ACC shakedown

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

ACC shakedown

Post by PSUFAN »

Apart from UM/FSU and FSU/BC, I feel that very little has happened in the ACC so far. There are 4 ranked teams that could still surge up and win the conference title. They seem like the forgotten conference up to this point...but I imagine that will begin to change this weekend.

Oct. 27 will be a big game for BC - they will go down to Blacksburg. If they win that, I see them finishing 10-1...and ending up in a BCS game. They were unable to defeat FSU...but they were darn close.

I see VT, FSU, and Miami all dropping conference games. We'll see, I guess...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

5 years ago the mere mention of the acc would have been met with giggles and snipes. However this conference has really grown into a major player. Sure the addition of the big 3 was huge but even befor that the acc was starting to get a influx of good coaches. Maryland, NC state, now Ga. Tech. By the way I think Jim Grobe at Wake Forrest is one of the most underated coaches in the country. He always gets the max out of the min. talent level he is able to get at Wake. Great scheme offensively and always has them ready to play.
I don't think BC will win at Blacksburg. Maybe at home but this is a huge edge for Va. Tech being at home.
Miami may upset tech but again home field is huge in this game. I see it as a toss up.
I promise you FSU will not loose a conference game this year. FSU is definately back. Their biggest opponents this year are the Bowdens. Bobby has let the game pass him by and Jeff is a clown.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I think the ACC has jumped up into a Top 3 Conference w/ the SEC and the Big Ten. I think that FSU will run the table in the conf and make ACC Championship game but playing at UF the weekend before will be their toughest game. I think Va Tech goes undeafeted into the ACC championship game b/c they have BC and Miami at home. Miami's D is so tough that I would rather play Va tech than Miami again. I see FSU winning the ACC championship game, but having one loss that will prevent them from making it to Pasadena. I just have a bad feeling about sending freshman QB into the Swamp. But overall, I think the ACC is a deep conf w/ 3 perennial Top 10 teams (Va Tech, Miami, FSU) and 3 quality Top 25 teams (BC, VA, Ga Tech).
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Totally disagree that the game has passed Bowden. Be careful what you wish for Nolesy, as sometimes those wishes come true. Now granted Jeff never had it, and it don't see him getting it.

I have said it for as long as I have posted on this board; know for a fact you can upgrade before you let your coach go. Look at A&M. Are they better now than when RC was running things? They are spending a ton more, but is it helping?

PSU, I think the ACC may be the second best conference in football.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

All this undefeated talk about VaTech, FSU, and Georgia has me scared. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a weekend where two of these three fall on the same day. Now is when teams start looking ahead and then go into somewhere i.e. Virginia and get bitch smacked all the way home.

Hopefully Bobby has the boys ready to play and the Dawgs and Tech are the ones that taste defeat this year.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Maybe some UVA goon will attempt to kneecap a Seminole or Hokie player in order to level the ACC playing field.
I think VT will beat BC and Miami mainly because the games are in Blacksburg. But I would not be shocked if the Hokies took a dump against either the Terps or Wahoos. VT has a tendency to play up or down to its opponents.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Lefty, I am a huge Bobby B. guy because I think he is a class, prinipaled man. I do still contend that he has let the game out run him and I'll tell you why.
In the seventies , eighties and into the nineties he was an inovator. He was fearless in what he would do on O schemes and would seemingly coach to win.
Now Rix really sucked but I never saw coaching put him in a place to succeed. I.e, they never designed plays to roll him out and give him a pass run option. This would have maximized what skills he did have.
I never saw FSU try to adapt their O scheme to meet the players they had over that that same time period. Rather they continued to run the same handful of plays they always used when they could out talent other teams. Over the past 4 years I saw an FSU team loose to teams of equal or lesser talent due to being out coached and coaching "not to loose" rather than coaching to win.
The O coordinator situation MUST be addressed but has been left to ride for far to long. It took a near revolution in Tallahassee for him to let O line coach Jimmy Heggans go and bring in Mark Mc Hale from Marshall this year- a huge upgrade.
This summer, Kevin Steele, linebackers coach, was elevated to "asit. head coach". Many feel he is the heir apparent to Bobby's throne. He is nails as a recruitor, a great coach, young and full of fire and the players love him.
I have a good friend who was on the 93 team. He feels Bobby won't retire because the 2 most influential men in his life were Bear Bryant and his Father. Both of them died within 6 months of retiring.
I would just like to see the ole man get out while he is still on top. I would like to see him enjoy those 6oo grand kids he has and spend some of those millions he has accumulated while he is still in good health
College football has evolved so much in the past decade. It seems that it takes a stronger younger man with more drive to succeed in todays game. Don't tell Joe Pa I said that :lol:
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Nolesy wrote:Lefty, I am a huge Bobby B. guy because I think he is a class, prinipaled man.
Oh, bullcrap!
You just want to pork his hot grandaughter. 8)
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Every game here on out(minus duke) will be a war in the ACC.

Remaining for FSU
at Virginia - 10 year anniversary of the Dunn scores...wait no he didnt game.

at Duke - Its dook.

Maryland - This game scares me the most. They have lost two close games and have been very quiet.

NC State - Sensational D. Only team to beat us at home in ACC play.

at Clemson - Rivalry. Death Valley. A underachieving team that could easily be undefeated or winless.

at #11 Florida - The only game besides Duke that I feel is automatic.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Damn T the only thing keeping you afloat is the great rep held by the rest of the Nole fans on this board. I'm beginning to think you are a Trix troll.

wait...
TRex ----- Mr T

Damn, I think I'm on to something!
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Vito Corleone wrote:Damn T the only thing keeping you afloat is the great rep held by the rest of the Nole fans on this board. I'm beginning to think you are a Trix troll.
Too bad for you that you have done sank because texass fans dont have a good rep anywhere in the country much less this board.
wait...
TRex ----- Mr T
Stay tuned next week kids when vito rains down his greatest smack of all and calls me babs....
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Mr T wrote:
at #11 Florida - The only game besides Duke that I feel is automatic.
Huh? And this after we beat you in Tally last year? Just a FYI, you lucked by Miami and haven't played anyone else since......BC? If you even dare throw BC out I will laugh my ass off. You don't play Ga Tech or Va Tech. I think your schedule is pretty weak besides us and Miami. See you in the swamp with drew.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I'm sorry Harry Rex, but you have played 2 tough teams this year, as have we. The games were almost identical. We both played Top 10 teams in Miami/Tenn and pulled out big wins. We also had to go on the road against teams ranked 14/15 in the country. The difference is we beat BC 28-17 where as UF got sodomized 31-3. So, the questions is, who the fuck have you played? By the end of the year FSU would have had to play Miami, BC on the road, UF on the road and Va Tech in a nuetral sight. Thats 3 Top 10 teams. We dont play anybody? Get fukked.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSU, I think the ACC may be the second best conference in football.
Who do you feel is the first? I think some of them have had a lot more early activity. The ACC is currently stinking with ranked teams, by and large because they have yet to reach the meat of their schedules.

Would you say that the Big 12 is the best conference so far?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I would say that the SEC is tops right now with the ACC second.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yep, SEC toughest by far. ACC is distant 2nd. Pac-10 and Big-10 tied for 3rd. Big-12 5th.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Cicero wrote:I'm sorry Harry Rex, but you have played 2 tough teams this year, as have we. The games were almost identical. We both played Top 10 teams in Miami/Tenn and pulled out big wins. We also had to go on the road against teams ranked 14/15 in the country. The difference is we beat BC 28-17 where as UF got sodomized 31-3. So, the questions is, who the fuck have you played? By the end of the year FSU would have had to play Miami, BC on the road, UF on the road and Va Tech in a nuetral sight. Thats 3 Top 10 teams. We dont play anybody? Get fukked.
BUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! someone smack this tard........

Bama/Tenn/LSU/UGA are all better than anyone on your schedule except maybe miami. You don't know if you will play V-Tech so let's stick with what we know. thanks.

your schedule is weak.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I'm sick of this whole confernece BS.

The Big 12 is down and I'm pretty glad about it. I don't want to see the okies or a$m good, I hate those schools. All I care about is Texas and right now they are the 2nd ranked team in the country and that ain't going to change unless USC falters, or Vince Young gets injured.

If every team in the Pac 10 sucked except USC I would still rank USC #1.

I still feel strongly that any team that comes out of the SEC undefeated might have a more legit claim to playing in the BCS but that team would still get waxed against either Texas or USC. Why, you might ask?

Out of all the college football I have watched this year no other team has the talent that Texas and USC currently possess. No one has game breakers on par with Reggie Bush, Matt Lienart or Vince Young.

These two teams are head and shoulders above everyone else.

As the season plays out this is going to become very evident.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

T REX wrote:
Cicero wrote:I'm sorry Harry Rex, but you have played 2 tough teams this year, as have we. The games were almost identical. We both played Top 10 teams in Miami/Tenn and pulled out big wins. We also had to go on the road against teams ranked 14/15 in the country. The difference is we beat BC 28-17 where as UF got sodomized 31-3. So, the questions is, who the fuck have you played? By the end of the year FSU would have had to play Miami, BC on the road, UF on the road and Va Tech in a nuetral sight. Thats 3 Top 10 teams. We dont play anybody? Get fukked.
BUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! someone smack this tard........

Bama/Tenn/LSU/UGA are all better than anyone on your schedule except maybe miami. You don't know if you will play V-Tech so let's stick with what we know. thanks.

your schedule is weak.

Well, we do play UF, so you might be right.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Just remember Jon, the Big XII is 2-0 against the Big 11. After the top two it is a toss-up.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

2 games doesn't give a conference anything but scoreboard over another conference. But let's look at those 2 games....

Texas vs OSU.......Texas was clearly the better team and is probably the best team between both conferences. No argument here.

Iowa vs ISU.....Come on Lefty, you know this is ISU's bowl game and that's why they won. ISU is NOT the better team. They won the game, but it was just one of those things. I think most ISU fans would even conceed this fact.

As for the rest of the conference, I completely disagree it's a toss up.

There is one great team in the Big-12, two good teams (CU, Tech), one quality team (Nebraska), and the rest of the conference is terrible.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Big-10 is relatively weak too, but there is a lot more quality teams in the conference than the Big-12.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Jon, you can play the what if game, but I am going to go with what I have seen on the field. Iowa is no better than ISU, which is no better than the 5th or 6th best Big XII team. Hell, Baylor would give Iowa all they could handle in Waco.

Again, the two conferences are about even, with Big XII having scoreboard.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

At the beginning of the season, I agree. But we're always a much better team as the season progresses. It's like that every year. The same Iowa team you see in September is not the same Iowa team you'll see in October and November. You can't judge Iowa by what they do early in the year.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

^^^^^

Changes nothing as you can say the same for every team Jon. Damn near every team is better in Oct and Nov vs Sept, except for possibly injuries.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:At the beginning of the season, I agree. But we're always a much better team as the season progresses. It's like that every year. The same Iowa team you see in September is not the same Iowa team you'll see in October and November. You can't judge Iowa by what they do early in the year.
Then that's poor coaching, same with not being able to beat ISU. Even if it is another teams "bowl game", a good coach will be able to motivate his team and out coach the other team, especially if they have more talent. This isn't the NFL where your team can improve and you can win the championship. If you want to win the championship, you have to be ready from day one.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Killian,

I'm not disagreeing with you there. Ferentz in October and November is, by far, the best coach in the country. But in September, he's equally bad. Every position we are always better just as soon as the calendar turns to October. He learned from Bill Belichek. He has the same philosophies. The problem is, in college, you can't have those let downs like in the NFL. Which is why I think he is better suited for the NFL. If Ferentz wants to win a national title and not just conference titles, he's going to have to start sitting down with his coaching staff in the offseason and figure out how to get this team to come out of the gates stronger.

And Lefty,

That's not always true. Iowa State almost always gets worse after September. They play their best ball in September. And yes, most teams do improve, but not like Iowa. We don't just improve throughout the season, we are a COMPLETELY different team in October and November than we are in September. It's almost as if we are using completely different players.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Maybe ISU doesn't get worse, maybe their competition gets better.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yeah, their competiition gets much better. Baylor, Army (nearly lost), UCONN, etc...... Those are some great teams they've faced post-Iowa game in the past or present.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote: Huh? And this after we beat you in Tally last year? Just a FYI, you lucked by Miami and haven't played anyone else since......BC? If you even dare throw BC out I will laugh my ass off. You don't play Ga Tech or Va Tech. I think your schedule is pretty weak besides us and Miami. See you in the swamp with drew.
With Oscar meyer coaching it is a lock. Did you see the last 6 games? The gates suck.

BTW GT is in the bottom half of the conference this year. But I would put the full ACC up against any other conference. So I guess your right we lucked out dodging GT.

Ps. How come yall aint playing miami? Oh yeah :insert pussy emoticon: