Scheduling/NL Central Question

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Scheduling/NL Central Question

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

It looks to me like St. Louis had a rainout vs. San Francisco that isn't going to be made up. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/stl/s ... QKg7Ip0bYF Thus, they'll play one less game than either the Astros or the Reds (nobody's talking about the Reds, but they're still in contention).

If it impacts the final standings, wouldn't it make sense to make up that game on 10/2? Or won't the league do that?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

They'll make it up only if the outcome has a bearing on playoff positioning.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Re: Scheduling/NL Central Question

Post by Loganfan »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:It looks to me like St. Louis had a rainout vs. San Francisco that isn't going to be made up. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/stl/s ... QKg7Ip0bYF Thus, they'll play one less game than either the Astros or the Reds (nobody's talking about the Reds, but they're still in contention).

If it impacts the final standings, wouldn't it make sense to make up that game on 10/2? Or won't the league do that?
Anything that will affect playoff standings will be made up.

Yankmes are a good example, they're scheduled to fly home from Tampa, to play Tampa a single game in NY.

But even that won't be played if the homefield and everything is locked up by Friday
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Loganfan wrote:
Yankmes are a good example, they're scheduled to fly home from Tampa, to play Tampa a single game in NY.
No. Yanks finish the season at home. v Tor. Get it right hippie.

If the Phils and the Faggot Dodgers end up tied for the WC. Tie breaker will be Monday at Phil.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

JCT wrote:
Loganfan wrote:

Hmm....I'd sworn I saw them scheduled for a make up game if need be.

I'll blame that on the SD Union....they fuck up at LEAST one thing every day in the sports page.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Loganfan wrote:
JCT wrote:
Loganfan wrote:

Yankees have one game left vs. Baltimore tonight, then a three-game set vs. Toronto Fri-Sun. All games are home. That'll give them 162 games.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Loganfan wrote:
JCT wrote: No. Yanks finish the season at home. v Tor. Get it right hippie.

Yankees have one game left vs. Baltimore tonight, then a three-game set vs. Toronto Fri-Sun. All games are home. That'll give them 162 games.
Ya....I counted. That's why I'm blaming my paper. I should sue for them affecting my board cred like this.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

So it's my understanding that if the Phillies drop out, and the Padres and Dodgers both get in, but have a tied record, the Padres win the West, but if the Padres and Dodgers tie, and the Phillies take the WC (which honestly, seems unlikely), the Padres and Dodgers would have a PO game to decide the West.

Sound right to everybody, or somebody know different?

Oh......go Cards.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

If the Pads win the rest of their games it won't matter.