Moderator: Shoalzie

Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Dumbass of the day award

Post by Mainiac »

Worrell charged after saying he's Lilja
TSN.ca Staff with files from South Florida Sun-Sen

1/25/2005

NHL enforcer Peter Worrell may often get away with things on the ice, but off the ice is a different matter.

Especially if you try to pass yourself off as friend and former Florida Panthers teammate Andreas Lilja.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that Worrell, a former Panthers forward who now belongs to the Colorado Avalanche, will be arraigned in court on Wednesday on charges stemming from a traffic incident last month in which he identified himself as Lilja.

Worrell, who is black, is six-foot-six and 240 pounds. Lilja, who is white, is a six-foot-three, 225-pounder from Sweden.

Worrell was pulled over at 2am et on Dec. 6 in Pompano Beach, Florida for driving with an expired tag.

According to the police report, when the Sheriff's deputy asked Worrell his identity, Worrell claimed he was Lilja, with whom he played on the Panthers during the 2002-03 season. Worrell was driving a black Ford Expedition that was owned by Lilja.

While Worrell has been living in Florida during the NHL lockout, Lilja - who is now with the Nashville Predators - was playing hockey in Sweden at the time.

"After asking the defendant several times his name, Worrell continued to deliberately falsify and obstruct my investigation," Deputy Lionel Davis wrote in his report. Davis was able to identify Worrell after finding his passport.

Worrell, who has had his license suspended twice because of two DUI convictions, was arrested and charged with driving with a suspended license and resisting arrest without violence, according to the state attorney's office. He was also cited for having an obscured tag.

Worrell, his attorney Mitchell Polay and Lilja could not be reached for comment.
This fucking hilarious, a 6' 6" balck dude trying to pass himself off as a white Swedish dude.

"Resisting arrest without violence"--good thing he didn't try it with violence or the cops would have had to shoot him!
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Hmm.... I had no idea Lilja was that big!! Funny story though. It kind of confirms that Worrell is a guy who's a little "off"...
Still a FlameFan
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

3 words which explains it all: Fourth line enforcer
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

I'm going to start using Worrell as a euphemism for drunken stupidity. As in, "I went out and got totally Worrell last night."
Defense wins championships.
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

straight trippin,he'll be with Verdun in the goon league,no?
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

scritti wrote:straight trippin,he'll be with Verdun in the goon league,no?
Where did you saw that? There is no mention of this info on the official Verdun Dragons site.
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Now we all know why the folks at Divealanche.com call Warrell "Stupid Penalty".

Damn. :lol:
AnNeg
Nighthawk

Post by AnNeg »

Blitzkrieg wrote:As in, "I went out and got totally Worrell last night."
I like, I like!
Say this three times fast.....

Hinske, Hudson, Hill, Hillenbrand, Halladay, Huckaby
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

Smoked Meat wrote:
scritti wrote:straight trippin,he'll be with Verdun in the goon league,no?
Where did you saw that? There is no mention of this info on the official Verdun Dragons site.
he'll be there if this lockout drags into next season...Worrell's gotta do sumthin'
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL