WTF does this mean Garner?

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

WTF does this mean Garner?

Post by indyfrisco »

"I've complained all year about not being able to get a run in from third, so I'm going to kiss his lunch for getting that one in," manager Phil Garner said of Ausmus' game-winner.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260927123

What is the sam hell does "kiss his lunch" mean? I've never heard that expression and it reeks of gaybutt.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Where Garner kisses depends on what time Brad ate lunch.
Seeing as it was a verrah late finish I picture Phil face-down in a toilet bobbin' for 'apples'.

Rack the 'Stros, btw.
If they can somehow win the last 4 I think they'll either win outright or be in a one-game playoff w/ the 'birds.
3 of 4 and they might still end up in a one-game playoff.
Anything less than that and they're toast.

That's how I see it.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

I think it means he will french Clemens on his next final last farewell start.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: WTF does this mean Garner?

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:
What is the sam hell

Call it even, then...I've never heard that expression before, either(and yes, I realize that "is" was a typo, and you meant "in.")

It's "what in the Sam Hill."

It's a U&L thing, of course.

Sam Hill was a pioneer in many fields, most notably highway building. He owned a large spread overlooking the Columbia River Gorge(the 8th Wonder of the World). He named the hill that most of the property was on after his wife, Mary. That area is still known as Maryhill today, which is towards the eastern end of the Gorge, not far from Goldendale, WA.

On Maryhill, Sam Hill built a replica of Stonehenge, amongst other goofy stuff. After its construction, people familiar with the area would go past, and the standard exclaimation to his odd buidings became "what in the Sam Hill?"

So, there you have it.

Of course, I post this because I have no freaking idea what "I'll kiss his lunch" means, but it sounds pretty freaking gay.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Re: WTF does this mean Garner?

Post by Loganfan »

Dinsdale wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
What is the sam hell

Call it even, then...I've never heard that expression before, either(and yes, I realize that "is" was a typo, and you meant "in.")

It's "what in the Sam Hill."

It's a U&L thing, of course.

Sam Hill was a pioneer in many fields, most notably highway building. He owned a large spread overlooking the Columbia River Gorge(the 8th Wonder of the World). He named the hill that most of the property was on after his wife, Mary. That area is still known as Maryhill today, which is towards the eastern end of the Gorge, not far from Goldendale, WA.

On Maryhill, Sam Hill built a replica of Stonehenge, amongst other goofy stuff. After its construction, people familiar with the area would go past, and the standard exclaimation to his odd buidings became "what in the Sam Hill?"

So, there you have it.

Of course, I post this because I have no freaking idea what "I'll kiss his lunch" means, but it sounds pretty freaking gay.

lol.....nice.

A little history coming in so save a Phil Garner thread.
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

l to r: Phil Garner "eating his lunch".

[edit]Oops, it was supposed to be "kiss".
Never mind. [/edit]
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Who is J Fred Duckett?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

l to r: Phil Garner getting ready to "kiss" Oswalt's lunch.