Fire Don Imus? Fuck those nappy-headed hos.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

no
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:Can you blame them for obscuring the link to New Jersey?
Not one bit.

sin

Sitting in a hotel room outside of Newark on a business trip.

God this place is a shithole.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Anyone find it odd they are not mentioning the white women on the team?

What about them?

Why is this a white-black thing?

I dont know how the rest of the country uses the word nappy but down south white, black, mexican, ect. can have nappy hair.

It was a sexist comment not racist.

I see white folk...
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Cuda wrote:On the one hand, Fuck Imus. He likes to hobnob and play the part of the rich, white, upper-west-manhattan liberal-with-an-edge. Now he's getting ass-fucked by people just like himself.

On the other hand, Imus spreads his offensiveness around to catholics, jews, beaners, wops and fags, to name just a few. What makes jigaboos think they're the only ones who matter when it comes to being offended?
You forgot Booger-Eating Spazzes
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mr T wrote: Why is this a white-black thing?
It's not.

The PC hounds are out in force and have turned it into such, and every pundit trying to score an easy paycheck is lining up at the trough trying to cash in not wanting to be on the wrong side of this much ado about nothing issue.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Imus isn't the real bad guy
Imus isn’t the real bad guy
Instead of wasting time on irrelevant shock jock, black leaders need to be fighting a growing gangster culture.
By JASON WHITLOCK - Columnist
Thank you, Don Imus. You’ve given us (black people) an excuse to avoid our real problem.

You’ve given Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson another opportunity to pretend that the old fight, which is now the safe and lucrative fight, is still the most important fight in our push for true economic and social equality.

You’ve given Vivian Stringer and Rutgers the chance to hold a nationally televised recruiting celebration expertly disguised as a news conference to respond to your poor attempt at humor.

Thank you, Don Imus. You extended Black History Month to April, and we can once again wallow in victimhood, protest like it’s 1965 and delude ourselves into believing that fixing your hatred is more necessary than eradicating our self-hatred.

The bigots win again.

While we’re fixated on a bad joke cracked by an irrelevant, bad shock jock, I’m sure at least one of the marvelous young women on the Rutgers basketball team is somewhere snapping her fingers to the beat of 50 Cent’s or Snoop Dogg’s or Young Jeezy’s latest ode glorifying nappy-headed pimps and hos.

I ain’t saying Jesse, Al and Vivian are gold-diggas, but they don’t have the heart to mount a legitimate campaign against the real black-folk killas.

It is us. At this time, we are our own worst enemies. We have allowed our youths to buy into a culture (hip hop) that has been perverted, corrupted and overtaken by prison culture. The music, attitude and behavior expressed in this culture is anti-black, anti-education, demeaning, self-destructive, pro-drug dealing and violent.

Rather than confront this heinous enemy from within, we sit back and wait for someone like Imus to have a slip of the tongue and make the mistake of repeating the things we say about ourselves.

It’s embarrassing. Dave Chappelle was offered $50 million to make racially insensitive jokes about black and white people on TV. He was hailed as a genius. Black comedians routinely crack jokes about white and black people, and we all laugh out loud.

I’m no Don Imus apologist. He and his tiny companion Mike Lupica blasted me after I fell out with ESPN. Imus is a hack.

But, in my view, he didn’t do anything outside the norm for shock jocks and comedians. He also offered an apology. That should’ve been the end of this whole affair. Instead, it’s only the beginning. It’s an opportunity for Stringer, Jackson and Sharpton to step on victim platforms and elevate themselves and their agenda$.

I watched the Rutgers news conference and was ashamed.

Martin Luther King Jr. spoke for eight minutes in 1963 at the March on Washington. At the time, black people could be lynched and denied fundamental rights with little thought. With the comments of a talk-show host most of her players had never heard of before last week serving as her excuse, Vivian Stringer rambled on for 30 minutes about the amazing season her team had.

Somehow, we’re supposed to believe that the comments of a man with virtually no connection to the sports world ruined Rutgers’ wonderful season. Had a broadcaster with credibility and a platform in the sports world uttered the words Imus did, I could understand a level of outrage.

But an hourlong press conference over a man who has already apologized, already been suspended and is already insignificant is just plain intellectually dishonest. This is opportunism. This is a distraction.

In the grand scheme, Don Imus is no threat to us in general and no threat to black women in particular. If his words are so powerful and so destructive and must be rebuked so forcefully, then what should we do about the idiot rappers on BET, MTV and every black-owned radio station in the country who use words much more powerful and much more destructive?

I don’t listen or watch Imus’ show regularly. Has he at any point glorified selling crack cocaine to black women? Has he celebrated black men shooting each other randomly? Has he suggested in any way that it’s cool to be a baby-daddy rather than a husband and a parent? Does he tell his listeners that they’re suckers for pursuing education and that they’re selling out their race if they do?

When Imus does any of that, call me and I’ll get upset. Until then, he is what he is — a washed-up shock jock who is very easy to ignore when you’re not looking to be made a victim.

No. We all know where the real battleground is. We know that the gangsta rappers and their followers in the athletic world have far bigger platforms to negatively define us than some old white man with a bad radio show. There’s no money and lots of danger in that battle, so Jesse and Al are going to sit it out.

To reach Jason Whitlock, call (816) 234-4869 or send e-mail to jwhitlock@kcstar.com. For previous columns, go to KansasCity.com
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

JASON WHITLOCK wrote:You’ve given Vivian Stringer and Rutgers the chance to hold a nationally televised recruiting celebration expertly disguised as a news conference to respond to your poor attempt at humor.

I watched the Rutgers news conference and was ashamed.

RACK this take. I only saw and read bits and pieces... but that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it.

Furthermore, I smell a lawsuit. I think the Rutgers AD and the President view this as an opportunity to get fucking paid. The way they trotted ('sup double entendre?) out those poor women with their prepared statements that reeked of disingenuous bullshit was appalling. Do anyone really believe the words they read were penned by their own hands?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Yep, rack Whitlock.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Interesting interview with Whitlock:

http://thebiglead.com/?p=1038

And some follow-up comments to the interview:

http://zachishere.com/2006/09/26/jason- ... lling-out/

Anybody that rips Mike Lupica and Scoop Jackson can’t be all bad. But the poor bastard is living in Kansas City. Hopefully stupid isn’t contagious.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Tom, are you starting to get it now?

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... edType=RSS
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote:Tom, are you starting to get it now?

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... edType=RSS
Yes. I get that. Always have. But as it relates to the Reverend Al and Uncle Jesse, it's all about powah. That was my only point and I don't think it's an incorrect assessment. That companies and corporations have people on the payroll that mitigate situations like these, and hopefully avoid the ire of the "forces" that profit from stirring these things up, also does not escape me.

"Todd, write a memo, we need to mitigate this situation before it gets too bad, we don't' want Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on our backs".
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tom,

I never saw you answer a question directed at you yesterday. You seemed to be claiming that you’re white, yet some of us recall you stating a month or two ago that you were a black man who voted. Are you schizophrenic? Mulatto? Both?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I think he just has a Black Peter.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Whitlock ABSOLUTELY loves going to the race card. I'm surprised to see some clarity from him here. Every goddamned perceived slight from Barry getting heckled to Michael Jordan not receiving 100% of the greatest of all time vote is an example of racism to that guy. Makes me sick.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

Mikey wrote:I think he just has a Black Peter.
I have one too.

Sincerely,
Irie Lagos
Hrrunghh?
by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:30 am
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:

Right. Because unlike you, I actually respond to Vic. He's a funny poster
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Just want to have
a little peace to die
and a friend or two
I love at hand
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Run and see.

Hey, run and see!
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RACK Mikey and Dins for the BP resets.

Goobs, no I never EVER fronted that I've been anything but an irish catholic dude from Arlington, VA who works in IT.

Now that we're all being compelled to get honest, I'm actually Lexington Steele.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Solid, solid article. In fact, I liked it so much I sent J.W. an e-mail telling him so.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Tom In VA wrote:I'm actually Lexington Steele.

Did you ever bang Stephanie Zimbalist?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

You're confusing me with someone else. I"m actually an Irish Catholic IT dude in Virginia who is apparently not being successful at bringing the funnay. I'm not Remington or Lexington Steele.

LONG LIVE THE BRP
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

RACK!

I'm sure a "Moonlighting" reset can't be far off. :lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:Interesting interview with Whitlock:
http://thebiglead.com/?p=1038

Fatlock is an arrogant, race baiting clown and has been since the day he started writing for the KC Star some 14 years ago. He's the ultimate example of the kettle calling the pot black. The only reason this guy gets a paycheck for writing his uninformed drivel is that he stirs up negative publicity, and bad publicity is better than no publicity in his employers eyes. People read his columns just to see what outrageous statement he's going to make next. Anybody who takes this chumps rants on race relations seriously needs a reality check.

Dude used to have a radio show here on two separate sports stations. He eventually got run from both of them for offending just about everyone he came in contact with his boorish, self-centered love of all things Jason Whitlock. One of these sports stations, 810WHB, in 2001 actually tried having a message board and JW was all over it using the nic "Big Sexy". He took that message board banter seriously. If you read some of the comments from that link above, you'll see where he's in there responding to any negativity thrown his way. Hell, the attention whore will probably read this board now that his name has got some run here. I have no doubt he's on the internet searching for any reference to himself on a daily basis.

I slammed him pretty good now and then on that 810 board and really got under his skin and in his head. One morning I'm driving to work listening to his show and he comes on there and goes "and who's this War Wagon guy?" I think he wanted to hook up at some remote and sit on me.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

I don't like what I'mASS said and I don't like the idea that some of us want to circle the wagons here. He's making us look bad and we should police our own so he needs to have his assets shared by the Rutgers team members, his ass beat down hard and his job taken. We talk about how they should police their own with respect to rap and all that and yes, it's true. But so should we.

velocet
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:I slammed him pretty good now and then on that 810 board and really got under his skin and in his head.
You must have been at the top of your IKYABWAI game that day.

OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

War Wagon wrote:The only reason this guy gets a paycheck for writing his uninformed drivel is that he stirs up negative publicity, and bad publicity is better than no publicity in his employers eyes.
He's a columnist. Their entire job is to stir the pot. I get that that's what he's doing here, but I and others approve of the message he's spewing whilst stirring said pot
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

mvscal wrote:
velocet wrote:I don't like what I'mASS said and I don't like the idea that some of us want to circle the wagons here.
Nobody cares.

I'm glad you speak for Nobody.
Somebody has to.

:mrgreen:

I'm no PC handwringer even if my last post seemed like it came from one. Shouting down the race pimps is something we need more of, true. It's just that on this occasion, the blind squirrel that is Race Pimpdom actually did find a nut. Goddamn it pains me to agree with them even on the color of the sky but on this one they're not wrong.

velocet
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I wonder if Jesse and Al are going to run down and apolgize to those Duke kids then ? You know for actually flexing their political muscle to ruin these kids' lives ?

The Rutgers "victims" as it were, are ..... well how do we know they're not ho's ? Chicks in college are notorious for getting their "ho" on. No matter their race.

But those broads have so much 'bode over Imus, not the least of which being .... a life and a long life ahead of them .... and the only thing he might have hurt was their "feelings". Nothing was ruined. No reputation, no education, and did they not win the fucking championship ?

No sorry. Imus is an idiot. But fuck, all this egg shell walking is for the birds.

Irrelevant rant ? Perhaps. But it's MY rant.

WAR Balance
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Tom In VA wrote:did they not win the fucking championship?

No, they did not...
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

No, they did not...
Oh well that changes everything.

Fuck Imus. It's all his fault.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

They did get huge BODE on Imus.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

They had 'bode on Imus the moment the woke up in the morning. Pretty soon, anyone this side of the grass will have 'bode on Imus.

That's partly my point. He's an obsolete, older man, who best years in terms of a career are WAAAAY behind him.

If these little children are so hurt by him, "scarred for life", then they have a problem.

Those poor schmucks down in NC, now they're scarred for life. And the same Race pimps expecting apologies and accountability need to go ahead and pony up some of their own.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Tom In VA wrote:That's partly my point. He's an obsolete, older man, who best years in terms of a career are WAAAAY behind him.

So... it's akin to banning Luther from T1B for a couple of weeks?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

No, they did not...

What about Ohio State on the men's side?

Sincerely,

Tool in VA

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Anybody who believes that the 'hos are scarred for life is delusional. But they do have every right to be pissed off, and Imus fired the first salvo in this thing so they also have every right to drop the hammer on the fucker just has hard as they please.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Eggshells, Tom? Never forget who you are and where you're from, fukker.
You're a smacker. Your standard of mental toughness is WAY beyond what you can reasonably expect of others, especially those who have been told all their lives that they must endure an uphill struggle for respect forever. You would think such an initial condition would make for mental toughness but no, it just means they're always on the lookout for offense.

It would be nice to say everyone should be held to the same standard but that is unrealistic. Let's check this:

I'll say to you: Tom, you're a retard.

Most people would catch a quick attitude about that. But you? Don't even reply, I'll do it for you.

Tom to me: THAT all you got? Bitch, please.

:mrgreen:
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Goober McTuber wrote:

No, they did not...

Sincerely,

Tool in VA

LMAO. Rack. That post has it all. Dude you so smacked me for not watching wimmenz b-ball.

'Bode Goobs.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

velocet wrote:....., especially those who have been told all their lives that they must endure an uphill struggle for respect forever. You would think such an initial condition would make for mental toughness but no, it just means they're always on the lookout for offense.
Touche.

Who am I to assess whether or not these young ladies were deeply offended and hurt. Nobody.

I still would like to see Rev. Al and Uncle Jesse be as vocal when they're wrong ... ala Duke ... as when they're kinds sorta right ... as in this case.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tom In VA wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
No, they did not...

Sincerely,

Tool in VA

LMAO. Rack. That post has it all. Dude you so smacked me for not watching wimmenz b-ball.

'Bode Goobs.

Yeah, like it was never mentioned in any of the articles about this whole brouhaha. I didn’t watch the game either, but when the Imus story broke I knew early on that Rutgers had lost. Just by reading the story. But you’re always in such a hurry to get your whine on that you just skim over the details.

Fucking nappy-headed mixed-breed hillbilly ho.

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Goober McTuber wrote: Fucking nappy-headed mixed-breed hillbilly ho.
That's it, I'm having Rev Al and Uncle Jesse contact your employer.

BTW, what IS the number to that homo video arcade you mop floors in ?