Billionaire donates $165 million to...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Billionaire donates $165 million to...

Post by M2 »

Oklahoma State athletic program! He donated $70 million in 2003 as well. Obscene.

CNNSI article.

What? Even if it had THE best facilities in the world, would you go to Stillwater, OK if you are an elite athlete?

m2
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Billionaire donates $165 million to...

Post by SunCoastSooner »

T. Boones has been pumping money into that school for the better part of two decades. T. Boone is the OState athletic program and has been for the better part of over a decade now.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

not unlike Phil Knight/Nike and Oregon.

whats truly sad is that a portion of every officially licensed NCAA Nike product you buy goes directly to the University of Oregons athletic program.... Oklahoma jerseys, Texas jerseys, USC jerseys, Penn State, Michigan, VA Tech, Miami, Bama.....
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Burt Reynolds aint give us shit.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I heard he springs for toupees for the FSU band directors.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:I heard he springs for toupees for the FSU band directors.
Sounds like the deal Marv Albert gives Syracuse.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Dont forget, free mustache rides for the ladies.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

BSmack wrote:Sounds like the deal Marv Albert gives Syracuse.
I thought that was panties and tetanus shots?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

m2 wrote:Oklahoma State athletic program! He donated $70 million in 2003 as well. Obscene.

CNNSI article.

What? Even if it had THE best facilities in the world, would you go to Stillwater, OK if you are an elite athlete?

m2
i'm going to get an immunization at the Vet after i say this, but as late as the mid-80's Oklahoma State had won more NC's (according to them) in all sports combined than any school but USC.

i'd put OSU ahead of Cal in the revenue sports (football and basketball) traditionally as well, in terms of on field success in the last 25-30 years.

maybe on today's "cool scale" Stillwater doesn't add up, sure; but, they've won NC's in basketball in the 50's and been to a couple recent Final Fours-- and had Barry Sanders, etc. pumped a ton of golfers onto the Tour. baseball players into MLB. won gold medals in the Olymics in wrasslin'.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

SoCalTrjn wrote:not unlike Phil Knight/Nike and Oregon.

whats truly sad is that a portion of every officially licensed NCAA Nike product you buy goes directly to the University of Oregons athletic program.... Oklahoma jerseys, Texas jerseys, USC jerseys, Penn State, Michigan, VA Tech, Miami, Bama.....
thank you very much

:wink:
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
OStUd
C'mon Honey, Get Back in the Tahoe

Post by OStUd »

m2 wrote: What? Even if it had THE best facilities in the world, would you go to Stillwater, OK if you are an elite athlete?
I will tell you who goes to Oklahoma State.

Someone that isn't a pussy and can drink a case of Coors Light and still drive.

Someone that is man enough handle a Chevy Tahoe and scores with at least two chicks a week in the bed of that truck.
Real men don't fight they wrestle!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Let's not forget the plastic surgery he springs for as well. BB is next.

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Hey OSturd is back!

BTW thank you for getting rid of the ghey men wrestling pix!

To answer M2's question. I would rather go to stoolwater and play football than Berkley.

Berkley might be the softest collection of people on the planet. Now if I want to major in Art I look at Berkley. If I want to major in liberal BS I go to Berkley. If I want to protest deforestation killing the spotted white dolphin, I go to Berkley. If I wanted to date chicks with armpit hair thicker than mine, I go to Berkley. But if I want to play football I go anywhere but Berkley.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

isnt there some Okie State fan that looks like a muppet on crack and has his pics all over the web? That guy alone would scare me off that school
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Killian wrote:
BSmack wrote:Sounds like the deal Marv Albert gives Syracuse.
I thought that was panties and tetanus shots?
That's part of Marv's General Endowment Fund.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:isnt there some Okie State fan that looks like a muppet on crack and has his pics all over the web? That guy alone would scare me off that school

BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

thats not the one I was talking about. this guy has a full Bullet and like to take pics in biker shorts
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:thats not the one I was talking about. this guy has a full Bullet and like to take pics in biker shorts
Biker Fox? :lol:

I refuse to subject that upon the public or stoop that low... google it yourself.
Killian

Post by Killian »

SoCalTrjn wrote:thats not the one I was talking about. this guy has a full Bullet and like to take pics in biker shorts
Bikerfox! I believe he's an OU fan.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Killian wrote:
Bikerfox! I believe he's an OU fan.
He is an aggie Killian. He rides around Tulsa atleast twice a week in aggie garb and biker shorts. Sooners have posted pics they have taken of him from their cars in the past and used them on the net.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i wasn't going to do it even though i knew who socaltrj was talking about, but since you keep asking FOR IT. (???)

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

whats truly sad is that a portion of every officially licensed NCAA Nike product you buy goes directly to the University of Oregons athletic program....

I think "indirectly" was the word you were looking for, but thank you, regardless.
Vito Corleone wrote: Berkley might be the softest collection of people on the planet.

Have you actually ever been to Berkeley California? Tell you what, Mr. Mouth, why don't you go bump around Berkeley late at night, and tell all the people you see how "soft" they are. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Heck, you can work the whole Oakland/Berekley/El Cerrito/Richmond strip there, so you can get over on all of those softies at the same time. It'll be a good preseason workout for Vallejo.

Dude, Berkeley and Oakland are about the same place, speaking in very general terms. I doubt too many people would catagorize Oakland as a "soft" place with "soft" people. The entire East Bay is a pretty rough place, or at least the lowlands thereof. One of the roughest in the country, matter of fact.

And btw- Berkley boasts an INSANE collection of hotties...but don't let silly little things like facts get in the way of a good rant, is what I always say.
Last edited by Dinsdale on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

love how the second one is totally fake, with the end of the "ocean" disappearing at the bottom (tee hee!) of the pic.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

pretty much everything Vito wrote about Berkeley most Texans think about Austin.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:pretty much everything Vito wrote about Berkeley most Texans think about Austin.
So very true.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Dinsdale wrote:

whats truly sad is that a portion of every officially licensed NCAA Nike product you buy goes directly to the University of Oregons athletic program....

I think "indirectly" was the word you were looking for, but thank you, regardless.
Vito Corleone wrote: Berkley might be the softest collection of people on the planet.

Have you actually ever been to Berkeley California? Tell you what, Mr. Mouth, why don't you go bump around Berkeley late at night, and tell all the people you see how "soft" they are. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Heck, you can work the whole Oakland/Berekley/El Cerrito/Richmond strip there, so you can get over on all of those softies at the same time. It'll be a good preseason workout for Vallejo.

Dude, Berkeley and Oakland are about the same place, speaking in very general terms. I doubt too many people would catagorize Oakland as a "soft" place with "soft" people. The entire East Bay is a pretty rough place, or at least the lowlands thereof. One of the roughest in the country, matter of fact.

And btw- Berkley boasts an INSANE collection of hotties...but don't let silly little things like facts get in the way of a good rant, is what I always say.
Yea, and Compton CA is full of rich kids just like USC. Berkley is not Okland and Okland is not Berkley.
pretty much everything Vito wrote about Berkeley most aggies think about Austin.
Fixed it for you. Most Texans think Austin is the best place on the planet to party, and it might be. Hell everytime I bring up the fact that I used to live in Austin with people here in Minneapolis; if they have been here they think it totally kicks ass, if they haven't they usually have heard how much fun it is.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Austin is near no beaches so its likely not a good place to party, besides putting on a lame ass cowboy costume and doing the same exact dance as everyone else in the place isnt a party, its jazzercise for rednecks.

It's also a proven scientific fact that the closer you get to the ocean the better looking the women are
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

don't get me wrong. i like Austin alot....what i'm talking about is all that political/lifestyle stereotype stuff...which is what your post was all about AB.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

Yea, and Compton CA is full of rich kids just like USC. Berkley is not Okland and Okland is not Berkley.
pretty much everything Vito wrote about Berkeley most aggies think about Austin.
Fixed it for you. Most Texans think Austin is the best place on the planet to party, and it might be. Hell everytime I bring up the fact that I used to live in Austin with people here in Minneapolis; if they have been here they think it totally kicks ass, if they haven't they usually have heard how much fun it is.
Vito I went to High school in Austin. No need to bullshit a bullshitter. Austin is a great party town but it is still looked upon as the touchy feely liberal town of texass and nothing you say here is going to convince those of us who know any differently.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Austin is near no beaches so its likely not a good place to party, besides putting on a lame ass cowboy costume and doing the same exact dance as everyone else in the place isnt a party, its jazzercise for rednecks.

It's also a proven scientific fact that the closer you get to the ocean the better looking the women are
It's amazing what a parochial dumbfuck you are.
No Shit. 6th Street is the best place to party that I've ever been other than Club Lavilla in Panama City in the spring.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Rack that shit^^^^
Dinsdale wrote:Have you actually ever been to Berkeley California? Tell you what, Mr. Mouth, why don't you go bump around Berkeley late at night, and tell all the people you see how "soft" they are. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Heck, you can work the whole Oakland/Berekley/El Cerrito/Richmond strip there, so you can get over on all of those softies at the same time. It'll be a good preseason workout for Vallejo.

And dins, wtf are you talking about? Have YOU ever been to Berkeley? I some what doubt it because no one would ever compare Berkeley with San Jose or Oakland. Despite their geographical similarity, they share absolutely no other traits. And no, people in Oakland are not soft, but Berkeley is most certainly a littly pansy settlement.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

First of all...

A pox upon whoever decided that the BikerFox pics would be a good idea, and another one on whoever asked for them.

Second...

Yeah, T-Boone is going fuckin' nuts. He's basically buying the entire O-State athletic department. This could set a very dangerous precedent as he's putting enough money in a mediocre school to be able to demand almost anything in return. It could be the SMU wheels in motion all over again... only minus the winning.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Sky

Post by Sky »

I agree, reading some of these articles about Boone and Knight sounds a little scary. These guys "say" they are staying out of the decision process on some accounts but also noted that they both want to know what is going on---and they want to know first. This can't be good for anyone.

It is undoubtedly going to lead to problems down the line as in too many chiefs and not enough indians.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Were you born this dumb? Or do you just believe every bit of hyperbole that somebody says offhand...

Yeah, there is an account, at Nike, that funnels money from profits to the University of Oregon :meds:

Here how it really works.

Phil Knight is founder and CEO of Nike.

Phil Knight is an Oregon Alum.

Phil Knight makes his money from Nike's business.

Phil Knight donates his personal money to the University of Oregon. Not just the athletic department either, we have the Knight Library that he paid for, the Law School and he has, in fact, donated more money to academics than to athletics.

If that is your definition of money going "directly to the University of Oregon athletic department", then I suppose you also think eating a tuna fish sandwich while jerking off to a picture of Jessica Alba is the same as directly eating her pussy.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

P.S. - When USC kicks Snoop Dogg and Jessica Simpson off of their sidelines, neither of whom even went to college, then maybe they can talk about what may or may not be improper.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

^^^Rack !!
Sky

Post by Sky »

JayDuck wrote:P.S. - When USC kicks Snoop Dogg and Jessica Simpson off of their sidelines, neither of whom even went to college, then maybe they can talk about what may or may not be improper.

Ahhhhh, that was funny. I don't agree with your previous post but I'll give you a pass cause this was just so damn funny.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

Vito I went to High school in Austin. No need to bullshit a bullshitter. Austin is a great party town but it is still looked upon as the touchy feely liberal town of texass and nothing you say here is going to convince those of us who know any differently.
If your contention is that Austin is more Liberal than the rest of Texas, I have no argument. If your contention is that Austin has more gheys and is generally more pansey than the rest of Texas, its not. I lived in Dallas for 3 years and Houston for 2, both have their own liberal pansey base just like Austin. The big difference is that UT is a more liberal school compared to other Big 12 schools but very very conservative by Cal Berkley standards or PAC 10 standards in general.

BTW I should also state that when I said Berkley I was refering to Cal not just the city of Berkley. Historically Cal has been known as Berkley. I don't know of any other University that is known by the city it is located in besides Berkley but ask a Cal student where they attend they usually will say Berkley.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

talk to more UC students.... ones here dont say they go to UCI they say they go to Irvine, those in Santa Cruz say they go to Santa Cruz instead of UC Santa Cruz, same with Santa Barbara.... I think UCLA may be the excpetion that rule
Killian

Post by Killian »

JayDuck wrote:I suppose you also think eating a tuna fish sandwich while jerking off to a picture of Jessica Alba is the same as directly eating her pussy.
Awesome. Rack.