after all the Boss has done....

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Jack
enigma

after all the Boss has done....

Post by Jack »

Exiting Yankees, Stottlemyre Takes Shots at Steinbrenner

It's funny... I'm watching Mutiny on the Bounty and surfing the net and I see this news...

Almost certain he's stepping down after 10 years as New York Yankees pitching coach, Mel Stottlemyre had harsh words Wednesday for George Steinbrenner and the owner's treatment of manager Joe Torre.

"Nothing I would like more than (to) sit down 30 minutes for a conversation with him. He'd probably understand how I feel," Stottlemyre said. "That won't happen."

He contrasted his departure with that of bench coach Don Zimmer, who criticized Steinbrenner when he left after the 2003 season.

"I'm leaving happy," Stottlemyre said. "It may not sound like I am. Zimmer didn't leave happy. In that sense it's much different."

Only a few players were in the clubhouse to clean out their lockers. Reliever Tanyon Sturtze talked about the team's charter flight home after the final loss, a departure delayed for 3½ hours at the Ontario, Calif., airport by mechanical problems, then interrupted by a stop in Houston to change crews.

"That was the most miserable night ever," he said. ^

IMO, when the Yankees lost Zimmer.. it was the beginning of THE END!!!
Now, the loss of Stottlemyre and soon, Cashman will just be more nails in the Coffin of what could have been a Yankees Dynasty that just turned out

Yankees DIE Nasty!!
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Could have been? Seriously what kind of crack do you smoke? 11 straight playoffs, 6 WS and 4 rings, 3 of which were in a row. Anyone else done that since ummm, the Yanks of 49-61?
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

"So tell me, Toddowen. How much do you know
about managing a professional baseball team?
You do know there will be periodic, random drug testing."
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

...and once Torre leaves then what? Who's the manager? Who's the GM? granted it doesn't take a lot to be the gm of this team. You tell George who you want and he tells you to fuck off and tells you who he wants and he writes the check disregarding what you want. He needs to get rid of Kevin Brown, Sheffield, Pavano, Wright, etc....and pull his head out of his ass and get Gene Michael back involved with this team.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

I said SINCE THE YANKEES LOST ZIMMER.. That was 2003.

Have they won 11 straight playoffs, 6 WS since 2003??- funny, maybe I was on crack but I remember the Red Sox winning the World Series in 2004 and I thought the Yankees lost to the Angels this year...

MUST BE GOOD CRACK!!!

BUT Last time I checked, the Yankees haven't won the World Series since 2000!!
JCT wrote:Could have been? Seriously what kind of crack do you smoke? 11 straight playoffs, 6 WS and 4 rings, 3 of which were in a row. Anyone else done that since ummm, the Yanks of 49-61?
Since you asked...I prefer "Crazy Rufus's crack". He gives out his recipe for free BUT you still can't get the quality that he gets out of his Coke...

Crack! The newest innovation in flying without wings...

Ingredients:

1-2 grams coke

4 tablespoons baking soda

Some bottled water

Take a cookie sheet and sprinkle a light covering of coke on the bottom. No more than 1 - 1/2 tablespoons. Now, take 1 tablespoons or so of Baking Soda, and sprinkle it on top. Add 2 teaspoons of water evenly. Cook at 300 deg. for 15 min. Sprinkle Pot if you want to really do it up on top.

Add rest of coke evenly, and 2 more tablespoons of baking soda evenly.

Bake at 300 for 25-30 min.

Let sit OVERNIGHT.

Put in freezer 15-20 minutes, or until hard.

Crack off small peices and enjoy! (Water pipes are best)

He must use HIGH Quality baking soda!!
JCT

Post by JCT »

Jack wrote:I said SINCE THE YANKEES LOST ZIMMER.. That was 2003.

Huh?

Sincerely,

1997, 2001 & 2002 lost with Zimmer.

Crack kills.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

10 consecutive years working for Steinbrenner... that's got to be some sort of record. :P
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Toddowen wrote:One word...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!! :lol:
5 words...

[fade]You are a fucking retard! [/fade]
Frank Rizzo
Yankee Fan

Post by Frank Rizzo »

Fucking SWEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! :lol:
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Good riddance to Stottlemyre. What exactly has he done to make the Yanks staff better in the last five years? Nada. He, ultimately, doesn't pick the players but I haven't been impressed with what he has done lately.

The Yankees problem is that they moved away from what made them so successful from 1996-2000. They created runs, they worked pitchers and they found ways to win. They have since adopted the "chicks dig the long ball" approach and just look to mash the ball at every turn. That may still work in the regular season and allow you to continue to win AL East crowns but it doesn't work in the playoffs where you'll be facing top notch pitching just about every night. The 2003 WS was a prime example. The Marlins flat out beat their ass from the mound. Good pitching usually wins out over good hitting. I used to have complete confidence that the Yanks could overcome any lead because they were tenacious in getting people on base and moving those runners. They are now content to wait for A-Rod or Shef to hit a homerun to make up ground. That doesn't work 95% of the time.

I hope Red Sox Nation is listening because your team is a virtual carbon copy of the Yankees. Aging and mediocre pitching coupled with a few mashers in the lineup. Neither team manufactures runs and neither team intimidates opposing teams with its pitching. Insert Ortiz and Manny for A-Rod and Shef in my previous statement. No different. You can't go into the playoffs hoping to get into a slugfest every night to win. It just doesn't work. The Angels and White Sox aren't loaded with All-Stars at every other position like NY and Boston but they get people on base and figure out ways to get them home. They aren't sitting around waiting for someone to hopefully crush a pitch to get them in the game.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Rack Fu wrote:The Yankees problem is that they haven't bought the right players. They created overpaid primadonas.
Fixed.
Rack Fu wrote:I hope Red Sox Nation is listening because your team is a virtual carbon copy of the Yankees. Aging and mediocre pitching coupled with a few mashers in the lineup. Neither team manufactures runs and neither team intimidates opposing teams with its pitching.
Perhaps, but then again I don't see coaches and managers bad-mouthing the Red Sox when they leave. Tell me if I'm wrong. With the pinstripes, whenever someone with a relatively high profile leaves, dudes go out of their way to rip the owner and the team. A real first-class organization you have there, Yankee Fan.
Frank Rizzo
Yankee Fan

Post by Frank Rizzo »

Toddowen wrote:
RadioFan wrote: Perhaps, but then again I don't see coaches and managers bad-mouthing the Red Sox when they leave. Tell me if I'm wrong.
You're absolutley correct. When Fisk and Clemens and Little and Nomar left, they had nothing but high praise for the organisation. :wink:

And DONT foreget PAYDRO who constantaly lashed out at the Sox afater going to the MUTS.

DON"T TALK TO ME ABOTU US NOT HAVAING CLASS RADIOFAN YOU SHIT FUCK WE'REA NOT THE ORGANINZATION THAT LIETS ITS PLAYER GO OUT ION THE TFUCKING FIELD LOOKING LIKE FUCKING CLOWNS EVERY NIGHT .....FROM TRANNY RAMIREEZ' FISH HOOKSA IN HIS HAIR TO MILLARS" GAYASS BLEACHED HAIR< GAYMON'S HIPPIE HAIR ANDA ORTIZ' FUCAKED UP GOARTEE AND BRONSON's CORNROWS
BUNCH OF NO CLASSA CLOWNSA WHO ARE AN EMBARARASSMENT TO THE GAME
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

RadioFan wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:The Yankees problem is that they haven't bought the right players. They created overpaid primadonas.
Fixed.
And bartered away their farm system in the process.
Nope. Not dead.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

JHawkBCD wrote:And bartered away their farm system in the process.
I can only hope, for Baseball Fan's sake.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Frank Rizzo wrote:Fucking SWEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! :lol:
Please remove the Hokie from your Sig dumdfuck. Shouldn't you be sportin a Trojan sig?
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Toddowen wrote:
RadioFan wrote:
JHawkBCD wrote:And bartered away their farm system in the process.
I can only hope, for Baseball Fan's sake.
The Yankees hope so, as well.

You see, our farm system is the rest of major league baseball. Because eventually, once they've proven themselves, they'll return for the $$$ and glory of being a NY Yankee. 8)

And who are you going to blame for the Yankee fans who pack 50K plus in Yankee Stadium to see them play the KC Royals on rainy weekdays? Even in years of losing seasons, the Yankees will still be making money. And they'll still be the biggest draw on the road for the struggling teams who desperately want to fill seats. I don't think that's altogether too bad for the game.

But don't think that without a championship caliber team for an extended period of time that the Yankees are done for. There's more pride and support for this organization than I believe you will ever comprehend, Radiofan. Or at least want to comprehend. If baseball is struggling in Florida and Arizona or Colorado, blame their fans and their owners.
Like when they couldn't fukken give tickets away in the late 80's.
1,200 per home game. Nice!

True Yankee fan can attest. (not you TO) When the Yankees sucked, they sucked badly.

You on the other hand are just some whiney, little stick figure bouncing down the hallway of life.

What you fail to realize, you unworthy, uniformed, little mommas' boy is that once the Yanks sell their prospects, all they are left with is a bunch of scrubs and has beens.

Essentially what they'll have in the big apple is Derek Jeter and a bunch of overpaid losers. But they will have that bank. Pavano, Brown, etc.
I'm sure you can relate, eh Trailer Park?

Stop bittering about last year already, ya lil' midget, funhouse freak.
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Toddowen wrote:Chowd, why don't you go sniff some glue and and play with your scissors.
It's what some people say that you do best....for some reason which has always failed me.

Trust me on this. Responding to threads with typed replies isn't your thing.
Nice come back, Hank.
You wanna hook up in chat?

No, I'm not gay and I don't run with scissors. Tuff ass.

EVAH!!!
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Idiocy wrote:You see, our farm system is the rest of major league baseball. Because eventually, once they've proven themselves, they'll return for the $$$ and glory of being a NY Yankee. 8)

And who are you going to blame for the Yankee fans who pack 50K plus in Yankee Stadium to see them play the KC Royals on rainy weekdays? Even in years of losing seasons, the Yankees will still be making money. And they'll still be the biggest draw on the road for the struggling teams who desperately want to fill seats. I don't think that's altogether too bad for the game.

But don't think that without a championship caliber team for an extended period of time that the Yankees are done for. There's more pride and support for this organization than I believe you will ever comprehend, Radiofan. Or at least want to comprehend. If baseball is struggling in Florida and Arizona or Colorado, blame their fans and their owners.
Simply amazing how the NFL and the NBA don't work that way. Btw, lifelong SPURS fan here.

Your "draw," is amid a metro of what, 8~12 million?

Not to mention the number of bandwagoning LOSERS out there, who are donning Yankee caps, because they got a good deal on them, at the flea market.

Face up to reality, apologist. Your team LOST, despite "our farm system is the rest of major league baseball." Translation: LOSER.

Hey Yankee Fan, do us all a favor and just Fuck off, K?

And Todd, get back to snuggling up to your mother's pussy and A-Rod's dick.

You, Todd, like most everyone else on this board, don't even live in NYC, much less the Bronx, you fucking pussy. Yet you take pride in an organization that is trying to buy into continuation of the days of yore.

And your takes in the MLB forum are almost as insightful and surprising as DrD's in the Spin Room. OK, not really.

Props, Toddowen.

:roll:
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

RadioFan wrote: Perhaps, but then again I don't see coaches and managers bad-mouthing the Red Sox when they leave. Tell me if I'm wrong.
OK, you're wrong. That just might have been one of the most ignorant statements that I've read in sometime.

Not only do many high profile ex-Red Sox players bad mouth the Sox organization when they leave, a lot of them do it while they're still playing for the Red Sox (Mo Vaughn, Pedro, Manny, etc).
JCT

Post by JCT »

RadioFan wrote:
You, Todd, like most everyone else on this board, don't even live in NYC, much less the Bronx, you fucking pussy. Yet you take pride in an organization that is trying to buy into continuation of the days of yore.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that you had to live in the city of your favorite team in order to be a fan or them. Mr Chief's in Oklahoma. Funny how you never posted in here until the Yankees lost.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Toddowen wrote:
You're absolutley correct. When Fisk and Clemens and Little and Nomar left, they had nothing but high praise for the organisation. :wink:

However, when they left the press conference, they grimaced something awful while letting loose a tremendous beantown induced shit.
rack, clemens said, he would never go into hall with a sox hat!

nice kyoa there radio fan! :roll: