Gasoline Prices

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Don't think for a minute that only Natives would benefit.
FTFM
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:It will provide income not only to the fat cats and the employees, but also thousands of smaller shareholders such as myself...
You have to love the argument to toss the fat cats a loaf of bread and hope that some crumbs hit hit the floor where the little brown mice are hiding out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
what problem do u have with trickle down economics?------

nancy on behalf of ronnie
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

RACK Nancy!! Greatest First Lady Evah!
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

How will all of this affect Innocent Bikestander's recent Schwinn purchase? Van wants to know.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

Cicero wrote:RACK Nancy!! Greatest First Lady Evah!

:meds:
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote: Save it.

I've seen the pictures of where they are proposing to drill. It's a fucking shithole on the ass end of nowhere.
Eskimos call it home.
Are you a fucking moron or what? Eskimos want the project to move forward for many different reasons not the least of which is the fact that they are shareholders of the mineral rights for that particular dirt patch.
I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Sin,
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:The fact that people are discussing the confiscation of oil company profits without having a trial to determine whether they were legitimate or obtained as part of an illegal enterprise scares me.
The fact that companies are making more profit than any business entity in the history of the world, yet instead of paying taxes, are having taxpayer dollars HANDED TO THEM scares me. If that isn't the most glaring example of a bought-and-paid-for government, I don't know what is.

But, I'm with you -- a trial would be AWESOME. Like maybe put these people under oath this time around. And when they're caught in lies (and they WILL lie), lock them up and throw away the key. I can't think of a better way to set an example as to what happens when you completely disregard American antitrust laws, engage in collusion, provide false testimony before Congress, and conspire to take food out of the mouths of the children of America. Because that's what the evidence and testimony will show.

I'm ALL for it, bro. But, our government has been purchased, so don't look for the owners to allow themselves to be hurt by it.
88 wrote:Gasoline should cost whatever the market is willing to pay for it. If a majority of Americans are willing to pay $8 a gallon, then that is what it will cost. If, on the other hand, a majority of Americans are not willing to pay that much, and demand goes down due to more efficient cars or less miles etc., then the cost will go down, but only to a point.

Wow. You truly are a moron. You're just not catching on to the whole "bought and paid for" concept. See, this certain former president sold out the American People to a certain Eastern country, to enrich those who were greasing the wheels. This certain Eastern country is now using the ill-gotten money garnered from this shit-for-deal to drive up the price of petroleum products here in the US.

Aw, fuck it. Why would I even try and explain this to someone who posts the line I quoted above, about "supply and demand" and as a result, the "cost will go down," if the US consumer uses less, then immediately shares this bit of wisdom:
The entire world consumes oil, and consumption is increasing faster than production can keep up.
Nice work. Can we expect two rapid-fire posts in which you explain "water is wet," then follow it with "water is dry?"

Amazing ignorance.
The oil issue cannot be sorted out by legislation.
Uhm....they actually have these things called "antitrust laws," and...please tell me a fucking alleged lawyer doesn't need this explained to him? There's overwhelming evidence that these laws were and are currently being broken, which is no small part of the state of fuel prices today.

So yes...enforcing this legislation would help CONSIDERABLY. But once again, who is supposed to be enforcing it? Our bought-and-paid-for government...hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Something will be discovered to replace our dependence on oil. If not, we can have a big ass war.
So, there IS an acceptable amount of American deaths to defend your gas prices?

OK. Thanks for establishing that you're human filth.

And we've got a very brilliant strategy to promote this "something will be discovered" notion -- give the oil companies TAX DOLLARS to give them incentive and put them in charge of...discovering a way to defeat the system that's garnering them triple-record profits.

There's a sure-fire winner. Nevermind that there's Security Exchange Laws that prohibit them from doing exactly what's been asked of them...but we shouldn't let that stop the Criminal in Chief from giving them our hard-earned money anyway, right?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yes, any first lady (caps left out intentionally) that advocates setting official national policy based upon what an astrologer told her has to be considered amongst the all-time greats.

Dumbass.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

People get raped by fast food, credit card companies and a host of shit they turn a blind eye to but yet you mention gasoline and they go ballistic.

YES YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF!

We welcome your awakening from the long coma.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

jtr wrote:

When Flubber starts throwing you these signs...

There's a good chance you may want to unplug the keyboard.

m2
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Y2K wrote:...credit card...
Any time those two words are mentioned, I masturbate and two kittens are killed: Nocalsnowgirl and Indy Clown.

Sin,

Russ in Sactown
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Y2K wrote:People get raped by fast food
And when the American People discover that fast food outfits are colluding to regulate the supplies of beef and produce and whatnot, to ensure that you have no other choice but to hand over your money to them, the fast food industry should expect to pay for their crimes, as well.

Last I checked, American troops weren't dying to defend McDonald's "right" to cheap Australian dairy beef.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Hey at least a few died so Subway could get into the land of sand.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

W. Cohen wrote:How will all of this affect Innocent Bikestander's recent Schwinn purchase? Van wants to know.
it takes a while to brillopad a banana clean
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:And while you're at it, you can give these amateurs a lessen in antitrust litigation against Big Oil:
So, a panel of judges who were appointed by the Bought-And-Paid-For...found in favor of the Owners?

Wow. You sure showed me.

You're really not grasping the whole concept of "fundamental change" very well.
Last edited by Dinsdale on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

I cant remember the last time anything on this board made me laugh out loud..........This thread just did-RACK mvscal and dins

:lol:
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:The fact that people are discussing the confiscation of oil company profits without having a trial to determine whether they were legitimate or obtained as part of an illegal enterprise scares me. What is next?
A trial before we tax someone? Gawd you are a tard.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Moving Sale wrote:
88 wrote:The fact that people are discussing the confiscation of oil company profits without having a trial to determine whether they were legitimate or obtained as part of an illegal enterprise scares me. What is next?
A trial before we tax someone? Gawd you are a tard.
Like I said,

Wind fall tax=cost passed to the consumer.

WIN WIN :)

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

And when they start taxing parents of Down's Syndrome kids you better move to Canada.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Dinsdale wrote:A few bullets to the heads of the CEO's and board members of big oil companies should send a message. It would be like the Boston Tea Party, but we could call it the Texas Blood Party. Why waste good oil, when there's worthless, defective brains to spill in the horbor, instead?
Did you read in the Exxon chief's retirement package that he's going to have something like 3 years of free security? I wonder why? You see them or family members getting whacked, it would be interesting to see if prices start coming back down.

Since we're on the subject, anyone bought locking gas caps for their vehicles yet? Around here, it could be like Mad Max by Summer.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PA legislators are talking about temporarily suspending gasoline taxes. Ed Rendell is not fond of the plan...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04147/322042.stm
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Atomic Punk wrote:Since we're on the subject, anyone bought locking gas caps for their vehicles yet? Around here, it could be like Mad Max by Summer.
That reminds me of a story about my dad. My dad had this old 1950 Dodge Fluid drive car that resembled one of those cars you'd see in the movies that had the Generals star flag flappin'...

Anyway, we were driving down the street one day and we saw this guy siphoning gas from a car. It didn't look like he was stealing the gas, but it just showed that we might have transitioned into the state of Missouri...

Siphoning Points in Missouri:

Short rubber hose................. check
Gas can................................ check
Wife Beater shirt................... check
cigarette in mouth................. check

I didn't have to question my dad about the safety hazards involving gasoline and a lit cigarette in your mouth. I do however remember that as we drove by that we both covered our eyes. A flash explosion could damage the retina's and such.

Rip City
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I just got off the phone with this company and ordered a locking gas cap as the "construction workers" around here have depleted all stock of garden hoses and gas cans in this area.

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx ... id=froogle

Free shipping through the 29th.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.