SeaBags...no LOVE?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Qbert

SeaBags...no LOVE?

Post by Qbert »

:?:

really, what's not to love about the SeaChickens?

solid O-line, QB is playing very well, Alexander got his CHOKE game out of the way, Receivers are Catching for a change?!

SeaHags D has been pretty good...yes?

WHY AREN'T THE SEAHAWKS GETTING ANY RUN.....IN THE BEST NFL FAN FORUM WORLDWIDE?

Frankly (not F.F. Kaley), i think the choke Choke CHOKE Factor has to apply.

granted, the 'Hags finally won ONE Playoff Game.

Carolina is HOT...yes; they lost Foster....but, they seem to have a lot of momentum anyways.

the Game rides on Hasselback.

if he plays mistake free? and his defense doesn't go into BEARS Coverage on Steve Smith.....the 'Bags will WIN?

John Fox appears to be a Top 5 Coach in the League, and his TEAM is really kicking at the right time.

playing in Seattle...? what? sunny skies? Delhomme saw rain every day 'til summertime as a Hick.

Seabags should WIN this Game....they won't.

Carolina's D is faster....and can cover Wr's. Delhomme won't eat the glass dick like Brady did either.

Carolina 27
Bags 13
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What's Alexander's status?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Shoalzie wrote:What's Alexander's status?
Likely to play.

Seahawks 17
Kitties 14
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Hawks 20-17
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:What's Alexander's status?
Likely to play.

If he plays and runs well and they can control Steve Smith, they'll win. Their defense isn't quite on par with Chicago and you saw what they did to them this past weekend. I still like the Panthers in spite of the loss of Foster.

Carolina 24
Seattle 17
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

Seahawks:

Best O-line still in the playoffs. Hasselbeck is "on" right now. Alexander will have something to prove and has veteran and Pro-Bowler Max Strong lead blocking. Deepest receiving corp still in the playoffs and perhaps in the NFL (you know its true: Engram, Jackson, Hackett, Jurevicius, and 6'7" Stevens).

The defense? Well, Carolina has weapons, no doubt. But it's about containment, and that got alot easier with Foster out of the lineup. Delhomme and Smith will get theirs, but it won't be enough.

Seahawks-34
Panthra-27
From the moment we leave the forest, Dan, it's all a givin' up and adjustin'.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

GrizBearStare wrote:Seahawks:
Best O-line still in the playoffs...Deepest receiving corp still in the playoffs and perhaps in the NFL (you know its true: Engram, Jackson, Hackett, Jurevicius, and 6'7" Stevens)
:lol:

The Hawks have not been overly impressive in games against teams that bring a solid punch on both sides of the ball. The Panthers can slow down Seattle as well as anyone with a defense has all year but the only problem for Seattle is that The Panthers can score as well.

I am no more concenred for this one than I was heading into Philly two years ago. There will be little doubt throughout this game on who is controlling it.

Panthers 27
Seahawks 17
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

Dumbass wrote:
GrizBearStare wrote:Seahawks:
Best O-line still in the playoffs...Deepest receiving corp still in the playoffs and perhaps in the NFL (you know its true: Engram, Jackson, Hackett, Jurevicius, and 6'7" Stevens)
:lol:

I would be curious to hear who you think has more receiving talent (except perhaps, Indy) than what was listed above.

And the Hawks do have the best O-line in the league, again with the possible exception of KC.

The argument for the Hawks, in either case, is very strong.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

GrizBearStare wrote:And the Hawks do have the best O-line in the league, again with the possible exception of KC.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

Dumbass wrote:
GrizBearStare wrote:And the Hawks do have the best O-line in the league, again with the possible exception of KC.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Solid argument.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Well in response to your "solid" argument all I need to say is Seattle does NOT have the best O-Line in football.

What are you basing that off of?
The 141 and 4 TDs vs Houston?
The 172 and 1 TD vs Tennessee?
The 140 and 4 TDs vs Arizona

Looks real good until you get to the following:
73 yards and 0 TDs vs Jacksonville
61 yards and 0 TDs vs Dallas

Who have they played that was worth a shit that they dominated? The best O-Line in football and the reigning MVP should be doing better than that.

Looking at Dallas alone, Carolina did the same 68 some yards against Dallas. KC on the other hand got LJ 143 and 3 while Denver did them for 129 and 1 I believe. Carolina does not have the best O-line in football but they did enough to pummel a stout Bears defense and did it much better than Seattle has against decent competition, which they see more often in the NFC South. I know there are quite a few offensive lines that are better than Carolina and Seattle is in the same boat. They are not the best by any means.

WR?
Randy Moss and anybody, makes a better receiving corps and with Jerry Porter it is no doubt. Replace that with TO (on field play), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson and you can still say "anybody" and there are plenty of Engrams around the league. Shit Detroit has better WRs than Seattle but we just haven't seen it yet.

Bobby Engram? Come on now. He isn't half the receiver Jerry Porter is and Jerry runs with Randy. We're not talking records or coordinators either here, champ, just what your WR bring. If Seattle's offensive coordinator could take Moss, Porter and Gabriel in a 3 for 3 swap, he will do it in a second. Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce have been getting it done for years. I don't really care that Joe is surpassing Proehl's numbers as a solid slot either. What do you have up front? Put Jackson and Engram against Boldin and Fitz and you got shit. Against Chad and TJ? Uh uh.

Sorry, good coaching good system, favorable schedule but let's not get carried away here.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dumbass wrote:Well in response to your "solid" argument all I need to say is Seattle does NOT have the best O-Line in football.
Or second best, for that matter.

PISC pwns this thread.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

Dumbass wrote:Well in response to your "solid" argument all I need to say is Seattle does NOT have the best O-Line in football.

What are you basing that off of?
The 141 and 4 TDs vs Houston?
The 172 and 1 TD vs Tennessee?
The 140 and 4 TDs vs Arizona

Looks real good until you get to the following:
73 yards and 0 TDs vs Jacksonville
61 yards and 0 TDs vs Dallas

Who have they played that was worth a shit that they dominated? The best O-Line in football and the reigning MVP should be doing better than that.

Looking at Dallas alone, Carolina did the same 68 some yards against Dallas. KC on the other hand got LJ 143 and 3 while Denver did them for 129 and 1 I believe. Carolina does not have the best O-line in football but they did enough to pummel a stout Bears defense and did it much better than Seattle has against decent competition, which they see more often in the NFC South. I know there are quite a few offensive lines that are better than Carolina and Seattle is in the same boat. They are not the best by any means.

WR?
Randy Moss and anybody, makes a better receiving corps and with Jerry Porter it is no doubt. Replace that with TO (on field play), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson and you can still say "anybody" and there are plenty of Engrams around the league. Shit Detroit has better WRs than Seattle but we just haven't seen it yet.

Bobby Engram? Come on now. He isn't half the receiver Jerry Porter is and Jerry runs with Randy. We're not talking records or coordinators either here, champ, just what your WR bring. If Seattle's offensive coordinator could take Moss, Porter and Gabriel in a 3 for 3 swap, he will do it in a second. Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce have been getting it done for years. I don't really care that Joe is surpassing Proehl's numbers as a solid slot either. What do you have up front? Put Jackson and Engram against Boldin and Fitz and you got shit. Against Chad and TJ? Uh uh.

Sorry, good coaching good system, favorable schedule but let's not get carried away here.
Excellent post, much better than :lol:

You make good points about the S.O.S., however I would submit that even when they are not at their best, they are still winning those games.

And in re: to your counter to my argument on the WRs, I was speaking to depth of talent and I listed 5 guys. "Moss and anyone" is not depth.

And with regards to Moss: No I don't think Hawks would trade for Moss. There is talent, and then there is talent that yields positive results for your football team. Same with TO. I prefer to let the results, not the perception of ability, be the bellweather for these types of discussion. Who was more productive this year? Seattle's WRs or anyone else?

Collinsworth made the most salient point I have heard. Carolina, offensively, is now a one-threat team. Smith-that's it. The Bears lost that game because, inexplicably, they didn't alter their defense to take Smith out of the game. You saw the result. Seahawks are smart enough not to make that same mistake
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

It's game 18 though. Taking Steve Smith out of a game is something the Bears didn't even do in their first match up and I am not too sure anyone else has either. He had 169 yards in the first game, so he is no secret especially to the Bears. I think it is easier said than done as it is with any receiver we put in this category.

Let's not also forget that Jake does a helluva job battling throughout every game throughout every season. These guys were just recently in The Super Bowl, they came off a successful 7-9 season (considering the start) and are now back in the NFC title game. They do not know how to quit and make excuses.

Collinsworth? Chris? My personal favorite chode? Please do not tell me that is who we are listening to now. :lol: Um how many +100 yard games did last year's fill in, Nick Goings have in 2004? The Panthers owe their running success to the line first and foremost. CAR is not losing enough here to be considered one dimensional until an opposing defense makes it happen. Any team with multiple weapons needs to be made one dimensional and you do not get here with just one weapon. The best haven't figured a way to shut them down and I do not believe Seattle will at this point in time either.
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

It's game 18 though. Taking Steve Smith out of a game is something the Bears didn't even do in their first match up and I am not too sure anyone else has either. He had 169 yards in the first game, so he is no secret especially to the Bears. I think it is easier said than done as it is with any receiver we put in this category.
Like I said, it is inexplicable why Chi didn't change their approach once it became apparent that Smith was the only thing doing.

Let's not also forget that Jake does a helluva job battling throughout every game throughout every season. These guys were just recently in The Super Bowl, they came off a successful 7-9 season (considering the start) and are now back in the NFC title game. They do not know how to quit and make excuses.
File under 'intangibles', I guess? I never said that Carolina sucked, was weak or was going to roll over.
Collinsworth? Chris? My personal favorite chode? Please do not tell me that is who we are listening to now. :lol: Um how many +100 yard games did last year's fill in, Nick Goings have in 2004? The Panthers owe their running success to the line first and foremost. CAR is not losing enough here to be considered one dimensional until an opposing defense makes it happen. Any team with multiple weapons needs to be made one dimensional and you do not get here with just one weapon. The best haven't figured a way to shut them down and I do not believe Seattle will at this point in time either.
Against Arizona, St. Louis, New Orleans and Tampa Bay - some of the same teams that Seahawks faced this year. Can I chalk that up to 'favorable' scheduling, or are those teams somehow saltier b/c Carolina played them?

Looking forward to Sunday.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Whoa whoa whoa, what are we talking here? The talent level of running backs? I do not think I have started that one.

I am merely poiting out that the so called one dimensional team has another weapon. If you are going to try and tell me that because of their competition, they truly are one dimensional and that I must devalue what Nick did against those teams, then you are supporting my argument that the Seattle O-Line isn't all that as was evident against their stronger competition. Is that what you are saying?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...concur with Wags, a sober Duane lays down some impressive arguments. :shock:
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.