Camp

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: Camp

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Paul wrote:The NE O-line is overrated. Period.

NE is returning all 5 O-Line starters from last year. That means... no upgrades to this "over-rated" line, which most people rate as only being just "good" anyway (read as, not great.) Given this fact we should expect them to once again be amongst the league leaders in sacks against… especially with a much slower Brady (compared to Cassel) who will have mobility further restricted by a knee brace all year, right? Once you've finished devouring your 3rd breakfast this morning, perhaps you'd care to put your money were your mouth is.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:I disagree about your #1, Scott.

I think the switch to a 3-4 will take you into further problems ... this season.
And you just don't have many horses, either.

KC's defense will get lit regularly.

I'm basing the call on the Defense off of what I saw of the Chiefs first unit vs. Minnesota last week.

A Lot more speed, good fundemantal tackling, well designed blitz and coverage.
Last year the Chiefs were the second worst D in the league (sup' Donks) - and set a record for fewest sacks ever

The Chiefs D will be a Lot better this season
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:NE is returning all 5 O-Line starters from last year. That means...
I'll TELL you what that means- they are a year older, NOT BETTER. In this league you either progress or REgress, and keeping their line intact doesn't mean they're going to be any better by any means.
Once you've finished devouring your 3rd breakfast this morning, perhaps you'd care to put your money were your mouth is.
Sooooo, once I prove your dumb ass wrong (AGAIN), you conveniently go right to the "AnkleBiter" card....spare me, ucunt. I don't give a fuck about how well the Pats' O-line protects Tom Brady. It doesn't concern me in the least. I'm definitely concerned about the Chiefs' O-line and whether or not Cassel makes it out of Week 5 alive.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Paul wrote:I'll TELL you what that means- they are a year older, NOT BETTER. In this league you either progress or REgress, and keeping their line intact doesn't mean they're going to be any better by any means.
That's exactly my point, Paul. The same line that gave up the most sacks last year with an even less mobile quarterback this year should mean that Brady sees 50 or so sacks, right?

Is that what you're trying to say? If so, feel free to put down the Sausage McMuffin and confirm with a "yes."
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Paul wrote:I'll TELL you what that means- they are a year older, NOT BETTER. In this league you either progress or REgress, and keeping their line intact doesn't mean they're going to be any better by any means.
That's exactly my point, Paul. The same line that gave up the most sacks last year with an even less mobile quarterback this year should mean that Brady sees 50 or so sacks, right?

Is that what you're trying to say? If so, feel free to put down the Sausage McMuffin and confirm with a "yes."
More or less, yes.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

:?

Paul, what if they "progress" and don't regress? You stated it was an either/or.

ucant, looks to me like your point (that somehow got lost amongst a flurry of extra value meals) was that Cassel is going to get sacked at least 84 times.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:ucant, looks to me like your point (that somehow got lost amongst a flurry of extra value meals) was that Cassel is going to get sacked at least 84 times.
Wrong. I had two points and you hit upon neither.

Point #1... Cassel led the league in sacks last year because he holds onto the ball way too long. It had nothing to do with NE's "over-rated line." You'll notice this year that Brady's sacks will be in the 20's or maybe in the 30s if he has a "bad" year (2007 - 21 sacks, 2006 - 26, 2005 - 26, 2004 - 26, 2003 - 32; you getting the point?) with basically the same tools; receivers/o-line. NE's O-line is decent. Not great, but certainly not the worst in the league either... as Cassel's shitty sacks total last year suggest.

Point #2... Paul is a complete dumbfuck. I got him to post that Brady will have about 50 sacks this year. Clearly, he doesn't know WTF he's babbling about and should be banned from this forum. Again.

If Cassel doesn't learn how to get rid of ball, 47 sacks will seem like a small number. Got it?

Edit -- wait a minute. You did get one thing right "that somehow got lost amongst a flurry of extra value meals." == :paul:
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Hmmm.....guess I'm not the only one to notice the rapid decline of the "vaunted" Patriots' offensive line: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... mqb/3.html
Tom Brady got hit too much, and he got hit too much by the Bengals.

When I talked to Brady in the spring, he remembered --a bit ruefully -- what the Giants' rush had done to him in the Super Bowl, the last complete game he played. Watching a chunk of Thursday night's game against the Bengals on tape the other night, when Brady got hit hard twice, I was reminded of the hits and torment he took against the Giants.

"That four-man rush will get to you, and if those guys up front are good, which the Giants were, they can still keep the integrity of the secondary intact,'' he said. "It's hard to do. Normally, if you got a blitz, then you're going to have to throw the ball quick. But if you rush with four and can get to the passer, I mean, that's the best defense in the world. So few guys can do that, there are so few pass rushers, or a group of pass rushers that can attack the quarterback like the Giants or that great defensive teams do, when you sit back there quarterbacking you see like a two-high defense, and you see Michael Strahan and Osi [Umenyiora] and [Justin] Tuck and [Barry] Cofield, you're like, 'Man I better just catch it and try to find someone as fast as I can.' ''

The Patriots have to keep Brady cleaner.
YOU stand corrected, uCUNT.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Clearly, he doesn't know WTF he's babbling about and should be banned from this forum.
If the criteria for posting in this forum is always being right, we'd have 1 poster. Not sure who that 1 would be, but it doesn't really matter, as that 1 would never have anybody to argue with.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Paul wrote:YOU stand corrected, uCUNT.
If/when Brady sees 50 sacks this season as you so boldly predicted, I will stand corrected. Until then... go waddle over to the corner, STFU, and keep your duncecap on good and tight.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

There is no way Brady will get sacked that many times.

The most times he's ever been sacked is 41, and that was in his first year.
Since then he's been in the 20-30 range every year.

He gets rid of the ball.
And he's got some receivers who can get open.

So even if the line is sub-par, which I am not sure it is, he's GOING to get rid of the ball.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Time to restart our shit post lap marathon?
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

DallasFanatic wrote:Time for some guys to GROW UP here?
Fixed....and accurately I might add.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Paul wrote:YOU stand corrected, uCUNT.
If/when Brady sees 50 sacks this season as you so boldly predicted, I will stand corrected. Until then... go waddle over to the corner, STFU, and keep your duncecap on good and tight.
I DID NOT "boldly predict" that Brady will be sacked 50 times. :meds:

Maybe I should've been more precise with what I was trying to convey, for the slow kids in the audience.....the Patriots' offensive line simply is NOT as good as they are made out to be, that's why Matt Cassel was the most sacked QB in the league last year. It's also why Tom Brady will be sacked more this year than he has been maybe in any year of his career.

Here's the deal, "ucant": Brady WILL BE SACKED more than 30 times this year. Mark it down. I said it. Fair enough? Thought so- thanks for playing.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Paul wrote:I DID NOT "boldly predict" that Brady will be sacked 50 times. :meds:
Oh no? WTF was this then::::
Paul wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:That's exactly my point, Paul. The same line that gave up the most sacks last year with an even less mobile quarterback this year should mean that Brady sees 50 or so sacks, right?
More or less, yes.
When you said "more or less, yes"... you meant plus or minus 20? :doh: Do you get a bonus if you only deliver on 60% of your goals. Good Lord.
Paul wrote:Here's the deal, "ucant": Brady WILL BE SACKED more than 30 times this year. Mark it down. I said it. Fair enough? Thought so- thanks for playing.
If poptart were here, he'd be bashing you with his leather helmet and yelling about "moving the goalposts." Move along people... nothing to see here.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

l to r: Paul
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucant, that was entrapment. Not even fair, man. You're flagged 15 yards for a personal foul and that includes a loss of down. If this was futball, you'd get a red-card.

:lol:
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Paul wrote:Here's the deal, "ucant": Brady WILL BE SACKED more than 30 times this year. Mark it down. I said it. Fair enough? Thought so- thanks for playing.
If poptart were here, he'd be bashing you with his leather helmet and yelling about "moving the goalposts." Move along people... nothing to see here.
Bottom line- take my quote above and run with it. Anklebiting is not one of your strong suits, ucunt.

P.S.- I can see that this board hasn't changed much in the last year or so. Too bad really- it used to be a great place to debate football topics....without the unnecessary anklebiting and childishness. :brad:
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Ucan't can be kind of a spoil-sport. Most of this place can get revenge on him when the Pats fail again this year.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Paul wrote: I can see that this board hasn't changed much in the last year or so. Too bad really- it used to be a great place to debate football topics....without the unnecessary anklebiting and childishness. :brad:
Paul, chill.

ucant isn't anklebiting. Far from it. It's called smack.

Be grateful he'd spend 10 seconds sending some your way... it's a disguised sign of affection.

Some of the guys I like the best around here have smacked me into next week more than once.

Smack back, throw up the white flag, but whatever you do, don't get huffy.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:ucant, that was entrapment.

I was laying the twigs and branches for a good 24 hours... don't blame me for him finally falling into the hole.

Talk to ya... like... soon and stuff.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

trev wrote:Ucan't can be kind of a spoil-sport. Most of this place can get revenge on him when the Pats fail again this year.
Actually... I think I'll still be left standing no matter the outcome of any of my teams in any sport. This place is more than just being a fan of the team who won it all that year. Solid takes are welcome year round... from anyone. How can you be the Moderator of a forum and be clueless as to its purpose? :(
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

trev wrote:Ucan't can be kind of a spoil-sport. Most of this place can get revenge on him when the Pats fail again this year.
Actually... I think I'll still be left standing no matter the outcome of any of my teams in any sport. This place is more than just being a fan of the team who won it all that year. Solid takes are welcome year round... from anyone. How can you be the Moderator of a forum and be clueless as to its purpose? :(
"Purpose" my ass. Now go pound your "purpose" and turn that frown upside down.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

War Wagon wrote:
Paul wrote: I can see that this board hasn't changed much in the last year or so. Too bad really- it used to be a great place to debate football topics....without the unnecessary anklebiting and childishness. :brad:
Paul, chill.

ucant isn't anklebiting. Far from it. It's called smack.

Be grateful he'd spend 10 seconds sending some your way... it's a disguised sign of affection.

Some of the guys I like the best around here have smacked me into next week more than once.

Smack back, throw up the white flag, but whatever you do, don't get huffy.
Fair enough, Wags....if you say so. You have to understand though- for WHATEVER reason I get to play under a different set of rules here, and to this day I've never been told exactly WHY, but it is what it is.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Paul wrote:P.S.- I can see that this board hasn't changed much in the last year or so. Too bad really- it used to be a great place to debate football topics....without the unnecessary anklebiting and childishness.
Welcome back, KFC Paul!
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

poptart wrote:We need help at DT, LB, and Safety.
Yes, Al has gotten on the stick for us.

Signed LB Nap Harris -- who wasn't good enough to play for the Chefs

Signed a NT named ... Cohen.

Nothin' beats a Jewish run-stuffer.

I luv u, too, Biggie.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Paul wrote: for WHATEVER reason I get to play under a different set of rules here, and to this day I've never been told exactly WHY, but it is what it is.
Raider Paul?

Sack up and quit bitching. You stuck your foot in your mouth and ucant caught you red handed. No biggie, it happens to everyone. Smack is not your forte Paul. I would stick to talking football and have a little fun in here.

Now get ready for a super sized (pun intended) beatdown in Sparrowhead on October 11th.

The best year to be in this forum is when the Boys play the AFC Worst. Gotta love it.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Paul - you gotta be able to sack up and take it when you get called out on stupid comments -

You saying Brady would get sacked 50 times is stupid - it's a couch potato comment.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Pioli brought in two offensive linemen from the Fins- Ike Ndukwe and Andy Alleman. The Chiefs describe Nduwke as a guard. He was moved from guard to tackle in Miami. Alleman is listed as a guard/center. Word out of Arrowhead today is that they are already lining up Ndukwe at RT.

Glad to see the move....Mike Goff hasn't done shit at RG so far here, and both Barry Richardson and Damion McIntosh are revolving doors at RT. Hopefully Ndukwe and Alleman will be able to get the job done on the right side of their O-line.

I'd still like to see Pioli find somebody else to play center- Niswanger is too tall and gets pushed around regularly, and Ghiacic ( a FA from the BenGals) has sucked out loud. :x
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Paul wrote:You have to understand though- for WHATEVER reason I get to play under a different set of rules here, and to this day I've never been told exactly WHY, but it is what it is.
You're not under a different set of rules, Paul.

Guys see an easy target and it's fun to take target practice. That's it. Says more about them than it does about you.

Strap it up, the season is nigh.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Camp has ended for the Raiduhs.

three positives
1. J. Russell -- despite my concerns and criticisms, he made strides. He's taking care of the ball and he's more fundamentally sound than last year. Fingers crossed that he can carry it over into the regular season and be the QB we need him to be.

2. T. Branch -- had a terrific camp and looks like he's got a legit shot at being a solid safety for us. MUCH needed.

3. L. Murphy -- had a terrific camp and looks like he's got a legit shot at being a solid ... WR ... for us. MUCH needed.

three negatives
1. overall defense -- undersized, soft v. the run, and lacking depth. Other than that, we're fine.

2. Injuries -- C. Shilens, M. Mitchell, K. Barnes, and K. Morrison in particular. They'll all be back, but we lack quality depth and they need to get going again soo.

3. Rocky Cable -- distraction. 'Nuff said.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Tart,

I think you are missing the boat on JaJabba. Dude, he sucks, plain and simple. It's one thing to see him on TV, but you really get an understanding of his sucktitude, when you see him miss all the reads live in a game.

For your sake, you better be right because you don't pay that kind of money for bench time. Unfortunately, I believe this will be the downfall of the Raiders.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

DallasFanatic wrote:Tart,

I think you are missing the boat on JaJabba. Dude, he sucks, plain and simple. It's one thing to see him on TV, but you really get an understanding of his sucktitude, when you see him miss all the reads live in a game.

For your sake, you better be right because you don't pay that kind of money for bench time. Unfortunately, I believe this will be the downfall of the Raiders.

You're absolutely right DF....cant argue with you on ANY of those points bro. Here's the thing-I think Garcia or Gradkowski will be starting for us by week 4, which truly gives us a legitimate shot at winning the conference. JaBitchesandHo's needs one more season on the pine IMO, and it will do one of 2 things: Allow him MORE time to spend his hard earned scrolls :meds: making it rain on tricks at his private pool rap video style, or light a fire for his platinum teeth purchasing ass to get better and work on his fundamentals. Even though he has progressed well, at this point he just isnt ready. Plain and simple.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The Raider QB situation will be very interesting.

I'm still thinking either Garcia or Gradkowski might be dealt before the season begins.

Garcia missed a significant portion of camp and he was only on the field for a short time in pre-season week #2.
It'll be interesting to see how he looks v. the Aints on Saturday.

If Garcia is up to what has been his normal level, he's probably, right now, the "best" QB on the roster.
And he WANTS to play.

The Raiders open with three straight division games.
They can't afford to stagger out of the gate.

In this case, you put the BEST QB you've got on the field, no?

Oh ... Al paid the Big Dummy how much cayesh???

I forgot.

Scratch the "best QB gets on the field" thinking.

Well, Cable's got a job to keep, so if Slow Mouff isn't gettin' it done, yeah, our "#2" will get on the field, imo.

But what if JaMarcus is doing ... sort of, just alright?

Slightly less than what you want?

Do you jerk him?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Post-camp thoughts:
1. The Lions have two solid options at QB but neither guy is good enough to make a huge difference this year. Culpepper would be my choice to start Week 1. Stafford has a strong arm but is going to make some crucial mistakes that could kill drives. Next year, I'd expect him to be the starter. From today, Stafford has been made two brilliant downfield throws in tight spaces...one to Calvin Johnson and another to Derrick Williams. There's no doubting his ability to throw.
2. The offensive line is playing much better but I also think the addition of Pettigrew and the new fullback Smith will help the running game. Smith will definitely be a 1000-yard rusher in '09.
3. It's scary to think but Calvin Johnson is only getting better and more dominant and he gains more experience. He could put up some frightening numbers this year.
4. The defense has better personnel than last year and I like Cunningham but they just aren't tough enough up front and teams should able to run the ball and opposing QBs are going to be able to have plenty of time to pick apart their average secondary. It's not the worst defense in the NFL anymore but they'll still be in the bottom third.
5. The kicking game has always been solid with Hanson and Harris and they might finally have some decent returners as well since letting Drummond go a couple years back.

I think this is a 4 or 5-win team at best...next year will hopefully be their turnaround season.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Chiefs just fire Chan Gailey - weird.

Unless he went into the offseason saying "the O-line is just fine - go ahead and draft defense" I'm not sure what he fucked up.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

poptart wrote:Good fuggen luck with Andrew Walter and Gimpy Burgess, chowds. har har

Al dumped on ya, me bets.
The Pats cut hang-dog Walter today.

:bode:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Scott wrote:1. Chiefs Defense will be much better than last season
About 500 yards and 32 first downs given up to the juggernaut Ravens today.

Yikes.

Not a good omen.

sayin'
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
KC Scott wrote:1. Chiefs Defense will be much better than last season
About 500 yards and 32 first downs given up to the juggernaut Ravens today.

Yikes.

Not a good omen.

sayin'

They are better than last year - of course it's pretty easy to be better than thew worst Defense of all time.

Yesterday they had a Blocked punt returned for a TD and another INT almost taken the distance.
The offense did them zero favors - Time of possession was 40 Minutes for the Ravens - due to the inability of the Chefs O to put together any drives.

I only saw the 4th Quarter - but the game was a lot closer than the final score - the defense was just exhausted by the final 10 minutes
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

KC Scott wrote:
poptart wrote:About 500 yards and 32 first downs given up to the juggernaut Ravens today.

Yikes.

Not a good omen.

sayin'

They are better than last year - of course it's pretty easy to be better than the worst Defense of all time.

Yesterday they had a Blocked punt returned for a TD and another INT almost taken the distance.
The offense did them zero favors - Time of possession was 40 Minutes for the Ravens - due to the inability of the Chefs O to put together any drives.

I only saw the 4th Quarter - but the game was a lot closer than the final score - the defense was just exhausted by the final 10 minutes
It was 24-24 with about 2:20 left when Flacco dropped that rainbow into Mark Clayton's breadbasket from 39 yards out....then after the Chiefs went 4 and out the Ravens, rather than just kicking a CHIP SHOT FG, went Steve Spurrier/Bob Stoops and punched another one in to make it 38-24. OF COURSE they had no idea whatsoever about the point spread.... :meds: