Ron Franklin in Trouble

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Ron Franklin in Trouble

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Don't understand the hate for female sideline reporters in general. Their "knowledge" of the game is moot since they're not being paid to give their opinions and analysis. They're merely reporting sideline info; sometimes inane, but stuff like injury updates are valuable info, imo. Plus if they're eye candy, all the better.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Michelle Tafoya knows the game.

She just isn't hot.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

no surprise that sam and shutyomouth are waging a scorched earth campaign in all their ignorant glory.
Sudden Sam wrote:
M Club wrote:i wonder where you stood on the whole lawrence phillips thing. "fuck his girlfriend for getting in the way of his fists; now we can't watch a great running back." same with any other abusive dick stoppers that aren't coming to mind right now.
Yeah, right. That's a really comparable situation. Good god, you can't possibly be that stupid.

not that i expect you to follow anything resembling an argument, but i was comparing the reactions - not the offenses - as if it's the victim's fault she was raped, or beaten, or even "just" sexually harassed.

I guarantee you she knows less about football than even toolio.
just golden: hash on some sideline reporter who obviously knows dick about the material she covers for a living and two posts later be all "i didn't know the guy i'm sadding over was that stupid."

but ja, i'm sure a woman who spends her time in and around cfb teams probably knows less than you do about the sport. but for sake of argument i'll grant you she knew nothing about football when she started reporting on it so i can put this in terms you'd understand: you stick an inbred, toothless alabamar dub-tee to work in a dental clinic then sooner or later even he's going to know a few things about oral hygiene, probably even more than those of us in the north who take our proper dental care for granted.

Papa Willie wrote: Exactly. And it's pussies like him that are turning this country into a pussified ball of fucking shit, too. I ashamed of he and Screwey. Sure - I knew they weren't all there, but god damn if I thought they were pussies like this. Pisses me off that I've ever spoken to them - period.
ja, it's pussies like us who are responsible for dipshits who can't keep themselves under control. unless he smacked her ass or grabbed her tits, i guarantee there were previous, documented incidences that led to his dismissal. the only way a single comment will get you shit-canned in a bureaucracy like espn is if you say something extraordinarily daft on air. otherwise they get reported, you sign a reprimand, and it goes in your file just in case you do it again so the organization can defend themselves if they get dragged into court.

doesn't surprise me though that you didn't think any of this through while babbling straight up and down this thread before your eureka "oh, i didn' think of it that way" moment. also doesn't surprise me that you're a dike hypocrite. were your wife or daughters getting sexually harassed at work i'm sure you'd tell them to stop being pussies whenever they brought it up. or closer to home, i'm pretty sure if you had a homo boss who grabbed your dick, or talked about ass fucking all the time, or called you sweetcakes you'd probably just go home and be all, i ain't no pussy. save the "i'd kick his ass" take because we know that wouldn't happen either.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

were your wife or daughters getting sexually harassed at work i'm sure you'd tell them to stop being pussies whenever they brought it up.

:popcorn:
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Gus Johnson should call every single game.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sexual harrassment covers a very broad range of behaviors and calling a woman "sweetcakes" or an "a-hole" would be considered at the very lower end of the scale of inappropriate behaviors. There's a big difference between "sweetcakes" and trying to get into a woman's pants at work, and a whole lot of other behaviors in between. That said, Franklin has to be a total dumbass to think that he can throw "sweetcakes" around at women in the workplace without someone taking offense. I never so much as asked a secretary to get me a cup of coffee.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Why is the dude instigating drama during casual conversation in a meeting room anyway? Sounds like something a woman would do. Oh, it's ok. He's just "old school." :meds:

This isn't some backwoods neck working a gas pump in some remote southern shithole. He knows better.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Why is the dude instigating drama during casual conversation in a meeting room anyway? Sounds like something a woman would do. Oh, it's ok. He's just "old school." :meds:

This isn't some backwoods neck working a gas pump in some remote southern shithole. He knows better.
Of course he "should know better". I can't believe ESPN doesn't have sexual harrassment training for their employees and that Franklin hadn't been informed of the rules of the game.....albeit a new game for old timers. Offenses like his would usually result in the two parties talking in out...as has been suggested...and would not be grounds for termination, but I don't know his history. I was never accused of sexual harrassment but there were a few times that I was threatened with being required to complete sensitivity training when my superiors received complaints about me calling probation/parole clients dumbfucks or assholes. I always felt the direct approach was best and made few attempts at being the kinder and gentler P.O. that they wanted. The best compliment I ever received from a parolee came when he attended a class reunion that my wife attended as a former teacher and he informed her that he was hesitant to move back to this part of the state because he'd heard that I was a son-of-a-bitch. She asked him if he found that to be true and he replied, "yeah, but he's a fair son-of-a-bitch".
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

M Club wrote:i presume if you have daughters that you're a shitty dad. it's not all that hard to not sexually harass people, in case you didn't know.
If I had a daughter whose labia got chapped from someone calling her sweetheart or sweetcakes, yes, I would be a shitty dad. A shitty dad is any guy that ever refers to his daughter as "princess" turning her in to the type of twat that goes on in life getting her feelings hurt if you dont curstie to her ass when she walks in the room.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

SoCalTrjn wrote: A shitty dad is any guy that ever refers to his daughter as "princess" turning her in to the type of twat that goes on in life getting her feelings hurt if you dont curstie to her ass when she walks in the room.
sounds like most of the USC undergrads i've experienced. and, i've spent time on campus there....had a college buddy from Pacific Palisades whose gf went there (and we "partied" down there a few times over Spring Breaks)....AND, I almost went to grad school there but chose Colorado instead. spoiled daddy's gals with optional high school graduation silicon and severely geography challenged.

To my buddy Cam from Atlanta:

USC gal A: where are you guys from?
Cam: Atlanta.
A: Atlanta.....hmmmm.

(pause)

A: that's in Georgia or Kentucky, right?

queue up your flyover smack, but it don't matter. dumb girl.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Well at least he didn't call her "sweetcakes" and get himself in trouble.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

King Crimson wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote: A shitty dad is any guy that ever refers to his daughter as "princess" turning her in to the type of twat that goes on in life getting her feelings hurt if you dont curstie to her ass when she walks in the room.
sounds like most of the USC undergrads i've experienced. and, i've spent time on campus there....had a college buddy from Pacific Palisades whose gf went there (and we "partied" down there a few times over Spring Breaks)....AND, I almost went to grad school there but chose Colorado instead. spoiled daddy's gals with optional high school graduation silicon and severely geography challenged.

To my buddy Cam from Atlanta:

USC gal A: where are you guys from?
Cam: Atlanta.
A: Atlanta.....hmmmm.

(pause)

A: that's in Georgia or Kentucky, right?

queue up your flyover smack, but it don't matter. dumb girl.
There isn't a god damn thing in Atlanta that would ever be of any interest to a typical USC co -ed, aside from my wife, every girl I ever knew from USC could have been a character in Clueless.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Mace nails it. If calling a woman "sweetcakes" constitutes sexual harassment, we are in a sad state of affairs.

And damn if I'm not agreeing with our Trojan apologist. His description of a "shitty dad" was great!
Though Schmick is right, you and Franklin are still wrong.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote:[I'm not defending what Franklin said to the woman. It was stupid. And he failed to apologize. That was extra stupid.

However, the entire incident should never have become an incident. You say something stupid like that, she asks you not to, you call her an asshole, she says 'Fuck you', and it's over. End of story.
Bingo! If I say something that offends someone in the workplace, it's up to them to let me know they were offended. If I continue to do it....then they can go to a superior and the chips fall where they may. We don't know the details of Franklin's termination but I would have to assume this incident was not the first time he displayed this type of behavior. If he was grabbing her ass or doing other overtly sexual things with her in the office.....that's a different story.

OTOH, if it was the first time something like this had happened, then ESPN and the person who reported him overreacted to the incident. Franklin had to know that calling a woman "sweetcakes" is considered demeaning and, to be honest, she was probably more offended by that than being called an "asshole".
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Ron Franklin pretty well sucked. Had a lot of WTF moments calling games. Not the sharpest tack by any means. Once called a long snap a pass.
In old school lingo the center exchange to the holder,punter, or qb not under center was referred to as a pass....not forward pass.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well, if he doesn't know it's not 1948 anymore then he's even dumber than I thought he was.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote:...
hahahahahahaha. jesus could you be any more predictable? i'm going to put the chances of you punching anyone at 0. what happened next, he got up and ran away?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: I'm not defending what Franklin said to the woman. It was stupid. And he failed to apologize. That was extra stupid.

However, the entire incident should never have become an incident. You say something stupid like that, she asks you not to, you call her an asshole, she says 'Fuck you', and it's over. End of story.
this is why you dumbfuck southerners are missing whole parts of your brain. all your dumbazz "you weren't there" right before and after your own assumptions this was an isolated incident. really, no one generally gives a fuck when sexual harassment - as defined by law - occurs in the workplace. co-workers always say horny shit to each other, and if they don't at their actual place of employment then most likely at the bar after some company softball game, or when they're actually fucking. but there are laws, and when someone takes issue then you have to check yourself. franklin obviously didn't. if this was his first fuck up then he'd still have a job.

as for this:
Sudden Sam wrote: This is hilarious that anyone in here is defending women's rights. The way you bastards talk about women is unreal. Yet y'all are gonna tell me I don't understand sexual harassment?! Wow. Get a grip.
yes, you don't understand sexual harassment. if you're talking about your three-inch wang to some girl while she's licking her lips, or some dude's talking about tossing his boyfriend's salad, and i'm privy to these conversations, i can file a report. ja, maybe that's a pussy move, but had you not prior instances then nothing would come of it other than a reprimand and advice not to do it again.

and really, "the way you all talk about women?" i don't know, who's the one in this thread defending franklin because he probably doesn't like the fact a woman's covering cfb?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: You stupid fucking quim-covered shit-dicked idiot. It's not dumbfuck southerners who work for most of their entire lives just to move down south. We're here. For some reason, fucks like you always end up down here when you're about dead.
you have nice weather; we have the ability to educate ourselves beyond the 8th grade. if i give you and your alabamar butt buddy a word problem, sam would draw pictures of clowns and you'd make up some tough guy story that never happened.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: Again - you'll work your life away in hopes of moving to Florida.
eh, i left michigan after finishing grad school. think i'll set up my rocking chair out of earshot of people like you whining about the pussification of amurka all the while complaining about negroes, homos, and anything else you can't deal with. PNW > Dixie
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

M Club wrote:Ypsi > Dixie
FTFY
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: Fuck. So you're down there already, or are you still fucking slants in Korea or wherever the fuck you were/are?
my lady is only half-slant, or whatever you're trying to say. her mother is from vietnam.

Screw_Michigan wrote:
M Club wrote:Ypsi > Dixie
FTFY
i think ypsi was colonized by southerners.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote:Just stay away from the SE, prick!
actually begin a five-week trek through the southeast in a couple weeks. i'll send you a postcard.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

eh, the other southeast. i meant laos, vietnam, etc.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I gotta say........

This has been one of the best threads on this board in a long time.

Let's give a simple timeline for the thread........

Beginning: Ron Franklin called a sideline reporter "sweetcakes" and then "asshole" after she told him not to call him that.
End: Spray is threatening to shit on the road 'round his parts so that when a Yankee (M Club) comes through his neck of the woods, he will wreck his car.

Well done!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

M Club wrote:eh, the other southeast. i meant laos, vietnam, etc.
Does she eat Chinese food everyday? My brother's roommate is from Vietnam (well, not really but his grandparents are or some shit) and their place smells like Chinese food and my brother tells me this is all he eats- and somehow manages to stay at under 150 pounds.

I like to assume every person that is non-white and American are the same, so just tell me she eats Chinese food and nothing but Chinese food so it will feed the stereotype I have for Vietnamese people- even if it's not true.