Welcome to the New Reich (Spellcheck courtesy of PSU)

The best of the best
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Gen. George C. Marshall

Millard Tydings
He didn't accuse either of them of being security risks, dumb fuck
Tydings was elected as a Democrat to the 68th and 69th sessions of the U.S. Congress (March 4, 1923-March 3, 1927), and was not a candidate for renomination in 1926, having become a candidate for the United States Senate. He was elected to the Senate in 1926, 1932, 1938 and 1944 and served from March 4, 1927, to January 3, 1951. During this time he headed a committee to investigate the early claims of Joseph McCarthy and the penetration of the federal government and military by communism. The committee published a report denouncing Joseph McCarthy and his claims as a hoax. When he ran for re-election in 1950, a composite picture of Tydings with a suspected communist he had never even met was circulated. He was subsequently defeated by John M. Butler. He managed to be nominated in 1956 as Democratic candidate for the Senate, but withdrew before the election due to personal health issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millard_Tydings
I guess McCarthy liked to wytch pics?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Cuda needs to understand that just because Ann Coulter has assigned herself a McCarthy rehabilitator doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of easily available evidence around of his bullshit.

Envisioning cuda understanding anything is a pretty tall order, though. That's generally why he's run in a couple of posts by the least of us.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal, from that article, it appears all McCarthy did was call Acheson & Marshall a couple of bungling fucktards- not security risks; and called Truman a blissful idiot. I can't find any disagreement with those sentiments

Monica, all your quote suggests is that McCarthy may have benefitted from someone wytching a pic on his behalf. You're, as always, a dumb fuck
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Cuda wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Since we're now on McCarthy, please allow me to square the circle.

Back in the Stone Age when I was in high school, I recall my European history teacher telling us that McCarthy should be praised, rather than villified (and yes, I have a very long memory). I disagreed vehemently with that comment. Did I report him? Hell, no. Was I somehow emotionally scarred by the experience of being exposed to an opinion I disagreed with as an impressionable teen? No way.

So tell me, what is any different at all about this situation, other than the fact that Cuda disagrees with this teacher but apparently agreed with my teacher?
1. McCarthy has a lot more to do with history than the president has to do with geography
European history? Remember, that was the course.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:...all your quote suggests is that McCarthy may have benefitted from someone wytching a pic on his behalf.
Ah, the Claude Rains defense. How typical of you Cooter.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Cuda wrote:
1. McCarthy has a lot more to do with history than the president has to do with geography
European history? Remember, that was the course.
What part of "McCarthy has a lot more to do with history than the president has to do with geography" don't you fucking understand?

Oh, wait... you're a lawyer; being a moron when necessary is part of the job description. Let me explain it to you. Please read slowly so you get it all

McCarthy is a historical figure. He may even have some plausible connection to European history. The president has no connection to the subject of geography.
Last edited by Cuda on Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:McCarthy is a historical figure. He may even have some plausible connection to European history. The president has no connection to the subject of geography.
You mean other than his attempts to redraw the map of the middle east?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
Cuda wrote:mvscal, from that article, it appears all McCarthy did was call Acheson & Marshall a couple of bungling fucktards- not security risks; and called Truman a blissful idiot. I can't find any disagreement with those sentiments
He accused the Army Chief of Staff of advancing Soviet interests at the expense of our own. I would have to call that a security risk.
I would call that a bungling fucktard. A security risk is someone who could become- or already is- a spy
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

He accused the Army Chief of Staff of advancing Soviet interests at the expense of our own.
Wow...what a Great American.

It's awfully funny how McCarthy saw things that way, and now many in the Bush Administration are so admiring of the nation-building efforts of Marshall. We're getting into rarified air for vapid mouth-breathers like Coulter, Hannity, and coodles.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Cuda wrote:He may even have some plausible connection to European history.
Link?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

PSUFAN wrote:
He accused the Army Chief of Staff of advancing Soviet interests at the expense of our own.
Wow...what a Great American.

It's awfully funny how McCarthy saw things that way, and now many in the Bush Administration are so admiring of the nation-building efforts of Marshall.
After 50 years, the Marshall plan bought us little more than an ungrateful Western Europe.

All the Bush nation building is buying us is ungrateful muzzies.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Cuda wrote:all McCarthy did was call Acheson & Marshall a couple of bungling fucktards- not security risks; and called Truman a blissful idiot. I can't find any disagreement with those sentiments
:meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds:
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

I've recorded the last several pages of this thread and this thread isn't supposed to be about McCarthy, so you're all in trouble.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:If you are in a position of authority and responsibility in Country A and are working to advance the interests of Country B, you are a spy.
If you're doing it secretly, yes, you're a spy. But if you're doing it openly and with the blessing of the president, you're a bungling fucktard.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

mvscal wrote:If you are in a position of authority and responsibility in Country A and are working to advance the interests of Country B, you are a spy.
Read that a few times and maybe you'll realize just how stupid it sounds, or maybe not.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:I've recorded the last several pages of this thread and this thread isn't supposed to be about McCarthy, so you're all in trouble.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote: In other words, your complaint is with FDR and Truman not Marshall. Marshall's duty was to execute policy not formulate it.
Essentially correct- although it was Marshall's job to formulate policy too, executing it required permission. That doesn't let Marshall off the hook for being a bungling fucktard, it just means FDR & Truman tolerated it
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
Marshall's career and service to this country
I laughed.

This is the same George Marshall who was "out horseback riding" on 12/7/41 isn't it?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

"Cuda Familiarizes Himself with the McCarthy Legacy Hour" is at an end for today. Thanks as always to the participants, we'll see you next week, same time, same channel.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dins, your Bush/Hitler comparisons and facts fall completely flat because you're not taking into account matters of degrees.

Hitler and Bush both curtailed civil rights? You consider that a valid point of comparison??

LOL!!!

Forget being a teacher/ravisher of low self esteem havin' fat chix...you should be a lawyer!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

your Bush/Hitler comparisons and facts fall completely flat because you're not taking into account matters of degrees.
wow..."kettle calling the teapot black" has rarely been embodied more stirringly...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote:Hitler and Bush both curtailed civil rights? You consider that a valid point of comparison??
Yes, of course. Exterminating six million people is exactly the same as reserving the possibility of examining your library records should the need arise.

You must be blind not to see the similarities.
Not the same of course, but that completely ignores the fact that I don't want the federal government looking at what books I check out of my public library. Nor should anyone who's concerned about civil rights.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Not the same of course, but that completely ignores the fact that I don't want the federal government looking at what books I check out of my public library. Nor should anyone who's concerned about civil rights.
Well, I don't really give a flying fuck what you want. How do you them apples, piss-stained handwringer.
In English, please?

In any event, you were close enough to disclose your position on civil rights. Thanks for playing.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

88 wrote:
mvscal wrote: Yes, of course. Exterminating six million people is exactly the same as reserving the possibility of examining your library records should the need arise.

You must be blind not to see the similarities.
Not the same of course, but that completely ignores the fact that I don't want the federal government looking at what books I check out of my public library. Nor should anyone who's concerned about civil rights.
If it comes down to the federal government looking at my library selections and my personal security, I'm going to let the federal government look at my library selections. Just sayin'.
Sorry, I don't see this as an either/or choice.
We always balance freedom against security. Always.
No argument there, but . . .
Here is an example. The federal government does not allow citizens to possess automatic weapons. Why? Because they are dangerous and could present a serious security threat. Does that violate your civil rights?
Again, apples and kumquats. The books I check out from the library won't kill anybody, unless I happen to drop them on someone's head from a really high place. But that's not what I'm doing with them.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:The books I check out from the library won't kill anybody, unless I happen to drop them on someone's head from a really high place. But that's not what I'm doing with them.
The government doesn't give a fuck about the books YOU check out from the library.
Doesn't really matter whether they do or not. I would prefer that the government in general, and this Administration in particular, not have that power in the first place.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:Tough shit for you then.

When are you leaving?
And leave this country to you and your ilk? Not on your life.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:You're a fucking pussy and you know it.
Says the person who hides behind a keyboard for the purpose of dropping various racial epithets and other ad hominems.

Way to go, 101st Fighting Keyboarder. :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I don't want the federal government looking at what books I check out of my public library.
Lots of livestock selections on your monthly check-out list won't raise any red flags, Terry.

Rest easy, big fella.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:I don't want the federal government looking at what books I check out of my public library.
Lots of livestock selections on your monthly check-out list won't raise any red flags, Terry.

Rest easy, big fella.
Not where Terry lives that's for damn sure. ;)

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

poptart wrote:
Maybe not, but given who's in charge right now, books critical of the current Administration will, at least to them.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

BSmack wrote:
poptart wrote:

Rest easy, big fella.
Not where Terry lives that's for damn sure. ;)
Hey, don't you live in East Bloomfield? If so, you're as far into the sticks as I am. :wink:
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:Right...because Dubya has so ruthlessly suppressed all critics and criticism of the administration.
He has accused his critics of being unpatriotic, of giving aid and comfort to the enemy, etc., etc. Oh wait, my bad -- he hasn't done that. :meds: But his surrogates certainly have.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSU, when the discussion centers around Bush being compared to Hitler it's not an example of "pot/kettle" to ask how you'd feel if some extremist wacko (whacko? sp?) was taking time from teaching your kid algebra to go off on absurd tangents.

Hell, it's already happened...and thus we have this thread.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

So when a bunch of middle eastern guys wanted to take flying lessons but didn't want to learn anything about taking off or landing, that shouldn't have made a big red light go off DING! DING! DING! DING!!!

What kind of civil liberty is that violating? I'm sure there about 3,000 dead people who would have wished they had something like that in place.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:He has accused his critics of being unpatriotic, of giving aid and comfort to the enemy, etc., etc. Oh wait, my bad -- he hasn't done that. :meds: But his surrogates certainly have.
My God, what a fucking dripping vag you are. You need a kleenex, you fucking crybaby? You allege government suppression of critics and this is all you can come up with?

Fuck off, douche.
Move the goalposts much?

Point me exactly to where I said anything about suppression of critics. All I said was that I didn't want this administration having the power to look at what I (or other people, for that matter) are checking out from the library, given their attitude toward those who are critical of them.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:Right...because Dubya has so ruthlessly suppressed all critics and criticism of the administration.
He has accused his critics of being unpatriotic, of giving aid and comfort to the enemy, etc., etc. Oh wait, my bad -- he hasn't done that. :meds: But his surrogates certainly have.
Whether he has or not is irrelevant since the comparison being made is to Hilter and Nazi Germany, where accusations of that sort immediately led to brandings, property seizures, round ups and execution.

Nothing of the sort is even remotely imaginable by any sane person here. There's no way Bush or any U.S. president is ever going to be able to label an entire race, religion or ethnic group and then set out publicly to destroy them, and that's the parallel that must be made before the Hitler/Bush comparison becomes valid.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

TenTallBen wrote:

So when a bunch of middle eastern guys wanted to take flying lessons but didn't want to learn anything about taking off or landing, that shouldn't have made a big red light go off DING! DING! DING! DING!!!

What kind of civil liberty is that violating? I'm sure there about 3,000 dead people who would have wished they had something like that in place.
And they learned about flying planes by reading books? :meds: :meds: :meds:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to go through the federal government to get a pilot's license. I'm certainly not opposed to that, and that gave (or at least, should have given, had they not been asleep at the wheel) the federal government enough oversight on that particular matter.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Van wrote:
Whether he has or not is irrelevant since the comparison being made is to Hilter and Nazi Germany, where accusations of that sort immediately led to brandings, property seizures, round ups and execution.
We got off topic. We're not discussing the Bush/Hitler comparison anymore. 11 page threads have a way of doing that.

Besides, like I said before, even that wasn't really the initial topic anyway.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

George Bush hurt Terry's feelings...?

What a cunt.

I mean Terry.
Terry, he's the cunt.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Move the goalposts much?

Point me exactly to where I said anything about suppression of critics. All I said was that I didn't want this administration having the power to look at what I (or other people, for that matter) are checking out from the library, given their attitude toward those who are critical of them.
Right here, dipshit.
poptart wrote: Lots of livestock selections on your monthly check-out list won't raise any red flags, Terry.
Maybe not, but given who's in charge right now, books critical of the current Administration will, at least to them.
Refers back to raising of red flags, that's all. Doesn't say anything about suppressing criticism.

Do you deny that if this administration knew that someone had checked out a book critical of the administration, it wouldn't raise a red flag with them?