Romney's VP, call it

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Romney's VP, call it

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:In a way I'm thinking it was a good choice. We need Rubio in the Senate to provide the leadership there when the GOP takes over.
In a way you are trying to justify a horrible choice.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Paul Ryan listens to Rage? I call total bullshit on that.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Careful what you wish for. Ryan is sharp and articulate
he'd better be......I'm sure Ryan's "social security is a Ponzi scheme" comment is going to come up as will his "Medicare voucher program"

I suppose Romney could have picked someone worse, I just don't know who that would have been.....Ryan is a wall street shill and his biggest task will be shedding that image....
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote: the ever so slightly improving job picture
What the fuck are you talking about?

Don't you DARE question the Financial Guru. I mean, with concise analysis like this, how can you even have any doubt about his cred?

KC Scott wrote:The market is up for 3 reasons...

...the fact that the market is up

Yup, you did read that right -- one of the reasons the market is up, is because the market is up.

Pure. Fucking. Genius.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Dinsdale wrote:
mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote: the ever so slightly improving job picture
What the fuck are you talking about?

Don't you DARE question the Financial Guru. I mean, with concise analysis like this, how can you even have any doubt about his cred?

KC Scott wrote:The market is up for 3 reasons...

...the fact that the market is up

Yup, you did read that right -- one of the reasons the market is up, is because the market is up.

Pure. Fucking. Genius.
it's been a while, but Dinsdale gets the RACK!
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

What guru actually said in full is that the markets might be up because they anticipate QE3 ---> but that QE3 is unlikely, partly because... the markets are up.

And I just got a massive Slupee headache.

:)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:he'd better be......I'm sure Ryan's "social security is a Ponzi scheme" comment is going to come up as will his "Medicare voucher program"
Good. Maybe Plugs can try to explain why his administration plundered Medicare to the tune of $500 BILLION while we're discussing the topic.

I could use a good laugh.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote:Ryan is a wall street shill
Link?

I've been reading about the guy and haven't seen that.

Seems his biggest problem is that he talks budget numbers and solutions that many people just won't accept. No, they'd rather kick the can down the road another generation or six.

At what point do we as a nation face up to the fact that we can't keep living on borrowed money indefinitely?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

War Wagon wrote:At what point do we as a nation face up to the fact that we can't keep living on borrowed money indefinitely?
2040 ---> according to the Ryan paln.

lol

Hilarious to see liberals pissing themselves over Ryan's radical plans.

Ryan is not a sincere reformer, Wagon.

When push came to shove, he voted (TARP) to unconstitutionally force you to kneel before your masters (Citigroup, BoA, JP Morgan Chase, etc.) and suck them to completion.

Taste good?

You can have more of those good times with Romney/Ryan.

Give 'em your vote!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

gotta' start somewhere, 'tart.

16 trillion is a big number.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:When push came to shove, he voted (TARP) to unconstitutionally force you to kneel before your masters (Citigroup, BoA, JP Morgan Chase, etc.) and suck them to completion.
YAY Freedom!! We get to choose which pair of Wall Street bukkake targets we would prefer to have picking our pockets. Change you can believe in! Of course the most pathetic thing of all is that Ryan is what passes for a "radical right wing" fiscal conservative these days.

Stick a fork in this dumbed down shithole. It's over.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mv, always the "glass is half full" guy.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

To vote for Barry, you need to be a mental child.

To vote for Romney, you need to be irrationally optimistic.

You've got the lesser of two evils, but you're still very much an idiot.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And to vote for anyone else is a wasted vote, so what's the solution?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:And to vote for anyone else is a wasted vote, so what's the solution?
There isn't one. This country is broken. Humpty Dumpty has fallen off the wall.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Go to the theology forum...

Well, politically, all we can do is use our vote.

So vote for who you want as President.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:
There isn't one. This country is broken. Humpty Dumpty has fallen off the wall.
That's it. Without viable third (or more) parties who aren't beholden to maintaining the status quo at any cost, there is no solution. All we have to look forward to is more insipid, insidious gridlock.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:All we have to look forward to is more insipid, insidious gridlock.
Gridlock would be a fucking godsend. Things tend to fly off the rails when these assholes get together to "fix things." The best we can hope from the current crop of idiots in Washington is that they do nothing at all.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:he'd better be......I'm sure Ryan's "social security is a Ponzi scheme" comment is going to come up as will his "Medicare voucher program"
Good. Maybe Plugs can try to explain why his administration plundered Medicare to the tune of $500 BILLION while we're discussing the topic.

It would look something like this...

Her hand wavy panic is absolutely CLASSIC!

BWAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA!!

Owned.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:

of course that's total fucking bullshit and shit that's spewed by people like you....a complete and utter falsehood....the affordable care act will slow the growth of Medicare by $500 billion over a 10 year period, it won't take anything away from Medicare....it will cut reimbursements to providers.....and irony of irony, both Romney and Ryan supported it before they were against it.....the hypocrisy of both those fucking toold is repulsive
As we have written many times, the law does not slash the current Medicare budget by $500 billion. Rather, that’s a $500 billion reduction in the future growth of Medicare over 10 years, or about a 7 percent reduction in growth over the decade. In other words, Medicare spending would continue to rise, just not as much. The law stipulates that guaranteed Medicare benefits won’t be reduced, and it adds some new benefits, such as improved coverage for pharmaceuticals.

Most of those savings come from a reduction in the future growth of payments to hospitals and other providers (not physicians), and a reduction in payments to private Medicare Advantage plans to bring those payments in line with traditional Medicare. (MA plans have been paid more per beneficiary than traditional Medicare.)

And it assumes they actually happen. There’s good reason to think that some of those reductions won’t be implemented. The law calls for cuts in the future growth of reimbursement payments to hospitals and other health care providers — that accounts for $219 billion of the Medicare savings in the law.
so where is this "plundering" taking place at? and quit pretending like you give two flying fucks about senior citizens....your continued feigned outrage at shit you don't care about in the least is becoming really fucking tedious.....

Ryans voucher system will issue vouchers, which would cover a diminishing portion of seniors' healthcare costs and the seniors would be on the hook for the balance. Make no mistake, Ryans plan would effectively end Medicare.....so, if you think Mittens and Ryan are going to be able to sell that horseshit to the american people, think again.....
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Jsc810 wrote:That didn't take long.
USAT/Gallup Poll: Paul Ryan gets low marks for VP

Americans don't believe GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney hit a home run with his choice of Paul Ryan as a running mate, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, with more of the public giving him lower marks than high ones.

Ryan, a Wisconsin congressman, is seen as only a "fair" or "poor" choice by 42% of Americans vs. 39% who think he is an "excellent" or "pretty good" vice presidential choice.
So you are fellating USA Today this morning ?

Like all "polls" this is one as flawed as the rest of them, but you sucked on to that as fast as you did with your other wailing rants..

Go ahead and get the statistical and demographic data on that poll and post it in support of your cock gobbling, so we can see how slanted it is. You should be able to come up with that.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

poptart wrote:
mvscal wrote:

It would look something like this...

Her hand wavy panic is absolutely CLASSIC!

BWAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA!!

Owned.

This is a classic example of the exasperatingly bratty sensibility and behavior of the Tea Baggers. It's not such a surprise that simplistic radicals like this might behave like a child on the playground, but that such disgraceful immaturity should have pushed and wedged its way into the cockpit of the GOP--and is running it straight into the ground--is shocking and embarrassing. Imagine how this wind-up puppet would "discus" women's rights to choose an abortion.
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:of course that's total fucking bullshit and shit that's spewed by people like you....a complete and utter falsehood....the affordable care act will slow the growth of Medicare by $500 billion over a 10 year period, it won't take anything away from Medicare....it will cut reimbursements to providers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh...OK. They're going to spend $500 billion dollars less on Medicare but it isn't a cut. Got it.

Your 30 gram chocolate ration has been increased to 25 grams. Hooray.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:Oh...OK. They're going to spend $500 billion dollars less on Medicare but it isn't a cut. Got it.

good, I'm glad you can grasp that reducing payments to PROVIDERS in no way affects the amount of Medicare senior citizens will receive.....tell me, what's Romney's plan for Medicare?

never mind, he doesn't have a "plan" just promises that after he's elected he's going to formulate a plan-I'm sure it will ge a super duper plan, but right now he's a little hazy on specifics.....that doesn't even qualify as an idea.....

of course, his fall back is the "voucher plan" which will undoubtedly shift the burden of responsiblity to the seniors.....

"sorry Mrs. Smith, your voucher is only good for $100 and we charge $150 per visit....you're going to have to make up the difference" brilliant, that should win a lot of seniors votes....
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:"sorry Mrs. Smith, your voucher is only good for $100 and we charge $150 per visit....you're going to have to make up the difference" brilliant, that should win a lot of seniors votes....
Oh, so it's about buying votes with tax dollars not providing heathcare. Good to see a brief glimmer of honesty from a pitiful, lying sack of shit like you.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:

Oh, so it's about buying votes with tax dollars not providing heathcare. Good to see a brief glimmer of honesty from a pitiful, lying sack of shit like you.
how does reducing Medicare spending over a 10 year period TO PROVIDERS (by eliminating such things as fraud, double payments, etc.) result in "buying votes" of senior citizens?

and maybe once again you could tell me, why were Romney and Ryan both in favor of the 700 billion reduction which is included in Ryan's budget...

Ryans budget calls for 700 billion that will come from the elderly, and therein lies the difference between the two plans.....

the fact that Ryan's draconian budget cuts are going to put mom and pop in the poor house may have some impact....I'd comment on Romney's plan, but he doesn't have one, so all I can assume is that Romney is going to go lock step with what his masters (ryan and the rest of Wall Street) tell him to do.....good to know the Republicans are standing up for the little guy.....

how any fucking moderate to slightly upper income person can vote for a republican is fucking beyond me.....they don't do anything to help the middle class, they just figure out ways to funnel more money to their rich buddies......seriously, you should be ashamed of yourself

edit....I noticed that the great orator from Wisconsin has managed to push through two ground breaking laws since be began his 14 year career.....one was renaming a post office in his district....he's thwarted any attempt at bipartisanship and twarted the dems at every turn.....say, that's quite a record Ryan is sporting....he could qualify to run as dogcatcher.....
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:

how does reducing Medicare spending over a 10 year period TO PROVIDERS (by eliminating such things as fraud, double payments, etc.) result in "buying votes" of senior citizens?

and maybe once again you could tell me, why were Romney and Ryan both in favor of the 700 billion reduction which is included in Ryan's budget...

Ryans budget calls for 700 billion that will come from the elderly, and therein lies the difference between the two plans.....
You are easily the dumbest son-of-a-bitch to ever mash submit on this Board. One would've thought when I ran you screaming like a little girl out of the TNW football forum years ago (don't deny it; there are folks around here that still remember), you'd have learned to have sense enough to represent a modicum of truth. Apparently, SOMEBODY is long overdue a reminder...
Payment for health plans would be based on a process of competitive market bidding. Private plans, as well as traditional fee-for-service Medicare, would bid by offering a package of Medicare benefits for a certain price. The Ryan–Wyden proposal would establish a benchmark for plan payment based on the second-lowest-plan bid. Beneficiaries would be free to choose the benefit packages of plans above the benchmark payment, but they would pay the difference between the government payment and the higher-priced plan. On the other hand, if a beneficiary chooses a cheaper plan, they would pocket the difference as personal savings.

With competition on a level playing field, health plans would have powerful market incentives to offer a variety of benefits at the lowest possible cost. This is the beauty and benefit of the free market. Studies by the Congressional Budget Office and academics such as Bryan Dowd and Roger Feldman estimate that these changes can result in substantial savings.

Under the Ryan–Wyden proposal, all Medicare beneficiaries would be guaranteed the level of benefits offered in traditional Medicare. But the financing of the system would be improved by replacing the rigid system of administrative pricing and price controls on medical services. Medicare bureaucrats routinely set prices too high and too low, resulting in windfalls for some providers or a shortfall in services in some areas. Intense competition on a level playing field among health plans ensures that they would bid to offer services closer to the actual costs of providing those services.
Your carbon exhalations poison our atmosphere and heat our Earth, and your consumption of resources pushes us that much closer to the annihilation of our species. Not to mention everything you post makes us all dumber for having read it. At least L-TARD makes us laugh on occasion. Please just die. TIA.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:he's thwarted any attempt at bipartisanship and twarted the dems at every turn......

In the same post that you incorrectly referenced "Ryan's" Medicare plan?

Let me help you out, since your letter-by-their-name dickslurping has clouded your vision (for the umpteenth time)...

It's the "Wyden-Ryan Medicare Plan"... you know, THAT Ron Wyden? Considered possibly the most liberal member of the Senate? THAT Wyden?

Of course, Wyden's D-sporting overlords have tongue-lashed him for being linked to Ryan, and he rather uncharacteristically (as far as being bossed around by the party) has tried to distance himself from it.

But it's nice that you believe that the D's don't also try to funnel as much grift as they can to their rich buddies.

Felix -- did you hear they took the word "gullible" out of the dictionary?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:Ryan's draconian budget cuts
lol

Yes, so draconian that his paln doesn't call for a balanced budget until... 2040.

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe the party which hasn't produced a budget for 3 years and has run 1,000,000,000+ deficits each of those years is the party that is completely off the wall?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:how does reducing Medicare spending over a 10 year period TO PROVIDERS (by eliminating such things as fraud, double payments, etc.) result in "buying votes" of senior citizens?
Oh, I get it. We just "eliminate" fraud.

Got it.

mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote:
Felix wrote:how does reducing Medicare spending over a 10 year period TO PROVIDERS (by eliminating such things as fraud, double payments, etc.) result in "buying votes" of senior citizens?

Got it.

Why is the fraud and overpayment accounting problems there in the first place ? Why does Barry not have his administration get this shit cleaned up in the last 3 years ?

Obongo is going to crack down on payments to the medical system? The very people who help elect him ?

Savings over 10 years ? So in 10 years you can cure what the last 40 or so years of corrupt and incompetent business practices by both parties Created ??? Liberal fucking kool aid... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derron
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:

Got it.

doctors bilking the system out of millions of dollars is one gigantic problem and the fact you don't realize it doesn't surprise me in the least.....

what would you say the biggest problem with Medicare is?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Derron wrote: Why is the fraud and overpayment accounting problems there in the first place ? Why does Barry not have his administration get this shit cleaned up in the last 3 years ? Obongo is going to crack down on payments to the medical system? The very people who help elect him ?

Savings over 10 years ? So in 10 years you can cure what the last 40 or so years of corrupt and incompetent business practices by both parties Created ??? Liberal fucking kool aid... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why didn't any of his predecessors fix it? Why is it suddenly his fault that fraud and waste that have run rampant ever since the program was instituted?

and why are you conservatives acting like you give two flying fucks about Medicare because you don't....you never have and you never will.....but now, the crocodile tears are flowing because "the poor seniors" are going to get screwed.....under Obama they won't, but under Romney they're going to get butt fucked in the mouth.....
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
smackaholic wrote:

Got it.

doctors bilking the system out of millions of dollars is one gigantic problem and the fact you don't realize it doesn't surprise me in the least.....

what would you say the biggest problem with Medicare is?
Well, no shit, bilking the system is a problem. It is fukking inherent in the system. THIS can not be helped. It is fukking inherent in any system where A provides a service for B and C pays the bill. Is that so fukking hard to understand?

The way to fix is is to let people spend their own money. They are better at watching it than some gubmint hack.

If party B is not involved in the payment equation, A will buttfukk C in the mouth. It is just how we human beings roll.

This simple universal fact is why communism CAN'T work. Same goes with all the half baked versions of communism that "progressives" try to pass off as capitalism with a heart.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Felix wrote:
Derron wrote: Why is the fraud and overpayment accounting problems there in the first place ? Why does Barry not have his administration get this shit cleaned up in the last 3 years ? Obongo is going to crack down on payments to the medical system? The very people who help elect him ?

Why didn't any of his predecessors fix it? Why is it suddenly his fault that fraud and waste that have run rampant ever since the program was instituted?

and why are you conservatives acting like you give two flying fucks about Medicare because you don't....you never have and you never will.....but now, the crocodile tears are flowing because "the poor seniors" are going to get screwed.....under Obama they won't, but under Romney they're going to get butt fucked in the mouth.....
You dense prattling babbling liberal..read much where I said " both" parties ?

Nice melt...
Derron
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote: The way to fix is is to let people spend their own money. They are better at watching it than some gubmint hack.
and where are these people on fixed incomes supposed to come up with this money to spend?
so how much do you think a health insurance policy for somebody say 64 is?
This simple universal fact is why communism CAN'T work. Same goes with all the half baked versions of communism that "progressives" try to pass off as capitalism with a heart.
since when does caring for the health of a fellow human being equate to communism?
I always thought it fell under "compassion" and "helping your fellow man"
now I come to find out that Medicare and social security are nothing be communist plots.

hey, how do you think Ryan will respond when somebody asks him about the two years he was receiving social security benefits that he never earned?

its like the guy who builds his house on a lake, but then fights tooth and nail for anyone elses right to build on that same lake.....
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Derron wrote: You dense prattling babbling liberal..read much where I said " both" parties ?
oh I guess it was the fact that you invoked Obama's name within the first two sentences begging why didn't he fix it" that threw me
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:Romney has united Republicans and Democrats.
Despite the most frantic and desperate spin to contrary from lying, cum gargling dipshits such as yourself, Ryan has higher favorability ratings than anyone else on the top of either ticket.
50% Now View Paul Ryan Favorably; 43% Say He Was Right Choice

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters now have a favorable opinion of Ryan, while 32% view him unfavorably. This includes 29% with a Very Favorable view of Romney’s vice presidential pick and 13% with a Very Unfavorable one.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ght_choice
Ohio: 51% Have Favorable Opinion of Paul Ryan

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... _paul_ryan
Near-Even Split on Ryan – But With Positive Movement

AGE and SEX – As noted, seniors are of interest given Ryan’s proposal to revamp Medicare with a system in which the government would give older Americans a fixed sum with which to buy insurance. They moved in Ryan’s favor, from a 28-28 percent favorable-unfavorable view prospectively to 46-28 percent this weekend. Again a sizable number, 26 percent, are undecided; debate over Ryan’s position on Medicare may inform their views.

Younger adults, age 18-39, also moved in Ryan’s favor, but from a more negative view before the announcement, 18-29 percent positive-negative, to a divided one, 34-36 percent.

Ryan also saw a gain among women, a weak group for Romney compared with Obama; favorable views of the choice rose from 19 percent of women last week to 37 percent this weekend. Among men they went from 27 percent previously to a similar 38 percent after the announcement was made.

This survey is based on two independent national samples consisting of 667 interviews Wednesday-Friday, before Ryan’s selection was made public, and 522 interviews Saturday and Sunday, after its announcement.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... -movement/