Te'o hoax

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Te'o hoax

Post by Killian »

schmick wrote:what round was Vontaze Burfict or LeMichael James drafted in?
Sure, a closeted homo sexual who cooked up a hoax to throw off his sodomite stench as well as ramp up sympathy votes for individual awards, then getting a family friend to take the blame for all of it when news gets out that he pulled the hoax...on top of playing like bop clown in the NCG is going to make teams foam at the mouth over drafting him.
Tell you what, shit heel. I'll hungus bet that Te'o goes before both of those players. Deal?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian

Post by Killian »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
I don't see why it has to be one or the other (strictly a hoax perpetrated by Te'o or strictly duped). To me, the most plausible scenario is that it was a little of both. I think Te'o really did get "involved" with someone online, but then started to embellish and exaggerate the relationship to friends, family members, teammates, the media, etc. He was probably embarrassed to admit he was in an "online relationship," so he tried to make it sound like it was something more authentic than it actually was. Even if he never said he physically met her, he certainly made it sound like the relationship was something more than it was. And once you lie or embellish something, you have to keep the story going, and the story starts to spider in different directions.
This is pretty much where I fall.

What I want to know is if Te'o and ND knew about this before the national championship game, how come nobody said something? Te'o continued the lie the week leading up to the MNC down in Miami. I heard an ND fan call in to local radio saying that when he was down there, people were showing their support for Te'o by wearing leis and donating to charity to fight against leukemia. He apparently made an appearance and "talked to the people," and continued on with the lie about his dead girlfriend and thanked everyone for their support. Hey, if the worst thing that comes from this is a few bucks to cancer research, that isn't so bad. But the whole thing is just so bizarre and fucked up, and his credibility is going to be damaged for a long time. And it's quite obvious nobody had any intention of telling the truth if and unless the truth had been discovered. And then it was.
First I've heard of him meeting with people who were doing any fund raising. Disagree with your last comments. I don't think Te'o or ND were under any delusion that this would not come out after they learned it was a hoax. Which is why I wish Te'o and his people would have gotten out in front of this. Had they done that, I think the public perception of this would be much different.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Killian wrote:Disagree with your last comments. I don't think Te'o or ND were under any delusion that this would not come out after they learned it was a hoax.
I didn't say whether or not they thought this would come to light. That's immaterial. I said they sat on what they knew and likely never would have gone public with it unless they were forced to. And then they were.
Killian

Post by Killian »

schmick wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: What I want to know is if Te'o and ND knew about this before the national championship game, how come nobody said something? Te'o continued the lie the week leading up to the MNC down in Miami. I heard an ND fan call in to local radio saying that when he was down there, people were showing their support for Te'o by wearing leis and donating to charity to fight against leukemia. He apparently made an appearance and "talked to the people," and continued on with the lie about his dead girlfriend and thanked everyone for their support. Hey, if the worst thing that comes from this is a few bucks to cancer research, that isn't so bad. But the whole thing is just so bizarre and fucked up, and his credibility is going to be damaged for a long time. And it's quite obvious nobody had any intention of telling the truth if and unless the truth had been discovered. And then it was.
Story goes that they found it was a hoax in December but still used the story to fish for sympathy during the NCG pregame show a couple weeks after knowing it was a hoax.
Link, or stfu.

And are you that fucking stupid? Of course they were drafted (or not) last year. My bet is that Te'o will go before the slots they were picked. Are you up for it?
Killian

Post by Killian »

Where in your link did it say anything about this being used to generate sympathy in the run up to the NCG?

Take your time.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:I just want you to know that I approve of this.

/s/

Who the fuck is that? :?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Killian

Post by Killian »

schmick wrote:
Killian wrote:Where in your link did it say anything about this being used to generate sympathy in the run up to the NCG?

Take your time.

Why else would they allow the networks to continue to talk about something they knew was a hoax if not to generate interest in Teo?
When were the networks talking about his girlfriend leading up to the NCG? Be specific and take your time.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Good job. You found the only mention of her on the day of the NCG, during a segment on a show that isn't sports related, where they used an interview of Te'o from November, that ND didn't know about:

Q. And then last one for me. The day of the National Championship game, when you guys had knowledge of this, there was a pregame special on the news morning show about his story. Did you guys know they were planning on doing that? Did you do anything to try to talk them out of that? Or how did you handle that situation?
Jack Swarbrick: Where did it air?

Q. I think it was a CBS morning show.
Jack Swarbrick: I'm not familiar with it. So I guess the quick answer is, since I didn't know it, we didn't we were very conscious of the fact that we didn't know what we didn't know. And so we recognized the challenges of that. If Manti got a question in a media session about that, how do you respond to that? We recognized the challenge of that, and we weighed those difficulties against the on the other hand, these other issues that affecting timing. I'll say one thing. When the investigation concluded and when we got the first report from the investigators, the one thing we were certain of was that this was coming out. There was too much online chatter about it. There was not an intention, a belief, anything that this story would not get told. It was clear it would. We had hoped the first person to tell it was going to be Manti, and, again, the expectation was it was going to happen next week. He didn't get that opportunity without someone else having told the story, but he'll at least have an opportunity to talk about it in the future.

And you're right, no one outside of Notre Dame believes him:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/ ... X8U6h75OxH
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--man ... LZWxKJzihf
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--man ... 13273.html
https://twitter.com/BillisKing/status/2 ... 8415740928

Still haven't said if you want to take me up on that Hungus bet.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Time to bottom line this shit, there are only two possible realities....

A. Te'o is a sick fuck who created an imaginary girlfriend for whatever reason and got busted.

B. Te'o got duped and is the dumbest motherfucker to remain academically eligible in the history of Varsity College Football.

Either way he looks bad, he cost himself millions, he's the butt of some great jokes, and I don't give a fuck. Fuck him and Notre Dame.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

WolverineSteve wrote:B. Te'o got duped and is the dumbest motherfucker to remain academically eligible in the history of Varsity College Football.
Here's your answer. And do asshats like Killitard really expect us to believe that ND football players actually take first semester Calculus? Unreal.
Either way he looks bad, he cost himself millions, he's the butt of some great jokes, and I don't give a fuck. Fuck him and Notre Dame.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:his credibility is going to be damaged for a long time. And it's quite obvious nobody had any intention of telling the truth if and unless the truth had been discovered. And then it was.
This is right on the bullseye and Exhibit 1A why everyone associated with ND and its defenders are jerkoffs of the highest order.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.