Let The Meltage Begin!

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Let The Meltage Begin!

Post by poptart »

Diego wrote:See how simple freedom works?
1. Freedom would have been allowing the states to set their own marriage standard.

The "It's a fundamental constitutional right to marry who you want" take the SC sold us is utter bullshit.
Marriage is not in the Constitution and is hence a state issue -- CLEARLY.

The "fundamental right" has been hidden for a couple hundred years and nobody noticed until now?

LOL

2. Mvscal already noted where the profound implications begin, and that is by rational citizens realizing that a ruling elite (the SC) has completely made something up, and something as socially important as marriage, and jammed it down the throat of the people. The denied state freedom and they denied the freedom of the people to determine their own fate. They have created a climate of anarchy. This is the beginning of the profound implications -- and it only gets much worse from here.

3. Felix brought up Jefferson, so I simply noted that our founding document of freedom (signed by him) says that he (and others) acknowledge that rights in this land have come from the Creator. One has to go into warp drive stupidity to deny that the God of the Bible was the inspiration.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote:Marriage is not in the Constitution and is hence a state issue -- CLEARLY.

^^^ CLEARLY doesn't understand the Ninth Amendment.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

miniskirts were the work of the devil
They aren't? (-:
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

poptart wrote:
Diego wrote:See how simple freedom works?
1. Freedom would have been allowing the states to set their own marriage standard.

The "It's a fundamental constitutional right to marry who you want" take the SC sold us is utter bullshit.
Marriage is not in the Constitution and is hence a state issue -- CLEARLY.

The "fundamental right" has been hidden for a couple hundred years and nobody noticed until now?

LOL
FAIL

Using your logic freedom would be allowing the states to decide whether to permit slavery. I hate to break it to you, but individual rights & privileges aren't decided by popular vote.

Secondly, as long as marriage provides rights & privileges access to it will be a 14th Amendment issue. States can't decide on their own to block or remove rights & privileges w/o either due process or a compelling reason. You thumpers have provided neither.
2. Mvscal already noted where the profound implications begin, and that is by rational citizens realizing that a ruling elite (the SC) has completely made something up, and something as socially important as marriage, and jammed it down the throat of the people. The denied state freedom and they denied the freedom of the people to determine their own fate. They have created a climate of anarchy. This is the beginning of the profound implications -- and it only gets much worse from here.
Again, states have no such freedom to arbitrarily dish out rights & privileges. Had SCOTUS decided otherwise would have been closer to anarchy. Having a constitution & then not abiding by it would have been anarchy.
3. Felix brought up Jefferson, so I simply noted that our founding document of freedom (signed by him) says that he (and others) acknowledge that rights in this land have come from the Creator. One has to go into warp drive stupidity to deny that the God of the Bible was the inspiration.
It's hilarious how you categorize all of them as "christians." If they were around today you would be saying that they don't believe the bible exactly as you do (much like many christians don't believe that mormons & catholics are christians). Especially with Jefferson. How convenient of you to claim all of them as christians when you would cast them off as heretics if they were to speak their beliefs today.

The conservatard bleating about the "elite" SCOTUS is nothing more than a childish temper tantrum when they decided that gays have just as much right to marriage as you do. Grow up.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Diego wrote:States can't decide on their own to block or remove rights & privileges w/o either due process or a compelling reason.
The states had not been blocking anyone.
Any man and any woman were free to marry.

I don't know or care if T. Jefferson was a good Christian, bad Christian, or even Christian at all.
What I DO know is what he signed.
What was signed by him, and many others, was a recognition that rights in this land have come from the God of the Bible.

Look around a bit at the history of the original colonies in America.
Try to deny that Christianity was a fundamental pillar of their communities.

It's basic reality, guy.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

poptart wrote:
Diego wrote:States can't decide on their own to block or remove rights & privileges w/o either due process or a compelling reason.
The states had not been blocking anyone.
Any man and any woman were free to marry.
When the states decide to limit who they can marry they are not truly free.
I don't know or care if T. Jefferson was a good Christian, bad Christian, or even Christian at all.
What I DO know is what he signed.
What was signed by him, and many others, was a recognition that rights in this land have come from the God of the Bible.

Look around a bit at the history of the original colonies in America.
Try to deny that Christianity was a fundamental pillar of their communities.

It's basic reality, guy.
Slavery was a fundamental pillar of their communities, too. Are you arguing that we should bring that back as well?

Perhaps we could also bring back the witch trials as well...
9/27/22
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:Enjoy your gay marriage, because you just lost out on guns...
It doesn't have to be a "this or that" scenario. It's very easy to support both. I do, but then again I'm a freedom loving American. If you don't like it you can GTFO out of my country you pinko bastard!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Using your logic freedom would be allowing the states to decide whether to permit slavery. I hate to break it to you, but individual rights & privileges aren't decided by popular vote.
Uhhhmmmmm.....I hate to break it to you, but they had that freedom until they amended the Constitution.

You see, back in the day, they actually took the Constitution seriously and did one of those amendment dealios when they realized it needed changing. Too bad we seem to have forgotten how to use that procedure.

Personally, I believe the fed position on marriage is that is none of their fukking bidness. Your marital status should be of no concern to them.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Diego wrote:When the states decide to limit who they can marry they are not truly free.
States routinely set standards for issuing licenses, and for allowing actions to legally occur or not occur.

Ho hum.

Diego wrote:Slavery was a fundamental pillar of their communities, too. Are you arguing that we should bring that back as well?
Of course I'm not.
Why would I say that?

You are flailing.

I've been simply pointing out what is blatantly obvious to anyone who has look into the matter at all.

America was founded on a backbone of Christian faith.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

John Adams wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.
Thomas Jefferson wrote:Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

America was settled by many victims of real religious persecution. Their descendants did not want government and religion mixing any more than they wanted race mixing.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott wrote:Don't like Gay Marriage? - Don't have One
Don't like Guns? - Don't Buy One
Don't Like Abortion? - Don't Have One
Don't like the Confederate Flag? - Don't Buy One
Don't Like Drugs? - Don't Do Them

Don't Like the Govt trying to take away your Rights? - Then Quit trying to take away the ones you don't agree with
Don't like taxes? - Don't pay taxes

Wait...

Wat?
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

What's problematic about the recent Supreme Court's rulings-- and this isn't necessarily new or recent --is that they have become an unelected legislative branch rather than the brake on the potential excesses of Congress and the Oval Office. This has only become quite visible of late in that nobody is surprised by the various judges who rule based on their ostensible political leanings. But the question is, do we expect those judges to judge or do we wish for them to rule from a predetermined political view? That is the crux of the problem.

This isn't a Republican or Democrat issue-- both sides of the aisle have been guilty of this for some time. The most egregious case of rejecting a judge because he didn't toe the line on a particular political orthodoxy? Robert Bork. Instead we have Congress in essence stuffing the ballot box by accepting or rejecting a potential judge based on litmus tests. It's not how our Founding Fathers wanted the system to function.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:
John Adams wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.
Thomas Jefferson wrote:Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear.
Dins, would you quit quoting the men who developed the Constitutuion, tart is on a roll here.....

btw tart, the Declaration of Independence was a declaration of the original 13 colonies independence from Great Britain, not an establishment of any laws....
get out, get out while there's still time
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:bible thumpers who falsely believe this country was founded on christian beliefs.....it wasn't.
http://undergod.procon.org/view.resourc ... eID=000081

Click and go down the list -- state-by-state;

Alabama, 1901: "We the people of the State of Alabama ... invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish the following Constitution..."

Idaho, 1890 (home of Felix): "We, the people of the State of Idaho, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom..."

Indiana, 1851: "TO THE END, that justice be established, public order maintained, and liberty perpetuated; WE, the People of the State of Indiana, grateful to ALMIGHTY GOD for the free exercise of the right to choose our own form of government, do ordain this Constitution."

Maryland, 1867: "We, the people of the state of Maryland, grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberty..."

South Carolina, 1778: "We, the people of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled, grateful to God for our liberties, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the preservation and perpetuation of the same."

Utah, 1896: "Grateful to Almighty God for life and liberty, we establish this Constitution..."

Wisconsin, 1848: We, the people of Wisconsin, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, in order to secure its blessings, form a more perfect government..."

Mississippi, 1890: "We, the people of Mississippi in convention assembled, grateful to Almighty God, and invoking His blessing on our work..."

Etc...

Go down the list.

Do you do drugs, Felix?

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Slavery was a fundamental pillar of their communities, too. Are you arguing that we should bring that back as well?
If the 13th Amendment was a buttplug you might actually know something about it.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:America was settled by many victims of real religious persecution. Their descendants did not want government and religion mixing any more than they wanted race mixing.
Ignorant moron.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:America is, nor never really has been what they taught you it was in school...
English, motherfucker. Does ya speaks it?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And from the twittershere:

schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:

The profound implication is that the personal opinion/bias of five supreme court justices supersedes the Constitution.
OK I get it. You mean like when they decided that:

- Well regulated means not regulated.
- Money means the same thing as speech.
- Corporations are people.

But wait, the knuckledraggers didn't seem to have much of a problem with those "interpretations."
I guess it all depends on whose ox is being (Al)Gored.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Since marriage, whatever that means, is no longer something for the states to decide or to regulate, they should completely remove themselves from the process. States should stop issuing all marriage licenses to anyone. They should also immediately stop over seeing the dissolution of marriages and division of assets. This should now be handled by the Federal Court system. States have no say in marriage so should completely wipe their hands of it.

On the flip side the gun rights folks should be happy with this gay marriage ruling. It says:

A marriage license issued by State A must be recognized by State B.

Now go back and change marriage with concealed carry. Further marriage isn't mentioned in the constitution but guns are. This ruling should help force other states to recognize and accept the ability to carry.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I assume that means Colorado's and Oregon's pot laws will get overturned since federal law says it's illegal.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:I assume that means Colorado's and Oregon's pot laws will get overturned since federal law says it's illegal.
2 days to go, and we're all good -- except the Legislature is still whining about the rules (and about how to milk every last penny from it), even though they were required by the law to have it figured out by now.

But I'm currently in Washington, where it's been legal for a while (but I brought my own, since it costs several times more in the stupid stores that the good old black market).
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:But I'm currently in Washington, where it's been legal for a while (but I brought my own, since it costs several times more in the stupid stores that the good old black market).
You buy your pot from negroes? That's so retro.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:The only thing that will save this world from its biggest problem, which is overpopulation, is more homosexuals.
Really? The only thing? Try again.
Short of lots of murder or lots of sterilization.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Moving Sale wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:The only thing that will save this world from its biggest problem, which is overpopulation, is more homosexuals.
Really? The only thing? Try again.
Short of lots of murder or lots of sterilization.
Or some unforeseen pandemic, you pint-sized pedophile.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Nice IKYABWAI you kiddy fucking psycho
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote: You buy your pot from negroes?

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Moving Sale wrote:Nice IKYABWAI you kiddy fucking psycho
If you trace back through posting history here, you'll see that I pegged you as a pedo before you ever went all KC on me. Neener, neener.

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Only at T1B...... Where a thread about winning the right to chow box as wife and wife will gradually give way to Caddyshack references.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

You're probably so high you don't even know it.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: a bunch of irrelevant horseshit
so what was your point in posting that crap.....that some states refer to their freedom as "god given"?

what the fuck does that have to do with establishment of the federal constitution that clearly espouses the separation of church and state.....
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:
poptart wrote: a bunch of irrelevant horseshit
so what was your point in posting that crap.....that some states refer to their freedom as "god given"?
Some states?

ALL of them do.
lol

what the fuck does that have to do with establishment of the federal constitution that clearly espouses the separation of church and state.....
Why are you trying to move the goal posts now?

- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof -

Most states in early America had an established state church.

bible thumpers who falsely believe this country was founded on christian beliefs.....it wasn't.

- Felix

This is wrong, Felix.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

poptart wrote:- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof -

Link?

bible thumpers who falsely believe this country was founded on christian beliefs.....it wasn't.

- Felix

This is wrong, Felix.
John Adams, signer of the Constitution, thinks you're an idiot.
9/27/22
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
the fuck they did....nothing you posted remotely comes close to saying we've established our laws based on the laws of god...simply because they reference god (TJ referred to it as maker but Jefferson was a deist) doesn't mean their laws were based on any religion.....sorry dude, but your arguement falls flat on it's face.....
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

88 wrote: But it doesn't matter anymore. Whichever party gets their five people appointed to the Court gets to run the kingdom now.
Then how do you account for the SCOTUS' most recent rulings? ACA, LGBT marriage to name a couple.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

If the "traditional" definition of marriage is no longer valid, how long until plural marriage is legal? And shouldn't LGBT fans be supporting the "rights" of those who want to practice plural marriage?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Left Seater wrote:If the "traditional" definition of marriage is no longer valid, how long until plural marriage is legal? And shouldn't LGBT fans be supporting the "rights" of those who want to practice plural marriage?
Can you produce a compelling reason why it shouldn't?
9/27/22
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Diego wrote:Link?
That is a good link, 88.

Here are a couple more: http://www.americanbar.org/groups/publi ... onial.html

http://religionandpolitics.org/2013/04/ ... religions/

Felix wrote:nothing you posted remotely comes close to saying we've established our laws based on the laws of god
I've never made that claim.
I've merely claimed that YOUR statement is wrong.

- Felix

What you said is false.
The country absolutely was founded on Christian beliefs.
It's undeniable.

I really shouldn't be surprised to see a lib deny basic reality, because we see it so often, but this particular instance of denial is embarrassing -- even for a lib.

Not content that their secularism has taken root (and produced very ugly things), the lib must take it further and deny that the country was even founded upon a backbone of Christian faith.

You can think whatever you want, Felix.

This will all pass.