8.9 quake hits Japan, and.....

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Re: 8.9 quake hits Japan, and.....

Post by Derron »

LSD DRP R wrote:SELL...your shares in any company connected to nuclear power.
Brilliant bullshit advice there Canadian Kramer...

This morning my bro in law BOUGHT the same company that built those reactors when their stock was down 23%, on the "bad" news. He seems to think along with others, that the stock just might recover after the hysteria, and he will make some bucks.

But go ahead and sell on the downside if you want to..it is OK with us.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

LSD DRP R wrote:
The future of energy production is alternative sources, starting with wind. Right now America has tremendous opportunities for wind power--starting in Montana, etc.
As long as the government can subsidize the building of, support of such generation. After all, 11 million dollars for 36 jobs seems like a great deal on the outside.

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/inde ... s_gre.html
Derron
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

L-TARD wrote:First, the plants blowing up in Japan were designed by General Electric. They are the same as many of America's nuke plants. The Japanese safety standards are much higher--and even then all of the basic backup measures failed and unbelievable use of flooding the reactors with seawater was the last resort.
I see you workin: The same folks that delivered your daily talking points up until a month ago ALSO built defective reactors too. Thanks for clearing things up for us.
As for wind power, well, guess what, wags? The oil companies sure as shit don't want all that clean and cheap power cutting deep into their profits. Or what?
Riddle me this, Bat-shit-man, what is your plan should the winds decide to take a day off? And OF COURSE you have all those nettling issues of storage, power grid and delivery all worked out in that alternate universe of yours that you call home....
The infrastructure is nothing we can't handle. After all, we put men on the moon in the 1960's.
No thanks to the Fed. We got to the moon in spite of the government. Once entrepreneuers within the private sector decide that there truly is a market for such innovation and can figure out a way to develop it efficiently, effectively, and profitably, you'll see wind power roll out all across the country. But not until.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Truman wrote: Once entrepreneuers within the private sector decide that there truly is a market for such innovation and can figure out a way to develop it efficiently, effectively, and profitably, you'll see wind power roll out all across the country. But not until.
You know you are fucking with his feeble brain with a statement like that don't you ?

Logic has no place in his world.
Derron
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

So..you clowns are just devoted to the Private Sector? Really? Even though the top .01% of the population has been sucking up a grotesquely disproportionate amount of the nation's wealth in the last few years? Squirreling their giant hordes of cash in off shore banks so as to effectively gut the nation's revenue?

How about another massive NWA plan? This time it's infrastructure, of course, but also the huge wind and solar projects that just waiting to be built?

NASA put men on the moon. That is, the government's program of organizing and utilizing our national resources for space exploration. Not the private sector. And it worked great, just like the first NWA plan, btw.
Before God was, I am
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: First, the plants blowing up in Japan were designed by General Electric. They are the same as many of America's nuke plants. The Japanese safety standards are much higher--and even then all of the basic backup measures failed and unbelievable use of flooding the reactors with seawater was the last resort.
1. Go ahead and link up proof that Japanese nuke plants have higher safety standards than those built in the U.S.

2. Why is flooding the reactors with seawater so unbelievable?
As for wind power, well, guess what, wags? The oil companies sure as shit don't want all that clean and cheap power cutting deep into their profits. Or what?
Don't you think oil companies would invest heavily in wind and solar were that a viable option? Oh wait, they already are. But it's not a short term solution. You think we can just switch off oil, natural gas, coal, and nuclear energy and convert. It will take decades before wind and solar power can even begin to meet a fraction of the demand.
The infrastructure is nothing we can't handle. After all, we put men on the moon in the 1960's.
False analogy.

Nevermind the sheer number of wind turbines and transmission lines/towers needed to fuel your version of utopia. Let's talk about private property rights versus emminent domain.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:NASA put men on the moon. That is, the government's program of organizing and utilizing our national resources for space exploration. Not the private sector. And it worked great, just like the first NWA plan, btw.
Using your logic, the space program should have been cancelled the day after Apollo 1 burned, you double-headed dildo dumbfuck.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Carson wrote:you double-headed dildo dumbfuck.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you been hangin' out with 'Spray? :lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:solar projects
I see you still haven't learned what a langley is.

I'll give you a hint -- it ain't much.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Dinsdale wrote:

He's called the village idiot for a reason
Let him carry on.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Dinsdale wrote:

Well this is quite a bit....(now go back to your Glenn Beck rehab spritzer)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/1 ... 33483.html
War Wagon wrote:
2. Why is flooding the reactors with seawater so unbelievable?

Are you kidding? Suffice to say, it's not a "normal" procedure for such a situation. In fact, it's an act of total desperation. What fucking planet are you on?

As for the wind power potential, it's tremendous--and now! Not decades later. As far as eminent domain, it's not a problem because a great deal of land is already federal property--isn't that cool!! And nice deals can be arranged with the landowners, etc. We're not talking about setting up wind turbines in towns and so forth--as with a highway or rail line. C'mon, wake up and stop embarrassing the whole town of Cribdeath, or wherever you're from.
Before God was, I am
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

It's no big deal. It's not like the Japanese have no experience whatsoever with nuclear fallout.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: Are you kidding? Suffice to say, it's not a "normal" procedure for such a situation. In fact, it's an act of total desperation.
Of course it's a desperate measure, it's a desperate situation.

What's your alternative, do nothing but wail and gnash your teeth about the evils of nuclear power?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Goober wrote:no big deal. It's not like the Japanese have no experience whatsoever with nuclear fallout.
That's right.

I bet right about now they're thankful we learned-'em-up so well back in the day.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Y2K wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

He's called the village idiot for a reason
Let him carry on.

Yeah, why not. Since he can't grasp the idea that if you had a solar syatem that operated at 100% efficiency (physically impossible), that if you covered every inch of a 0.25 acre lot with solar cells or some other solar system, it would just barely power your house.

But what the heck, if some grant-whore at Stanford suddenly says we're getting more energy out of the sun than we used to, it should theoretically offset the grant-whores that claim the sun has nothing to do with the climate warming.

Cracks me up how those who scream the loudest about some sort of science solving the crisis-du-jour are the ones who seem to have a complete inability to understand even basic science.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Goober McTuber wrote:It's no big deal. It's not like the Japanese have no experience whatsoever with nuclear fallout.
A little institutional knowledge goes a long way in these situations.

Derron
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote:I see Jesus' face in the smoke in that photo...or is that Ana? :D
It looks more like Bozo the Clown.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Papa Willie wrote:ListenToSuck can fuel his home by allowing excess semen to drop down on a paddle wheel, hence turning it, etc... That'd be a great start for somebody like him.
I think there would be enough semen to fuel all 50 states if he'd just stop swallowing.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

mvscal wrote:I don't think they let nigggers into Japan.
Didn't a famous liberal icon once say there was such a thing as "slant eyed nigggers"?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Sirfindafold wrote:Didn't a famous liberal icon once say there was such a thing as "slant eyed nigggers"?
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

War Wagon wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote: Are you kidding? Suffice to say, it's not a "normal" procedure for such a situation. In fact, it's an act of total desperation.
Of course it's a desperate measure, it's a desperate situation.

What's your alternative, do nothing but wail and gnash your teeth about the evils of nuclear power?
Are you completely retarded? Is this nonsense actually reflective of your general bearing? You, around the house?

Look, the nuke plants in Japan and elsewhere have a strict procedure of safety measures for emergencies. And...the flooding of the reactors with seawater is so far off the list that it's barely conceivable. It was obviously the absolute last ditch measure of pure desperation. Got it? Now, if the most prepared nation in the world in dealing with nuclear power safety is so quickly pushed to the brink--and it's hour by hour as we speak--we must all learn a dire lesson in tempering our desire for water boiled by nuclear fission and our concern for having only five fingers on each human hand....

The Chernobyl and Three Mile Island disasters did not include earthquakes. You'll recall that a full meltdown at Three Mile Island was averted by similarly flooding the reactors in a desperate last effort--river water instead of sea water.

The "arguments" against alternative fuels, we note, seem limited to Dins' drunk ramblings along with the usual childish gibberish.

Look, wads, nuclear power is OFFICIALLY dead in the water after this clusterfuck. The so called argument against Climate Change is utterly fake and is presently being dismantled, despite the lunatic Koch brothers funded fake experts. And solar, wind, and fuel cell technology are the future, period.
Before God was, I am
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: nuclear power is OFFICIALLY dead in the water after this clusterfuck.
Right.

Meanwhile, nuclear reactors around the world continue to churn out power despite your feeble mewling.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

'Sup, SS, couldn't you find a bigger picture of the Dirty, Limited, and Short Sighted coal train?

Clean?

Safe?

Practical?

I don't know where you came up with the silly anagram--no doubt some Koch funded project--but it's about 1oo years out of date--and completely false on all counts--except that it's "organic" (pssst...so is uranium :wink: )..but go ahead, sell us on "fracking" for natural gas...

Fission reactors were designed originally for submarines. They're obsolete. Fusion, however, is the only practical future of nuclear power, but still a bit in the future.

Fossil fuels, of course, are the past--and we all need to get past this deadly chapter of human history as soon as possible. The fatuous attempts to discount or dismiss the very real threat of Climate Change are ignorant at best and disgraceful for the most part.

No one's suggesting that all of the fission plants currently operating are simply going to close. Of course the lurching momentum of our species' ignorance and avarice will plod on for a while. But SERIOUS wake up calls like this are unfortunately in order.

WW
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: if the most prepared nation in the world in dealing with nuclear power safety is so quickly pushed to the brink--
Yeah, all it took was one of the largest earthquakes ever recorded, a 33 foot tsunami 15 minutes later and continuing, significant aftershocks. No big deal right? Sloppy of them.
Fossil fuels, of course, are the past--
Actually coal and natural gas are the future.

http://www.fossil.energy.gov/programs/p ... index.html

Wind and solar energy are a joke. They are totally unsuited to base load power generation.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:--except that it's "organic" (pssst...so is uranium :wink: )..
Uranium isn't organic, you stupid asshole.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Papa Willie wrote:1. No. You shouldn't be building fucking nuke plants where they're going to get the fuck shook out of them on a daily basis. I know that may sound a little liberal of me, but that's just common fucking sense.

Oops!

Sin,
Dolly Parton Monument
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote: if the most prepared nation in the world in dealing with nuclear power safety is so quickly pushed to the brink--
Yeah, all it took was one of the largest earthquakes ever recorded, a 33 foot tsunami 15 minutes later and continuing, significant aftershocks. No big deal right? Sloppy of them.
Never waste a good crisis.

Still waiting for LTS to provide any proof that Jap nuclear plants are safer than ours.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:True more modern plant designs are safer, but I wouldn't knock that 40 year old design either. It withstood an earthquake powerful enough to move the entire island chain eight feet and shift the earth's axis, followed up a gigantic tsunami which knocked out all back up power not to mention numerous powerful aftershocks.

After all that, the partial meltdown did not breach the containment vessel and release of radiation was minimal. This is not a nuclear disaster story. It is a nuclear success story.
Care to offer a reappraisal?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:True more modern plant designs are safer, but I wouldn't knock that 40 year old design either. It withstood an earthquake powerful enough to move the entire island chain eight feet and shift the earth's axis, followed up a gigantic tsunami which knocked out all back up power not to mention numerous powerful aftershocks.

After all that, the partial meltdown did not breach the containment vessel and release of radiation was minimal. This is not a nuclear disaster story. It is a nuclear success story.
No. Have any containment vessels been breached?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

What, are you hanging on like a desperate toady?
mvscal wrote:
Huh?..it's an element, Avi? And why would a squirrelly lil' squirt like you be calling anyone an "asshole"? Are you all bent? Hmmm..why? :wink:
Before God was, I am
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:

No. Have any containment vessels been breached?
It's pretty damn obvious that the spent rods in Reactor 4 have been compromised. They just pulled the last 50 workers offsite due to safety concerns and fires are burning in that reactor. And there are no assurances that any of the remaining reactors will fare well minus direct supervision. But hey, keep your head buried in the sand. I just wanted to make sure you're on record.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:What, are you hanging on like a desperate toady?
mvscal wrote:
Huh?..it's an element, Avi?
Familiar with organic chemistry much? Guess not. Yes, you are a simple, stupid fuck.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:It's pretty damn obvious that the spent rods in Reactor 4 have been compromised.
And what, exactly, does that have to do with a reactor meltdown? I'll take your answer off the air.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

This thread needs to keep rolling -- LTS's knowledge of all things science is always fucking amusing, and his willingness to constantly put it on display never fails to produce some gut-busting moments.

But as usual, LTS, I'm here to help...

Uranium isn't an organic compound.

CO2 is.

Matter of fact, uranium isn't a compound at all, which is kind of a prerequisite for being an "organic compound."

Glad I could help.

BTW -- fuel cells? You bought into W's cash-grab for his oil company buddies?

You?

Really?

I'll help you out some more...

Unless you've come up with some radical new process that you're keeping a lid on, hydrogen is an absolute garbage fuel source.

You know where they get hydrogen?

It's fractionated from natural gas. Which results in about an 85% reduction in energy potential from just burning the gas to begin with.

Of course, it can always be extracted through electrolysis... and since your knowledge of all things scientific is quite well-established around here, I'll help you out some more...

The Laws of Thermodynamics pretty well cover the "something-for-nothing" theories... they don't work. You get way more energy out of the electricity than you'll ever get by burning the hydrogen it extracts.

The "exciting new fuel cell technology" folks (spurred by W Bush using it as an excuse to give corporate welfare to petroleum companies) crack me up. If by "new technology," they really meant "invented and patented in the 1800's, and been gathering dust ever since because they're useless," then you're on to something.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

88 wrote: Since then, LTS TRN 2 has referred to me as SS.
Knowing the character troll, LTS TRN, I don't think it's meant for that. I think it has more to do with suggesting your use of 88 as a nickname is code for HH. 88 is used as code within White Supremecist movement, it's like a "secret handshake". H is the the eight letter, so HH - Heil Hitler.

I think that's what he's driving at, with SS.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Tom In VA wrote:
I think that's what he's driving at, with SS.
The SS was also a particularly vile arm of the Third Reich.

I figure the radical anti-semite knows as the LTS troll is probably trying to be complimentary to 88.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Sure, just like the Tea Baggers "aren't racist" (wink wink).

Look, I don't care if SS is goose-stepping about his backyard--or within the narrow runnels of his headspace.

I'm interested in the actual ideas, etc., upon which you clowns--as reasonable examples of the general clown population--are operating.

Perhaps SS is going to explain to us the Clean, Limitless, Organic, Workable, Nice qualities of "fracking" for natural gas. Let's stand by for that. :wink:

Uranium, meanwhile, is a basic element--you know, on the periodic chart? Yes, it's organic---mined and processed, etc.

What's with all the panties in a collective wad today? Oh, that's right, it's the end of nuclear power. And the end of the fake bluster of the fake ass clowns who just dutifully parrot all things Limpdick--and that sure includes nukes.
Before God was, I am
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Uranium, meanwhile, is a basic element--you know, on the periodic chart? Yes, it's organic---mined and processed, etc.
:facepalm:

or·gan·ic – adjective
1. noting or pertaining to a class of chemical compounds that formerly comprised only those existing in or derived from plants or animals, but that now includes all other compounds of carbon.

Should we go over this slowly to allow you to grasp why you're clowning yourself?
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Alright, good enough. Organic being carbon based. My use of the term simply refers to its natural origin. What's the point again?

After all, none is saying nuclear waste is some kind of "no biggie," and it's plenty obvious now that the nuclear fission model of boiling water is obsolete and far too dangerous. So..?

Unwad your panties and start getting with wind, solar, hydro, and fuel cell technology.
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Well no, boys, it's real. It's not just to distract you from the Wall St. heists, etc.

And so is the desertion of the brave rebels in Libya by our absurdly incompetent and cowardly state department. Not to digress.
Before God was, I am