It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Enjoy your tax hike

Post by BSmack »

It's coming next year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051111/ap_ ... ress_taxes

If you fall in this group, enjoy getting fucked.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

1) You should always enjoy "getting fucked"!
2) How many of you are willing to serve in the military?-- how much is it worth for you to have others serve?
3) The new tax laws that are introduced should motivate you all to get involved in government (YOUR GOVERNMENT) to make sure the money that you pay in taxes is used wisely!!

- Think of all of the places where your tax dollars are wasted and DO something about it!! or just SHUT UP and pay!!!

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Hey New Jersey! Who is your new guv(mintcheese)na? Property taxes are feeling like anal warts right about now aren't they? They already did but it's not stopping with the constant influx of money from new immigration from India and China. There is no shutoff valve and it's bad news for those that are life long working class that own homes.

New Jersey is one state where there is currently no Middle Class. It is pretty much gone.

Gonzo.

C-ya, wouldn't want to be ya.....
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Jack wrote:1) You should always enjoy "getting fucked"!
You some kind of bisexual?
2) How many of you are willing to serve in the military?-- how much is it worth for you to have others serve?
Right now it isn't worth much since most of our millitary effort is being spent trying to bring peace and prosperity to people who would just as soon spit on me as look at me.
3) The new tax laws that are introduced should motivate you all to get involved in government (YOUR GOVERNMENT) to make sure the money that you pay in taxes is used wisely!!

- Think of all of the places where your tax dollars are wasted and DO something about it!! or just SHUT UP and pay!!!
I didn't realize the First Amendment had a corralary. How about you go fuck yourself and we'll all be happy?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Re: Enjoy your tax hike

Post by DrDetroit »

BSmack wrote:It's coming next year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051111/ap_ ... ress_taxes

If you fall in this group, enjoy getting fucked.
Where have you been for the last decade? The AMT has been slowly hitting more and more people every year for the last decade. And now you have a problem with it?

Why is the media no longer calling Snowe a "maverick?" She's a "maverick" when she opposes other issues on Bush's agenda or votes against Republican legislation. But not now? She's merely a "moderate?"

Look...this is easy stuff. Eliminate the legislations that requires ten-year sunset provisions and simply make the tax cuts permanent. As we have seen over the last four years, Bush's tax cuts have resulted in increased federal tax revenues.

On the other hand, these fucking people in DC refuse to cut spending. So I don't want to hear George "crocodile tears" Voinovich's feigned concern over the country racking up debt.

Yeah, the AMT and the Republicans have been trying to eliminate for years with substantial Democratic opposition.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Atomic Punk wrote:Hey New Jersey! Who is your new guv(mintcheese)na? Property taxes are feeling like anal warts right about now aren't they? They already did but it's not stopping with the constant influx of money from new immigration from India and China. There is no shutoff valve and it's bad news for those that are life long working class that own homes.

New Jersey is one state where there is currently no Middle Class. It is pretty much gone.

Gonzo.

Where did the middle class go?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:Where did the middle class go?
Where they can afford to live. Like Eastern PA. Those 5 hour round trip commutes realy help that foriegn oil dependence.

Meanwhile, we have waste like this.

No bid contracts make Mississippi a clusterfuck

Now I thought that under a Republican administration this kind of governmental inefficency would be a thing of the past.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

The Corps of Engineers represents one of the biggest spending boondoggles of all time.

BTW - since when has the presidency become the all-powerful force? You Democrats seem to believe on the one hand that the Executive has too much that Congress needs to check (at least when a Republican is in office), yet, on the other hand, you demand that the President act as though he is all-powerful, able to move government at the wave of a hand.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:The Corps of Engineers represents one of the biggest spending boondoggles of all time.

BTW - since when has the presidency become the all-powerful force? You Democrats seem to believe on the one hand that the Executive has too much that Congress needs to check (at least when a Republican is in office), yet, on the other hand, you demand that the President act as though he is all-powerful, able to move government at the wave of a hand.
What about the Republicans that control BOTH houses of Congress?

Are they also powerless?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

No, they are spineless.

But do not pretend that the Democrats have not and would not crucify Republicans for proposing spending cuts to FEMA or the Army C of E.

Look at the few days right after Katrina with the Democrats erroneously declaring that the levee breaks were the result of Bush Amry Corps spending cuts...

Sorry, but you're acting as though the Democrats are not complicit in this, as though the Democrats could not also be proposing spending cuts.

You know, for a party that is all of a sudden all about minority rights in the Congress, they do sure spend a lot of time blocking proposed spending cuts than they do proposing spending cuts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:No, they are spineless. But do not pretend that the Democrats have not and would not crucify Republicans for proposing spending cuts to FEMA or the Army C of E.
How about making sure that the money they have is spent wisely and most efficiently first? I'm not talking about next year's budjet, I'm talking about RIGHT NOW. Does not Congress have oversight powers?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

How about making sure that the money they have is spent wisely and most efficiently first? I'm not talking about next year's budjet, I'm talking about RIGHT NOW. Does not Congress have oversight powers?
They being the Congress, of curse, yeah, they have oversight authority. But when have they ever taken that seriously?

This is not a Republican versus Democratic issue. Don't think I am one of those who believes that the Republicans are better stewards of our tax dollars and their regulatory authority.

Then again, don't pretend that you're for some altruistic idea that tax dollars can be spent efficiently and wisely. That goes right out the window as soon as you determine that you disagree with a spending policy. You won't support federal funding for school vouchers no matter if that program was administered efficiently or wisely.

The false pretenses you have are rather humorous, B. This is an anonymous message board, why attempt to hold yourself as some impartial, non-partisan individual. You are not.

Government by its nature is inefficient and unwise. It's that simple. That will never change. Anyone is thinks otherwise has deluded themselves.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:They being the Congress, of curse, yeah, they have oversight authority. But when have they ever taken that seriously?
How about now? Is it asking too much for the GOP to push the envelope?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Is it asking too much for the Democrats to do the same?

Seriously, you're pretending that the Democrats have no role.

This is curious given that the Democrats have made much hay out of their ranting about minority rights in Congress and not being shut out of the process.

Yet, here you are exempting them from any responsibility whatsoever.

The reason -- your party lacks vision. It has only carping, whining, lying. So it relies on appeals to emotion.

No, it certainly is not too much to expect that our representatives in Congress be worthy stewards of our tax dollars. But your expectation and mine are two different things. So what's the point?

Your point is to merely carp that the Republicans are failing to do what you think they should do and exempting your party from any similar obligation. How very Democratic of you.

I recognize that while it's not too much to ask of the Republicans, the reality is they will not. The politics is just too much to overcome. Whenever, for example, the Republicans discuss tax cuts, the Democrats right at them with a demand to offset those with spending cuts...not actual spending cuts, just an empty demand. But when the Republicans actually do propose spending cuts they are villified as attacking our children's future, threatening the livelihood of the elderly, targeting minorities, you know, the usual schtick.

So, is it too much to ask your party to actually define their vision and to actually propose something rather than simply attacking GOP proposals as evil?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:No, it certainly is not too much to expect that our representatives in Congress be worthy stewards of our tax dollars. But your expectation and mine are two different things. So what's the point?

Your point is to merely carp that the Republicans are failing to do what you think they should do and exempting your party from any similar obligation.
The GOP has run for eons on the principle that if only we had a Republican Congress and a Republican President that they would get wasteful spending under control. Google some of Reagans SOTU speeches of you need some helpo seeing how far back this tactic has been used.

As we can all see, now that Republicans have control of both the executive and legislative branches, they have shown ZERO inclination to reign in wasteful spending. In fact, they even went and reintroduced defecit spending to the federal budget. It has been 5 years since Chimpy took the reigns and there is no sign that things are ever going to change.
I recognize that while it's not too much to ask of the Republicans, the reality is they will not. The politics is just too much to overcome. Whenever, for example, the Republicans discuss tax cuts, the Democrats right at them with a demand to offset those with spending cuts...not actual spending cuts, just an empty demand. But when the Republicans actually do propose spending cuts they are villified as attacking our children's future, threatening the livelihood of the elderly, targeting minorities, you know, the usual schtick.
Awwww, if it wasn't for those mean ol' Democrats we woudl be living in utopia.

:meds:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

The GOP has run for eons on the principle that if only we had a Republican Congress and a Republican President that they would get wasteful spending under control. Google some of Reagans SOTU speeches of you need some helpo seeing how far back this tactic has been used.
Abnd for eons the Democrats have run on the principle that they would solve poverty. So what? Do you see me pimping the Republicans as the party of wise and efficient spending? No, you see me criticizing them and the President...not that you'd ever admit that despite constant reminders of that fact.

On the other hand, we can go back and see that the Democrats have proposed far more spending over the years than the Republicans. Yeah, that's a cheap shot, but it is what it is. You, as a Democrat, have nothing to say on the matter of spending. Nothing. You certainly have no credibility criticizing wasteful Republican spending or even deficit spending by Republicans. So just stfu.
As we can all see, now that Republicans have control of both the executive and legislative branches, they have shown ZERO inclination to reign in wasteful spending. In fact, they even went and reintroduced defecit spending to the federal budget. It has been 5 years since Chimpy took the reigns and there is no sign that things are ever going to change.
First...the President does not control the purse strings. So stop pretending that the President has this all-powerful budget control, B.

Secondly, you're right, spending is out of control under a Republican President and Republican Congress. However, you have no credibility on this issue. You only carp about deficits when it is the Republicans in the White House.

So what is your point? At best it can only be that the Republicans are as bad on spending as the Democrats. But that's at best. A fair reading wuld indicate that the Republicans are out of control re: spending, however, they have not spent nearly as much as the Democrats would have.
Awwww, if it wasn't for those mean ol' Democrats we woudl be living in utopia.

And there you go, again. Unable to actually address the distasteful scare tactics of the Democrats, you go to this canard.

Look it, B...you're the only one pretending that the Democrats have no role in this Congress and have no complicity in this uncontrollable spending. You know as well as I do that the Democrats, if in control of Congress, would have spent even more.

So, again, what is your point?

The bottomline is this...to change this you have to have courageous members of Congress to call pork what it is and to propose difficult spending cuts. And not just a few, but a few hundred in the House and more than 50 in the Senate.

And no one denies the fact that nearly every spending cut proposed by the Republicans the last five years has been roundly attacked on the basis that it would hurt the children or hurt the elderly or hurt minorities or threaten jobs. No one denies that the Democrats for the last several years have lacked a vision, lacked their own plan and are reduced to armchair politics.

So get the fuck out of here with that pretentious bullshit of yours.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I must be putting the stick in the right spot. I can hear the screams here in Rochester.

Let me know when either the GOP led Congress or a GOP President submits a balanced budget.

Fiscal conservatives my ass.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Atomic Punk wrote:Hey New Jersey! Who is your new guv(mintcheese)na? Property taxes are feeling like anal warts right about now aren't they? They already did but it's not stopping with the constant influx of money from new immigration from India and China. There is no shutoff valve and it's bad news for those that are life long working class that own homes.

Gonzo.

????????

sin. Prop 13

Mexifornia :wink:
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

That's the dumbest, most naive statement ever made in here.
Rushville
Elwood

Post by Rushville »

Seems to me this is just another strong case FOR the FairTax.