Aki Gill is killing Ian White

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Deckard
Crack Whore

Aki Gill is killing Ian White

Post by Deckard »

What was Ferguson thinking when they signed this stiff for three years...that they always need a whipping boy to play D? (torch has been passed from back in the day from mckenny to turnbull along the way up to larry murphy to berg and now Gill). With the money the leafs are wasting on this guy and mccabe they could have had a shot at Brendan shanahan to play with Sundin not to mention whoever Gill plays with has their development sent back weeks. Oh well at least they beat Montreal.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

I'll tell you what he was thinking..

He was thinking that with Quinn gone, Hal Gill would become the next Scott Stevens under the coaching of Chairman Mo..

Oh and he was also thinking that he needed to do something desperately to save his worthless ass from being fired..

I'll take issue with you lumping Ian Turnbull in with those others though. He was never seen as a whipping boy amongst fans here... in fact everyone was sorry when he was traded.
It killed the best defence pairing the Leafs had.
Deckard
Crack Whore

Post by Deckard »

Actually I shouldn't have lumped Gill in with any of them...the closest he comes to is Dimitri Khristich (overpaid and just not that good), I see him as no better or worse than Harrison at this point but because he's getting paid over 2Million a year Maurice can't just bench him. As for Turnbull, he was more of a "managements" whipping boy as opposed to the fans.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Deckard wrote:Actually I shouldn't have lumped Gill in with any of them...the closest he comes to is Dimitri Khristich (overpaid and just not that good), I see him as no better or worse than Harrison at this point but because he's getting paid over 2Million a year Maurice can't just bench him. As for Turnbull, he was more of a "managements" whipping boy as opposed to the fans.
Ok, that I can agree to..

I think it's becoming obvious that even to the most fervent of Quinn bashers, Larry Pleau's coffee boy really isn't up to the task of being a GM.. and without Quinn to take the heat off of him, his act's on the way out.