Ohio State Ruh Roh

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Ohio State Ruh Roh

Post by Screw_Michigan »

M Club wrote:and your old high school girlfriend up there asked what lasting impact they had
Good call, M Cunt. The lasting impact the Fab Five had was helping destroy a basketball program for almost 20 years. But, then again, M fans don't care about bball. They only did during 88-89 and 92-94. Fag Five's "lasting impact:" empty rafters. Fitting.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

WolverineSteve wrote:Like Jalen said in the doc...Nobody knows who won the Title 3 years ago, 5, years ago, 10 years ago. Nobody knows the starting lineup of the Carolina team that beat us, but they all know the Fab5.
Yeah, and for all the wrong reasons. Without Ed Martin, the Fab 5 name doesn't remain nearly as relevant today. Good to see you and Jalen are so proud of that fact.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:But, then again, M fans don't care about bball.
They do when Michigan sweeps MSU in basketball. Then you might see random appearances from them in the college bball forum.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

So if going to the finals and losing is a disgrace what the fuck does state have to bump their gums about?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:But, then again, M fans don't care about bball.
They do when Michigan sweeps MSU in basketball. Then you might see random appearances from them in the college bball forum.
you saw random appearances from me in the bball forum before. clean your vagina out.

and michigan fans do care about basketball. we're just not good, so there's not a lot to talk shit about. perhaps we'll put together a decent run and you two lesbos can go back to rubbing yourselves down at the thought of all the extra whining you'll get to do about arrogant michigan fans.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Yeah, and for all the wrong reasons. Without Ed Martin, the Fab 5 name doesn't remain nearly as relevant today. Good to see you and Jalen are so proud of that fact.
on the good authority of your opinion? like they weren't a cultural phenomenon well before any of the ed martin biz came to light.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

speaking of random appearances in the cbb forum: the whole cbb forum is random appearance of itself. nice threads from a year ago you have there on the front page.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

The Fab 5 was a bunch of overhyped thugs who were pretty talented on the court, but not even close to being one of the great teams in college basketball history. The only lasting memory of the Fab 5 for anyone outside of Michigan is the Chris Webber timeout and the fact that they underachieved for having all of their perceived talent. A lot of young people probably watched the documentary because of the hype surrounding that team they've heard about and they wanted to see for themselves. Personally, I'd rather watch a documentary about John Wooden's teams who actually won multiple championships and a coach who truly left a "lasting impact" on the game.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:well, you said "who fucking cares," and your old high school girlfriend up there asked what lasting impact they had.
So their lasting impact is a lot of people watched a documentary on a bunch of arrogant cheaters, while the flintstones you referenced by comparison have to settle for trophies instead. Great.
michigan was the msu of the day, going to a bunch of final fours but only coming away with one title.
Word. Had they shelled out the coin for some better players, they might have more. How are you gonna win a title with Drew Naymick in your starting front court?
except people care about them
Nobody cares about the Fab 5 anymore, except for the Fab 5, Michigan fans, Mitch Albom, and Ice Cube, who I'm pretty sure is contractually obligated to appear in every documentary involving "revolutionary" black athletes.

Also, I think a lot of people watched to see if they would come correct about tarnishing the program. Of course, they didn't.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Mace wrote:Personally, I'd rather watch a documentary about John Wooden's teams who actually won multiple championships and a coach who truly left a "lasting impact" on the game.
that's because you're boring.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Mace wrote:The Fab 5 was a bunch of overhyped thugs who were pretty talented on the court, but not even close to being one of the great teams in college basketball history. The only lasting memory of the Fab 5 for anyone outside of Michigan is the Chris Webber timeout and the fact that they underachieved for having all of their perceived talent. A lot of young people probably watched the documentary because of the hype surrounding that team they've heard about and they wanted to see for themselves. Personally, I'd rather watch a documentary about John Wooden's teams who actually won multiple championships and a coach who truly left a "lasting impact" on the game.
Like cheating more than UofM did? I guess he was a better cheater, and Sam Gilbert was better than Ed Martin.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Killian wrote:
Mace wrote:The Fab 5 was a bunch of overhyped thugs who were pretty talented on the court, but not even close to being one of the great teams in college basketball history. The only lasting memory of the Fab 5 for anyone outside of Michigan is the Chris Webber timeout and the fact that they underachieved for having all of their perceived talent. A lot of young people probably watched the documentary because of the hype surrounding that team they've heard about and they wanted to see for themselves. Personally, I'd rather watch a documentary about John Wooden's teams who actually won multiple championships and a coach who truly left a "lasting impact" on the game.
Like cheating more than UofM did? I guess he was a better cheater, and Sam Gilbert was better than Ed Martin.
Saw that one coming. Mace, you had a fine post going, right up until that last sentence.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: So their lasting impact is a lot of people watched a documentary on a bunch of arrogant cheaters, while the flintstones you referenced by comparison have to settle for trophies instead. Great.
i don't know, maybe you were 7 when they were playing and now just pretend it was michigan, so fuck them. their lasting impact has to do with the visceral reaction the public had to them, both positive and negative. put them on a team now and mace would be dropping 100 posts at a time about how they're some of those good blacks, but back in the day just their bald heads and shorts were enough to cause announcers to go into a racist frenzy on national television (er, a country that celebrates individualism while simultaneously demonizing those different from you). and also, this was about the time white kids were getting into hip hop and shit. as soon as the fab 5 came out with baggy shorts so did all of dearborn, troy, downriver, and the rest of suburbia. black socks, too. might not seem like much, but they could have worn pants and the rest of youth culture would have followed suit. tell me one other team that had that sort of influence.

you can't deny the culture of basketball shifted after them. the shift may have been inevitable, but they're the ones who hastened it.

Nobody cares about the Fab 5 anymore, except for the Fab 5, Michigan fans, Mitch Albom, and Ice Cube, who I'm pretty sure is contractually obligated to appear in every documentary involving "revolutionary" black athletes.
true for the most part. not too many people are scared watching the exorcist either since it's been continuously one-upped for 30 years now.

Also, I think a lot of people watched to see if they would come correct about tarnishing the program. Of course, they didn't.
well, i'm sure if chris webber, fat traylor, and those other two sat down for interviews with ed martin then they would have.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Goober McTuber wrote:Saw that one coming. Mace, you had a fine post going, right up until that last sentence.
Yeah, I knew the response that line would get, but at least Wooden, unlike Michigan, won multiple titles, which was the focus of my post and what makes Wooden's teams more memorable. I didn't mention Michigan's cheating in my post and only said the Fab 5 was overhyped and underachieved for having all of their alleged talent. Wooden had better players and better teams, AND, since they both cheated, I think it's a comparison made on a level playing field.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

M Club wrote:put them on a team now and mace would be dropping 100 posts at a time about how they're some of those good blacks, but back in the day just their bald heads and shorts were enough to cause announcers to go into a racist frenzy on national television (er, a country that celebrates individualism while simultaneously demonizing those different from you).
So now I'm a racist? Is that what you're trying to say? If so, you're one stupid sack of shit. Dig up even ONE even remotely racist post I've made.....EVER, and I'll kiss your fucking ass. I'd better throw in a twatlips for good measure here too....twatlips.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

M Club wrote:as soon as the fab 5 came out with baggy shorts so did all of dearborn, troy, downriver, and the rest of suburbia. black socks, too. might not seem like much, but they could have worn pants and the rest of youth culture would have followed suit. tell me one other team that had that sort of influence.
They made a fashion statement and kids tried to copy them? That's their claim to fame? Okay, so they're like the Beatles....only the Beatles were far more successful and collected more hardware. Got it. :roll:
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Mace wrote:
M Club wrote:as soon as the fab 5 came out with baggy shorts so did all of dearborn, troy, downriver, and the rest of suburbia. black socks, too. might not seem like much, but they could have worn pants and the rest of youth culture would have followed suit. tell me one other team that had that sort of influence.
They made a fashion statement and kids tried to copy them? That's their claim to fame? Okay, so they're like the Beatles....only the Beatles were far more successful and collected more hardware. Got it. :roll:
Their fame is their claim to fame. Two fun tourney runs, the way they played thegame, the swagger, the shorts, socks, shaved heads. The media was all over them, with positive views as well as negative. But they were everywhere, and they delivered to the tune of two title game appearances in the only two years they were together. If They all stayed 4 years who knows what would have happened. They are more famous than most teams that won a title, you can hate them for that, but it's true.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

They are more famous than most teams that won a title, you can hate them for that, but it's true.
I'd have to care about them to hate them. I don't.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

It's well documented that your a grumpy old fuck. If they'd have run the three man weave and settled for set shots and underhanded free throws (3 to make 2) you'd have gotten on board. But those newfangled glass backboards, 3 pt line, and dunking left you behind years ago.

In all honesty I would never expect fans of other Big10 teams to give a fuck about any Michigan team. I wouldn't watch a documentary on Iowa, State, osu, IU or any Big10 team that pissed me off when they played. I'm searching for a like example, but can't think of one. They were pretty unique.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

If the University of Michigan agreed to send those five assholes to Europe again on the schools dime they'd probably still do nothing but bitch and moan because "it's not Detroit."
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I guess, if you prefer style over substance.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

WolverineSteve wrote:It's well documented that your a grumpy old fuck. If they'd have run the three man weave and settled for set shots and underhanded free throws (3 to make 2) you'd have gotten on board. But those newfangled glass backboards, 3 pt line, and dunking left you behind years ago.
I may be old and grumpy but 1) I'm either not as old as you think I am, or 2) you have no real timeline for the changes in the game and are just blowing smoke out of your ass.....or 3) both.
In all honesty I would never expect fans of other Big10 teams to give a fuck about any Michigan team. I wouldn't watch a documentary on Iowa, State, osu, IU or any Big10 team that pissed me off when they played. I'm searching for a like example, but can't think of one. They were pretty unique.

Unique? Not winning a national championship isn't "unique". Unique maybe in that they cheated, got caught, and a lot of victories and titles were vacated....or maybe because they cheated and still couldn't win the big game.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Nothing more than espn doing some promotional work for the documentary. It had to be difficult for that guy to type the story with five cocks in his mouth.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I guess, if you prefer style over substance.
Like you're a judge of good writing. :lol:
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Good god. This is something to be proud of?

They were themselves, and basketball was never the same. By their sophomore year, they had Duke talking trash. Think about that. After the Wolverines kept calling Bobby Hurley out in the buildup to their regular-season rematch in 1992, the little point guard hit 'em back with 20 points and five assists in an 11-point Duke victory, then said, "When you're beating them down the stretch, you're thinking about all the things they say to you. It's just fun to look back on it and know that you're beating this team, and you've beaten them three times already. I'm sure the next time, if we play each other, they'll talk again, and I'll laugh at them again when we're beating them again."

Can you recall one of Coach K's kids running his mouth like that before -- or since? That was a testament to the power of the Fab Five. They made others -- even their antithesis, Duke -- do things their way.

I guess sportsmanship left the building a long time ago.
Yeah, but Duke now wears baggy shorts, so scoreboard Fab 5, I guess. :roll:
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

C-Web chimes in on Rose's Uncle Tom comments.

http://chriswebber.com/profiles/blogs/m ... en_twitter
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

So, just to recap: We've been debating what legacy or impact the Fab Five had, 20 years ago, in the college football forum?

I think the question answers itself.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I'm really glad Duke kicked their asses. Repeatedly.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
No shit. Being subjected to your written diarrhea on a daily basis would cripple even the best writers.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

WolverineSteve wrote:C-Web chimes in on Rose's Uncle Tom comments.

Rose's "Uncle Tom" statement was made by a jealous, immature, kid. Defending the statement now is nothing short of stupid. Coach K recruited Grant Hill because he could play the game and, yeah, he came from a well to do suburban family, but he was a good fit for the Duke program. Isn't that what coaches do? Find kids who fit in your program. In hindsight, maybe Coach K didn't want to recruit kids who had their hands out looking for extra benefits. Worked out well for him...not so much for Fisher. Hindsight is 20/20 and I'd say that Coach K was spot on.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
No shit. Being subjected to your written diarrhea on a daily basis would cripple even the best writers.
Then you have a very weak mind. Not that that wasn't patently obvious.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

M Club wrote:
Mace wrote:Personally, I'd rather watch a documentary about John Wooden's teams who actually won multiple championships and a coach who truly left a "lasting impact" on the game.
that's because you're boring.
Preferring to watch teams that actually won NCAA championships over an underachieving bunch of thugs whose only claim to fame is finishing as runner-ups in consecutive years is boring? Okay. :roll: At least the Fab 5 has no made enough money to pay back the $616,000 they got while they were in college. Props to them.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Mace wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:C-Web chimes in on Rose's Uncle Tom comments.

Rose's "Uncle Tom" statement was made by a jealous, immature, kid. Defending the statement now is nothing short of stupid. Coach K recruited Grant Hill because he could play the game and, yeah, he came from a well to do suburban family, but he was a good fit for the Duke program. Isn't that what coaches do? Find kids who fit in your program. In hindsight, maybe Coach K didn't want to recruit kids who had their hands out looking for extra benefits. Worked out well for him...not so much for Fisher. Hindsight is 20/20 and I'd say that Coach K was spot on.
He didn't defend it, he explained how he felt at that time. I guess you didn't see the film.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Mace wrote: So now I'm a racist? Is that what you're trying to say? If so, you're one stupid sack of shit. Dig up even ONE even remotely racist post I've made.....EVER, and I'll kiss your fucking ass. I'd better throw in a twatlips for good measure here too....twatlips.
not saying you're racist so much as throwing in a glib comment. your japanese nuclear reactor of a response was pretty entertaining.

otherwise, you were just calling the fab five a bunch of thugs. ja, look at them all now, still bunch of thugs starting charter schools and non-profits, working on wall street, operating businesses, etc. like steve said, you're old and grumpy. you're also reduced to quips about baggy shorts as if they don't represent something bigger. you can sit there and keep pretending "no one cares," but please, point me to even a single team who's ever received that much media attention, both in terms of scrutiny and adoration.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Mace wrote: Preferring to watch teams that actually won NCAA championships over an underachieving bunch of thugs whose only claim to fame is finishing as runner-ups in consecutive years is boring? Okay. :roll: At least the Fab 5 has no made enough money to pay back the $616,000 they got while they were in college. Props to them.
you're going to have to eventually decide if the fab 5 wasn't that good or if they underachieved. i'm also confused as to exactly when five freshman losing to nearly the same duke team who was in their third straight final counted as an indictment against their legacy.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

WolverineSteve wrote:
Mace wrote:
He didn't defend it, he explained how he felt at that time. I guess you didn't see the film.
can't believe mace dropped some moralizing without any context.
Rose's "Uncle Tom" statement was made by a jealous, immature, kid.
for fucking really? you know who expressed the exact same sentiment two seconds after saying how he felt at the time? jalen rose. look at you: sharing opinions with thugs.

if you really want something to criticize, make fun of jalen's fake teeth.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

M Club wrote:speaking of random appearances in the cbb forum: the whole cbb forum is random appearance of itself. nice threads from a year ago you have there on the front page.

Never mistake activity for achievement.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Your hero worship for the Fab 5 doesn't change the fact that they couldn't win the big game and what wins they did have were vacated by the NCAA because they cheated. Nice legacy. They may be the ones responsible for bringing undisciplined, trash talking basketball to the college game, but the bottom line is that they couldn't beat a disciplined, well coached team like Duke. Again, nice legacy.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

imagine, the two oldest guys here clucking like a bunch of hens. i didn't realize the fab 5 invented trash talk, but if that makes it easier for you to reminisce about the good ol' days, then by all means pretend otherwise.

the fab 5 won plenty of big games. and for such an undisciplined team they made three really deep runs into the ncaas, a tournament that weeds out lack of discipline rather quickly. otherwise, woe is the thug who struggles a bit during the transition from dominating high school competition to playing against people just as good or better than you.