Faggots trying to ruin this fine country yet again:

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Ucant#...???

Faggots trying to ruin this fine country yet again:

Post by Ucant#...??? »

http://www.courant.com/sports/highschoo ... nes-sports

In April, the CIAC football committee quietly passed a score management rule for the 2006 season that will suspend a coach who wins a game by 50 or more points. The debate over the rule appears to be just getting started.

Steve Filippone, the Hand-Madison coach and chairman of the Connecticut High School Coaches Association football committee, has asked to appear before the CIAC Board of Control at its June 7 meeting to discuss the rule.

As chairman, Filippone also represents the CHSCA on the CIAC football committee along with five other coaches. The rule passed unanimously at the CIAC meeting, but only two of the six coaches were present. Filippone, who coaches lacrosse at Hand, was not present.

Since the adoption of the rule became public this week, the response from state football coaches has been overwhelmingly against it, Filippone said.

"I support what came out of the committee because I'm a member of the committee [which also includes school administrators]," Filippone said. "I couldn't be there that day. That doesn't excuse me from being a part of that committee and supporting their action. I do support the rule as it's written.

"However, [based] on literally 40 or 50 conversations I've had with my colleagues in coaching, all consistently say they don't like it, they're not comfortable with it, they wish we could do something different. They believe in the spirit of the rule, but they don't think it's the right way to go about doing it. My job is to represent those coaches."

John Fontana, executive director of the CHSCA, asked Filippone to request the meeting with the CIAC. Filippone said he left a message Thursday for CIAC assistant executive director Tony Mosa, who is the liaison to the football committee, about a meeting.

Fontana said the coaches association and the CIAC have a working arrangement in which any new rule, small or big, is brought to the CHSCA before being voted on in a CIAC committee. This rule was not presented to the CHSCA, Fontana said.

The CIAC looked at the rule, which Filippone said had been discussed "on and off'" for the past two years, as a minor change. Filippone said it had never come up for a vote.

"How can such a relatively minor sports story take on such wide press coverage?" said Mosa, who Thursday afternoon said he was unaware of Filippone's request for a meeting. "I don't think it rises to the level that people project it to be."

"I think Tony Mosa has a different interpretation of what has to go in front of the coaches association," Filippone said. "That may well be part of what we need to discuss. Even if what might be considered small changes don't have to go in front of the coaches association executive board, if that's true, this has transcended that now and become a big issue."

Mosa said there was a pressing sense within the football committee and among CIAC board members to get something done on the issue at the April meeting.

"Our CIAC board has received letters and inquiries from superintendents and principals wondering what was going on and asking us quite frankly to investigate it and do something about it," Mosa said. "Some of that impetus came from our own membership."

Teams won games by 50 or more points 27 times out of 659 scores reported during the 2005 season.

Some have characterized this as the "Jack Cochran rule," referring to the New London coach whose teams last year defeated opponents by 55 or more points four times, including a 90-0 victory over Griswold. Cochran also earned a reputation for big scoring margins at Bloomfield and New Britain, where he won a combined seven state titles.

"We handle [score management] appropriately in 99 percent of the cases," Filippone said. "I think a great example is a great coach who is on our committee, Marce Petroccio [of Staples-Westport] would have had to sit out two games last year. He wasn't trying to run the score up. It would affect a lot of guys.

"Is it going to bring people in that don't deserve to be in the way it's written right now? It probably will. I know the guys that I coach with, they are not the type of guys who are ever going to tell a young kid, `You know what? You've got to fall down'; `You know what? Run out of bounds'; or `You know what? We're going to punt the ball on second down.' To me, that would be more humiliating [for the losing team] than having them score an extra two touchdowns."

"It's only those rare occasions you have to reflect on, that one game last year with 90 points. Fifty points, I'm uncomfortable with that myself, but 90 points, you can't explain that to me in a way that makes sense."

If Filippone meets with the CIAC, he said he'll "present the data related to the reaction of our coaches."

Said Filippone: "I think it's the job of the football committee to sit down, look at that data and say, OK do we move on it immediately to change it or did we come to a good conclusion, we're going to stick to our guns and we're going to run this thing for a year and see how it works out.

"Let's see how many games we have to deal with, let's see how much trouble we have. If we don't have to change it, maybe we won't. If it becomes a really big problem, we go back and amend it.

"Because of the outcry on this there is the potential for it to move quicker than that. I wouldn't say it would be likely that it would move quicker than that because there's a procedure and ways to get things done."

Mosa said he fully expects the rule to be in place for the start of the 2006 season.
Ucant#...???

Post by Ucant#...??? »

Seriously... this is HIGH SCHOOL football and they're going to suspend a coach for scoring too many points? :meds:

What's next... suspending 6 year olds for hitting too many dingers during a tee-ball game? Or worse... maybe the NCAA will step in and suspend Spurrier for running up the score against the Citadel?

This country is being overrun by a bunch of pc nut smuggling faggots. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I'm an American these days.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Sounds more like a problem for the Hartford area. You people are fucking pitiful.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Post by Tiberious »

What would Steve Spurrier do?
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

The further pussification of our great society. If you suck that bad to get beat by 50 points, then get fucking better. I hate the mercy rule. I was fortunate that I went to a really good football school in Fl and on a couple of occasions we beat teams 70-0, 63-0, 55-3 and all the officials did was have a running clock in the 4th quarter to stop the bleeding.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Re: Faggots trying to ruin this fine country yet again:

Post by Degenerate »

Ucant#...??? wrote: Steve Filippone, the Hand-Madison coach and chairman of the Connecticut High School Coaches Association football committee
Ucant#...??? wrote:John Fontana, executive director of the CHSCA
Ucant#...??? wrote:CIAC assistant executive director Tony Mosa
Ucant#...??? wrote:a great coach who is on our committee, Marce Petroccio
Is HS coaching a good fallback in CT if you're too stupid to cut it as a Teamster?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Doesn't seem to me to be a great rule, but there's a rather obvious way for a coach to avoid trouble from it, at least in most cases: simply empty your bench once the score gets lopsided enough.

I'm not a big fan of a skunk rule in football, but if you're going to have one, the rule should end the game early if the score gets lopsided enough, rather than suspending the coach.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Tee ball is a perfect example. I can remember my first little league games. The kids pitched to each other and it was just regular baseball......

I go the other day and they put the ball on a tee, there are no outs, they don't keep score, and everybody wins. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

We are raising a generation of pussies.......
Ucant#...???

Post by Ucant#...??? »

Much like you going down on your daddy, there has to be a first time for everything, SKIDFAN.

Ya see... sometimes in life, there are these things that occur that are precidents for future events. After you gurgled PAPPAPSUFAN'S first load the way most people do with a mouthful of Scope, did this deviant behavior cease to exist? No, it did not, you sick fuck. Once you got that first taste of Man Tapioca in your Pleasure Dome, you just couldn't help yourself.

I'm afraid other turdburgulars may think this is just a fabulous idea and adopt a similar handwringing policy. Maybe even the great state of PA may one day be infected. I'm very afraid... aren't you... faggot?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Tiberious wrote:What would Steve Spurrier do?
Have the assistants call the plays.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Ucant#...???

Post by Ucant#...??? »

R-Jack wrote:Tell some kids to take it easy and not try so hard?
No dummy... if you're up 49-0 in the 2nd quarter, you obviously suit up all the kids with Down's Syndrome and let the other team get back in before resuming with the ass kicking. Come on, R-JACK. I espected much more from you.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

I was playing in this H.S. golf tournament once and we had a sweaty fatty type in our foursome. It was in Omaha, and it was like 90 with the humidity pretty low at oh, 95.

By the par 3 8th hole, Fatty was thigh chapped so bad that he groaned, whimpered and snorted when he walked. I was waiting for the tournament marshall to just yard him out of there on a golf cart, but Nooooo.

Fatty got the the 9th green and begged his mom to get him some Baby Powder. By the time his mom got back we were going down the 11th fairway. I saw Fatty go to the fence and pick up the powder, then duck-walked into the thick brush.

The rest of us waited while we saw puffs of white powder come up from the center of the bushes. Almost like one of those willie pete rounds you saw in the movie Full Metal Jacket. Then out walks fatty with powder everywhere.

I was laughing so hard I left my wedge by the green. Bogied the fooker too.

I say Fatty shouldn't get assistance after he leaves the clubhouse at the turn. I think the baby powder started to ball/sludge up in his golf pants, as he started to walk like Dr. House toward the 17th tee box, and his scorecard looked more like a shitty bowling score.

Rip City
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Why is it on the coach who is WINNING? Shouldn't the losing coach be the one who has the obligation to say enough is enough and pull his kids off the field if he thinks they are in danger?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Ucant#...???

Post by Ucant#...??? »

R-Jack wrote:nothing would make me happier than seeing a bunch of drooling retards who brought their own helmet writing their number in crayon on the back of an Elmo T-shirt and getting their chest caved in for my amusement.

:lol:

It's only 10:40 a.m. on the Right Coast and we already have the line of the day. RACK.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Sudden Sam wrote:If my ass was getting beat 50-0, the last thing I'd want is for the other team to lay down. That would be far more embarrassing and unsportsmanlike than just playing the damn game.
What about playing the kids who are on the bench, SS? Those kids put in the time at practice, too, same as the starters. And high schoolers are only there for four years. Your benchwarmers this year might be your starters next year. Not a bad idea to get them some real game action.

Just my $.02.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Sudden Sam wrote:If my ass was getting beat 50-0, the last thing I'd want is for the other team to lay down. That would be far more embarrassing and unsportsmanlike than just playing the damn game.
Rack it!

Play the game, learn from defeat & victory, do better next time.

Terry, putting in the benchwarmers is part of the game, telling them not to score is not.

R-Jack, you forget that tards can be freakishly strong (one of the many things Moorese has taught us), so be careful what you wish for. Corky may just run over your ass or piledrive you to the turf if you set him off. :D
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

R-Jack wrote:
The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:R-Jack, you forget that tards can be freakishly strong (one of the many things Moorese has taught us), so be careful what you wish for. Corky may just run over your ass or piledrive you to the turf if you set him off. :D
Read my whole post. That is the exact reason I would put band members in before those goofy bastards.
Sorry dude, couldn't get passed this picture ...
Don't get me wrong, nothing would make me happier than seeing a bunch of drooling retards who brought their own helmet writing their number in crayon on the back of an Elmo T-shirt
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Ucant#...???

Post by Ucant#...??? »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:Terry, putting in the benchwarmers is part of the game, telling them not to score is not.

Exactly. How are your players supposed to "get better" if they're not allowed to try.

Sometimes the guys on the 2nd and 3rd string are trying so hard to impress their coaches... vying for more playing time... that this happens:

a 90-0 victory over Griswold.

Oh fucking well. Dude pulled his starters in the 2nd quarter. What more could he do? ----->>>> "Motherfucker, I told you to fumble the ball through the endzone when you get to the 1 yard line... consider yourself benched!" ---->>>> :meds:
Ucant#...???

Post by Ucant#...??? »

those goofy bastards.

:lol:
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

primex ruined patsy, why not the country as well?
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm almost laughing too hard at UCan't's nic to bestow proper RACKS upon RJack...almost.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Can't wait for the team that is losing 49-0 stuck on their goal line with time running out to take a knee in the end zone for a safety to lose 51-0 and the opposing coach has to be suspended.

What kind of pussies are being raised in Connecticut?

Hell, I don't even take mercy on the golf course. I never fucking drop a ball over the lake after tanking two. I Tin Cup that bitch until I can pull my head out of my ass and make the shot. Yeah, I've ended up with an 18 before on an island green I just could not keep from cooning over into the drink. Raise men...not dripping afterbirth tunnels.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:I never fucking drop a ball over the lake after tanking two. I Tin Cup that bitch until I can pull my head out of my ass and make the shot.
In that case, we've got this place called "Eastmoreland #17"...AKA "Tin Cup."

cooning

Probably meaningless outside of the Golf Forum, but "cooning/coon/cooned" is rapidly reaching the auto-RACK status of Lucky resets....which I'm sure one of those could be incorporated in this thread, too. Hell, we got a "cooning" in there, why not a "Lucky?"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Hey, I'm not "pushing" the term "cooning". It's just first nature for me to say since I've used that term my whole life.

Not familiar with the "lucky". Enlighten me.
Ucant#...???

Post by Ucant#...??? »

DrDetroit wrote:but "cooning/coon/cooned" is rapidly reaching the auto-RACK status.

Uhm... okay, Dins... I'll bite. Enlighten this ignorant fool.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Nice looking hole. What's even more impressive is the $27 weekend green fee. For one of the "Top 25 of 7500" courses rated by Golf Digest, sounds like the bang for the buck is extraordinary.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Ucant#...??? wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:but "cooning/coon/cooned" is rapidly reaching the auto-RACK status.

Uhm... okay, Dins... I'll bite. Enlighten this ignorant fool.
First post of page.

viewtopic.php?t=5235&postdays=0&postord ... n&start=25
Ucant#...???

Post by Ucant#...??? »

That's a pretty disappointing definition, Frisco. I was hoping for:
Merriam Webster wrote: Main Entry: cooning
Function: transitive verb
1: to steal from ones porch (a ) especially to mvscals (b) : to jack or rob a negro. "I cooned that mvscal"
Damned golf forum geeks....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:Nice looking hole. What's even more impressive is the $27 weekend green fee. For one of the "Top 25 of 7500" courses rated by Golf Digest, sounds like the bang for the buck is extraordinary.

They've held the US Am Championship there in the past. The City Championship is there every year.

Where have I heard "Rack my local munis" before? If it wasn't unseasonably wet, I'd probably be there this evening. That is right up there with the most breathtaking beautiful courses you'll ever play. Unfortunately, it's also the only public course in that entire part of town, which brings some crowds.

But even better -- right around this time of year, they put up the Twighlight Special -- if you start at 5 or later, it's freaking $10 for as far as you can get. Middle of summer, it stays golfable-light until about 10 'round these parts, or close to(sup edge of the time zone) so if you start right at 5, and don't get behind tards, you get 18 for $10.

The beer cart hottie told us an awesome story about that hole -- during a high scholl girls tourney, she said she was driving by, so she stopped out of courtesy and whatnot. Said a rather inept looking chick stepped up to the tee, and cooned one. Said the ball skipped 6 times across the water, somehow popped straight up on the rocks that line the lake, hit the green softly......and go ahead and finish the story yourself.

Oh, and to the left of that lake, is the Rhododenderon Test Gardens, which is a really cool park-thingy. Just an awesome place.

Oh, wait...this isn't the Golf Forum, is it? Sorry.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:Not familiar with the "lucky". Enlighten me.

A certain female poster who had sex with a certain midget from these boards used to brag about her offspring, who went by the name of "Lucky."

Considering who the child's mother was, that moniker was possibly the most cruel practical joke ever played in human history.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Not 100% sure this is what Dins was referring to, but Cinder used to get clowned quite a bit for the fact that one of her kids was nicknamed Lucky.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:Terry, putting in the benchwarmers is part of the game, telling them not to score is not.
Oh, I agree with that. But as a general rule, your benchwarmers are less talented, it might be a little more difficult for them to score, particularly if you pull the starters at a time when there's enough of a cushion, say, 35-0.

Also, if the other team scores against the second defense, which they have a much better shot at doing, that gives you even more of a cushion.

As I said, it's not a good rule by any stretch of the imagination, but a coach who is well-prepared from a scouting standpoint should be able to adapt if the cushion has been set at 50 points. Case in point: my stepdaughter was a high school cheerleader, so I used to go to her games. There was one game where they were playing a team that was clearly overmatched. The coach actually started the second stringers in that game. The starters were completely out of the game well before halftime.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Not 100% sure this is what Dins was referring to, but Cinder used to get clowned quite a bit for the fact that one of her kids was nicknamed Lucky.
Ahh...kind of like the Bald guy named Curly, eh?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
A certain female poster who had sex with a certain midget from these boards used to brag about her offspring, who went by the name of "Lucky."

Considering who the child's mother was, that moniker was possibly the most cruel practical joke ever played in human history.
Maybe he was lucky to avoid the coat hanger?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

BSmack wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

In fairness, I think she recounted that he had nearly died on two occasions in the first 2-3 years of his life. Thus, they hung the moniker "Lucky" on him. His real name was John Luke, IIRC.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I was in a softball game and we were getting our asses beat about as bad as could be. SOme guy who has already hit 4 home runs in the game steps up to the plate in the last inning and decides to switch from right to left handed. He was not a switch hitter by nature, but when games got out of hand, he liked to "ease up" and just get the out going for the fence left-handed.

Well, he tatooed it over the fence lefty. Knowing the guy isn't a lefty made us feel even shittier as a team.

We could have quit the game and ended it whenever we wanted to. We'd rather finish the game fucking Cool Runnings-style though than to have the bitch switch it up on us. Insult to injury.
Ucant#...???

Post by Ucant#...??? »

RACK ME for being the 3rd person to weight in on this, but Lucky was the part of the john's cream of meat that didn't somehow escape from Cinder's oversized love cave and run down her hamhock thunder thigh. No Frisco, this glop of manjuice had the misfortune of uniting with a deformed birthegg and one day lazily fell out of her well-worn uterus. It was now ready to brave the earth with its bad genes and gapped teeth, bringing happiness and joy to the other trailer park denizens, until it one day OD'ed and had an untimely demise. However, any time spent in this mutant's company, you were considered to be Lucky... hence its name.

You're welcome.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ucant#...??? wrote:RACK ME for being the 3rd person to weight in on this, but Lucky was the part of the john's cream of meat that didn't somehow escape from Cinder's oversized love cave and run down her hamhock thunder thigh. No Frisco, this glop of manjuice had the misfortune of uniting with a deformed birthegg and one day lazily fell out of her well-worn uterus. It was now ready to brave the earth with its bad genes and gapped teeth, bringing happiness and joy to the other trailer park denizens, until it one day OD'ed and had an untimely demise. However, any time spent in this mutant's company, you were considered to be Lucky... hence its name.

Uhm....yeah. That's what I meant to say.

It's very rare that my laughter at these boards actually produces audible sounds, but it just happened.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:It's very rare that my laughter at these boards actually produces audible sounds, but it just happened.
Dins "had one".
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: A certain female poster who had sex with a certain midget from these boards used to brag about her offspring, who went by the name of "Lucky."

Knowing that he had to suckle from those dried-up pomegranites Cinder used for tits? I wouldn't call that lucky at all...
No way she brest fed. That would totaly interfere with bar skank duty.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown