Duke suspends two charged LaCrosse players

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Duke suspends two charged LaCrosse players

Post by Cicero »

Duke Suspends players

This is some fucking bullshit. Does charged mean guilty? I hope that fucking skank rots in hell.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Duke suspends two charged LaCrosse players

Post by MuchoBulls »

Cicero wrote:This is some fucking bullshit. Does charged mean guilty? I hope that fucking skank rots in hell.
I see where you're going with this, but I have to disagree with you. The University is already under enough heat as it is. Think of how much worse it would be if the University would have just let the players resume classes. They did the right thing.

I do agree with the take on the skank.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Cicero wrote:Duke Suspends players

This is some fucking bullshit. Does charged mean guilty? I hope that fucking skank rots in hell.
The law has to presume them innocent. Duke University is under no such constraint. The best thing these kids can do is to get the hell out of Durham anyway.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I agree that they need to get out of Durham. But the semester is almost over. If not from the pressure from the local community, they wouldnt have been suspended.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

My favortie part about this whole thing is Jesse Jackson and the rainbow coalition deciding to pay for her shcooling b/c they don't feel she should have to degrade herself dancing to put herself through school and support her children.

Do you know how many people do this on a regular basis? I went to college with 3 girls who danced to support themselves... Its a job- just like anything else. He really needs to learn to mind his own fucking buisness
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

BBMarley wrote:My favortie part about this whole thing is Jesse Jackson and the rainbow coalition deciding to pay for her shcooling b/c she's a black victim. (supposedly)
FTFY.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Trev is the shiznit.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

trev wrote:
BBMarley wrote:My favortie part about this whole thing is Jesse Jackson and the rainbow coalition deciding to pay for her shcooling b/c she's a black victim. (supposedly)
FTFY.
Yeah- becasue they would never do that for a white girl. Thanks for the fix Trev. BTW- did you buy your Saints Jersey yet?
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cicero wrote:I agree that they need to get out of Durham. But the semester is almost over. If not from the pressure from the local community, they wouldnt have been suspended.
That's like saying if not for the presence of the sun there wouldn't be light. It's true, but that doesn't change a damn thing. The only recourse these kids might have is for a refund of fees paid for this semester.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

BSmack wrote:The best thing these kids can do is to get the hell out of Durham anyway.

why?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Sirfindafold wrote:
BSmack wrote:The best thing these kids can do is to get the hell out of Durham anyway.
why?
Did you see what happened to Reginald Denny?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karen-rus ... 19518.html

The defense says their timeline proves that neither Finnerty nor Seligmann were at the party at the time of the alleged rape.

If the evidence withstands scrutiny, Seligmann's paper and digital trail sounds compelling. The defense says the combination of cell phone records, the ATM receipts and the cab driver Mostafa's testimony that he picked up Seligmann and another man from the house proves that Seligmann couldn't have committed the crime.

What's looks good for Seligmann might just hurt his teammates. When Mostafa came back to pick up a second fare, he said an angry woman was leaving the party. Plus, he heard someone say "She's just a stripper. She's going to call the police."

Does this imply that something bad happened that night? Does it bolster the complaining witness's credibility?
something bad happened.
on a short leash, apparently.
Risa

Post by Risa »

You're not trying to keep an open mind. Both of your posts skew on the sides of the players and you don't ask any questions that show the massive holes in the defense story as well. Like:

1. Why did they hire two black strippers and not only lie about the numbers that were supposed to be there but the team that they were supposed to be. Telling the strippers they were the track team and it would be 10 - 15 guys

2. According to the defense nothing happened. In their time stamped photos there is a twenty minute gap and that time they said she was in the bathroom painitng her nails and that also was the time she performed. SO if you believe their story a stripper showed up pissy drunk, stumbling, passed out on the floor (the first pic they have is of her passed out with the other stripper standing over her) then she got up, went to the bathroom painted her nails, came out performed and then left...all in twenty minutes...and they paid her for that transaction?

3. Who lets a drunk, stumbling, injured stripper perform for them? Wouldn't they be afraid that she would claim they caused her injuries? Why would you pay for that service?

4. What stripper u know leaves $400 behind? Her purse and shoe where in the house? Why?

5. Defense had the time stamped photos early. BUT they didn't take them to the DA or police, they went to the media. Initially they wouldn't let the media see them. THEN they started shoeing them to the media. Why the delay? Do u know how easy it is to mess with a time stamped photo?

6. She had press on nails. So she went into the bathroom to paint her PRESS ON NAILS. Would there be DNA under fake nails? Did she claw at them and made contact, injure them? The fact that 75-80% of rape cases lack DNA doesn't matter to you?

7. Is there an ATM photo of ol' boy at the machine or is there just a receipt?

8. If there was all of this evidence as proof that some of the guys didn't do it, why not take it to the police? The DA? Better to have your client NEVER indicted then to have him indicted.

9. And you mention the strippers criminal past? What about the Boys, you gonna mention their's. Or does it only matter if the strippers have credibility issues?

The Boys stories are full of holes. Hell more so then ol girls in some cases. There r still too many unanswered questions and you're only asking half of them. Try being more open minded in the futre.
By: tsjohnson5 on April 21, 2006 at 01:32pm
Flag: [abusive] [best of]

What's amusing is how some folks in the media have taken sides in the case, although they claim to be impartial.

Examples: Rita Cosby and Nancy Grace, both of whom displayed righteous indignation at the plight of the victimized female (there's ALWAYS a victimized female involved on their shows, isn't there?). Cosby and Grace not only convicted the guys on Day 1, they practically volunteered for castration duty using a dull instrument.

On the other side, the Fox News crew, Joe Scarborough and Tucker Carlson were initially skeptical and now practically froth at the mouth when they talk about that alleged victim.

Even funnier is watching Cosby, Grace et al trying to get their minds around the idea that Joren van der Sloot might not be guilty after all. They convicted him on the air long ago, and now that more suspects have come to light, they look pretty foolish. (Caveat: I also think Joren is guilty of something, but I'm not sure what.)

In any case, our news media -- especially the cable nets -- continue their steady drift into Tabloid Land.
By: Merlin7 on April 21, 2006 at 02:14pm
Why is there a gap?

What happened during the gap?
Risa

Post by Risa »

I will not make full judgement until all the facts come out but it does appear that the prosecution does have a lot of hurdles to get over. First, the cab driver's testimony is unimpeachable. All he did was pick up a fare. He also stated that when the suspect entered the cab he had on a short sleeved shirt and pants which does not bode well for the prosecution. The photos do show that most of the party goers were in shorts so that does raise the question why did the prosecution make the statement it did. Next, the other strippers opinion is worthless because she did not witness the attack or anything that would make her think that there was an attack. She stated that she does believe that something happened after stating that she didn't know if anything happened. I have to say that if we didn't live in the age of technology that we live in these lacroose players lives would be gone. Let's see what is saving them (1) digitial photos with timestamps embeded in the picture, (2) cell phone call to a cab company, (3) as a result of this cell phone call - a pickup, (4) caller id, (5) timeswipe card used at dorm, (5) receipt from fast food restaurant - not hightech (6) DNA - came back negative even though the defendants had scratches and bruises on her which should leave DNA on either her or the attacker. As a result of the time information available it makes it unlikely though not impossible that the one suspect could have been involved in the rape. In addition he would have had to run to the cab pickup to add the additional time necessary to commit a rape. In addition since the accusser fought the attackers he would have had to staighten out his clothing before meeting the cabby. I know he is an athlete but after running to the pickup his clothes were perfect and he showed no signs of sweating seems unlikely. As it is often stated the police have to be carefull about handling a suspect because you never know when somebody will point a camcorder in your direction. I think individuals making false accusations should beware as well because you never know what hightech defense stuff is available.
By: pa104inf on April 21, 2006 at 10:50am
yeah.

she shouldn't have cried rape. if no rape occurred.
she just should have told the truth.

they did something to her.

fry 'em.

but you don't yell rape if no rape occurred.
Risa

Post by Risa »

Can any JD's out there comment about the consequences of the father of one of the accused having a private conversation with a potential witness in this trial (cab driver)? I am very much a lay person and so my untrained mind would think that a private conversation between a potential key witness and a relative of a defendent (who is a person of means) could possibly amount to undue influence? Witness tampering? The fact that he remembers what the accused looked like, what he ate, what time he was picked up and dropped off and the exact amount tip but cannot remember the face of the other fare seems extremely suspicious to me. I am very curious about this.

By: krd on April 21, 2006 at 07:16pm
Is this also true?
Risa

Post by Risa »

I like to read a ACC sports messageboard. Anyway, when this first broke a few different people posted claiming they knew people at the party. According to these people there were racial slurs hurled at the alleged victim and comments about her weight. There is still the possibility a rape occurred but I think it more likely she was humiliated by a group of spoiled assholes and decided to get even and she has....and then some. And you know, I'm having a hard time feeling bad for these guys. They look like complete pricks who have grown up with a sense of entitlement. The Finnerty kid and two of his friends jumped someone for no reason up in DC, making all sorts of homophobic comments. Really, while I don't think they're rapists I do think they're most likely complete dicks. It's funny, when this first came out all the lacrosse players wore their sweats around campus in a show of unity.....I'd love to see these spoiled punks do that now, preferably at the mall or somewhere else in Durham. Still, I guess even douchebags don't deserve to be sent to prison for a crime they did not commit.
By: ConsAreCrooks on April 21, 2006 at 09:25pm
And this is what I think happened. Thank you ConsAreCrooks.

She was a thick dark-skinned blonde weave wearing sister who would have made a music video.

They fucked her over.

She took it too far in getting back at them.

But they're no saints. They're no angels. They need to spend some time in jail, and learn how to treat women.

There is no 'she's just a stripper'.
Risa

Post by Risa »

the only way any of the DA s move made any sense is that a urine test was done with the rape kit. if so one of the 3 date most widely used rape drugs was identified. that would have alerted the DA almost immediately that a rape had occured.that finding..if indeed the sister was raped would lead to who administered the drug and where it came from.this would lead to a spate of plea bargaining heretofore unheard of. if either the alleged victim is lying or the DA is being instigated to sandbag by karl rove or some other nefarious entity, it will be a blow against future rape victims that will be terrible. if she were indeed "mickyfinned" that would account for the timeline differences.the accused are really not acting innocent though. when you are a rich whiteboy, protected by a criminal justice system that is specifically set up to give you every benifit of a doubt and at the same time deny your black accuser every benifit of a doubt and you feel the need to lawyer up..it looks as guilty as hell.if i were accused of rape and i knew i didn't and there was no DNA or date rape drug or chance of pressure being put on a witness to rat me out..i would not waste money on a lawyer. only the truly guilty or the permanently guilty (black folks) need to lawyer up.
By: drow1stboy on April 22, 2006 at 12:55am
well this is a new one. sounds like speculation though. put it on the backburner for now.
Risa

Post by Risa »

I admire Ryan's comments above, since Oral sex is mentioned and considered.

The Gentlemen of Duke hired that gal for blow-jobs and everyone knows it. The very last thing on earth that young members of America's Richer class would buy or pay for is Stripping.

The void over blow-jobs is not unexpected, and very very much ironic. This class enjoyed and hypocritically legislated for the Impeachment of a duly elected President of the United States. They wrote the book on blow-job politics and now the backlash is here.

If its a case of unintended consequences or just plain happenstance, I think this gal deserves huge compensation from the Duke Families. She, after all, should be rewarded for her ability to exploit this opportunity for gain...that is American, as somebody once said...American as Apple Pie!
By: joeseo on April 22, 2006 at 01:04pm
well, i guess you were right, Dinsdale.

but they didn't find any semen or whatnot in her mouth, right?

so we've got a bunch of kids who've lied about who they were (understandable), and how many of them there were going to be (NOT kosher), and they expected sex acts with stripping, and that's what set this off. besides the racial epithets and the weight shit.

Fry 'em. Attempted forced oral sex is a form of rape. Unless this is, again, just more speculation.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Those wacky whores! :lol:
pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

Risa wrote:There is no 'she's just a stripper'.
WTF? Hell yes, that is exactly what it is. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Why is it so difficult for you to call a spade a spade?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Risa wrote:well, i guess you were right, Dinsdale.

but they didn't find any semen or whatnot in her mouth, right?
I guess that's a case where spitting wasn't a good idea?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown