Cheney shoots something other than his own foot

The best of the best
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

War Wagon wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote: ...not just anyone can get admitted to law school, let alone graduate from it. From what I've seen of you, you definitely could not.
Not that I ever aspired to being a scumbag lawyer as a profession, but since you say that you got in and graduated, it couldn't possibly be that tough.
Obviously, it would be tougher than you could handle, academically speaking.
I know enough about college football to know that Missouri will win a national championship right around never. :wink: That's apparently more than you know about college football.
Never said they would. So what's your point? Oh, my bad, much like all of the boring assinine drivel you post, you don't have one.
My point, shit-for-brains, is that you continue to root for a team which you know, going in, has no shot at a national championship, ever. Talk about KYOA, but then again, that would appear to apply to every facet of your pathetic life.
Um, ok...and you rival an igneous rock for originality and creativity. Frodo is 1000 times more readable and entertaining than you are, you superlatively mundane gimp.

While we're making comparisons, the only poster who rivals you for being more clueless is dungslinger.

I really hope for your families sake that you're better at lawyering than you are at smack, because quite frankly, your smack blows.
That's not smack, I'm being serious as a heart attack, pun not intended.
No shit that's not smack. You couldn't smack your way out of a wet paper bag, so big surprise.
:meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds:

Pot, meet kettle.
And what "pun not intended", you gloriously ignorant cunt? There has to be a pun, before you can unintentionally use it.

Wow, I'm in a war of words with an un-armed man.
Straight up, you're an idiot. If you were the pimply-faced teenager I used to think you were based on your smack, I would tell you to do the world a favor and not reproduce. Whittington had a heart attack.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Moving Sale wrote:
titlover wrote: perjury is a felony
Clinton never perjured himself.
this isn't.
How do we know? The cops didn't show up for over 12 hrs.
sorry. reality says otherwise. why did he get his law license suspended then?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

titlover wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:
titlover wrote: perjury is a felony
Clinton never perjured himself.
this isn't.
How do we know? The cops didn't show up for over 12 hrs.
sorry. reality says otherwise. why did he get his law license suspended then?
His law license was never suspended. He gave it up because he had no need for it and didn't want to create a distraction during his wife's Senate campaign. Had Clinton actualy WANTED to practice law in Arkansas, he would have mopped the floor with you dittotards there as well.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

titlover wrote: reality says otherwise.
Reality says you are full of shit.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

B-Monica wrote: His law license was never suspended. He gave it up because he had no need for it and didn't want to create a distraction during his wife's Senate campaign. ..
He "gave it up" because he didn't want the judge to send him to prison for perjury...-errrr, "Intentionally and knowingly giving false information in an attempt to mislead the court".
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:
B-Monica wrote: His law license was never suspended. He gave it up because he had no need for it and didn't want to create a distraction during his wife's Senate campaign. ..
He "gave it up" because he didn't want the judge to send him to prison for perjury...-errrr, "Intentionally and knowingly giving false information in an attempt to mislead the court".
Yea, because the GOP's record against him was so freakin stellar. What were they? 0-4 with the impeachemnt charges and 0-1,000,000 when it came to making anything stick to Clinton period?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm not a big Bill Clinton fan. However, one has to give him props for making a lasting impression on simpletons like cuda. Which sports more Bubba Gack - monica's dress, or cuda's echoing cranial cavity?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Do you always kick your own ass with such perfect timing, PUS?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

88 wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Cuda wrote: He "gave it up" because he didn't want the judge to send him to prison for perjury...-errrr, "Intentionally and knowingly giving false information in an attempt to mislead the court".
Yea, because the GOP's record against him was so freakin stellar. What were they? 0-4 with the impeachemnt charges and 0-1,000,000 when it came to making anything stick to Clinton period?
Clinton was impeached on two counts. One was for committing perjury before a grand jury. Your scoring needs to be updated.
Starr brought four articles of impeachment. The House of Representatives passed two and voted two down.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: Clinton was impeached on two counts. One was for committing perjury before a grand jury. Your scoring needs to be updated.
You can impeach someone for eating a ham sandwich. Your knowledge of Law needs to be updated.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Cuda wrote: "Intentionally and knowingly giving false information in an attempt to mislead the court".
Dispite your " marks that is not the definition of perjury. Do you Right Wing Tards EVER tell the truth about ANYTHING?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Moving Sale wrote:
Cuda wrote: "Intentionally and knowingly giving false information in an attempt to mislead the court".
Dithpite your " markth that ith not the definition of perjury. Do you Right Wing Tardth EVER tell the truth about ANYTHING?
You're arguing a distinction without a difference.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

That's right Cuda, knowing the definition of something when you are trying to make a point related to that some thing is a distinction without a difference.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:His law license was never suspended.
Is that what he told you?
[/quote]

You would consider that a victory. Normal people recognize that as a proper way to kick an ankle biter to the curb.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Moving Sale wrote:Thath's right Cuda, knowing the definition of thomething when you are trying to make a point related to that thome thing ith a dithtinction without a differenth.
No. Arguing that just because intnetionally & knowingly lying to the court in an attempt to mislead doesn't fit your view of perjury, said lying is then perfectly OK is arguing a distinction without a difference.

We've gone over this same topic long ago, TVO, and you managed to stomp your own ass flatter than hammered cat shit at that time. Feel free to do it all over again, if you like. I'll just pull up a chair, crack open a beer & watch you look foolish all over again
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Cuda wrote: No. Arguing that just because intnetionally & knowingly lying to the court in an attempt to mislead doesn't fit your view of perjury, said lying is then perfectly OK is arguing a distinction without a difference.
It's not about me. Perjury must be material. Not my fault you don't get that.
We've gone over this same topic long ago, TVO, and you managed to stomp your own ass flatter than hammered cat shit at that time.
Because all the Law and the Facts are on my side, but you pounded the table really hard so you 'won' the argument? Nice logic, ya stopid asshat.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:As Moving Sale has so clearly proven, Clinton did NOT commit perjury.
Still not sure what this has to do with Dick Cheney getting drunk and blasting some old man in the upper body with birdshot...
but Bubba paying people off and giving up his Bar Card is not proof of anything, unless you are a partisan hack and not a Lawyer and the it proves a lot I guess.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

88 wrote:And STFU about why he paid Paula Jones $850,000 to avoid a trial and more testimony under oath;
Paula Jones' case was frivolous. Even if everything she said was true, where were her damages?

Let's not forget that her case had been dismissed at the time it settled, although an appeal of that dismissal was pending. The case settled because it was politically embarrassing, not because it was legally meritorious.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And how exactly was gakk on a chick not named Paula Jones that hadn't made any allegations about sexaul harrassment material to the Jones coup ERRRR "case?"

If you MAKE UP allegations about the CIC in an effort to effect a change in administration in the US, the word for it is "treason." Starr, Jones, and a lot of other people should be sitting in jail for the rest of their lives for that one.

Same reason why I wouldn't support any charges being brought against Cheney without more compelling, concrete evidence than what we have at present.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote: Same reason why I wouldn't support any charges being brought against Cheney without more compelling, concrete evidence than what we have at present.
Isn't telling the cops to fuck off while your BAC lowers after you shot a guy Obstruction of Justice? You can't be down with that?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:BODE Clinton. He sure showed everyone. As Moving Sale has so clearly proven, Clinton did NOT commit perjury. And STFU about why he paid Paula Jones $850,000 to avoid a trial and more testimony under oath; paid and did not appeal a civil contempt fine of over $90,000 imposed in that case; and surrendered his law license and paid a $250,000 fine to the Arkansas Supreme Court's Committee on Professional Conduct. No way to spin it. Clinton has lifetime achievement BODE.
Pretty much. He's the most popular of the living ex-Presidents, he's financialy set for life and even his old enemies, the Bushes, want to pal up with him every chance they get. And all that money paid out was more than recouped in their first year out of the White House.

Yea, he's got some serious BODE

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Don't get me wrong -- if somebody busted a cap in Cheney, I'd be dancing in the streets, assuming it was an American who did it. I just want to see real, concrete, compelling evidence before we start running our highest officials up the flagpole, and I'm not willing to apply any sort of double-standard in terms of any Bubba/Cheney comparisons that one could make, regardless of the apples/oranges nature of those comparisons.

If that even makes sense.

I love a good conspiracy theory, but for now, I'm willing to keep Deadeye Dick's weekend exploits as just that -- a conspiracy theory. Get the Troll On The Grassy Knoll up in this bitch, and we'll talk...I want DIRT, dammit!
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote: I love a good conspiracy theory...
What conspiracy theory? He told the cops they couldn't see him till morning. He used the SS to enforce said delay. He admitted to drinking. He admitted to shooting someone.

You down with that?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:Isn't telling the cops to fuck off while your BAC lowers after you shot a guy Obstruction of Justice? You can't be down with that?
Nice try, but that isn't what happened, dumbfuck.
If I want a Racist's comments on this subject you'll be the first one I ask.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Don't be so quick to judge, MS -- you DO realize that Cheney had to call mvscal and ask for advice on handling the situation, right?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote:Don't be so quick to judge, MS -- you DO realize that Cheney had to call mvscal and ask for advice on handling the situation, right?
I'm down with the 5th Am. as much as anyone, but the cops should be able to at least see the guy.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote: Nobody gives a fuck what you want.
Then ignore me a bit better would ya?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RACK-btw.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:If that isn't good enough...well I suppose that's just tough shit for you.
If nobody cares what I want, why respond?

Dumb AND Racist, how surprising.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

88 wrote:
Associated Press wrote:On Clinton's last full day as president, Jan. 19, 2001, he agreed to a five-year license suspension. The agreement came on the condition that Whitewater prosecutors would not pursue criminal charges against him after he lied under oath about his relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Clinton accepted the penalty under a deal with Special Prosecutor Robert Ray, a successor to Kenneth W. Starr. The panel voted to disbar Clinton for five years and impose a $250,000 fine. Clinton has paid the fine.

The professional conduct committee sued Clinton in 2000, marking the first time an effort had been made to strip a sitting president of his law license. New York in 1974 disbarred President Nixon after Nixon resigned over the Watergate break-in and coverup.

Clinton settled the Arkansas case three days before he was due to answer 42 questions posed by the committee -- including several on whether he gave false or misleading statements over his relationship with Lewinsky.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10904831/

BODE Clinton. He sure showed everyone. As Moving Sale has so clearly proven, Clinton did NOT commit perjury. And STFU about why he paid Paula Jones $850,000 to avoid a trial and more testimony under oath; paid and did not appeal a civil contempt fine of over $90,000 imposed in that case; and surrendered his law license and paid a $250,000 fine to the Arkansas Supreme Court's Committee on Professional Conduct. No way to spin it. Clinton has lifetime achievement BODE.
Let's do the Cliffs Notes version:

1. Clinton copped a plea with the Special Prosecutor and agreed to have his law license suspended for 5 years in exchange for havng perjury charges dropped- which is in æffect, and for all practical purposes, a guilty plea.

2. Clinton copped a plea with the Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Professional Conduct in which he would be disbarred for 5 years and pay a 250 GRR fine which is also æffectively a guilty plea.

3. Apparently TVO isn't the only cum-drunk lawyer who, despite two separate guilty pleas, is willing to maintain that Bubba didn't do what he admitted doing.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I was gonna do this, glad I put it off for someone else.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

88 wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
88 wrote:And STFU about why he paid Paula Jones $850,000 to avoid a trial and more testimony under oath;
Paula Jones' case was frivolous. Even if everything she said was true, where were her damages?

Let's not forget that her case had been dismissed at the time it settled, although an appeal of that dismissal was pending. The case settled because it was politically embarrassing, not because it was legally meritorious.
On this point, I mostly agree with you. Paula Jones claimed that Clinton lured her to his hotel room on the pretense of interviewing her for a job promotion, and once she got there, he dropped his trousers and asked her to polish the gubernatorial knob. She declined and left the room. I am not aware of her seeking any kind of medical or psychological treatment after the incident, and thus she has no compensible damages. The legal equivalent of no harm, no foul.
IIRC, Jones, when asked about her damages at a deposition, testified that she was the only secretary in her office who did not receive flowers on Secretaries' Day. That's quite possibly the most ridiculous damages claim I've ever heard.

Also relevant to the above, IIRC Clinton acknowledged meeting Jones at a convention but denied not only that he lured her to his hotel room, but even knowing at that time that she was a state employee.
And I agree that the Paula Jones suit was politically charged from day one. Her case was Moving Sale weak, but the allegations were salacious and the defendant could be hurt by them if he admitted that they were true. He publicly denied that anything occurred in the hotel room and adopted a scorched Earth defense. So, he dispatched his Bimbo Squad to destroy her and her reputation. He could have paid her off for a fraction of what she eventually received and kept everything out of the press. But if nothing happened there and she was lying, then kudos to Clinton for standing up to blackmail.

But then he stepped over the line. The defense attorneys were handed some more salacious information. Clinton (now POTUS) was getting a regular knob job from an intern named Monica Lewinsky. This information had very little relevance, if any, to the Jones claims, but the defense argued that it showed that Clinton had a propensity to engage in the very conduct that he denied attempting to engagee in with Jones. The evidence could demonstrate a pattern of conduct. Judge Webber Wright ordered that limited discovery could be taken into the issue, and Clinton purposefully chose to lie under oath about it.
I'll agree with this part. However, zero props to Clinton's attorney, Bob Bennett, for his handling of this matter.

First, he should have brought a Rule 12(b)(6) motion out of the gate. Instead, he chose to argue that Clinton could not be sued civilly as a private citizen while Commander-in-chief. This issue got him to the Supreme Court, of course, but quite possibly to the detriment of his client. Further, he should have appealed Webber Wright's ruling on discovery.
His crime was not that he let Lewinsky slobber on his cack; it was that he lied under oath and said it didn't happen.
Whether this was an impeachable offense, however, is another matter. It obviously was not treason or bribery, and therefore was impeachable only if it rose to the level of "other high crimes and misdemeanors."

In some jurisdictions, a lie under oath is not perjury unless it is material. In some other jurisdictions, a lie under oath about a fact which is not material is perjury, but most of those jurisdictions make this offense only a misdemeanor. To get to felony perjury in those jurisdictions, the lie has to be about a material offense.

I don't think that a lie about a consensual extramarital affair is material to a sexual harassment lawsuit, and in that case, it would not be an impeachable offense.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:What Clinton did was intentionally undermine the US justice system. He gave a big "fuck you" to the Court, the opposing litigant, the independent counsel and Congress. And, he went on camera in front of the American people, wagged his finger, and said:
William Jefferson Clinton wrote:"I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time, never. These allegations are false."
Impeachable offense? I honestly don't think that anyone wanted to do that. But what do you do when someone won't own up to wrongdoing? If he had admitted that he lied because he was pissed about the entire thing, people would have forgiven and forgotten. But he chose another path, and it got him impeached. And rightly so.
If justice is having your entire life turned upside down while your political enemies find dirt on you, then perhaps it was high time someone gave a big "fuck you" to the American "court".

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:What Clinton did was intentionally undermine the US justice system.
And what Starr and the GOP did was to intentionally undermine the Executive Branch, and our system of elected officials.

Two wrongs never make a right, but which is worse? They both committed wrongs against the American People, but one was a result of the other. Which is worse? Equal? I'm not sure why people were so willing to ignore the coup that the GOP was trying to pull of with that move. It was in GROSS violation of the US Justice System, which was never intended to be used as a weapon against your political opponents. The entire episode was deplorable on both sides.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:And rightly so.
Partisan hack much?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Dinsdale wrote:
88 wrote:What Clinton did was intentionally undermine the US justice system.
And what Starr and the GOP did was to intentionally undermine the Executive Branch, and our system of elected officials.
The HUGE problem I have with Starr is the fact that he was trading information with Jones' attorneys. A prosecutor, which is what Starr essentially was, is supposed to avoid even the appearance of ethical impropriety. Colluding with the civil adversary of your target goes way beyond the appearance of impropriety.

Another problem is that Starr continued in his private practice while working as IC. One of his biggest clients was Brown & Williamson, the tobacco giant. And Clinton, as President, was the bane of Big Tobacco. Obviously, no President has ever come out in public and sided with Big Tobacco, but most have been content to stand on the sidelines and play cheerleader to their Surgeon General's attack dog viz. Big Tobacco. Not so with Clinton, and it's no secret that Big Tobacco wanted Clinton out of office, by any means possible.

Starr should have lost his law license over that investigation as well as Clinton, imho.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

88 wrote:It is Ken Starr's fault that Clinton lied and purposefully obstructed justice? Give me a fucking break.

What did Starr do wrong? What statute or code of ethics did he violate?
Again, like I said, he colluded with Jones' attorneys. That violates the ethical canon that a prosecutor should avoid even the appearance of impropriety.
Starr got unfairly tarred and feathered by Clinton's slime machine. I think it cost him a SCOTUS seat. I attended a CLE conference with Sandra Day O'Connor in 1991, while Starr was Solicitor General, and she introduced him as the near unanimous choice for the next US Supreme Court justice.
Glad you brought that one up, as I had forgotten about it.

When Brennan retired in 1990, Starr, then Solicitor General, actually made Poppy Bush's short list for Supreme Court nominees. The nomination went to David Souter, who was considered a "safer" (read: more easily confirmable) nominee than Starr. Still, when you consider that two additional vacancies on the Supreme Court came up during Clinton's first term, somebody in Starr's position would have to wonder about what might have been had the '92 election turned out differently.

Nobody put a gun to Ken Starr's head and forced him to take on the role of Independent Counsel. A reasonable person in Ken Starr's position knew, or should have known, that he would have a difficult time remaining objective, and should have turned down the appointment for that reason.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

88 wrote:If he had admitted that he lied because he was pissed about the entire thing, people would have forgiven and forgotten. But he chose another path, and it got him impeached. And rightly so.
While I agree wholeheartedly with that, 88, it's simply laughable for anyone to try to characterize Starr as having no political motivations.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

By the same token, from your own link:
In some ways, Starr was remade by his prey. Four years of chasing Clinton--hunting for wrongdoing in Whitewater and its tributaries, butting heads against the Clinton stonewall--changed the man. He and his lieutenants apparently became persuaded that they were dealing with a kind of ongoing criminal enterprise. The more Clinton stalled, the more Starr pushed. The more Starr pushed, the more Clinton stalled. And in the end, each drove the other to a kind of madness. It's a subject Starr's friends discuss gingerly.

"There was not a lot of confidence in the probity of the White House," says one. "There was a long experience with its not being forthcoming and truthful." Starr claims the experience didn't change him, but the evidence contradicts him, and so do many of his friends and allies. They say he became tougher, more aggressive, more willing to assume the worst about Clinton and his people. "The impact was almost unavoidable," says a Starr associate. "You're less likely to...give people the benefit of the doubt." Starr became less deferential, summoning Hillary Clinton to the grand jury in 1996 rather than questioning her at the White House. He relied on hard-nosed prosecutors like Bittman, Jackie Bennett Jr. and Michael Emmick. He became so intense in his pursuit that in early 1997, he authorized his agents to question Arkansas state troopers about Clinton confidants, including alleged paramours from a decade before, who might have picked up scraps about shady business deals. Starr was so sure of his righteousness that he became outraged when the story broke and people had the temerity to question his motives. For the White House, it provided a predicate offense--the first piece of evidence used to paint Starr as a sex-obsessed keyhole peeper.

The issue of Starr's perspective is central since Americans rely on prosecutors--and especially independent counsels, who wield virtually unchecked power--to exercise discretion. When Tripp showed up to spill the beans about Monica and Bill, another prosecutor--one who was more streetwise, one who hadn't been up against Clinton for so long--might have shown her the door. But Starr saw a conspiracy to obstruct justice unfolding before his very eyes. He went to the Justice Department seeking authorization to expand his investigation, and failed to remind the officials that he'd had contact years before with lawyers for Paula Jones, a fact that could have led Janet Reno to send the case elsewhere.

After an additional eight months of bitter combat--legal battles won and p.r. battles lost, charges and countercharges of leaking and lying--it was time for Starr to send his referral to Congress. When it turned out to contain graphic sexual details with no direct bearing on the perjury question, the report struck many as biased, intended to inflame opinion. Starr's reputation was sealed.
Starr is hardly the innocent, merely seeking truth and justice. And during the course of the investigation, he got too dogmatic. That's not a defense of Clinton, either -- without a doubt both brought out the worst in the other.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:If someone tells a lie under oath, they cannot be "trapped" by the lie.
What does that have to do with the fact that Cheney got drunk and shot someone about the head and shoulders?