I really hope the Republicans nominate Santorum

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

mvscal
Blank

Re: I really hope the Republicans nominate Santorum

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Obama massively outspent McCain, the same as he did Hillary.
Who gives a fuck? McStain still spent $360 million which was more than enough get his message out. The downside was that he was able to get his message out. It probably would have worked out better for him if he hadn't said anything at all.
Obama is still going to outspend him. Romney isn't going to go broke trying to win this thing.
His fundraising is way down this cycle. Again it won't make any difference since both sides will have shitloads of cash. You're attempting to argue that a six hundred pound fatass is skinnier than an eight hundred pound fatass. It might be true in a literal sense, but from a practical standpoint, they're both fat as fuck.

EDIT: Shillary had a slight edge in funding over Oplatelip in the Dem primary.
Last edited by mvscal on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

bradhusker wrote:

Bill O reilly is an accomplished author.

that wrote a blatant lie about his accomplishments....
He also has a nightly show where liberals are brought on, and discussions go forth on many many issues.
there's no discussion...o'reilly tries to browbeat those that disagree with him....he constantly brings on people he thinks he can intimidate and more often than not, it ends in o'reilly drowning out his "guest" with a barrage of personal attacks....letterman sums it up best

get out, get out while there's still time
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal, do you have a link for that? I seem to recall reading a million different articles describing how Obama just bulldozed first Hillary then McCain in '08 campaign spending.

I'll see what I can come up with now.

This one says Obama nearly tripled McCain in ad spending...

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/map/ad.spending/

$310 million to $134 million and 570,000 airings vs 274,000 airings are not insignifcant differences. These were reflected in the constant bludgeoning we received at the hands of Obama's media assault.

In terms of fundraising...

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/map/fundraising/

$639 million vs $360. Again, an enormous difference.

I've found a dozen articles describing specific comparisons between Obama and Hillary's campaign spending in '08, with this one being fairly representative...

http://blogs.reuters.com/talesfromthetr ... -1-on-ads/

Barack buried her 3-1 in spending. In Wisconsin, it was 5-1 in TV ads. All over the nation, that same theme persisted: Barack burying his opponents in an avalanche of campaign financing/TV ads.
Last edited by Van on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:$639 million vs $360. Again, an enormous difference.
Both candidates had more than enough money, so what difference did it make? The numbers were functionally equivalent. I'm not sure what is so diffcult to understand here.
Barack buried her 3-1 in spending.
No, he didn't. She spent about ten million less than he did but she raised slightly more cash.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Again...link? Just about every link I've found says the opposite. They also say that a major component of his campaign strategy was to beat down his opponent with TV ads which, more often than not, worked.

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Felix wrote:
bradhusker wrote:

Bill O reilly is an accomplished author.

that wrote a blatant lie about his accomplishments....
He also has a nightly show where liberals are brought on, and discussions go forth on many many issues.
there's no discussion...o'reilly tries to browbeat those that disagree with him....he constantly brings on people he thinks he can intimidate and more often than not, it ends in o'reilly drowning out his "guest" with a barrage of personal attacks....letterman sums it up best

Felix, you just made a fool out of yourself posting dave letterman. He comes across as a left hack, a comedian who isnt funny. AND, he is proved wrong 99 percent of the time. Many nights he flat out lies. Letterman has outright lied so many times on his show, ive lost count.

For you to try to paint Letterman in a serious light, is a complete joke. He constantly puts his foot in his mouth.

As for my take on Bill O reilly? I stand by exactly what I said. YOU AVOIDED my main point. MSNBC is mostly pure propoganda. Ed Shultz and lawrence O donnell bring on far left talking heads who agree with everything they say. When I pointed out the fact that O reilly has both sides on his show, you tried to say that he shouts over them???

You are such a bullshit artist. Sometimes the liberal he has on shouts back at him with equal fiery vigor. THE POINT IS that we have BOTH viewpoints being brought out before the viewer.

STOP being a bullshit liar. I owned you here, and your response is that O reilly shouts over his guests? YOUR AN IDIOT. Ive watched many many nights where there is open debate and viewpoints.

As for david letterman? He's a far left guy who more often than not, talks thru his ass. He came on night after night saying that G W Bush lied to us about WMD's, and NEVER once said that prominent dems also lied about the same exact thing. WHEN THEY DID!
The fact was that the entire intelligence community was on the same page here. BUT, Lettterman, being the liberal cunt he is, chose to call Bush the liar, and not his precious democrats.

SO, for you to portray David Letterman as something other than a joke, tells me that you dont have a clue.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Oh, and brad, here's Bill O'Liely at his finest (audio NSFW)

War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

You have a problem with the "F" word? I dont, its that kind of ballsy attitude thats sorely needed nowadays.
Bravo. If the "F" word offends you, you're a pansy and a pusssy.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

bradhusker wrote:when others display more knowledge than you, you feel inferior, and that makes you mad
I admit I was a little pissed when Screwy schooled both Van and me in geography Friday night.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Smackie Chan wrote:I admit I was a little pissed when Screwy schooled both Van and me in geography Friday night.
:lol:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote:..but the media ... will [help] ensure that he wins again...
Huh? You mean like Fox and Rush and Beck and those fucks? Or are you saying that somehow ABC and the NYT are in the bag for the POTUS?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Jsc810 wrote:Republican budget would cut $5.3 trillion in government safety net spending for the poor and redistribute $4.3 million to the rich through tax cuts to stave off an "insidious moral tipping point."

Absolutely fucking disgusting bastards who deserve all that is coming to them in November. Literally cutting food stamps and health care for the poor in order to do a tax cut for millionaires and billionaires.
What's the big deal about cutting funds for the middle & lower classes so that tax cuts can be given to the rich?

Sincerely,
Gov. Scott Walker
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Moving Sale wrote:
Van wrote:..but the media ... will [help] ensure that he wins again...
Huh? You mean like Fox and Rush and Beck and those fucks? Or are you saying that somehow ABC and the NYT are in the bag for the POTUS?
By and large, and excepting Fox and a lot of AM radio, yes.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:Republican budget would cut $5.3 trillion in government safety net spending for the poor and redistribute $4.3 million to the rich through tax cuts to stave off an "insidious moral tipping point."

Absolutely fucking disgusting bastards who deserve all that is coming to them in November. Literally cutting food stamps and health care for the poor in order to do a tax cut for millionaires and billionaires.
Well, if a leftwing advocacy group makes the claim, it must be true...right?

You are such a fucking idiot. Seriously, I'm almost embarassed for you.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale wrote: Or are you saying that somehow ABC and the NYT are in the bag for the POTUS?
Among others, yes. That should be abundantly clear to anyone who doesn't have his head stuck up his ass.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Breaking News!! SO, let me get this straight. Right now, In Sanford Florida, Al Sharpton and many black leaders and many african americans are marching for justice for the young boy who was killed by the mexican cop wannabe.

HOW come they remained silent when a young college boy was vicously beaten to death on a bus?
This member of a college marching band was actually beaten to his death, and the mainstream media called it "hazing"??

WHAT THE FUCK????

Could it be that when its "black on black" crime, the media calls it "hazing"? And when its hispanic or white on black crime, THEY WANT JUSTICE????

How caome there have been no arrests in the beating death of that young man on the college bus?
And, how come Al Sharpton isnt making a big deal outta that case from several months back?

Was it because it was black on black murder? Makes ya wonder? Race pimps.

Dont call this about justice, when you didnt give a fuck about the young man beaten to death, and no arrests have been made STILL.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Van wrote:
Well, that's it. If Romney wins, I will never post here again—and by "here" I mean T1B as a whole, not just this main board—nor will TiC or Felix.
the elections are in november and the mayans say were toast in december.....say, those crazy mayans may have been on to something....

i'm going to go get me a shitload of credit cards and start spending like there's no tomorrow..
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I'm torn. I'll either head to Dr. Phibes' neck of the woods for a condescending pat on the head and a nice tummy rub or I'll clamber my way up to Derron's post-apocalyptic treehouse.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:I'll clamber my way up to Derron's post-apocalyptic treehouse.
No, you won't. He will calmly rest a Remington 700 on his colostomy bag and blow your head clean off at 400 yards. He's got a really big lawn.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

do STFU about that stupid bet, as far as I'm concerned it's null and void... but I suppose you drama queens will milk it for all it's worth over the next 8 months.

Felix is a made Jackass, btw, and nobody leaves JFFL willingly.

See both you dorks for the Romney inauguration.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

War Wagon wrote:do STFU about that stupid bet, as far as I'm concerned it's null and void... but I suppose you drama queens will milk it for all it's worth over the next 8 months.

Felix is a made Jackass, btw, and nobody leaves JFFL willingly.

See both you dorks for the Romney inauguration.

Oh, relax...you drama-fag.

Your heart-throb, pin-up boy Van isn't going anywhere.

Seriously, Canadian-up* a little bit and be a man.

* Canadian-up: to exude confidence and masculine virtue. Fearing no danger. A true friend.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote:I'll clamber my way up to Derron's post-apocalyptic treehouse.
No, you won't. He will calmly rest a Remington 700 on his colostomy bag and blow your head clean off at 400 yards. He's got a really big lawn.
I'll politely roll up in a '65 Mustang blaring Lynryd Skynryd on a skipping eight-track.

I've got a plan.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I think Duhron is more of a Molly Hatchet character.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Felix wrote:the elections are in november and the mayans say were toast in december.....say, those crazy mayans may have been on to something....
Perhaps.

War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Van wrote: I'll politely roll up in a '65 Mustang blaring Lynryd Skynryd on a skipping eight-track.
schweeet....

my 8 track hated LS....
ate every skynyrd tape I ever put in it....
come to think of it that player ate almost every tape I put in it, except for an REO Speedwagon some chick gave me....
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

"some chick gave me...."

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!

~Felix, rocking on down the highway in his dad's Gremlin, eight-track a blarin'~

"Riiiiidin' the stoooorm out...waitin' for the faaaaallout...."

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Van wrote:"some chick gave me...."

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!

~Felix, rocking on down the highway in his dad's Gremlin, eight-track a blarin'~

"Riiiiidin' the stoooorm out...waitin' for the faaaaallout...."
"Heard it form a friend whoooo, Heard it from a friend whooo, heard it from another you've been messin' around."
"Take it on the run baby, if thats the way you want it baby, then I dont want you and I"
I dont believe it, not for a minute, you're under the gun so you take it on the run"

While you guys were listenning to this gay shit, I was blasting the mighty Led Zepp!!!

"Spend my days with a woman in cannes, smoked my stuff and drank, all my wine" "Made up my mind to make a new start, goin' to California with an achin', in my heart." La La La, "Someone told me theres a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair, "Took my chances on a big jet plane, Never let em' tell you that there ALL all the same, "watch out, damm, I forgot the rest.
Oh well, smoked a lot of pot back then.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Van wrote:"some chick gave me...."

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!

i've bought lots of crap music over the years (s'up REM, Limp Bizkit), but I can honestly say I never stooped so low as to buy anything by REO Speedwagon
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It was dude's oversized beak, wasn't it? You just luuuuved you some Kevin Cronin schnoz, huh?

:mrgreen:

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

OK, let's here your most embarrassing music purchases.

I think I have most of you fukks beat. I signed up for one of those BMG music clubs where you picked 15 CDs for a penny.

I am ashamed to admit that milli vanilli and kenny G were in that batch. :oops:

at least it was before they were exposed as fake.

in my defense, already old stuff like beatles, LZ, PF were not on the selection list.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, unless someone burps up Yoko Ono, Clay Aiken or Tiny Tim it's gonna be fairly tough to top Milli Vanilli.

You big fag.

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

bradhusker wrote:Oh well, smoked a lot of pot
Who'd a thunk it.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Can't beat Milli Vanilli, but I can come kinda close.

When I was in the Navy, I went to a concert at Mayport Naval Station.

The headlining act, you ask? Expose.

Worst of all, I wasn't dragged there by a chick. :oops:
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote:By and large, and excepting Fox and a lot of AM radio, yes.
Nice backpedal you stupid silly fuck.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote:OK, let's here your most embarrassing music purchases.
No question, it's this... at full fucking retail at some mall shop where I wish the mall cop would've shot me before I forked over the loot.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote:Yep, unless someone burps up Yoko Ono...

the first Plastic Ono Band album is genius.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Wouldn't be the adjective I'd apply to it.