the Sux's 06 payroll was above the MLB average.

Bottom line, you are not allowed to cunt up this forum about the Yankees payroll. Why? 93% of the teams in MLB think your cunting sounds hypocritical.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Come on, it's obviously the Yankees fault that they spent that much money. I mean the Yankees have ruined baseball with the massive amounts of money they have spent.

BTW it seems like Manny and the rest of his 2nd highest contract in sports history is about to get sent to the West Coast.

Enjoy watching Big Sloppy get 200 walks next year.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

JCT wrote:BTW it seems like Manny and the rest of his 2nd highest contract in sports history is about to get sent to the West Coast.
I thought the 2nd highest was Jeter... or are you talking dollars/year (20 mil)?

Regardless... the Rangers picked up 67 of the 179 remaining million dollars as part of the Pay-Rod trade. So the Yankees are on the hook for only about 16 million/year. No single team pays one player more/year than the Sux pay Manny to quit on his teammates.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Dollars/yr.

Jeter's was 189 for 10 yrs, Manny was 160 for 8.

For those with no math skills, that's 18.9/ yr for Jeter and 20/yr for Manny.