Season Over

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The Anomaly wrote:proof? How come the NHLPA won't let all the player's put it to a vote?

Gotta show that false unity.

You are a complete jack ass. It's amusing.
Sidestep the question much?

The only thing amusing here is watching you troll each of the sports forums and ending up with the same reaction from others.

Shit troll.

And in answer to your question, (since if you had any clue you'd never had asked it in the first place) the player themselves felt it was in their best interests to have the Executive Committee handle it, the NHLPA in their own constitution, written many years ago now.
Ultimate power over all NHLPA activities resides with the players, who each year elect representatives from their respective NHL teams in order to form an Executive Board. Overseeing the board is an Executive Committee, which currently consists of President Trevor Linden, who replaced Mike Gartner in June 1998, and
Vice-Presidents, Bob Boughner, Vincent Damphousse, Daniel Alfredsson, Bill Guerin, Trent Klatt and Arturs Irbe.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Otis wrote:
Then the owners will have what they've been out to get all along, a busting of the union.
Thank God for that!
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

Otis wrote:
The Anomaly wrote:proof? How come the NHLPA won't let all the player's put it to a vote?

The only thing amusing here is watching you troll each of the sports forums and ending up with the same reaction from others.

Shit troll.

And in answer to your question, (since if you had any clue you'd never had asked it in the first place) the player themselves felt it was in their best interests to have the Executive Committee handle it, the NHLPA in their own constitution, written many years ago now.
Ultimate power over all NHLPA activities resides with the players, who each year elect representatives from their respective NHL teams in order to form an Executive Board. Overseeing the board is an Executive Committee, which currently consists of President Trevor Linden, who replaced Mike Gartner in June 1998, and
Vice-Presidents, Bob Boughner, Vincent Damphousse, Daniel Alfredsson, Bill Guerin, Trent Klatt and Arturs Irbe.
You are a certified tard. That's all I can say. I was around before you even had interent ya schmuck. I go back to ESPN chat - 1995 then Rome's board then.......

Sidestep what? You are arguing for the players. You have been abused all over this thread. You claim owner mismanagement but now they want to fix their mistakes. Isn't that smart on their part?

I have to ask what you do for a living because you don't make any business sense at all. You cry about the owners yet you back it up with nothing except some articles you dug up on google.

Bottom line, you have shit to stand on. Everybody outside of a rainmen few KNOWS that a cap is the only way to save this sport.

It is funny to see you melt every other post though.

PS MLB is a joke as well as nascar. Bring it.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The Anomaly wrote:
Otis wrote:

Shit troll.

You are a certified tard. That's all I can say. I was around before you even had interent ya schmuck. I go back to ESPN chat - 1995 then Rome's board then.......
Really? Well now that certainly is impressive. Care to refresh the memories of everyone here what nic you used at Rome's board then?
Since it appears nobody has ever heard of you under this one.

Oh wait, I know you just happened to find this board...

:roll:
Sidestep what?
Providing some proof to support Your claim.
Shit troll wrote: The players just can't accept it(even though over half would vote yes).

You are arguing for the players.
Well bravo, did you figure that out all by yourself there Einstein?
You have been abused all over this thread.
No, but you're glossing your own attempts at trolling a bit too early here.
Just saying.
You claim owner mismanagement but now they want to fix their mistakes. Isn't that smart on their part?
Yes it is.
I have to ask what you do for a living because you don't make any business sense at all. You cry about the owners yet you back it up with nothing except some articles you dug up on google.
No, I backed it up with facts written by those closer to the situation than myself.
Unlike yourself who has yet to back up even a single claim with a measure of facts.
Your suppositions and opinions don't count for shit.
Bottom line, you have shit to stand on. Everybody outside of a rainmen few KNOWS that a cap is the only way to save this sport.
And you're basing your stand on what? Facts man... let's see some facts.

Luxery taxes and revenue sharing are the answer.
Capping salaries only leads to teams being forced to take on unwanted contracts when making trades.
IE: the NBA
It is funny to see you melt every other post though.
Outstanding.. self glossing yourself and delusional observations all in one post.
Keep telling yourself that.
Shit troll.
PS MLB is a joke as well as nascar. Bring it.
Had your ass handed to you in those 2 forums as well eh? :lol:
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Bob Boughner, Vincent Damphousse, Daniel Alfredsson, Bill Guerin, Trent Klatt and Arturs Irbe.
Its the over the hill gang. Not ONE of those players are what you would call a 3rd or 4th liner (save for Irbe, who only shows up when its his contract year), so of course they only care about the millionares and piss on the guys that are making far less.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

I've read this thread all of the way through and I must admit that I am impressed with some of the arguments made. To be fair, I think I could personally make a pretty good argument either way.

As a fan I could give rat f'ing c**k who gets what as long as everyone gets something and I get to watch hockey again.

My problem with the NHL is that I just don't buy their story about losing money. I, Blitzkrieg, am calling the NHL a bunch of hypocritcal liars. If you are going to lose money by signing someone to a contract you cannnot afford, then don't. How hard is that?

Explain to me how I am supposed to feel sorry for anyone that fails to understand the basic principles of business and labor. In my book the owners are the ultimate scumbags in this melee. They set the market they should live with the consequences.

It wasn't the NHLPA that decided to expand into non-traditional hockey markets like Florida, Nashville, Anaheim, and N. Carolina. if an NHL franchise can't make money then contract it. Nobody will miss it. All of those Diques, Whalers and Jets fans found new teams to love, so will everyone else.

My other big sticking point with the owners is in regards to legal precedent.

The NHL has never had a hard cap like the one proposed by ownership. "So f'ing what?" one might ask. The NBA and NFL both have a hard cap, they're doing better than ever. In fact, they're kicking the NHL's ass in the ratings.

Yeah well MLB has a luxury tax and they've been doing alright too. In fact, last year only two teams violated that tax clause(Boston and NY) and MLB had one of it's best years ever. Two years ago a relative salary undergog kicked the Yankees ass in the World Series.

THERE JUST ISN'T AN ESTABLISHED LINK BETWEEN MONEY AND WINS. Or even money and profits in the NHL. Sure, the Rangers are in a huuuuge market. What about the Blackhawks? WTF is their excuse?

Where the hell do the Sabres play? Buffalo is still in New York right? What was the Flames payroll last year? They were in the finals right?
Defense wins championships.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Some responses to your thoughts, Blitz...

If, for example, the Lightning sign Martin St. Louis to a $30M/year contract, any player who's ever done anything similar to Martin St. Louis is held to that pay rate after that. Sure the Lightning can afford it, they gave it to him. But nobody else in the league can. A couple idiot owners jacked up the payscale since '94. Every other owner had to be held to that scale because of fucking arbitration and comparables.

So you want to fold teams that can't be held to the highest common denominator? Well, theoretically, that would leave you with one team.

Oh, and Jets fans haven't found new teams to love. You still see those guys walking around in Jets jerseys. It's pretty sad, actually.

The Marlins had to dismantle their team (again) after beating the Yankees. The Angels have a payroll almost as high since then, because they've had to dish out cash to keep the team together. Under the current system, what would stop the Flames from having to do the same? Why should some teams have to catch lightning in a bottle and have all their young talent mature at once to have a shot at one championship, while the Avs and Wings can keep their players and add more?

No established link between money and wins? Is that why it was a big deal this past spring that it was the first time since '92 that the Finals didn't involved either the Wings, Avs, Devils, or some other high payroll team?

The NHL just can't continue down the path they're headed, or a lot of teams will go away. I'm glad the owners are sticking up for that. The players seem to have no interest in it. I'm sure their tune will change when 24 of their jobs are eliminated with each team that folds.

Mind you, this lockout ain't exactly aiding any teams' survival either.

This thing is a bitch.
Still a FlameFan
The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

I say again Otis......what do you do for a living?

Seriously, it is going to explain your warped view of the situation.

To go through line by line? Dude, get a life or something. I am way too busy, but you did make me laugh again. So......please continue, factboy.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The Anomaly wrote:I say again Otis......what do you do for a living?

Seriously, it is going to explain your warped view of the situation.

To go through line by line? Dude, get a life or something. I am way too busy, but you did make me laugh again. So......please continue, factboy.
You refuse to or more appropriately, Can't answer the questions or provide some form of proof to sustantiate your claims and you're asking me to answer your question?

Game set and match.
You're dismissed.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

Otis wrote: Game set and match.
You're dismissed.
Hello, Rat Pack. :roll:
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

Otis........why won't you say what you do for a living?

Welfare? Unemployment?

The more you dodge, the better this gets.

Come on, I won't laugh.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The Anomaly wrote:Otis........why won't you say what you do for a living?

Welfare? Unemployment?

The more you dodge, the better this gets.

Come on, I won't laugh.
I know this is difficult for you tard, but the topic is about the NHL..

Try and stay on topic.
Or at least provide some proof to back up your shit posts.

P.S. You had your ass kicked in the College Football forum as well as Nascar too I see.
The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

Man, you are a tard. Hot water burn baby? Cinncinati, Ohio?

Listen, I haven't done anything in college football. Some napoleon mod said no posts not about college football and there is a whole thread on fantasy baseball. Not sure about your retarded encephalon, but the word "hyopcrite" comes to mind.

That's the extent of me "getting my ass kicked". And some nascar freaks crying about my supposed "lack of understanding" of the sport is not "getting my ass kicked".

It's funny you are following me around from forum to forum. You may be one of the lamest posters I have run into. You sure have no real understanding of actual economics. Not that I would expect you to. It's more pity now than anything.

I will ask you one more time.......your profession? What is it? Do you have a profession?

It's relevant because it will explain why you have such a limited understanding of the REAL world(not MTV chucko). Go ask mommy then get back to me.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The Anomaly wrote: Listen, I haven't done anything in college football. Some napoleon mod said no posts not about college football and there is a whole thread on fantasy baseball. Not sure about your retarded encephalon, but the word "hyopcrite" comes to mind.
Really? It sure read like they were using you as a speed bag. Just for warmups, since the CF season is over.
Killian wrote: If you have been around, you would know that this is a post that runs in the CFB board all summer long.

Seeing as how you haven't been around for that long, kindly read more and post much less, and keep your fucking comments to yourself.

If you have nothing to add to the board besides to question every post, you better make some changes. I have asked you 3 seperate times to PM me with any concerns. Consider this a foul tip. One chance left
That's the extent of me "getting my ass kicked". And some nascar freaks crying about my supposed "lack of understanding" of the sport is not "getting my ass kicked".
2 for 2... and this would make it 3 for 3.
Nice. You're well on your way to being board bitch.
It's funny you are following me around from forum to forum. You may be one of the lamest posters I have run into. You sure have no real understanding of actual economics. Not that I would expect you to. It's more pity now than anything.
Idiot, you think people only read one forum on here or don't check out the other sports forums?
For someone that claimed (yes, you did but dodged or refuse to answer the question about what nic you used) that he'd been around since ESPN chat and the old Rome board.. you should have known that.
Again, why do you refuse to supply some factual arguements and provide proof to back your asinine claims?

So once again

I will ask you one more time.......your profession? What is it? Do you have a profession?

It's relevant because it will explain why you have such a limited understanding of the REAL world(not MTV chucko). Go ask mommy then get back to me.
:lol:
You're quite the personal info hound aren't you.
The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

Yeah, and it's funny.

You claim i am getting my ass kicked in here?

Where, you fucking tard?

Your big bad players union is caving like the little bitches they are. You have no business sense and I am sure that you don't need it at the fast food places you have worked.

I'll make this very easy for you. You are a punk. You haven't done anything in this forum besides make yourself look like an ass.

Back to the line-item responses.

Get a job and stop living off my taxes.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Oh man. Bettman just called the season.

I'm going to get drunk.
Defense wins championships.
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

Blitzkrieg wrote:Oh man. Bettman just called the season.

I'm going to get drunk.
have a double for me...
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL