Super Bowl

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Super Bowl

Post by Mikey »

War Wagon wrote:
Mikey wrote:Never heard of being "in the grasp" as having any relevance at all to grounding.
In the grasp is subjective and irrelevant. If a QB throws the ball away (no receiver in the area) while in the pocket to avoid a sack, it's grounding.
Exactly. If the QB is "in the grasp" the officials can call the play dead, similar to stopping forward progress. Not the same thing as intentional grounding.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

You’re looking for logic in a suckaholic post? Good luck with that.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mikey wrote: If the QB is "in the grasp" the officials can call the play dead, similar to stopping forward progress. Not the same thing as intentional grounding.
But in this case, the same result.... a safety.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Mikey wrote: If the QB is "in the grasp" the officials can call the play dead, similar to stopping forward progress. Not the same thing as intentional grounding.
But in this case, the same result.... a safety.
Well yeah, Whitey, that's the way the rules are written.

Then there’s this:
It’s been more than four years now since the dark cloud of the “Spygate” scandal passed over the New England Patriots, but the Pats’ reemergence this season as a Super Bowl team has reignited the discussion. Former New York Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer said he’d put an asterisk on all three New England championships.

“I would,” he said today in an interview with Jim Rome. “I would, definitely. Without question.

“Tom Brady hasn’t won a Super Bowl since Spygate. If they don’t win another Super Bowl with Brady, with [coach Bill] Belichick, their three Super Bowls that they did win are going to be tainted. It’s going to be like Barry Bonds. You’re going to look at these three Super Bowls with an asterisk because of Spygate.

Belichick and the Patriots were disciplined by the league office when they were caught videotaping the New York Jets’ defensive coaches’ signals during a Sept. 9, 2007 game. It was later revealed that Belichick was guilty of taping many other teams, including the St. Louis Rams during preparations for Super Bowl XXXVI.

“If you know somebody’s defensive calls before you line up on the field, that’s as close to cheating as you can get in the NFL,” Toomer said. “If you know what their adjustments are, what their signals are, and you practice with those signals, that’s cheating. There’s no other way to slice it.”
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Giselle's prayer chain went unanswered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... efeat.html

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:Never heard of being "in the grasp" as having any relevance at all to grounding.
Being in the grasp is not part of the definition. My point is, even though there has to be some sort of definition for grounding, it is still a subjective call. Also, as a general rule, announcer dude is all over that call before the zebra eve has a chance to reach for his flag. If I recall, even the zebras had a little chat before they threw the flag.

One thing is for sure, I'll bet the next time it happens, tom will at least throw it in the same zipcode as one of his receivers.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

There was nothing subjective about that call, you gibbering fucktard. Between the tackles, (Whitey]eminent[/Whitey] pressure, ball thrown to an area devoid of receivers. What the fuck is your major malfunction?

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:Giselle's prayer chain went unanswered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... efeat.html
I think we should have a prayer chain for some sort of decent halftime show next year. Cougarpalooza really was sad. She shakes that thing OK.....for someone half a century old.

I would like to see it actually be football related. Anyone remember the pass and kick kiddie competition they used to have in the 70s? I don't know if they ever did it during a superbowl, but, it was cool to watch.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:There was nothing subjective about that call, you gibbering fucktard. Between the tackles, (Whitey]eminent[/Whitey] pressure, ball thrown to an area devoid of receivers. What the fuck is your major malfunction?
eminent and iminent pressure are subjective.

area devoid of receivers is subjective.

he was between the tackles, but there was all the room in the world to run to the right to avoid pressure. he chose instead to do what qbs do all the time and get away with it.....throw it away. he just did a very bad job of throwing it away. shouldn't have cost points in my rather subjective opinion.

btw, i'm not playing bitter pat fan. been a fan of both teams most of my life. would root for either one against anyone else in the league.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:There was nothing subjective about that call, you gibbering fucktard. Between the tackles, (Whitey]eminent[/Whitey] pressure, ball thrown to an area devoid of receivers. What the fuck is your major malfunction?

he was between the tackles, but there was all the room in the world to run to the right to avoid pressure. he chose instead to do what qbs do all the time and get away with it.....throw it away. he just did a very bad
job of throwing it away. shouldn't have cost points in my rather subjective opinion.
More often than not, intentional grounding is called though you'll see more of a delay in that call than others because of referee positioning. That penalty was pretty clear. No receiver within at least 15 yards of the throw. Qb between the tackles and most importantly, in the end zone.

Brady should have known better.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:

he was between the tackles, but there was all the room in the world to run to the right to avoid pressure. he chose instead to do what qbs do all the time and get away with it.....throw it away. he just did a very bad job of throwing it away. shouldn't have cost points in my rather subjective opinion.

The rulebook clearly states that it’s worth two points. Thankfully your totally misguided opinion carries no weight.

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:Yeah, yeah, I know there were actually players from other schools and states in the game.
It came down to who was getting the ring -- Patrick Chung, or Spencer Paysinger.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote: there was all the room in the world to run to the right to avoid pressure.
So what? That's like trying to argue that an offensive lineman shouldn't be flagged for holding because the play wasn't to his side.

It was pretty much a textbook example of intentional grounding. It was a rare brain fart from a player who is usually smarter than that.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I can't believe Ucant posted this video of his wife.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Awesome find Goods.
:bode:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

It's a shame they can't cherry pick half their schedule.
Go Bucs, Gators
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

It's Pete Rozelle's legacy. NFL parody.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Bucmonkey wrote:It's a shame they can't cherry pick half their schedule.
Losing twice to the Redskins, though?

I know they were banged up bad half the season, but damn...
BFD

When has it ever been any different?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
Bucmonkey wrote:It's a shame they can't cherry pick half their schedule.
Losing twice to the Redskins, though?

I know they were banged up bad half the season, but damn...
BFD

When has it ever been any different?
Before Pete Rozelle came along?

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

You mean, before Pete Rozelle came along, injuries to key players had no impact on a team's fortunes? You sure about that?

I think you're full of shit. Prove me wrong.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Before Pete Rozelle came along?
Oh yeah the good old days, pre-1960. It was a much better game back then.