Let the Peyton Manning sweepstakes begin

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

mvscal
Blank

Re: Let the Peyton Manning sweepstakes begin

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:With all the questions surrounding his arm he'll need to show that he can play before anyone throws any sort of serious $$ his way...
That is absolutely ridiculous. You sign Manning, you're signing the Manning brand. That's all it'll take.
and he's certainly not signing for chickenfeed.
Of course not. I never suggested he wouldn't.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, like I said...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 01591.html

...no one is signing this guy until: 1. He passes a physical. 2. He works out for them and proves he can throw at something approaching his former level.

What, are you guys stupid?
Last edited by Van on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:... no one is signing this guy until: 1. He passes a physical. 2. He works out for them and proves he can throw at something approaching his former level.

What, are you guys stupid?
No, you're simply pitifully naive. "Passing a physical" is simply contractual due diligence. If the powers that be truly want a player to "pass a physical," you can rest assured that he will be "good to go." Proving he can throw at "something approaching his former level" is semantically null content.

His "former level" will be whatever it is his new employers say it is. Peyton Fucking Manning doesn't even have to step on the field to make money for his new team.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Right, and Elway, Fox and a trainer all flew out to Durham, N.C. to watch him work out just for their health.

Admit it, you were wrong.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:Right, and Elway, Fox and a trainer all flew out to Durham, N.C. to watch him work out just for their health.
My goodness...you mean three people flew out on a private jet to Durham, NC?!? WOW!! What a lavish expenditure!!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The point was that no one was going to sign him until he passed a physical and proved he could still throw. No GM in the league was simply going to take his word for it and just hope he can sell some jerseys, not for the kind of money he'll command. They would have to work him out first, which is exactly what's happening. First SF worked him out, now Denver, and soon Tennessee. All three are also making him pass a physical.

Love how you're already backpedaling from this...
Fuck, he might not even pass a physical.
Now that he actually is passing these physicals each team is giving him, here you come with...
"Passing a physical" is simply contractual due diligence. If the powers that be truly want a player to "pass a physical," you can rest assured that he will be "good to go."
:lol:

Hopefully he does end up in Denver, then you can hit the trifecta of being wrong:

1-Tim Tebow. Bwaa.

2. Peyton Manning won't need to pass a physical or prove he can play before someone signs him.

3. Peyton's career is "ovah."

Well, you're going to end up being wrong on all three regardless, so it doesn't matter where Manning signs. You've already been proven wrong on the Peyton issues, and now it's just a matter of time until the Tebow experiment comes to an end. If that guy gets shipped off to Jacksonville, he'll be out of the league within three years.

The funniest thing of all is that you think a team like Denver would sign Manning just to sell jerseys. Christ, dumbass, look who they already have there. Could anyone possibly sell more jerseys than Tim Tebow, and is Denver the least bit hurting for attendance?

Nope and nope, and still they'll cart Tebow right on out of there if they're able to sign Manning...which they won't do unless he's proven to them that he can step in and play.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:You've already been proven wrong on the Peyton issues,
Why don't you go ahead an link me up?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Van wrote:All three are also making him pass a physical.
every player in the league has to pass a physical, it's part of the collective bargaining agreement....it's the individual teams that establish the criteria for "passing" the physical
get out, get out while there's still time
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

There ya go, mvscal, proof that you were wrong. Before anyone signs him, he is being made to pass a physical and show that he can play. His career isn't over, and he isn't being brought in merely to sell jerseys, which, in the case of Denver, was one of the more idiotic things you've ever posted...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 01591.html

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Today's wild rumor of the day:

New England will fucking trade for Tebow if Manning signs with Dungver. :doh: :lol: McDaniels is back in NE and he pushed hard for the Broncos to draft him in the first round. Boston media is also replaying how Belichick and Tebow were spotted at a North End Italian joint before the draft. In case you never heard about this:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sport ... and-links/
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, riding the pine for a few years behind Tom Brady sure would be one good way for Tebow to remain in the league.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Van wrote:Well, riding the pine for a few years behind Tom Brady sure would be one good way for Tebow to remain in the league.
McDaniels has something specifically in mind when he pushed to draft tebow....playing timmy in some sort of hybrid back position could create a lot of headaches for an opposing team...I always thought that's what McDaniel had planned for him....
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Okay, let me amend that...

Riding the pine for a few years behind Tom Brady and/or playing H-Back in some Mickey Mouse gimmick scheme would sure be two good ways for Tebow to remain in the league.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Hey Denver, you still want Tebow?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77091 ... ources-say

:popcorn:

And the Niners/Alex Smith angle is another juicy one to watch now that Peyton said no to Frisco. Can you say awkward?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, as buddy-buddy as Harbaugh has been with Smith of late, this really will be an awkward deal for them going forward. All the talk around here has centered around Harbaugh actually befriending Smith to the point that they hang out and play golf together, have dinners together, laugh and joke together...all the things Harbaugh basically doesn't do with any of his other players. Supposedly those two developed a real bond.

And now this.

Love how Skip Bayless is so confident that Tebow will resurrect a moribund Jacksonville franchise. Yes, he'll sell jerseys and put butts in the seats there, but he remains Tim Tebow, the QB. Unless he gets his shit together on a technical level, I still say he won't be in the league three years from now. Once he crashes and burns in the one place that will give him the longest rope in the NFL, what would be left for him?

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Shoalzie wrote:Hey Denver, you still want Tebow?
Felix wrote: gotta be honest, I'm pretty luke warm about the possibility......
talk about a nutshot for timmy....
still not completely sold, but Manning is a definite upgrade to the passing game....that is if he doesn't get killed....Denver's offensive line still needs help
And the Niners/Alex Smith angle is another juicy one to watch now that Peyton said no to Frisco. Can you say awkward?
San Fran was in the drivers seat until Manning said yes to Denver....now Smith has them by the short hairs....
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Miami just keeps getting fucked left and right. No matter the guy, whether it's a coach, a HOF free agent QB or a seventh-round backup QB with a total of two career starts, they are summarily dismissed.

Jeff Ireland...you the man.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Will Dallas Clark follow him to Denver?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And Jeff Saturday?

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Shoalzie wrote:Hey Denver, you still want Tebow?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77091 ... ources-say
They should. They would be fools to trade him given Manning's precarious heath status.
details such as guaranteed money, structure of the deal and contract language designed to protect the Broncos in the event of Manning's inability to perform due to his prior neck surgeries all will be addressed in the contract
...he (Manning) has told all teams that he still has gains to achieve in terms of arm strength and endurance that are related to nerve regeneration due to his neck injury.
workouts -- were satisfactory enough

Not exactly a ringing endorsement and nerve regeneration only rarely results in anything close to a full recovery.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, that's true. The health/safety risks are nonissues. He's fine there. He's no more at risk to get hurt than he was in 2008. The nerve regeneration issue is a bitch, though. That one is markedly different.

In 2001 I had the identical surgery Manning just went through: neurospinal fusion surgery to repair C5 through C7. After clearing away the damaged vertebrae, they performed a bone graft to build a "bone-bridge" there, which they then secured with titanium plates.

My understanding is that this is almost exactly what they did to Manning, and his doctors have assured him that structurally he's as solid as a rock. My doc told me that I was free to do anything I wanted. The spinal cord was secure, the vertebrae were properly smoothed out and shielded, and the whole thing posed no extra risk of damage due to collision. He didn't try to forbid me from riding motorcycles anymore, not even at the track. He said the only possible issue would be a loss of range of motion, which was more than negated by the fact that the RoM was already limited pre-surgery by the damaged nerves. Post-surgery, I probably ended up with better RoM.

The doc also warned me that I probably had about ten years before the new joints he'd created would begin to fail as a result of the excess torque they receive from being solidly bolted together.

Manning won't have to worry about that one until he's well into his broadcasting career.

Nerve regeneration, however, that's a different thing. There is no way to know how any individual will fare there, except to say that the process will certainly take a lot longer, regardless of how it turns out.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

They didn't use a cadaver to harvest bone for my surgery. Nope, they did a fucking bone graft, extracting it from the inside of my hip, not the outside, which sure would've made it a lot easier on me. That damn bone graft hurt much more and for a lot longer than the actual neck surgery.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
They should. They would be fools to trade him given Manning's precarious heath status.
I just don't think tebow will stay, regardless of whether denver offers him a contract or not.....they'll pick up some other clipboard carrier and take their chances....
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

This is the biggest move in NFL free agency history. The Bronco went from 75/1 to 10/1 to win the Super Bowl with in hours after the deal. Everyone brings up good points but its hard to argue Vegas Odds Makers. For me its a win win situation...even if Manning has a career ending injury week 1 I don't have to look forward to a Tim Tebow option offense circus
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:
I just don't think tebow will stay, regardless of whether denver offer
s him a contract or not.....they'll pick up some other clipboard carrier and take their chances....
No way Tebow stays in Denver! Just image ONE mistake by Manning at Mile High.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Nearly every analyst I've heard today said pretty much the same thing; namely, that Elway was never going to be comfortable with permanently turning the team over to Tebow. He simply doesn't see the guy as being suited to run a sustainable NFL offense. He wants a "normal" QB, so whether or not Manning had signed with Denver, Elway was going to remain on the look-out for someone better suited to run his offense.

Basically, he couldn't wait for an opportunity to get out from under this boat anchor of fan/media adoration for a guy who was never going to work out. Manning becoming available was the ultimate godsend for him since even the most ardent Tebow fans have to concede the fact that hey, it's Peyton Manning.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

godzilla2002 wrote:
Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:
I just don't think tebow will stay, regardless of whether denver offer
s him a contract or not.....they'll pick up some other clipboard carrier and take their chances....
No way Tebow stays in Denver! Just image ONE mistake by Manning at Mile High.
Tebow can't beat the Patriots either.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

that's a lot of dough

jeezus, 96 mil for five years?
so much for the "incentive/perfomance" based contract....
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

fuck manning, fuck horse face, fuck the donks
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:Miami just keeps getting fucked left and right. No matter the guy, whether it's a coach, a HOF free agent QB or a seventh-round backup QB with a total of two career starts, they are summarily dismissed.

Jeff Ireland...you the man.
No doubt. Ireland is a fuckwit and his team is a total clusterfuck. Peyton Manning....no, wait, Matt Flynn...um, errr, oh, wait! David Garrard!!
Dolphins fans protest way team is being run

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... z1pi5XZ8jf
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

In his defense, Ireland supposedly wasn't going to pay someone like Alex Smith or Matt Flynn the kind of money they can get elsewhere, figuring neither guy is really any better than the $2 million-per-year dude they already have. The story goes that he turned Flynn down, not the other way around.

Dumping their only quality receiver for being a headcase and getting nothing in return? Losing out on Fisher directly because of Ireland's presence? No attempt to nab Mario Williams while putting all their eggs in the Peyton Manning basket?

Other than looking to run a tight ship financially, does this team have any plan whatsoever?
Last edited by Van on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Talk on the radio here is that the Packers have considered trading for Tebow if they can get him for a late-round draft choice. Send him to Mike McCarthy's QB School and he becomes the next Matt Flynn (7th round draft choice).
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

At this point Elway just wants the Tebow mess to be over. He'll give the guy up for one of Aaron Rodgers' guitars.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
No doubt. Ireland is a fuckwit and his team is a total clusterfuck. Peyton Manning....no, wait, Matt Flynn...um, errr, oh, wait! David Garrard!!
Ireland asking Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute during an interview prior to the 2010 draft demonstrates a very high level of douchebaggery
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:Pretty funny. Just now seeing Elway saying something to the effect of "I think we (meaning Elway) can even improve Peyton".

Sorry, Elway. You weren't bad in your day, but you were NEVER on Peyton's level. Suck your ego back in your pocket and just shut the fuck up, horsey-mouth.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Ireland asking Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute during an interview prior to the 2010 draft demonstrates a very high level of douchebaggery
On the other hand, Dez Bryant also demonstrates a very high level of douchebaggery.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:I just don't think tebow will stay, regardless of whether denver offers him a contract or not......
Just as a point of fact, Tebow is still under contract. He's not a free agent.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Which is why Denver was able to trade him to New York, seemingly one of the last places he would ever want to be. Had he been a free agent, he would've already signed with Jacksonville.

I'm actually surprised Elway didn't accomodate him by making a similar deal with the Jags. All Denver received in return for Tebow was a bag of peanuts, and Elway said he really wanted to accomodate Tebow's wishes, so why such a hasty trade to New York? He could have just as easily unloaded him on Jacksonville.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

And now it looks like Denver will have to eat 5 million to keep Tebow out of J-Ville.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-the-mix/

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

What's the difference? The team to whom Denver trades Tebow will have to eat that $5 million, regardless. Is Jacksonville saying they're willing to do so? Unless that's the case, Denver will have to eat the money regardless of where they send him.