How is your team's recruiting class looking?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

mvscal
Blank

Re: How is your team's recruiting class looking?

Post by mvscal »

Not too shabby. I wasn't really sure what to expect but Strong appears to have done well. One 5 star and 14 four star recruits. The defense should remain stout. QB is still a serious concern. I don't buy Kai Locksley as a QB at all. He might make an excellent WR, though.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The stars and rankings should be assigned after these kids are done playing, but I guess the recruiting services wouldn't sell subscriptions that way.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The stars and rankings should be assigned after these kids are done playing, but I guess the recruiting services wouldn't sell subscriptions that way.
Welcome to the party. Glad more are seeing the light.
Left Seater wrote:
The only ranking of recruiting classes that matter are the ones done 5 years after the fact.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

schmick wrote:Its nice that USC was able to take a full class, They wound up with a pretty solid class, ranked #1 by Rivals, #1 by Scout, #2 by 247/CBS and #3 by espn.
2 more years of recruiting like that and the Trojans should be back to full strength.
...Yet you will still be in here bitching that USC was done wrong.

Until you die from a brain aneurysm brought on by screaming at 10 year olds.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Happy with this class...though Mora's buddies probably should've sat on this Ulbrich to the nfl long enough to get Roquan Smith's signature....Getting the #1 QB, #1 TE, and #1 RB nationally doesn't really suck and should continue our dominance of the other Suc.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The stars and rankings should be assigned after these kids are done playing, but I guess the recruiting services wouldn't sell subscriptions that way.
Well no shit. Look, it's down time right now with interest in the NBA and NHL not even scratching the surface of interest in american football. The mothership network curbs simpletons like schimck into thinking this shit means something.

Similar to what you said about Bell, Case Keenum was barely a two star recruit out of high school and UofH was the only school to offer him a scholarship. He now owns several passing records in the NCAA and he's had a cup of coffee now in the NFL. Nobody knew who this kid was until he thrived in Briles and Sumlin's system.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

WolverineSteve wrote:Snoop's kid to UCLA :lol:
I was listening to his little speech on the radio this morning, thanking his mom for helping get him through all the hard times.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Left Seater wrote:
Welcome to the party. Glad more are seeing the light.
Thanks for the welcome, but I'm not new to the party.

I talked to someone in the recruiting business before, and he said the main difference between a 5-star and a 4-star is the 5-star's ability to make an immediate impact, and even then, there's no guarantee that will happen (obviously). The difference between a 4-star and a 3-star has to do with NFL, not college, potential. He said there is basically no tangible difference between a 3-star who comes in at .88 and a 4-star who comes in at .89, except fans will feel like they struck out if they "settled" for the 3-star. The difference in potential between those two players will largely be decided on their own work ethic, and what their coaches will be able to get out of them, as well as a host of other variables.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Most services had Mariota as a 3 star, a couple of them had him a 2.

And Jeff Driskel was #1 overall.

But as to the topic -- Ducks did pretty well. Got an absolute monster OL, and a beast of a DE. Filled needs pretty well across the board.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

How many 5 stars make it to the NFL, let alone start? Most overhyped day in college football...
Go Bucs, Gators
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Bucmonkey wrote:How many 5 stars make it to the NFL, let alone start?
I don't know. Do you? Why don't you do some research and get back to us.

TIA
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

24th rated class with only 20 players in a coaching transition year... pretty impressed with what Mike Riley's doing. I like his thinking when he said, "We didn't have too many 5 stars at Oregon State but we graduated a lot of them" <---- Riley has proven he can recruit and develop players well.

I think he will do great things with the budget and facilities he lacked before. Next years class should be Nebraska's best in years with Riley and staff having a whole year to build off the great strides they've taken in such a short time and with a class of 25 to 30 players next year.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

H4ever wrote:Riley has proven he can recruit and develop players well.
Hate to burst your bubble on your honeymoon, but Riley is a horrifically bad recruiter. Well known for it. Sure, he didn't have Nebraska's pull, but he was a train wreck at recruiting.

But he does develop players extremely well.

And he WILL find and develop a top-notch QB -- it's what he does. It's the one thing you can count on with Riley.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Dinsdale wrote:
H4ever wrote:Riley has proven he can recruit and develop players well.
Hate to burst your bubble on your honeymoon, but Riley is a horrifically bad recruiter. Well known for it. Sure, he didn't have Nebraska's pull, but he was a train wreck at recruiting.

But he does develop players extremely well.

And he WILL find and develop a top-notch QB -- it's what he does. It's the one thing you can count on with Riley.
Well, collectively with his staff they did pretty good on a coaching transition year. With a couple of great WR's in this class, I hope he does develop somebody.... and soon Not one QB in this year's class which kinda sucks but it could be sign that Riley passed over the leftover scraps in this years class at such a key position that he develops well.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Sudden Sam wrote:
H4ever wrote:With a couple of great WR's in this class, I hope he does develop somebody.... and soon Not one QB in this year's class which kinda sucks but it could be sign that Riley passed over the leftover scraps in this years class at such a key position that he develops well.
Grab one of Bama's. At least 1 or 2 top-notch QBs will probably transfer within the next year. The Tide is overloaded with 'em.
Gladly, Sam! Especially with RIley's reputation on developing them. Which begs the question: Why do so many 5 star kids congregate at one school in the same position? If I were a 4 or 5 star QB, I'd prob select a school with less risk of riding pine and a proven coaching staff at the position. Maybe some kids really believe they are the greatest and can beat out anyone.... I dunno. I'd shoot for quicker exposure and more reps right away.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

mvscal wrote:
Bucmonkey wrote:How many 5 stars make it to the NFL, let alone start?
I don't know. Do you? Why don't you do some research and get back to us.

TIA
Slurp.
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote: Grab one of Bama's. At least 1 or 2 top-notch QBs will probably transfer within the next year. The Tide is overloaded with 'em.
Dude... are you high?

If they're "overloaded with 'em," why did they roll out a shitty one this season?