Oregon Duckfan

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

The Seer
Just the Facts

Oregon Duckfan

Post by The Seer »

Ucla absolutely deserved the beatdown today with Lavin coaching the football team, but even you must admit the calls you get in that stadium are bordering on the rediculous....ball spotting, replays, unbelievable....beyond unbelievable.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Is this a cheap shot thread?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Ken wrote:Is this a cheap shot thread?

You're kind of like a Goober wannabe.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Home teams are getting the calls now?

I refuse to believe it.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Home teams are getting the calls now?

I refuse to believe it.

Yeah, but this was to a new level............................................

since the Oklahoma game.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Hey, seeing how the good majority of your most recent threads have been of the cheap shot ilk, I just wanted to know how to respond is all.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Is this in regards to the fumble/first down reviewed play?

If so, you put WAY too much stock in the crap coming out of the announcers' mouths. That one dude...and I feel silly that I can't think of his name, but the guy who was making a fool out of himself on the TV...that guy...

Anyway, that guy really needed to shut up. It was clearly not a fumble(and never should have been called that way in the first place), and despite the atrocities coming out of Dipshit's mouth, the ball spot was really close to where it should have been. Dipshit's estimation was based upon where Stewart's knee went down, not where the nose of the ball was. Don't know about you, but I prefer announcers who actually have a clue as to the rules on things like ball-spots, and other fairly important parts of the rulebook. What a moron that fool was -- "There, you see his knee go down...the ball should be spotted at the 34!" Uhm...dude...his knee hit the 34...he was (obviously) extending the ball towards the sticks as he went down...got almost another yard on the stretch...resulting in the refs spotting it at the 33...duh. I thought they gave him an extra couple of inches or so, which did actually make the difference on possesion...granted.

You need to keep in mind that the yellow line on the TV was off by quite a bit, which is uncharacteristic of the yellow line, but the chains tell the true story.

The ball spot wasn't off by more than about 6 inches, max. Bitch about ABC's placement of the yellow line.

Regardless, UCLA stunk it up, but Oregon was doing their very very best to keep them in the game. The turnovers must stop.

Oh, and on topic...I won't deny that the Duck's home-cooking is a little better than most. Maybe if other teams had crowds that sported the same level of enthusiasm and energy, they'd get the zebras to see things their way a little better, too. BODE U&Lers.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Hard to believe the refs weren't intimidated by our black manniquin that was placed on the sidelines....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Maybe if other teams had crowds that sported the same level of enthusiasm and energy, they'd get the zebras to see things their way a little better, too. BODE U&Lers.
Yup.

Same deal, watching the Auburn-Florida game. The stadium is just rocking. The fans are together, going berzerk. It's awesome.

Watching the USC game, christ, the Coliseum crowd might as well be a Michigan or Texas crowd, it's that subdued.

It's like 90,000 Laker or Dodger fans. Besides the team on the field the building itself must be a factor 'cause otherwise I just can't explain USC's home winning streak. They have no real home field advantage, not in terms of the crowd noise.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

You are talking about all of those ridiculously horrible pass interference calls on UCLA's first touchdown drive, down three touchdowns, in the 4th quarter, right?
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Hey Seer in my myopia I've always thought that WSU was the most painfull team to follow in terms of a team that always seems to tease its fans. Bt UCLA . . . fuck ever year its signs of potential brilliance followed by the inevitiable slide to mediocrity. Be it the Blob or KD at the helm.