$272.4 billion and counting

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

$272.4 billion and counting

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Good thing the Republicans believe in small governement.

[web]http://costofwar.com[/web]
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

Yeah well we still have troops in Kosovo/Serbia oh and we're spending a few million to blow up space probes on the moon so we can maybe leave this place someday.

Might want to post some substance in your threads instead of cutting and pasting some crap that we really give no care about.

In all honesty sure we are spending too much on the war but us bickering about it here on this message board isnt going to do diddly squat about it, dude. If thing like this matter to you get off your fat ass, put down the cheetos, wash off your cheeseball grill, put on your xl overalls and get in your soccer mom minivan and drive it up to DC and go lure one of the gay senators to a hotel room and do what you do best, suck!
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I really don't think my bills are fully realized in that number.

Love,
VA hospitals
why is my neighborhood on fire
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

You should see my Ruth's Chris bills.

Sincerely,
Zycolon
Life's Pretty Straight Without Jimmy Medalions.
DMike316
Elwood

Post by DMike316 »

RACK! e and EMonst
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

That was my starting salary right out of FSU.

sin,

Cicero
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Roach wrote:The cost of war is so high we can't fathom the amount. A quarter Trillon $? wtf? Compared to our total economy what's that? a lot. How do you measure it?
Well, let's put it this way, Roach -- YOUR end of it...you, your wife, your family...is on the hook for about $75,000 at this point. And rising. You've got that laying around, right?

Still think this government/administration is looking out for your better interest?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

All debt will be paid.
Sincerely,
Project Mayhem
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

If the US economy tanks
--so will the world !!

sin--
the Great Depression
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote: About a squirt of piss in the ocean.

Our economy has generated about 33 trillion dollars over the same period of time.
Actually it is closer to 1% you lying racist tard. Even a small Ocean like the Indian has around 300 million cu km of water. 1% of that is still many times the amount of water in the Hudson Bay. Hardly a piss.

Lie Lie Lie. That's ALL you do.
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Re: $272.4 billion and counting

Post by Risa »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:Good thing the Republicans believe in small governement.
Bush and the PNAC are not real Republicans.
They just take the label and do with it
what they will under it.
on a short leash, apparently.
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

Dinsdale wrote:
Roach wrote:The cost of war is so high we can't fathom the amount. A quarter Trillon $? wtf? Compared to our total economy what's that? a lot. How do you measure it?
Well, let's put it this way, Roach -- YOUR end of it...you, your wife, your family...is on the hook for about $75,000 at this point. And rising. You've got that laying around, right?

Still think this government/administration is looking out for your better interest?
read an op/ed piece today in the paper (USA Today?) where dude was talking about how maybe it would be better if Americans didn't have withholding taken out of every paycheck, and that if Americans had to cut a check quarterly like small business owners and the self-employed that there'd be a lot stronger and immediate call for fiscal restraint. it wouldn't spiral out of control nearly as quickly. when people can feel the cuts, they're more apt to be responsible about the cuts and to better demand others be responsible about the cuts too. but when it's taken out of every paycheck, out of sight out of mind until it becomes just numbers.

as for what Roach is saying, he's right, it is too big to fathom. after a while it just becomes numbers. it has to hit you at home.
on a short leash, apparently.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:If the numbers are right....

$273,184,855,617 divided by 298,517,009 equals: $915.14 per US citizen so far for the entire Iraq War.

$915.14 per US citizen divided by 1,120 days since the Iraq War began on March 20, 2003 equals: $0.82 per US citizen per day.

Wow. This Iraq War sure is expensive.
I was actually citing some crap I just read(which has since been forgotten), but your numbers sound reasonable.

And if you factor in mvscalonomics, we're actually MAKING money off of it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I'd rather keep the thousand bucks and the thousand plus soldiers that have died.

But that's just my preference.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Of course it's a sinkhole for countless billion$, but don't forget the simultaneou sinkhole of America's credibility and prestige. As it is, the best the squirming neocons can now boast is of a Fear of America. The Military Industrial Complex has seemingly triumphed beyond its wildest dreams. That is, a permanent state of extremely expensive war supplies to be used against an abstract noun. A war that can by all accounts never be completed. Unfortunately for those of us not insane or panicked by fear, the reality of such a national policy is completely fake, untenable, illegal, and grossly immoral.

At least Rummy is going down. It's a start.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I'm going to sport a Guy Fawkes mask and espouse anti-establishment poetry as I rip shit up.
88, you shave your head and look all doe-eyed pretty.

Diogenes, you go long.
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

Bizzarofelice wrote:88, you shave your head and look all doe-eyed pretty.
If by "doe" you mean balls and by "eyed" you mean in my mouth, I'm totally down.

Sincerely,

PrimeX
Life's Pretty Straight Without Jimmy Medalions.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:Got any suggestions on how to do that after the House voted 296-133 and the Senate voted 77-23 to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq LINK? Or are we just going to bitch about it forever?
That is not what it says. Can you read? It says Bush can attack IF... Not Bush can attack... Bush can attack IF.

Fuck you are stupid.. or a lying sack of shit... or both.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Did you see quote marks around the word if? No 'cause I was not quoting the HR. The HR says...
(a) Authorization.--The President is authorized to use the Armed
Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and
appropriate in order to--
(1) defend the national security of the United States
against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and
(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council
resolutions regarding Iraq.

Not he can attack. He can attack to defend our security or to enforce UN resolutions. That is what the word "if' means you stupid twat.

Again. Can you read?

How about the next part of the HR? Did you read that? Says the POTUS must do something before he attacks right? So he can attack .....IF.

Fuck you are a stupid twat.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:Trying to talk intelligently with Moving Sale is like trying to play lawn tennis with a meal worm.
A pic of a white flag would have worked better.

What a vapid fuck you are.