The Week in review: Week 8

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

The Week in review: Week 8

Post by Vito Corleone »

After 8 weeks of college football here are my thoughts.

The Big 12 sucks, outside of Texas that is. There isn't a single team worth a damn on the national level. I just wanted to get that out of the way before I get started.

USC vs Wash - no irish letdown but they did let a bad washington team score 24 with 10 of those being in the 1st quarter. As great as the Trojan offense is, I think their defense sucks. BTW Reggie deserves and will get the Heisman.

Texas vs Tech - Texas IMO is the best team in the country, They may not have the best offense (see USC) but they have a hell of a defense. The thing about this game that stood out is Tech threw the ball 64 times with most being those high percentage 5 yard types and they couldn't do anything against Texas when the field got shorter. This was a great test for the Texas defense and I give them an A.

UA vs Georgia - Wow Georgia was de-pants when Shockey went down (hint to Texas fan). These guys did not look very good at all. They still got the "W" but I'm looking forward to seeing how they respond without their leader. BTW this does need mentioning. USC drops 70 on UA while Georgia struggles to score 23! SEC better hope that UA has improved over the last 7 weeks or this conference is really overrated.

Alabama vs Tennessee - Great game if you like defense or need sleep. Neither team showed squat and both will lose more games before the season is done.

LSU vs Auburn - Looks like Auburn has another great RB in Irons, LSU had a great performance. IMO these two teams are the class of the SEC West. Auburn lost because their kicker sucks.

VTech vs Maryland - another game where Vtech struggles to put away a bad team. Again, the final score is not as close as the game was played. Props to Vtech for this but all their games seem to be a struggle.

Kal vs WSU - Hey M2, Kal is overrated! They don't deserve to be ranked in the top 25.

Nebraska vs Mizzou - Wow Nebraska must really suck to let Missouri pimp slap them like that.

Oklahoma vs Baylor - :lol: I don't have words, props to Baylor for almost beating OU. Props to blOwU for almost joining a pretty elite club. The we suck so bad that Baylor made us their bitch club. Well, maybe next year.

MSU vs NW - Wow Babs, you suck and so does your team. congrats.

PSU vs Ill - These guys look like the class of the B-10. Good to see JoePa right-the-ship.

Few other thoughts

The Heisman is a two man race between Vince and Reggie. Truth is Reggie already has it locked up the only reason he doesn't win it is if USC loses and he has a bad game.

The BCS championship game is a down to two teams. USC and Texas have now seperated themselves from the rest of the teams. If they take care of business this should be a hell of a championship game.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Wouldn't put too much stock in those points Washington scored against USC.

Washington returned the opening kick off to the USC eight yard line. First and goal. They got no closer, and settled for a FG.

Their TD was legit though, but that was the only score they had all game long that came while the game was still competitive.

Still though, yeah, at least compared to their offense USC's pass defense is somewhat vulnerable. Personally, I'm more worried about USC's special teams, specifically their kick/punt return units.

UCLA could hurt them there.

Bush probably will win the Heisman, but there's really no reason to count out Leinart either. Based on the usual Heisman voting criteria Leinart's done nothing to lower his stock this year other than play alongside somebody who's even better.

That was also the case last year though and still Leinart got the hardware. Leinart's performance against Notre Dame was absolutely Heisman worthy and we all know that having a big game against ND goes a long way towards winning the Heisman.

If Leinart has huge games against Cal and especially against an undefeated UCLA he could still win it. Then again, the same holds true for Reggie...

Strange thing about Reggie. Most players, they get one or two plays per season that are absolute highlight reel plays, Sportscenter Specials...

Reggie seems to get one or two "career plays" every week. That return for a TD yesterday was just unreal.

As for Texas, there's nothing left to prevent them from running the table. Texas A&M won't get a sniff at Texas.

The only way Texas doesn't get in now is if either Georgia or Bama runs the table and like you, I'm simply not all that impressed with either team.

Bama in particular, they definitely don't have enough offense to hang with either Texas or USC and I doubt they could take down Va Tech. Georgia is more solid than Bama but Georgia couldn't slow down USC's offense nearly enough for their own mediocre offense to ever keep pace and I doubt it'd be any different if they played Texas.

I actually think that in one sense this is a down year for the SEC since there's no LSU from 2003 or Auburn from 2004 this year. Nobody in the SEC is really that great this go 'round.

For once, I think the Big XII team will deserve the nod. There's nobody besides Texas in the Big XII that could do anything in either the SEC, Pac Ten or ACC but Texas sure seems better to me than Georgia or Bama and there's nobody else left in the SEC.

To me, Va Tech is the only team that could bump Texas outta there. If Va Tech runs the table and looks impressive in stomping Miami then it'd be very difficult to give the nod to any Big XII team considering how bad Texas's opponents are this year and considering the debacle that's resulted the last two years by giving the nod to an undeserving paper tiger Big XII team...

USC just has to get through UCLA's offensive barrage and their special teams excellence, plus the fact that UCLA has a bye leading into the SC game. (Christ....Does USC even HAVE any home games this year??? UCLA is a home game for USC but like ND they do get that bye before having to play USC and other than that every single "trap game" on SC's schedule this year is a roadie...Oregon, ASU, Notre Dame and Cal.)

All in all though, USC/Texas looks to be the one. Dunno 'bout the rest of you, but I'm taking the "over" in that one.

:-)

Oh, and speaking of scheduling, you gotta love LSU. Didja happen to see who their next two opponents are??

North Texas and Appalachian State!!

Bwaaahahahahaaa!!!

Then again Texas Tech played Sam Houston State this year...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Van wrote:(Christ....Does USC even HAVE any home games this year??? and other than that every single "trap game" on SC's schedule this year is a roadie...Oregon, ASU, Notre Dame and Cal.)

Your last two "reasonable" contests are at the Coliseum - Fresno St & UCLA.....

Oh, and speaking of scheduling, you gotta love LSU. Didja happen to see who their next two opponents are??

No way Lsu should be in the top 10. They shoulda got beat by a lousy Arizona St. team, woulda lost this week if opponent had a kicker.....their placement is probably a ceremonial spirit-lifting for the Katrina victims....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Seer, hey, LSU is an SEC team with only one loss so they're inevitably going to get a high ranking.

Obviously though LSU is not very good. They're surving off of incredible good luck.

If I'm an Auburn player or fan today I'm bitter beyond reckoning. Five missed field goals. That's got to be incredibly hard to swallow...

Btw, I completely forgot about the Fresno State game...

I don't think this year's USC team is as good as last year's but if they run the table this year with this schedule they definitely deserve their shot. I know a lot of people look at their opponents and see a bunch of nobodies but taking the schedule as a whole and factoring in the individual circumstances surrounding each of these games there's just so many trap games in there and it's damn difficult to never fall prey to even a single one of 'em...

Every damn game is USC's opponent's Super Bowl, and this year they all keep getting the game at home and sometimes they even get the bye week before the game

As an example, I truly believe nobody else could've gone into South Bend last week and come out with a win against that particular ND team on that particular day. There's no way to prove it, of course, so it's not worth debating, but I truly feel that ND had so many things aligned just right and they were so sky high and so well prepared for that game that I think they would've steamrolled any other opponent...

It's those kinds of regular season trap games that eventually jump up and bite you. Getting through a whole season of that shit is the hardest part, which is why I don't see anybody hanging with USC when it comes to a bowl game and finally it's USC's Super Bowl and they got the bye week (of sorts) and all their focus is on just that one last game.

UCLA and especially Cal are nowhere near as good as Texas but I have absolutely no doubt that if USC gets to the title game they'll have a far easier time rolling Texas or Va Tech then they had against ND, Cal and UCLA...
Last edited by Van on Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

I have not been impressed by any of the SEC elite this season. Perhaps they are simply just beating each other, but the offenses are atrocious. Every team is inconsistent.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep. Tennessee/Alabama wasn't so much a titanic defensive struggle as it was a battle of two inept offenses that could do nothing but hit little dribblers back to the pitcher...

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

and OU can say it's never lost to Baylor, UT can't.

i also love it when UT fan talks shit about how bad former SWC conference teams are. as i've said before, there's a reason the Cotton Bowl was on at noon on January 1. it never meant anything. welcome to what everyone else knew in the 70's and 80's UT fan. the SWC sucked. but, with all them SWC conference titles, Hook'em.

nice try.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Van, UCLA has two weeks off prior to the game with USC. The Trojans have the week off after Fresno State leading up to the game with UCLA.
FIGHT ON!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

GreginPG wrote:Van, UCLA has two weeks off prior to the game with USC. The Trojans have the week off after Fresno State leading up to the game with UCLA.

Damn, that would work in SC's favor....2 weeks destroys any rhythm or momentum that might have been in play....

P.S. Van, SC deserves all the recognition they are receiving. I agree with your statement that the Bruins will probably play them tougher than Texas....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Greg, does UCLA's special teams excellence and our lack of same worry you like it worries me?

I know UCLA will be able to move the ball and put points on the board against us, and I know they won't have a chance in hell at slowing down our offense (especially our rushing game), but the special teams play worries me...

Also, I'll be glad when the Cal game is in our rearview mirror. They're the only team in recent years to consistently give us problems, mainly because they're the only team that's done a half way decent job both in terms of running the ball effectively against us while also slowing down our offense...

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Seer, I can't believe I'm saying this, but just make sure you guys hold up your end of the bargain.

Don't lose before that game.

USC-UCLA, both undefeated, with #1 ranked SC riding the longest winning streak in the country and only UCLA standing in their way of a second straight perfect season?

How perfect would that be?

Thing is, USC has never lost such a game in their entire history.

Then again, let's play the "What if?" game...

-Va Tech loses to Miami...

-Georgia and Bama both lose...

-Texas runs the table...

-UCLA scores a ton of points and beats USC.

None of these things are all that implausible and if they do occur UCLA might very well be playing for a national title!!

I just don't think UCLA's defense will allow them to beat USC. The only way I see UCLA beating USC is if the game turns on cheap points resulting from special teams and turnovers. Minus those types of cheap points I can't see UCLA being able to line up and beat USC over sixty minutes...

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

The Seer wrote: P.S. Van, SC deserves all the recognition they are receiving. I agree with your statement that the Bruins will probably play them tougher than Texas....

i don't know about that. OU being a common opponent.

though, for better or worse, no one outside tOSU has made UT play 4 quarters. that could be troublesome when a good team "punches back" down the road. and USC has shown itself more than capable in the 4th Q. UT, like OU 2003, has never had to play one in conference.

if i had to take a team head up.....i might take UT over USC if it were to happen right now today. they are a threat to score on every play, like USC. and i think their D is better.

now, i'm going to hose myself off with bleach.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Also, AB, keep in mind that, yes, Texas' defense IS looking good right now, but so was OU's defense last year (I seem to remember a certain puke-orange school scoring between -1 and 1 points against us...) and we saw how much trouble USC had moving the ball on them, my man.

I think Tejas / USC would be one Hell of a game too, but on that night, I'd likely be rooting for an Act of God. It's my only "out." No matter WHICH team wins, I'm the biggest loser.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Re: The Week in review: Week 8

Post by T REX »

Vito Corleone wrote:After 8 weeks of college football here are my thoughts.

The Big 12 sucks, outside of Texas that is. There isn't a single team worth a damn on the national level. I just wanted to get that out of the way before I get started.
I'll bite. If your conference sucks then why should you be in a title game. IF, I say IF, the SEC champ is undefeated at bowl time they are much more deserving for a shot, are they not? I would like to hear your arguement otherwise. Everyone in here pretty much agrees that the SEC is the best conference hands down, so why was Auburn excluded last year? Why will UGA/Bama be excluded this year? I will tell you...pre-season bullshit. A team cannot start below the second spot and make the title game if the two original teams win out. Just another issue at hand. How do you account for the team that started 18th because the media/coaches were ignorant? You can't.

Mack Brown is already lobbying to the media like the huge pussy he is. Sounds like the crying like last year.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

T REX wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:After 8 weeks of college football here are my thoughts.

I'll bite. If your conference sucks then why should you be in a title game. IF, I say IF, the SEC champ is undefeated at bowl time they are much more deserving for a shot, are they not? I would like to hear your arguement otherwise. Everyone in here pretty much agrees that the SEC is the best conference hands down, so why was Auburn excluded last year? Why will UGA/Bama be excluded this year? I will tell you...pre-season bullshit. A team cannot start below the second spot and make the title game if the two original teams win out. Just another issue at hand. How do you account for the team that started 18th because the media/coaches were ignorant? You can't.

Mack Brown is already lobbying to the media like the huge pussy he is. Sounds like the crying like last year.

Auburn was excluded last year for playing a shit OOC schedule, not pre-season rankings.

as far as a team startting below the second spot and not making the title game, OU was ranked in the bottom pre-season 25 in 2000. it's a crap shoot. it always will be until there is a playoff. i don't argue with what you say in some ways, but your SEC argument makes no sense in the terms you make it.

Ohio State was not in the top 2 pre-season.
"
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

KC: Maybe I should be MORE clear...IF there are multiple unbeatens......if there are only two its MOOT. My point is if there are MULTIPLE it is pretty much regulated to those two who started the highest. That equals bullshit.

Also, you do know why Auburn had to play that shitty team? The team they were supposed to play exercised the buy out and played OU instead. Shit happens.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote: Oklahoma vs Baylor - :lol: I don't have words, props to Baylor for almost beating OU. Props to blOwU for almost joining a pretty elite club. The we suck so bad that Baylor made us their bitch club. Well, maybe next year.
Didn't Baylor's first Big 12 win come against Texas?

Edit: No, it came against Iowa State. Texas was Baylor's second Big 12 and first win in the South division.

Way to KYOA, Bill.
And for that we fired our coach. I ain't got no regrets because back then Texas wasn't that good. 97 Texas defense ranked 108 out of 110 teams.
trix wrote: I'll bite. If your conference sucks then why should you be in a title game. IF, I say IF, the SEC champ is undefeated at bowl time they are much more deserving for a shot, are they not? I would like to hear your arguement otherwise. Everyone in here pretty much agrees that the SEC is the best conference hands down, so why was Auburn excluded last year? Why will UGA/Bama be excluded this year? I will tell you...pre-season bullshit. A team cannot start below the second spot and make the title game if the two original teams win out. Just another issue at hand. How do you account for the team that started 18th because the media/coaches were ignorant? You can't.

SOS is only a very very small part of the equation. The fact that the Longhorns play in a down conf is not thier fault. Especially since no one has come close to Texas this year. I don't care who comes out of the SEC and what their record is, they would still get beat by Texas.

No team looks as good as Texas and USC, I don't forsee anyone coming close to either one. As for the ACC, I'm not impressed with Vtech at all, in fact, after seeing the progression made by Miami in thier passing game I'm not sure they aren't currently the best team in the ACC.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

T REX wrote: Everyone in here pretty much agrees that the SEC is the best conference hands down

Acknowledging that you exist does not in any way, shape, or form indicate the slightest hint of the SEC being anything anywhere at any time to anybody...

Please refrain from spreading your H5SEC strain of myopic virus from contaminating the board...

TIA......
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote:Everyone in here pretty much agrees that the SEC is the best conference hands down,
:?:

After this week, I think the ACC and Big 10 are better at the moment.

Top to bottom. I am going to say:

1. ACC
2. Big 10
3. SEC
4. Pac-10
5. The rest of d-1a
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Uh, no. Three of the top seven are SEC teams. We actually play defense in our league. Top to bottom? ACC?

We'll see.

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

From what I have seen they all play defense, but where o where did all the offense go?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

The ACC has 4 in the top 11 and 8 in the top 40 = Balanced
The SEC has 3 in the top 11 and 6 in the top 40 = Top Heavy
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

No, the SEC has 3 of the top 7, tard.

You can plug whatever numbers to agree with your arguement. We'll see at the end of the year.

Nice game vs the Wahoos, BTW.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

So 7 is the magic number not 11?

My bad.

The ACC has 2 in the top 6 and 8 in the top 40.
The SEC has 2 in the top 6 and 6 in the top 40.

Either way, 75% of the ACC is in the top 40 while only 50% of the SEC is in the top 40.

Can someone say top heavy?
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

King Crimson wrote:and OU can say it's never lost to Baylor, UT can't.

i also love it when UT fan talks shit about how bad former SWC conference teams are. as i've said before, there's a reason the Cotton Bowl was on at noon on January 1. it never meant anything. welcome to what everyone else knew in the 70's and 80's UT fan. the SWC sucked. but, with all them SWC conference titles, Hook'em.

nice try.
I'm looking at a list of the top 25 and I don't see any big 8 schools but I do see 3 former SWC schools there.

I'll give you time to take the foot out of your ass. cause YJKYOA
Believe the Heupel wrote:Strange. We fired a coach who was 3-0 against Baylor. I guess our standards are just a bit higher.
No you fired Blake cause you can't handle getting punked by Texas. Another beating next year like you got this year and you will be looking to replace the Legend that is Bob Stoops
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Six (6) out of the ten (10) schools in the Pac 10 have offenses that are in the top 20 nationally.

But what the fuck does that matter when your uncle is married to your sister, your grandpa is the son of your cousin, and you have nothing else to hang your washboard on....

So, yeah, you are right. The SEC is the best.

Didn't I see you in that throw-out movie "Wrong Turn"?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Oh my gawd.....my uncle is married to a relative I don't have? Way to go deep into that fresh brother-sister-mom-dad are all married smack. And you used washboard instead of a mobile home reference. Real original there.

Dude, how old are you? Not very. I gotta know.

PS Not to sound like a cliche but defense wins championships not your overrated swiss-10 offenses. If you don't believe me, ask history. Thanks.

Also....fine....for arguement's sake......I'll put the ACC ahead of the SEC. WHy should Texas go ahead of Va Tech, especailly if the ACC is a much tougher conference?

Anyone care to explain that one?

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

T REX wrote: Everyone in here pretty much agrees that the SEC is the best conference hands down

Uhhhhhh, not everyone. I am so freking tired of hearing the same bullshit every season. When is SEC not been the best all-around conference? I dont know why so many people think this is. The offense in the conference is avg at best, although the teams do play some good defense.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Hey chucko, read my post. Let's play devil's advocate....the ACC is the best. Why should Texas(vittles even admits the big 12 is poor this year) go ahead of an undefeated Va Tech? Forget the SEC. I want to hear why teams from crap conferences get to go ahead of undefeated teams from BETTER conferences.

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

T REX wrote:Hey chucko, read my post. Let's play devil's advocate....the ACC is the best. Why should Texas(vittles even admits the big 12 is poor this year) go ahead of an undefeated Va Tech? Forget the SEC. I want to hear why teams from crap conferences get to go ahead of undefeated teams from BETTER conferences.
Who has VT played? Let's look at the records for the facts:

NC State. Pathetic. 2-4 as we speak
Duke. This is not basketball. 1-7
Ohio. If there was a state added to end I would be impressed. 3-4
Georgia Tech. WAAYYYYY Overrated. 4-2
Marshall. They suck this year. 3-4
West Virginia. The only decent team they have played. They are 6-1 but that includes wins over Wofford, Syracuse, and East Carolina.
Maryland. 4-3. Horrible offense but a good defense.

Who has Texas played?

u-LaLa. I admit it. Shitty team and a cupcake to start the season. Everyteam is guilty of this. They are 2-4
Ohio State. Let's see, they were #4 at their place and at night where they were undefeated against non conference opponents. 5-2
Rice. Old rival game from the SWC. They suck this year 0-6
Missouri. We played them at their place and they lost. Currently 5-2.
Oklahoma. A major rivalry game. They may be down this year but they would still be a top tier team in the ACC and SEC. 4-3
Colorado. When they came to Austin they were # 24 in the nation and left with a 25 point beating. They are 5-2
Texas Tech. They were a Top10 team and #7 in the BCS when they came to Austin. They left with a 35 point beating. They are currently 6-1 and dropped to #17.

So after all that , let's look at the combined records of the 2 teams opponents. VT is playing against teams that are a combined 23-25. Texas' opponents are a combined 27-20.

Virigina Tech has played against 1 ranked team. That team was Georgia Tech and they are currently not ranked. Texas has played against 3. We still have games against Ok St, they suck, Baylor, Kansas and Texas A&M. Tech still needs to play Miami and BC.

The bottom line is that Texas has played against better teams than VT. That is why they are ranked higher. And don't get on this high horse about pre season rankings. If the shoe were on the other foot and you gaytors were #2 to start the season and went undefeated you would be shitting you pants if another team was undefeated and all the Big XII and Big 10 posters were screaming for that team to pass florida in the rankings.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Wofford
Are you freaking kidding me???
Shitty team and a cupcake to start the season. Everyteam is guilty of this.
Well, no, every team isn't guilty of this.

Sincerely,
Recent openers on the road against Va Tech, Auburn and Penn State

Ditto that!

Sincerely,
Florida State and Miami

Harvdog, quit confusing teams from the Big XII and the SEC with "everyone". No, not everyone schedules Appalachian State and Sam Houston St and Northwest Louisiana State, etc..

Some teams (USC, ND, the Florida schools) go out of their way to schedule a bowl game equivalent for their first game, just about every season.

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Van wrote:
Some teams (USC, ND, the Florida schools) go out of their way to schedule a bowl game equivalent for their first game, just about every season.
Thanks for the cash,
Hawaii, Pittsburgh and Wyoming September 2005
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Pittsburgh has won a national championship.

Hawaii has proven to be a notorious "trap game" location.

Neither place is anything like Wofford, Appalachian St or any of the SEC's and Big XII's favored directional schools...at home, to boot.

As for the Florida schools, who did Florida State and Miami open up with this season?

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Well Pittsburg won the MNC when I was in 3rd grade or something like that. Their star runningback was Tony Dorsett. If winning the MNC is the litmus test for a tough schedule I'm going to advise Deloss Dodds (Texas AD) to get on the phone with BYU, Army, SMU, Harvard, and Yale.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Yep, too manyfolks concentrate on the verytop and don't concentrate on the league as a whole. Right now the best conference TOP TO BOTTOM is the Big 10. True they don't have the dominant team such at UT or VaTech, but they have probably 7-8 teams that occupy the #10-#40 tier of teams.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Pittsburgh has won a national championship. So has Army. That's not really a great point.
Okay then, how about this...

Pitt would stomp Wofford!

:D

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Dude, they're coached by Dave Wannstedt. I don't know if I'd put money on that. :D
<----------Lifer Miami Dolphins Fan

Dave Wannstedt...The Horrah!

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Van wrote: As for the Florida schools, who did Florida State and Miami open up with this season?
Each other
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mr T wrote:
Van wrote: As for the Florida schools, who did Florida State and Miami open up with this season?
Each other
I still remember Miami playing virtually the entire MAC slate in the 1980's. If you looked at their schedule, and knew nothing else about their program, you would've sworn they were a MAC member.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mr T wrote:
Each other
My point exactly.

Not exactly Wofford, or Appalachian State.