Chip and Sam (National Champ Game!)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Chip and Sam (National Champ Game!)

Post by Van »

Felix, most of those guys did qualify it by saying that they'd vote for the Tide in the event of a Bama blowout, which is certainly what we saw tonight. I doubt any of them will go against Bama now.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:Shrubber, congrats on not even making the tournament, then sucking your own dick and begging for recognition like a little girl afterwards.

Please, tell us your heartwarming story about your dad again, and how he told you always to pick dogs in bowl games. Riveting shit...really. It gets better every time you tell it.

Wonder why he didn't instruct you on how to make picks all season long, and not just during a short tournament? You know...so you coulda made the very tournament about which you're now prancing around saying, "Look at meeee! Look at meeeee!"
'atta boy!

pile it on thick, I'm suffocating from a lack of sarcasm here.

perhaps I should send Rog a pic of last years football.
Last edited by War Wagon on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Van wrote:so you coulda made the very tournament about which you're now prancing around saying, "Look at meeee! Look at meeeee!"
there's a visual image that will be burned into my memory for some time to come....

get out, get out while there's still time
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

socal wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:No idea why Fresno State didn't hire their former OC Jim McElwain who is going to be the HC @ Colorado State.
Fresno or Colorado? Tough one there.

:lol:

I hope Tim Deruyter works out. Decent cat.
Yes, I'd go to Colorado like any sane person. Tim is going to run a different defense which is a 3-4 as they've always sucked except for the year Trent Dilfer, Lorenzo Neal and that defense they've had beat USC in the Freedom Bowl.

The administration didn't listen to Jim Sweeney when he said Jeff Tedford should take over the program. Oh well, let's see if this works.

Tim has an NFL QB on loan in David Carr's little brother Derek and a very fast young team to coach.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Papa Willie wrote:1. Yes - Les Miles is a stupid son of a bitch. He's had a LOT of luck on his side over the last few years, and tonight - it came down to actually being able to coach. He got his ass blown away - BIG TIME.
Yep. Saban ruined Les tonight. Just ruined him.
2. As much as this pains me - Nick Saban will now, and SHOULD go down as maybe the best coach in college history. 3 rings.
He's clearly the best coach of the BCS era. Let's just leave it at that.
3. Back to Miles. Jordan Jefferson sucks. why in the FUCK he didn't start Lee in the 2nd half is beyond me. I don't give a fuck WHAT kind of luck Lee had against 'Bama in the past, fact remains - he's a much better throwing QB. Jefferson is a dumb boot-lip. He got rattled and just continued to suck and suck and suck more.
Yep. Once it became 15-0 and the third quarter rolled into the fourth, Jefferson's greater mobility was never going to matter. He was just horrible tonight, and LSU's only chance of scoring two TDs to get back in the game was going to be as a result of throwing caution to the wind and chucking the ball downfield. It probably wouldn't have mattered anyway, but Miles needed to bench Jefferson in favor of Lee.
4. SEC, SEC, SEC! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No doubt. Bama was clearly the best team in the country this year.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: It's absurd to think that a lil' old country state like Alabama has 3 trophies in 3 years. That makes little or no sense at all.
makes perfect sense when one program's oversigning kids by the boatload (no coincidence lsu's playing for the mnc every other year as well) and the other found some new "you just sit in the other room while we discuss prices with your daddy" loophole in the ncaa "rules."
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

who's crying? just pointing out out the remarkable coincidence between cheating and <gasp> winning. all sorts of amazing that a les saban recruit is either (a) going to the nfl or (b) so fragile he has to leave the team for medical reasons after two or three years of not cracking the two-deep. you'd have been able to connect the dots yourself if they hadn't disappeared behind a haze of fried chicken.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Felix wrote:now it remains to be seen how many of those asshats that vowed to vote LSU #1 regardless of the outcome of the game will stick to their guns.....

seriously, anybody that votes for LSU should have their AP voting privileges revoked....
Only one AP voter has LSU #1. Four of them have Okie State #1. :lol:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Not sure why Miles didn't pull Jefferson after is shovel pass INT where he wrongly lit into the RB after the play.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

MuchoBulls wrote:Not sure why Miles didn't pull Jefferson after is shovel pass INT where he wrongly lit into the RB after the play.
as badly as Jefferson was playing I think you gotta ride the horse that got you there
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

DiT wrote:as badly as Jefferson was playing I think you gotta ride the horse that got you there

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Python wrote:
DiT wrote:as badly as Jefferson was playing I think you gotta ride the horse that got you there

Well, that's never stopped him before. :mrgreen:
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Python wrote:

really?
what exactly did Lee do the last half of the season?
not shit cuz he was sitting on the bench.
don't get butthurt and start second guessing your coach.
oh wait,it's too late.

suck me Goobs;)
jiminphilly wrote:

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Best. Team. Ever.

Oh wait, the BTE lost.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

You said we should "ride the horse who got us there". That would be Lee. Would you like to know what he did "to get us there" before Miles decided to bench him?

8-0 record
1 interception in 155 attempts for the season. The lowest percentage in the country.
Highest QB rating in the SEC and 13th nationally, ahead of Brandon Weeden and Matt Barkley.

Please stop posting.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

if he's sitting on the bench he didn't "get you there" now did he?
if JJ wins the game last night you're epiglottis boxing his black mamba.
stop crying, take two fingers outta your ass, wavem in the air and chant WE'RE NUMBER 2 WE'RE NUMBER 2!
:fuckingpisspoorloser:
jiminphilly wrote:

Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

DiT wrote:if he's sitting on the bench he didn't "get you there" now did he?
What part of my post would you like to refute? Lee started those games and put was outstanding. He's the one who got us there. Are you saying Jefferson, who sat the bench for all those games actually was the quarterback who got us to 8-0?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Miles should have put Lee in to start the second half. Lee had one bad game. Against Alabama. Jefferson was having just as bad a game last night. Lee might have gotten them turned around a bit, it was painfully obvious that Jefferson looked lost out there.

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Lester benched him for a reason whatever that is.
you go with the guy that beat them the last time you played.
JJ played like shit but I think Lee would be in the hospital.
nobody was beating Bama last night I don't care who was playing qb.
the Bama D is the story here,not who didn't play.
freaking get over it already.
jiminphilly wrote:

Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

That's what I thought. You had no clue about what you were talking about.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not saying that LSU would have won, but they certainly had no chance of winning by continuing what didn’t work in the first half. David, this is a serious conversation about Big Time Power College Football. We’ll call you when we want to assemble a formal discussion regarding animal “husbandry”.

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

here Python,this should make your pussy stop hurting:
2012 BCS National Championship
Alabama* (Jarret Lee did not play)

sorry Goobs, I thought this was Bigtime Animal Husbandry cuz I keep hearing Python squeal like bitch
jiminphilly wrote:

Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

DiT wrote:2012 BCS National Championship
Alabama* (Jarret Lee did not play)
What in the world does that have to do with the fact that Lee was the quarterback who "got us there" as you put it? You said we should have gone with the quarterback who got us there. Jefferson sat the bench for most of the season. Lee was our starting quarterback and I posted his stats. Who are you saying is the quarterback who got us there? Jefferson, who was sitting the bench?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Desmond Howard of all people made the best point regarding the Jefferson vs Lee debate. Paraphrasing, he said, "Why leave an obviously struggling Jefferson in for his legs if you're not going to have him use them? If you're just going to have him stay in the pocket and throw, which is what they did with him in the second half, then put the better passer—Jarrett Lee—in the game, and take your shot."

That was my feeling, exactly. It was obvious that LSU was never going to be able to run the ball against Bama, neither conventionally nor with Jefferson bumbling through the option attack. Once that was firmly established, and it became equally obvious that LSU's only chance to score would be as a result of throwing the ball early and often, it was time to yank the ineffective Jefferson for Lee.

Oh, and Jsc...
Jsc wrote:I wouldn't trade coaches with any other team in the country.
There's blind loyalty, then there's sheer insanity. All you had to do was look across the sidelines to spot at least one guy you'd swap for Les Miles in a heartbeat, provided your synapses are still firing. That same guy built your program and won a title for you, and it was his team with which Miles won his title.

C'mon, dude, wake up. Enough with the Les Miles nonsense.

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

how did Lee do in the SEC Championship game?
jiminphilly wrote:

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Van, I see your point but I don't think it really matters who plays last night, it was Bama's night and Tom Brady wasn't changing that.
jiminphilly wrote:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

How did Jefferson do in the SEC Championship Game? See, I seem to recall that LSU had zero offensive points and zero first downs at halftime, basically mirroring what they did against Bama last night. Were it not for their special teams and defensive play, plus some key drops by Georgia receivers, LSU's offense probably doesn't even get the Tigers out of that game.

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

hey,they won!
jiminphilly wrote:

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

I retract everything I said.
LSU clearly wins the game if Lee plays.
if Miles puts him in Bama simply walks off the field because they know they're automatically outclassed.
no more speculation,it's now the truth.
jiminphilly wrote:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

DiT wrote:Van, I see your point but I don't think it really matters who plays last night, it was Bama's night and Tom Brady wasn't changing that.
Agreed. Bama woulda swamped Jarrett Lee too.

The only way a team could've had any success against Bama's defense would've been by apeing Bama's offensive strategy of attacking LSU's defense: throwing on first-down, and throwing often, mainly at a five-to-seven-yards-per-clip rate, then occasionally going deep. In order for it work such a team would also need a solid running game just to keep Bama honest, and to open up the play-action game.

Basically, that'd be Stanford. All season long, Stanford was the one team that I thought matched up well with Bama. I didn't think they were a particularly good match-up with Okie St, yet they had that win in their hands anyway, but they really did seem to offer all the right ingredients for hanging with Bama.

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

in hindsight,they probably should have had packages for both guys to see which one might be effective against Bama's D.
the way Bama was getting pressure I'm not sure either one stood much of a chance though.
jiminphilly wrote:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Minus any sort of effective running game, nope, neither guy stood a chance. Lee simply would've offered them a better chance in the passing game, but they still would've been overwhelmed.