Presidential Approval Ratings

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

4 king guy
Elwood

Presidential Approval Ratings

Post by 4 king guy »

Do they really matter??

He is in his second term... Can't run again! He has his 8 year President Pension...

It will take too long to impeach him, if that is what you want...

I heard his Approval Rating was down to 29 %.

Who Fucking Cares??

Bush support rating falls to 29 percent: poll

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

CNN and Wolf Blitzer think its the only thing going on in the world.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I still like CNN, but it has turned into comedy central the last couple days.

They are really gripping over there.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...is CNN still on the air?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:I still like CNN, but it has turned into comedy central the last couple days.

They are really gripping over there.
After 6 years of licking Bush's taint, they should be gripping.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Turdmaker
Jake

Post by Turdmaker »

29%? He really does have a big family.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Cicero wrote:CNN and Wolf Blitzer think its the only thing going on in the world.
Well maybe they should talk about the war in Iraq... wait... the right complains when they talk about that.

Well, y'all got a diversionary talking point established in immigration. Maybe they should devote 90% of their day to immigration instead of the current 70%.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Well, if they ever said anything positive about Iraq it would be nice. Every story is doom and gloom. WTF do people think war is like? If World War II happened now in today's world, the US and the administration would be lynched by the media.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Cicero wrote:Well, if they ever said anything positive about Iraq it would be nice. Every story is doom and gloom. WTF do people think war is like? If World War II happened now in today's world, the US and the administration would be lynched by the media.
If WWII had happened in today's world it would have been over by now.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mvscal wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:Well, y'all got a diversionary talking point established in immigration. Maybe they should devote 90% of their day to immigration instead of the current 70%.
Diversionary meaning you don't want to talk about it, right?
Pretty much. I don't think it is that big of an issue. I think terrorism, economy, war in Iraq, gas prices and spying on your country are bigger issues. Like I said, its good for the GOP because they are fucking up on all the previously mentioned issues.
why is my neighborhood on fire
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Republican displeasure with Bush is nothing short of hilarious. It's supposed to be news to these people that Bush is spineless? I'm almost convinced that it's not just posturing, in order to propel the "real" republican candidates into office.

Not.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

The approval rating matters because Republicans up for re-election must now decide whether they want Bush's support or to distance themselves from an unpopular president (depending on the state, of course). Also, it doesn't set up the GOP to get another Republican in the White House. Bush Sr. had the same approval rating at one point and it led to 8 years of Clinton.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:Well, y'all got a diversionary talking point established in immigration. Maybe they should devote 90% of their day to immigration instead of the current 70%.
Diversionary meaning you don't want to talk about it, right?
Pretty much. I don't think it is that big of an issue. I think terrorism, economy, war in Iraq, gas prices and spying on your country are bigger issues. Like I said, its good for the GOP because they are fucking up on all the previously mentioned issues.
Why does the spying on your country get to some of you so much?? Their not doing it to monitor the average joe's life but those of susupected terrorists. Shit, if it means we dont have another attack, I am all for it. I dont have anything to hide.
Eaglebauer
Elwood

Post by Eaglebauer »

Cicero wrote: Why does the spying on your country get to some of you so much??
To put it in terms you can understand---

maybe because this isn't IRAQ??