It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: Conn. school shooting

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:[
Granted, there are teachers who know how to use a gun
Then shut the fuck up and let them use it. Nobody ever said you have to arm every single teacher.
None of them will ever be armed in the classroom, you ignorant sack of shit, nor should they be. You might as well come up with a more workable solution to the problem, dumbass.....not that your ideas or opinions will ever shape any policies made by a school district.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

dingus wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:Yeah...two people with poor accuracy is better than one. Try again, dumbfuck.
I'm guessing there's 26 families in CT that would have liked to have someone in that building at least trying to divert the shooter. It's this chickenshit(Diego's) mentality that condemns innocents to death in this country. One of the problems with batshit crazy is that it isn't neccessarily apparent until like yesterday. The answer isn't to disarm decent people and wait for the SWAT team to arrive-by the time they get there all that's left to do is count bodies and clean up the mess.
Were the walls in that school thick enough to stop a round? Because unless the defender is incredibly accurate you're saying that casualties caused by someone just spraying their fire is acceptable.

What an idiot.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote: You might as well come up with a more workable solution to the problem,
Like gun control or security guards?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How's that workin out for ya? Idiot.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Because unless the defender is incredibly accurate you're saying that casualties caused by someone just spraying their fire is acceptable.
That's exactly what you're saying, you stupid fuck. Except the shooter needn't "spray his fire" because he can take his time and line up every shot without fear of any return fire.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Teachers going to school armed with firearms? Ain't gonna happen.

Tougher security standards at schools (locked doors, ID required, etc.)? Already implemented at Sandy Hook Elementary and obviously didn't prevent this from happening.

Armed officers at the entrance/metal detectors? Some schools do this already but I'm not aware if they've had any shootings at these schools.

Bottom line, dumbass, is that these types of senseless shootings are likely to happen again...somewhere....be it at a school, theatre, shopping mall, or a post office or other work place.

Gun control? Yeah, our knee jerk politicians will likely go this route even though it won't stop someone from doing this again.
Dee Snutz
Ashamed of Kid Nashville

Post by Dee Snutz »

Mace wrote:Teachers going to school armed with firearms? Ain't gonna happen.

Tougher security standards at schools (locked doors, ID required, etc.)? Already implemented at Sandy Hook Elementary and obviously didn't prevent this from happening.

Armed officers at the entrance/metal detectors? Some schools do this already but I'm not aware if they've had any shootings at these schools.

Bottom line, dumbass, is that these types of senseless shootings are likely to happen again...somewhere....be it at a school, theatre, shopping mall, or a post office or other work place.

Gun control? Yeah, our knee jerk politicians will likely go this route even though it won't stop someone from doing this again.
Tell us more, you fucking failure. We're all dying to know how to become second rate. You're an authority. Who better to advise?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:Bottom line, dumbass, is that these types of senseless shootings are likely to happen again...somewhere....be it at a school, theatre, shopping mall, or a post office or other work place.
And every single one of those locations are "gun free zones." Coincidence? Maybe it's time we re-evaluate that concept. It has clearly failed.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Citizens packing heat...more gun control...neither would prevent another one of these. Batshit crazy murderers will find a way to their ends. Like someone already said, they're crazy, but not necessarily stupid.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Meanwhile, In Israel this week...

Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Derron wrote:Meanwhile, In Israel this week...

Are you saying that the cultures of Israeli & American societies are the same?
9/27/22
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:
Mace wrote:Bottom line, dumbass, is that these types of senseless shootings are likely to happen again...somewhere....be it at a school, theatre, shopping mall, or a post office or other work place.
And every single one of those locations are "gun free zones." Coincidence? Maybe it's time we re-evaluate that concept. It has clearly failed.
Gun free zones without proactive enforcement is destined to fail when some whackjob enters the building determined to kill. Armed guards/metal detectors/locked doors are a start. There's nothing wrong with making a school a "gun free zone" but it has to be enforced. Even then, it won't stop a person who's prepared to die or go to jail.

A person can walk into any football stadium/basketball arena in the country and kill dozens of people. We could declare martial law or turn every public place into an airport, but I don't think the public is ready sacrifice their personal freedoms in exchange for better security. Why? Because these incidents happen so infrequently that most people don't see it as a real probability of happening to them.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:Even then, it won't stop a person who's prepared to die or go to jail.
A bullet in his head will stop him.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Are you saying that the cultures of Israeli & American societies are the same?
Are you saying we can't learn something from Israeli culture? Why is it that you have nothing but one pissweak excuse after another about why people shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves in public places?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Okay, the usual Tea Baggers are eating their own vomit...let's see, blame the teachers for not having guns, arm everyone like Israel, and assume that guns aren't the problem at all when a twisted little fuck accumulates an arsenal big enough to defend a village and goes back to school--or the movies--or shopping. No, it's not the guns. Look, the psycho in the Chinese town who attacked 22 kids with a knife didn't kill anyone. They all survived, most with minimal injuries. What's really disgusting here is the mewling weak arguments against some sort of gun control offered by puss-bags like 1-malt and Derron. You guys are like squirming little shaved rats in a lab experiment.

It's right there in the constitution...I'm allowed to have this and any attempt to take it away will get me soooo mad..
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

On a lighter note...
ABC Reporter Reaches Out to Possible Sandy Hook Victim; Is Told to ‘Eat a Dick’

The rules and ethics of using social media for journalism are still being worked out in a grand experiment, of which ABC reporter Nadine Shubailat was lucky to be a part today. While reaching out to possible victims and family members on Twitter for interviews, she encountered... some resistance:

http://gawker.com/5968650/abc-reporter- ... pular=true
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

what a dump. Clean your act up guys.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Derron wrote:Meanwhile, In Israel this week...

Are you saying that the cultures of Israeli & American societies are the same?
I am saying that our society is undergoing substantial sociological changes, and that you fucking hand wringers just cannot sit around and deny that maybe, just maybe, there will have to be some major paradigm shifts in individual and crowd behavior that will not allow people to be so goddamn dependent on other people for their well being and safety.

Sticking your fat fucking head in the sand and denying that there is danger and risk in a lot of public situations, and waiting on the police to come take a report on what happened to you, if your still alive and not real fuckin dead is probably not going to work real well as you see further degradation in societal morals and behavior.

Been a few changes in our society over the years, and to think that with increased population and the resulting numbers of crazy mother fuckers out there, probably just about anything you do in the way of laws and rules and all that kind of useless shit is still not going to stop these crazy mother fuckers from doing what they do. You can hand wring and postulate all you want, but your individual safety is really going to come back and rest on your own shoulders.

Some will be ready and some won't. Take the results of either position.
Derron
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Good take by Morgan Freeman.

TURN OFF THE NEWS.......

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

I agree with him, but it's hardly an original take. I'm waiting for a week or so until LE finishes its investigation, holds a presser and maybe we'll be little closer to what really went on. There's been so much bullshit come across the news that it's laughable; and I get more real info and semi intelligent commetary HERE which is frightening.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.
I'd rather be remembered as a sad nobody.
Dee Snutz
Ashamed of Kid Nashville

Post by Dee Snutz »

War Wagon wrote:
he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.
I'd rather be remembered as a sad nobody.
I think you out reached your ambition w the word "remembered".
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

Perhaps arming teachers is a way to even the playing field against the sick bastard shooters.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote: Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours.
Riiight. It's just Fox News with the killer's face all over their broadcasts. Fox was the only one racing to get out reports that later proved to be false just to be the first, right? All the other networks were patiently waiting for things to sort themselves out before running with the story. He almost had a point just before he fisted himself with his own retarded bias.

Of course it's unthinkable that we would ever do anything to curb irresponsible journalism or violence in movies, television and video games. That would be censorship which would violate the 1st Amendment. No, what we should do instead is violate the 2nd Amendment.
Last edited by mvscal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:Rack Morgan Freeman.
No.

he doesn't even acknowledge or seem aware of the connection between the shooter and the school, as if this incident was all a ploy for infamy on CNN and Fox.

That's the take of an idiot.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:he doesn't even acknowledge or seem aware of the connection between the shooter and the school,
What connection would that be other than the location of the massacre?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:he doesn't even acknowledge or seem aware of the connection between the shooter and the school,
What connection would that be other than the location of the massacre?
You probably know more about that than I do, actually. But just in case, his mom was a teacher at that school. He had reportedly had an altercation at the school a few days earlier, not sure about what. Still lots of facts to come out, I'm sure.

Regardless, my problem with Freemans' idiotic rant is saying that it's all about making himself infamous in the news media. That's horse shit. Sure, some sickos may think that way, in passing, but I seriously doubt that offers an oz. of motivation.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Roach wrote:In almost all of the active shooter situations, the coward ass hole shooter kills himself as soon as any kind of resistance is met. Just one person able to threaten the shooter can cause an end to the horror.

And it turns out that's exactly what happened at Clackamas Town Center -- perp's rifle jammed, CCW pulled out piece, perp sees resistance, unjams rifle, and offs himself.

Concealed dude potentially saved a whole bunch of lives.
Last edited by Dinsdale on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Roach wrote:Leadership? More like OMG what can I do to look like I care? I'm sure he does care, but he is so used to grandstanding and being a narcissist (like most POTUS have to be to get elected) that he is obsessed to stick his mug on TV and say something, anything.
that's ridiculous, you probably knew that yourself the very second you clicked submit. If you didn't, then I'll put it down as some knee jerk reaction to "say something, anything."

Of course he's got to say something, that's his fucking job.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:
Roach wrote:In almost all of the active shooter situations, the coward ass hole shooter kills himself as soon as any kind of resistance is met. Just one person able to threaten the shooter can cause an end to the horror.

And it turns out that's exactly what happened at Clackamas Town Center -- perp's rifle jammed, CCW pulled out piece, perp sees resistance, unjams rifle, and offs himself.

Concealed dude potentially a whole bunch of lives.
Have not heard that story. I have not been watching MSM because of all this shit. Would be really interested to see this and spread it around. Link ?

Oh and CCW dude at Gresham Fred Meyers did a poor job of concealing his piece yesterday afternoon. The man with a gun call at Fred Meyers really made the Gresham Police shit their pants.
Derron
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:Link ?

KGW.com wrote:PORTLAND -- Nick Meli is emotionally drained. The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.

"I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, 'are you serious?,'" he said.

The friend and baby hit the floor. Meli, who has a concealed carry permit, positioned himself behind a pillar.

"He was working on his rifle," said Meli. "He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side."

The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.

"As I was going down to pull, I saw someone in the back of the Charlotte move, and I knew if I fired and missed, I could hit them," he said.

Meli took cover inside a nearby store. He never pulled the trigger. He stands by that decision.

"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli. "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."

The gunman was dead, but not before taking two innocent lives with him and taking the innocence of everyone else.

"I don't ever want to see anyone that way ever," said Meli. "It just bothers me."

I mean, dude didn't panic, assessed where his misses would go, and awaited his opportunity (which never came)... didn't just go spray-and-pray in a crowded mall... imagine that.

I'd say several people in this thread(s) need to apologize, or at least STFU, since they talked a bunch of shit that proved to be the exact opposite of what happened... dumbfucks.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Yeah, because if one dude does it that way, everyone will do it that way. :meds:

I bet Meli does more training than the average gun owner.
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Yeah, because if one dude does it that way, everyone will do it that way. :meds:

I bet Meli does more training than the average gun owner.
Perhaps he does. So what?

He did it that way and likely saved lives.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Yeah, because if one dude does it that way, everyone will do it that way.

Well, we at least have one example of dude drawing down on a mass-shooter, with heroic results.

Care to cite any others? While there might be other examples, I'm not faniliar with them.

So, with the available data, the Good Guys are 1-for-1. Sounds like really good odds to me.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote: But just in case, his mom was a teacher at that school.
Nope.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

KC Scott wrote:The next time I want to hear Morgan Feemans views on anything other than Driving Miss Daisy or Batman will be the first

Fuck celebs and their shit for brains opinions

And yet these geniuses get their opinions blasted out nationally 24/7.

But I guess you have no problem with that?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Okay, let's sum up the lock-step NRA argument being offered here with a seemingly straight face. First, psychos have to be monitored and controlled more closely because...otherwise they'll easily get lots of weapons and ammo...which of course must be completely available because the 2nd amendment guarantees this and the archaic congressional power of marque and reprisal somehow implies it. The problem with this train of logic is that it's made by fucking Hasbro. Of course the knuckle-dragging Rovians like 1-malt want to double down and insist that MORE guns are a solution. Sure, every school principle should be packing. How about ticket-takers at a movie theater? How about if we all act like cornered and coiled Zionazis in Tel Aviv, looking over our shoulder every minute because everyone hates us?

The real question here is not about psychos at all, but the desperate rigidity of the arms industry. Most folks are aware that the NRA is a powerful lobbying force, but as with AIPAC, or ALEC, most of us have no idea just how powerful and manipulative these groups are. Well..

WAKEY WAKE
Before God was, I am
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Roach wrote: If he is serious he will get to work, probably quietly, trying to get something done.
Now is not the time to talk about gun control.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:The real question here is not about psychos at all, but the desperate rigidity of the arms industry. Most folks are aware that the NRA is a powerful lobbying force, but as with AIPAC, or ALEC, most of us have no idea just how powerful and manipulative these groups are. Well..
Oh, I see. We should allow dangerous psychos to wander around drugged out of their gourds and disarm law abiding citizens. Great plan. What could possibly go wrong?
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:The real question here is not about psychos at all...
Unbelievable.

Stick to flying saucers. You had more credibility there.