Worst song ever recorded

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

KatMode wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:If anyone thinks they can name a worse song...
How about the worst POS Disney song EVAH:

It's a Small World

If anyone can make it through that song without sticking a knife in their brain, kudos to you.

Nightmare story, we took the kids to Disney World and the boat got stuck for 20 minutes with that shit blaring.
If I'd have had an Axe I'd have looked just like Nicholson in "the Shining" when we finally got off that thing
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Uncle Fester wrote:[quote="RedHerringDamn You All!!! Leave it to you bringing back all the surreal & nasty 70's music flashbacks ... But you inspired me to lower depths, my sister loved these horrid Bucktoothed mutants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyRiNZDb5EY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZkSHrEKnaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrtWZIpzTI
Good gawd, I got through the first one, but with severe damage to my ears, head, and nerves.

So who wins in the dance gay-off, Greg Brady or that Osmond dude convulsing during the "Crazy Horse" chorus?[/quote]

What happened to the drummer in that godawful crazy horses POS? Them drums appear to be playing themselves.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mister Bushice wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
RedHerring wrote:Damn You All!!! Leave it to you bringing back all the surreal & nasty 70's music flashbacks ... But you inspired me to lower depths, my sister loved these horrid Bucktoothed mutants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyRiNZDb5EY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZkSHrEKnaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrtWZIpzTI
Good gawd, I got through the first one, but with severe damage to my ears, head, and nerves.

So who wins in the dance gay-off, Greg Brady or that Osmond dude convulsing during the "Crazy Horse" chorus?
What happened to the drummer in that godawful crazy horses POS? Them drums appear to be playing themselves.
The Osmonds vs Jackson 5 flame war going on in that discussion thread is pure comedy gold.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

That Vaseline bullshit from Flaming Lips is right there with the worst up in here...or just about anything else that shit-for-band ever recorded.

You wonder how reallyreally bad music gets released? Look in the mirror, Lips fans -- clowns like you will buy just about anything.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

BSmack wrote:
The Osmonds vs Jackson 5 flame war going on in that discussion thread is pure comedy gold.

That there are even still fans of that dreck the Osmonds produced is a head scratcher in and of itself.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Mister Bushice wrote: What happened to the drummer in that godawful crazy horses POS? Them drums appear to be playing themselves.
What was the head Osmond dude -- I think his name was Tito -- doing with his arms and legs flailing like that? Looked like a guy doing the Charleston while on angel dust.

And I liked how the synth guy was getting wild, sliding his finger back and forth on the Casio.

It was like C-c-Ca-RAZY, man!
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

You know,

Theres tons of shitty songs,anything white nowadays seems to be inspired by some mountain dew video game playing freak.

I gotta come clean,.... I own the Four Non Blondes TAPE that the topic starter stated as worst song ever. Yes,I bought it way back in 92.My girlfriend(soon to be wife then ex wife in 01)and I went on a roadie of sorts from here in the great dry eastern Wa. to the San Francisco area in her 1980 Datsun B-210 in December 92. Epic journey to say the least. We loaded the car on winter break of 02 with clothes and every metric tool I owned and headed out. Knowing that the four non blondes were from the bay area we blasted our way down the I-5 to the bay area with 4NB,Pearl Jam and Nirvanna blaring from the cheap tape deck.

One fuel filter in Troutdale and 40mpg later we made it.No epic stories to relate as we stayed with her relatives but still memorable.

And what the hells wrong with Concrete Blonde e?
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Dinsdale says they suck, and so he expects you to agree with him on all aspects of musical taste or he will reply to you in a less than friendly way.

Outside of that you can like what you want.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

KC Scott wrote:Lotta Bad songs, Here's some more:

Convoy - I don't know who the hell sang it, but one summer when I was a kid it was played every 15 fucking minutes.
My old man made me listen to 61 country here in KC, and it was at that time I began to devise a plot to blow up that fucking radio station if I ever got close to it.

Maneater - Hall & Oates, I worked in a camelot records one summer during high school and the idiot manager thought he was one of them.. the white one. He played that fucking record every day. When I finally quit I saw him at a party that fall and kicked his ass in the driveway. Don't remember why, but looking back I'm sure it had something to do with that song.

Anything by Duran Duran, Flock of Seagles, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Billy Idol and whoever sang You dropped a bomb on me and rock the kazbaror any of that other 80's dance trash. I Dj'd and worked the door at a dive in Independence and this shit was rotated every hour. Nothing like drunk ass necks, cranked out freaks and Fat ass Pat Benatar wannabes all playing human fucking pinball on a 20x20 while "Relax, Don't Do it" is pounding out at 8000 decibles.
Those are fighting words if I ever saw 'em.

I'm not going to disagree that Rock The Casbah by The Clash isn't a bad song, 'cuz it is, but don't go making those kinds of generalizations about The Clash. Their first three albums (The Clash, Give 'Em Enough Rope and London Calling) are epic. London Calling was cited by several music mags as the best album to come out of the 1980's. It's also in their top-10 albums of all-time:

1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles
2. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys
3. Revolver, The Beatles
4. Highway 61 Revisited, Bob Dylan
5. Rubber Soul, The Beatles
6. What's Going On, Marvin Gaye
7. Exile on Main Street, The Rolling Stones
8. London Calling, The Clash
9. Blonde on Blonde, Bob Dylan
10. The Beatles ("The White Album"), The Beatles

They were also listed as one of Spin's 7 most influential bands of all-time. I believe that the other six were The Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Ramones and Public Enemy.

Sorry, I just have a pet-peeve for people that base their knowledge of The Clash from Rock The Fuckin' Casbah. Everything else you said was 100% true. :twisted:
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Toddowen wrote:I'm sure that KC Scott wasn't making a generalized belittlement of The Clash based on one song.

You must admit that on each of The Clash's albums, there have been some sub-par offerings. Even their first three. Not that they cared...or would let us on to believe that they cared.

KC probably has just been shell shocked from constant airplay of the same Clash song. It's not many tunes that any conscious person can tolerate multiple listenings of day after day for weeks, months, years and not make the band that created it as an enemy to the free world. It's not the Clash's fault that a bunch of coke snorting, Artie Fufkin looking faggot DJ's overplayed their song as often as IB overhit the submit button.
As for their first three albums, I can't think of too many sub-par offerings. The only one that really sticks out is Guns of Brixton on London Calling, sung by their bass player. That song blows. Otherwise, the other 18 songs constitute a near perfect album. The first record may not be everyone's cup of tea. Very good in its own right but overshadowed, and rightfully so, by the Sex Pistols' Never Mind the Bollocks.

IMO, The Clash really hit the wall and must've blown their creative wad on London Calling because the albums that came after pretty much ranged from mediocre (Sandinista) to bad (Combat Rock) to dreadful (Cut The Crap).
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

BSmack wrote:I had a girl drag me to some "Summer Jam" concert featuring 2 former members of New Kids on the Block, Sixpence None The Richer, Shaggy and 98 Degrees. The tickets were free and they still weren't worth it. Easily the single worst concert I've ever attended. It made my previous worst concert ever (The Romantics, Red Rider and Orion the Hunter) seem like seeing Led Zeppelin by comparison.
I think my stepdaughter was at that one with you, Bri. Props, I guess, on dating someone with the same musical taste as a 12-year-old girl (I think that's how old she was at the time). :lol:

I'm surprised this thread has gone to 5 pages, and nobody has yet mentioned Will to Power's "Freebaby." Simultaneously killed two great classic rock tunes. Simply awful.

And "Jack and Diane" will always rate a special place on my personal suck-meter. Some background is in order. I was a freshman at ND when John Mellencamp (then known by the godawful moniker John Cougar) hit with this piece of tripe masquerading as a slice of Americana. The local Top 4010 radio station insisted on playing it about once every 15 minutes, and that was the radio station favored by my roommate at the time. To this day, nearly 25 years later, I cannot listen to that song without cringing.

But in any event, throw another rack on the pile for velocet.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Toddowen wrote:
KC probably has just been shell shocked from constant airplay of the same Clash song.
yep.

When I was banging out that response I was having flashbacks to working at the Hare, and some of the crap that was turned at least every hour.

Never bought a Clash tape - so nothing to really compare it to.
Heard the song London Calling on the radio a few times - didn't make me want to go buy the album

May have to eval some more of their stuff
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Rack Fu wrote: It's also in their top-10 albums of all-time:

1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles
2. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys
3. Revolver, The Beatles
4. Highway 61 Revisited, Bob Dylan
5. Rubber Soul, The Beatles
6. What's Going On, Marvin Gaye
7. Exile on Main Street, The Rolling Stones
8. London Calling, The Clash
9. Blonde on Blonde, Bob Dylan
10. The Beatles ("The White Album"), The Beatles

They were also listed as one of Spin's 7 most influential bands of all-time. I believe that the other six were The Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Ramones and Public Enemy.
That list is fucked up - No Zep or Floyd but the Beatles have 4 and the Beach Boys are # 2?

Physical Graffiti, Zep 4, Houses of the Holy, Animals, Dark Side of the Moon - None of those make a Top 10 album list?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

We might have a winner here......

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000570.php
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
BSmack wrote:I had a girl drag me to some "Summer Jam" concert featuring 2 former members of New Kids on the Block, Sixpence None The Richer, Shaggy and 98 Degrees. The tickets were free and they still weren't worth it. Easily the single worst concert I've ever attended. It made my previous worst concert ever (The Romantics, Red Rider and Orion the Hunter) seem like seeing Led Zeppelin by comparison.
I think my stepdaughter was at that one with you, Bri. Props, I guess, on dating someone with the same musical taste as a 12-year-old girl (I think that's how old she was at the time). :lol:
She damn sure wasn't the brightest bulb in the closet. But she was a straight up freak. And that shit counts for a lot. ;)
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

We might have a winner here......http://www.bumblemen.com/
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman