Sarah McLachlan's World on Fire

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Remember the good old days, when the emphasis used to be on how well you could sing and play, rather than how good-looking you are?

Unrack MTV.

And as far as that video goes, let me guess -- Sarah McLachlan lives in a 7-figure house, drives a BMW/Ferrari/Whatever, and owns a bunch of designer label clothing(not terribly familiar with her, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that if she dedicated her life to helping the needy, I never would have heard of her)......but wants you and I to sacrifice our everyday comforts for the poor people of the world.

She gives away her albums for free, so we can pass along the money saved from that luxury item on to the poor people of the world, right?

I'm just waiting to put a bid on that $2000 guitar she's playing, when she sells it on e-bay and gives the proceeds to the poor.

But I do remember that huge charity tour she put on, to raise money and awareness for.....oh wait....I don't remember that.

If I see Sarah McLachlan, I will fight her. Pathetic, self-righteous holier-than-thou bitch.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

me, I'll probably just ask her to sing Mary's Wedding for me. That would be sweet.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

Fifteen dollars to shoot the video, eh? Does that include the stock footage that was intermixed in the video? That stuff's not free, especially when you take into account that some of the pics are copyrighted. I noticed graphics in the video too; a lot of them, to be more accurate. Those also aren't free. What about the editing of the video? Somebody's gotta mix the song into the completed package. Somebody's gotta sequence all the footage. Again, not cheap. I'm guessing that a little more than fifteen dollars was dropped on the video, with the rest supposedly going to the charities. But then, who am I to question a member of the alterna 90's? After all, they all cared about more than just making a buck. :roll:
Yadda, yadda, yadda.