bedlam basketball, make your call

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

bedlam basketball, make your call

Post by Ang »

Looks like there are more than a few OU fans here, so I'm wondering what you all think about the game at GIA tomorrow night?

OU spanked OSU a couple of weeks ago bigtime, and if OU's big men remember how to play well I'm not sure that OSU would have an answer for them...even in Stillwater.

Then again, the Pokes are shooting and moving the ball well and have that Eddie Sutton D going for them again, so I think it's going to be a war...as it usually is. I think the Pokes take this game.

Any thoughts from the Sooner fans?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

As a Big 12 fan ('sup Dook, Suck 10?), I'm thinking OU may be at a low point, possibly even gasping for air if they can't right the ship. This game is absolutely huge for them, but it's going to be extremely tough for them to go into GIA and win, especially if OSU takes an early lead. This game, like many other Bedlam games, is going to be extremely physical, and I think it's going to come down to fouls and making free shots (as Bob Barry Senile would say).

Either that, or I've been reading too many OUMO threads. :P

Should be an intense, if not ugly game. My heart says OU can pull one out, but my head says OSU by 4.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Honestly I don't have the basketball knowledge that BtH has or the access to what is going on as skull but I do catch about 90% of the games as one of the local sports bars keeps a TV on reserve for me on ESPN+ OU evennings. It seems to me that OUr one track minded game plan for the season has been exposed and we have been unprepared with any adjustments. Opposing teams have begun to isolate Lavender and just eat him up with his size. The foul disparity was a killer against Iowa State but it seemed that Texas Tech just simply ate us up.

OSU by 4 :(
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

If OU doesn't win this game, they're going to be hurting for a decent tournament seed. They NEED this game, but so does OSU for the same reasons AND to "hold serve" so to speak. Lately, teams have befuddled the piss out of us, and I don't see this being much different. Having said that, I have a feeling our shots might fall tonight. We either lose by 15 or win a tight one.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

I call Hightower and Hilary to assfuck the Sooners.

We've seen their 'work' here in B10 country for years!

Enjoy, OUfan, Hightowers in the HOUSE!!!!

[btw - osu by the 15] :mrgreen:

late.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Hightower and Hillary f'ed us in the a. No doubt. But something about the game disturbed me even more than the continued hatred and bias that Hightower and now his "partner" Hillary seem to have against OU. (Like NOT T'ing Sutton up for coming out damn near to the free throw line to bitch at one point...)

It was this:

Seperated At Birth?

YOU make the call...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Only saw the last 30 seconds of the game cuz of work, tuned in and out of what has to be the worst play by play in the nation. Sounded like OU played better than the last 3 games.

At the current level OU is playing. The Missouri and K State away games are huge. Hell I am kind of like BtH, I don't have a feel for this team.

02/12 at Missouri LOSS
02/16 Nebraska WIN
02/19 at Kansas State EVEN
02/21 No. 3 Kansas LOSS
02/26 Baylor WIN
02/28 at No. 22 Texas LOSS
03/5 at No. 23 Texas Tech LOSS

Sampsons teams have traditionaly taken a dump in the middle of the conference season then finished with a bang.

I predicted 25 wins and that was looking pretty good up until the last 2 weeks, I think 8 more wins is quite a stretch now.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.